Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #342 (isolation #0) » Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Davsto »

Fuck this game moved quick what a surprise I thought a game like this would be slow and chill /s

I've got the flu hence taking a while to post but it's all cool now kinda

Taly is almost trying too hard to take this seriously but I'd have to meta them to decide if that's scum trying too hard to look town or if it's just how they play

I kept thinking people should have died because I keep confusing votes with shoots lmao, but that makes me want to check something tho because it's not made completely clear in the rules

@mod will a bulletproof being shot in the day result in a post saying "x has been shot but not died" or similar acknowledgement of the action being resolved?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #351 (isolation #1) » Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Davsto »

He's keeping a list and cutting down from it so that in a few days you'll see who have barely posted. In a clusterfuck like this where everyone is constantly at risk, some scum will definitely try hard to slip under the radar
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #364 (isolation #2) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 357, Taly wrote:
Davsto wrote:Taly is almost trying too hard to take this seriously but I'd have to meta them to decide if that's scum trying too hard to look town or if it's just how they play
:igmeou: So creating a strategy for the town that doesn't involve random deaths is trying too hard?
I mean. Kinda. There's nothing necessarily wrong with it and I don't consider it a scumtell (the more I think about it the more I believe that scum are unlikely to risk drawing that much attention towards them in an "all-vig" game especially with likely multiball). But in a less volatile game it's not uncommon for scum to do something like this and put a lot of effort into "ordering" the game, since it can make them look good and gives them a bit of extra control over things.
I can see scum slipping under the radar in this scenario; but I don't think a lack of posts or lurking is usually AI.
I don't think it necessarily is either in mafia in general (as town can be hiding as scum too) but in this game I feel it's a much more legitimate strategy than usual, what with all-vig and potential multiball. All you need to do is rub one person up the wrong way and you're fucked. Obviously not all scum will be lurking, but there's definitely gonna be some playing it safe by making as little commotion as possible.
Davsto wrote:He's keeping a list and cutting down from it so that in a few days you'll see who have barely posted. In a clusterfuck like this where everyone is constantly at risk, some scum will definitely try hard to slip under the radar
This might be the second or third post I've seen of you in this game, correct me if I'm wrong.
I.. don't really see how that's relevant. I guess you're saying I haven't posted much? But like I said it's not a universal scumtell or anything it's just very likely there's lurking scum.
Do you believe there's someone trying to do as little as possible?
Not yet. I think that it's too early to decide and that Creature is premature with making a deal about it (especially since drawing attention to it will motivate people to subvert it). Doesn't mean I don't see why he's doing it.
How do you feel about the remaining people that have used their shots at the moment?
No lie, I have no idea who has used their shots because there's no clear place to see (it's not on the death posts or listed with the deaths and while I guess you could look at who is an alive player but not on the "hasn't used their shot yet" list but that's a right pain in the ass to do that considering the number of players)
The one player I do know has used their shot is Mom and they're probscum let's be honest
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #368 (isolation #3) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Davsto »

According to google, analysis means "detailed examination of the elements or structure of something." I'd argue that's pretty much exclusively what I've been doing especially in that last post, analysing this rather unique game and talking out my theories on how scum will act with another player who also seems somewhat interested in looking at the game in a bit more detail.

Could you show me where you've done detailed anything?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #394 (isolation #4) » Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 379, Momrangal wrote:Also.

Information Instead of Analysis (IIoA) is a commonly used scumtell describing a player consistently posting summaries, setup speculation, and other content, but that doesn't critically analyze content to actually sort players and decide on a lynch. This behavior tends to indicate mafia members attempting to look active but are failing to fake genuine scumhunting.

And no I can't say I've done anything in detail but scumhunting doesn't explicitly require that...
Probably a couple of points I can tackle here but the main one boils down to this - this game is likely multiball and also likely contains traitors. Even if it isn't multiball or doesn't contain traitors, it's ambiguous so a scum member likely wouldn't be aware. As a result, even scum!me would looking for scum because I'd be wanting to find opposing scum/potential traitors. I don't think I need to explain how this means your IIoA read is pretty irrelevant and useless in this type of game.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #397 (isolation #5) » Wed May 02, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Davsto »

I could also show some meta to display how this is fairly NAI for me especially earlygame, or that setup spec and similar are arguably a way of scumhunting, but regardless of those your read is bad simply through the fact that the entire type of "scum have to fake scumhunting" reads are basically not relevant in multiball+traitor games.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #399 (isolation #6) » Wed May 02, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Davsto »

I'm probably gonna sound like an idiot but who's Tully lmao
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #408 (isolation #7) » Wed May 02, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 401, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 399, Davsto wrote:I'm probably gonna sound like an idiot but who's Tully lmao
Taly
If you say so lmao

Nah it's largely irrelevant to Taly, it's just my posts being called IIoA
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #485 (isolation #8) » Wed May 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Davsto »

I figured mom was likely bp (hence why I didn't shoot yet) because it made the most sense for Mom!scum's actions, so that claim is pretty much confirming them as scum.

Could someone shoot Mom please? I don't have strongman so I can't really. I'll explain how I figured that they're bp and how it links with them being scum in a bit when I have a little more time.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #497 (isolation #9) » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 485, Davsto wrote:Could someone shoot Mom please? I don't have strongman so I can't really. I'll explain how I figured that they're bp and how it links with them being scum in a bit when I have a little more time.
Actually scratch that. Strongmans will be targeted by scum because they're the biggest risk for any BP so don't out yourself.

Anyone want to join me in shooting Mom by shooting them after me? Ty in advance
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #514 (isolation #10) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 502, Momrangal wrote:Why are you assuming my X=1 here?
I don't think it's unrealistic to assume the vast majority of BPs are 1-shot
In post 505, Momrangal wrote:I mean I thought I said once he shot me, someone should shoot him and if he flips town someone can strong arm me
A bad plan, clearly intended to kill me since I've pinned scum.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #515 (isolation #11) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Davsto »

Also yeah the snarky thing is bad lmao

I mean to be fair the first post doesn't seem to officially say there's no mods beside BP and strongman, but it seems relatively likely, and a day protect seems unlikely, and no offence to Snarky but I don't see him being its target lmao
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #529 (isolation #12) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 516, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 497, Davsto wrote:
In post 485, Davsto wrote:Could someone shoot Mom please? I don't have strongman so I can't really. I'll explain how I figured that they're bp and how it links with them being scum in a bit when I have a little more time.
Actually scratch that. Strongmans will be targeted by scum because they're the biggest risk for any BP so don't out yourself.

Anyone want to join me in shooting Mom by shooting them after me? Ty in advance
im down
oh that's a shame i hope you feel better soon
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #530 (isolation #13) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Davsto »

Anyway here we go random yay

shoot Mom
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #542 (isolation #14) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 532, Taly wrote:...So you randomly shoot the person scumreading you? OK.
No lmao I was talking to randomidget (the user) who'd agreed to shoot Mom after me dw
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #556 (isolation #15) » Thu May 03, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 543, Taly wrote:So, was shooting
Mom
solely to test the BP claim?

I don't even know your read regarding this.
No I think they're scum lmao

Hence why I got someone else to agree to shoot them after me to avoid largely wasting my bullet
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #559 (isolation #16) » Thu May 03, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Davsto »

Why not? Mom has been very scummy, with a lazy accusation of IIoA and then when I quite effectively put down that point it was entirely ignored and so Mom is still scumreading me despite it, random accusations of players being scum with justification either none or buzzwords, an incredibly bad kill in their first post without having even read much, etc.

The only possible defence is that killing such a potentially effective (Eddie Cane is known for being good as town I believe if Team Mafia is anything to go by) town player in the second post with no justification is too risky for scum. In my head I recognised this, and had the idea that Mom was, if scum, very likely a bulletproof - maybe it was even organised with their scumteam to kill Eddie since it could be done with much lower risk. The fact that Mom turned out to actually BP largely confirms this theory to me.

Randomidget, if you could do the honours. Or anyone really.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #566 (isolation #17) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 561, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 538, Momrangal wrote:Im still not really seeing it with Creature
I actually think this is kinda towny. Creature is obv town and if mom were scum they would just sheep that read and kill creature tonight. Looking through the past few pages and thier reads arent great, but Id like to do a small iso dive later tonight.

I mean I missed the BP claim, but why does that make them scum?
It doesn't make them scum independently, but it somewhat counters the main argument for them not being scum (that they wouldn't make such a risky daykill as Eddie so quickly) to the extent I had it in my head that they were likely BP if scum, and so them claiming bulletproof makes it more likely to me. The read is not based on that alone. It's based on scummy behaviour, particularly how they acted with the IIoA towards me (I generally find that particular buzzword is bandied around a lot more by scum then by town particularly in regards to my particular brand of so-called IIoA).
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #573 (isolation #18) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 570, Taly wrote:Also, I don't think it's known whether or not being BP is AI? I highly doubt it is, so I'm iffy here.
Oh I don't think that BP is alignment indicative independent of other factors. It's just that it counters the main reason for discounting Mom-scum and also makes sense with their actions.

Maybe it's just sorta the fact that my theory for Mom!scum involved them being BP and they turned out BP that's making me see it as a bit of a confirmation so maybe it has the potential to be a little biased. I still think they're scummy regardless. It's just a final little bit that settles it for me yk?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #574 (isolation #19) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Davsto »

@light_ganski - have we played together before? Your name and avatar seem familiar but I can't place which game exactly and the ones my instincts said you were in you weren't. Any chance you remember?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #729 (isolation #20) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 575, the worst wrote:This is spinning me out.

light_ganski juat posted a giant wallpost of death and I.....don't hate it?
Yep. ganski's opening post was very town.
In post 577, light_ganski wrote:
In post 574, Davsto wrote:@light_ganski - have we played together before? Your name and avatar seem familiar but I can't place which game exactly and the ones my instincts said you were in you weren't. Any chance you remember?
Can't find a game in which we played together but you modded Micro 651, I was scum in that (where I accidently self hammered due to my post restriction, don't think I've played on this site since then)
Ah that makes a lot more sense. Explained how I recognised your name and avatar but not your playstyle at all because I mainly skim when modding. Thanks for finding it for me.
In post 587, Momrangal wrote:
In post 559, Davsto wrote:an incredibly bad kill in their first post without having even read much, etc.
This is incorrect. I stated that I was on page 22 at a time when there was only 26 pages soooo
Even when the game is 14 pages (as it was when you shot), making an unreasoned shot against a player who can be very strong as town when you haven't read basically a third of the game is just utterly bad. So what if it's "more than half". Also you've picked on this point so you're clearly paying attention to my posts yet you haven't even acknowledged my counter to your IIoA point and so right now you're effectively scumreading me for no reason. Just like all of your townreads. And scumreads. And the person you shot.

Please someone shoot this. Random, I know you've been online recently and posting so if you could. Would appreciate.

Also since there seems to be general PRICKS talk I'll briefly share my thoughts - I think whoever came up with the idea is fairly towny. In terms of its overall appeal and who is in it, I'd go for null. Obviously scum could join to hide and make them less likely to be shot, but this is counteracted by the fact that it stops them from shooting which can be advantageous for scum. I think it's fairly null since it'll attract town who want to think more and also have a better chance of actually getting to play rather than getting lolshot as well as scum who want to take their time with their shot anyway and as such would like the extra protection.

Also also, just to clarify, my want for a kill on Mom has nothing to do with "testing" if BP can be town. I want Mom dead because I think she's scum.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #731 (isolation #21) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Davsto »

We can totally do both lmao
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #733 (isolation #22) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Davsto »

Screen is pretty bad too. While it was silly that no-one got that he was joking about "everyone being town" (seriously so many people thought he was serious like wtf) but he carried it on too long and has been a doofus in other ways. No issue with him going.

Mom needs to go too though and I will campaign for that tyvm.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #734 (isolation #23) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Davsto »

What is your reasoning for Mom being scum? You made one post about how her disagreeing with Creature was towny (a valid, if rather weak, point), but other than that she's been scumscumscumming all over the place, and yet you're defending her with the confidence as if she were clearly town, to the extent that you're scumreading me for thinking she's scum. What gives?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #735 (isolation #24) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Davsto »

*Mom being town
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #737 (isolation #25) » Fri May 04, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Davsto »

Hence the phrase "he carried it on too long".
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #753 (isolation #26) » Fri May 04, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 738, Vaxkiller wrote:I didn't like your (davsto) banter with random midget, and it looked like you were setting up shooting mom. It rubbed me the wrong way.
Okay I really don't get what you're saying here. The bit you're talking about is where I said "I wanna shoot Mom but because she's BP I want someone else to agree to do it after me to avoid me wasting a shot so hey anyone else", randomidget said "yes please me I'll do it" and then I made a pun and shot Mom.

I'm really confused by what you're saying because, well, it was "setting up" shooting Mom because I scumread her. But it wasn't like I was being covert or shady as your wording seems to be implying, I was literally getting someone else to agree to shoot too and under the circumstances (her being x-shot BP) it makes a lot of sense. I am confused by your issue with it and the way your post describing it is worded.

(On a side note, what
is
scummy to me is that right now random is not following through despite having posted onsite since my shot on Mom went through. I won't hound it much until he posts in game without shooting, though. That would be worse.)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #758 (isolation #27) » Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Davsto »

I get what you're saying I guess. We are rather familiar and get along quite well outside of game in sitechat and stuff due to both being British in the same academic year so we have talked about a lot of that stuff we relate with, if you mean that we seem too comfortable? I'm not really sure what else to say.

Also I don't want to even get started into how atrocious and irritating 754 is.

Like, you've just lazily listed what I've said and just gone "wow haha" without actually making any sound argument as to why anything I've said is bad, and your few points are absolutely piss poor reasoning. I could go through every phrase and kick it in the face but that would be giving your so-called "counters" way more credit and legitimacy than they deserve.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #763 (isolation #28) » Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 761, Momrangal wrote:Now you see why I took so long to respond to that self meta!

Pedit: @Dav
But you also ignored the multiball point, a point which is apparently so bad you can't even counter it. Funny.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #765 (isolation #29) » Fri May 04, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Davsto »

where is the counter you're literally just restating what I said and adding a small bracketed bit that makes no sense as to any counter like there is no counter there seriously

Can someone else back me up here because I'm going to feel like I'm going crazy soon
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #770 (isolation #30) » Fri May 04, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 767, StefanB wrote:Davsto: What was the argument again?
Sometimes between back and forth, this is kind of lost.
Can you state clear what this is about for us lazy people.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page there's a little box with the label in front saying "Display posts by user". If you select me in the box, click the little plus sign to the right and then select Momrangel (and then Go) you'll get all of just mine and Mom's posts. That'll give you a better explanation than I really can but I'll attempt anyway

> I think Mom is scummy because she made a quick and lazy shot without even reading the game but also made it clear it was a serious scumread shot. She also has basically not explained a single one of her reads, and her only reasoning for her read on me is stating "IIoA", something which I've explained for various reasons as being invalid yet she largely just brushed it off and ignored it. There are also other minor points.
> Mom thinks I am scummy because ??? and IIoA I guess. After I pointed out she ignored my counter of that, she made a bizarre post where she attempted to defend herself from me but largely formed half-thoughts or even didn't counter anything I said just acknowledged it, and also made several other flawed points that I'll get to tomorrow when I give more of a shit.

Maybe a little biased but in my defence, she is scum.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #775 (isolation #31) » Fri May 04, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Davsto »

I gotta go to sleep now but this sure will be interesting to see in the morning. Should probably get responding to Mom's badpostTM so I only have whatever she's posting next to deal with
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #779 (isolation #32) » Fri May 04, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 754, Momrangal wrote:I hear scum whining about
Okay this is just a pet peeve but clearly meant to use a particular verb to discredit my legitimate points.
me not relenting my read because of some self meta defense,
Here we go, the good old "self-meta is bad" thing. Sure, I can concede that it can be used, even if you make no effort to discuss why you think it's bad, but this more importantly ignores that the self meta defence is actually a small footnote in a much bigger point discounting the IIoA read and places it out of chronological order as if to make it seem like it's my main point. (also I'm willing to provide links to anyone who gives a crap?
something about IIOA being invalid because everyone has to scum hunt (like this is my first multiball ever)
As I touched on earlier, this is not even slightly a counter to my point. She literally just repeats my point then adds some odd thing about how she's played multiball before. Great. Doesn't stop the fact that the reason it's a bad read doesn't matter. To repeat, in multiball, scum can legitimately scumhunt since there are other scum, so a read based on "scum trying to look like they're scumhunting" is basically irrelevant since scum would be hunting, and as such the IIoA is way more likely to be caused by playstyle over any sort of alignment.
and claiming I'm scum for "randomly shooting " someone who could be solid town because I was pinged by his posts even though SO FAR everyone who was gun happy flipped town.
I guess I get your point but my you did it without even fully reading the game and that you painted it as if it were a reads-based one while also shading those who also did quickshots. Also I again discounted the reasoning behind quickshots largely being town (scum would be more scared of standing out and therefore getting shot) since Mom is a bulletproof.
Meanwhile he completely ignores how I am handling bp and how flipped scum handled his.
Someone touched on this before but acting like Snarky pretending he wasn't BP is a standard scum response is a very silly thing to do, Snarky's actions weren't much to do with him being scum and more to do with him doing something stupid. It's hard to explain exactly why Mom's point here is mad but I think it's fairly self-evident that the comparison to the single flipped scum BP is incredibly illegitimate.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #780 (isolation #33) » Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Davsto »

I'll approach your case tomorrow Mom but I can tell from your first post alone you're already discounting and ignoring things I've said so hopefully some other people see sense and shoot you. Ciao.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #961 (isolation #34) » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 778, Momrangal wrote:Starting off with his points.

Moms scum because.

She shot without reading.
She shot randomly and someone who's strong town.
I called him scum first and said he was using IIOA.

points one and two have already been disproven and he went from "made a random shot without reading " to "having shot without reading most of the game " to "randomly shot and only having read 2/3 of the game"
This "change in what I said" only happened in your mind. The only words that I used were that you "hadn't read much", and I would posit that only having read 10 pages out of a 14 page game isn't really much of the game.
He tried to defend himself with Google's definition of Analysis and upon me posting what IIOA actually is, he threw up some self meta and tried to explain why IIOA is a bad tell here by bringing up multi.
Again, this is Mom saying what I've done in a dismissive tone while not acting countering any of it. This is what Mom has been doing a lot and in my mind it's a big red flag.
I will admit that his point that scum need to hunt the other team but it doesn't invalidate IIOA being a scum tell in this setting. Scum still don't want to tip off other teams and so while they are hunting they still wouldn't be all out about it the way town would.
But the reason you said IIoA was scummy is that it "tends to indicate mafia members attempting to look active but are failing to fake genuine scumhunting." Now you're claiming that my IIoA is me trying not to look too active so that I won't tip off other teams? You've entirely flipped on the reason of what you claim my IIoA makes me scummy for.
He also continues to remain defensive and got more aggressive only after I continued to push him
I mean is this even a tell or just stating facts
and is spinning w story about how me being bp makes my entrance make more sense when a large part of confirmed town made similar entrances
This is largely misinterpreting what I've said - my point was that it counters the main argument for early, brave shots not being scum. The claim is that "it's towny because scum wouldn't want to attract attention for a quick shot on themselves", but you being BP counters that. Also, the fact that confirmed town made similar entrances doesn't mean that scum can't. Also also there was generally a large difference between quickshooting town and you - most of them gave no reason and basically admitted to trollshooting, whereas you made a big point to say that "wow eddie was pinging hard".
In post 781, Momrangal wrote:Next let's talk about his behavior.

So far his posts are showing that he is being self concious and continues to try and paint himself as a victim in this whole thing. He is trying to Appeal to logic and is going "I can't be scum because ____"
Oh man, logic? In mafia? What the fuck does "appealing to logic" even mean? How's it a bad thing? This is vastly confusing.
And is appealing to emotion by going "OHMAIGOD SHE SHOT A STRONG PLAYER IF TOWN (idk who tf Eddie is)
I can't really say anything other than this is clearly not what I've been doing and bringing up that Eddie has been known for being strong as town quite publicly due to the recent team mafia is relevant to scum wanting to kill them, is all. Like, this is misrepresentation and exaggeration and some other words ending in "ation".
and is kinda active lurking in some sense that, he's trying to look active by engaging but isn't trying to make people look at him all weird keeping himself away from the line of fire.
First off, that's not active lurking. Active lurking refers to posting a lot but not actually posting any content that is readable in any way, which is objectively wrong. Also, the phrase "look active by engaging" is odd since engaging is definitely a way of being active, it's almost like she's said "he's trying to look active by being active". Third off, explain how I'm keeping myself away from the line of fire since, like most things in your "case", you haven't actually explained it.
He also went from soft pushing me to a hardcore OMGUS which is usually town.

But here's the thing. He keeps on saying "I may be biased but..." which gives him an out when I do flip town.

He is already trying to not take responsibility for me flipping town which doesn't make any sense if he is town here.
Lmao okay you're putting future actions in my mouth here. Do you really think, after pushing your death through at least one BP shot and constantly campaigning for it, I'm going to try and give myself an out and slip away without taking responsibility? Like, you're using one tiny phrase I've used to accuse me of planning to do something that every other action of mine strongly implies I'm not going to do.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #962 (isolation #35) » Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Davsto »

Anyway Mom's case is unsurprisingly trash and I'm still reaching out for someone to please shoot her (randomidget? I know you're out there and you're probably going to die soon so might as well make yourself useful)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #963 (isolation #36) » Sun May 06, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Davsto »

Anyway I'm gonna brb consider some thoughts on some others too
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #964 (isolation #37) » Sun May 06, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 789, Theta Alpine wrote:everyone takes that list of 25 people and figures out which 7 they would want to die [and optionally another 5-10 they would not want to kill]
I'm gonna do this since this probably works well to give an idea on my thoughts

Would like to die:
Momrangal (obviously)
Srceenplay (obviously)
randomidget (once he's made his shot - him agreeing to shoot Mom and then not actually having done so since the pre-flip kill he should have known wouldn't go through really pings me, and it feels like he's avoiding posting so he doesn't have to do it.)
Archwing (only 6 posts and they're very contentless)
Lovebird (a weaker one here but a lot of posts and not a huge amount to any of them. Stuff like saying "hmm Chickadee could be scum going by her ISO", posting her entire ISO and.. not saying a word actually about it. Maybe it's playstyle so I'd have to have a little metadive but it's odd.)
Iconeum (very little content to his posts)
Ausuka (the lowest because it's basically gut but something seems off, probably would rather see them live until tomorrow and let them post some more to get a better read and get potentially shot then the more I think about it)

Don't want to die:
Taly (duh, was a bit weirded by the initial enthusiasm but probably the most likely town out of every player now)
Vax (His defence of Mom seems townie. No scum would defend such a scummy partner like that in a game where freeshots are available, and if Mom isn't on his team I can't imagine scum would stick their neck out that much to try and get towncred for defending what could be scummy-town when there's a risk that they end up actually flipping other scumteam)
TheBrie (awkward entrance, but looks a lot better now)
Austeriy and StefanB (grouped together because mostly gut but just quite decent posters)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #965 (isolation #38) » Sun May 06, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Davsto »

Also to people theorising ~10 scum may I point you towards xyzzy's game that this is a sequel to, ehobanohar, which had 56 players and 22 scum (split into four teams 6/6/6/4). That's about
40%
of the playerlist, equivalent to about 16 scum in this. While the number in this game is likely to be lower, don't expect this game to be based on standard balance assumptions (especially with Alisae as part game designer). I'm especially concerned that people assuming fewer scum than the actual number could risk complacency and being less than careful as it may not be obvious how close the game actually is to endgame.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #972 (isolation #39) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 966, Srceenplay wrote:If that’s the case is it not already a town loss?
In theory multiball should help balance it and stops a scum win happening very early. I doubt it's as high as that number, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's higher than 5/5 for two scumteams or such, is all I'm saying.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #975 (isolation #40) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 967, Lovebird wrote:
In post 964, Davsto wrote:Lovebird (a weaker one here but a lot of posts and not a huge amount to any of them. Stuff like saying "hmm Chickadee could be scum going by her ISO", posting her entire ISO and.. not saying a word actually about it. Maybe it's playstyle so I'd have to have a little metadive but it's odd.)
It's not entire ISO, just posts I think show she's scummy.
Fair enough. But you still haven't explained any of them and it's not like they're the kind of quotes that go without explanation - sure the first and second are pretty bad I guess, and the third and fifth are a little dodgy, but I don't even get what you're saying is wrong with the fourth and last. It hardly needs an essay, just something there.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1022 (isolation #41) » Mon May 07, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1019, Momrangal wrote:So. I'm scum for having a scum read and taking responsibility for it, basically according to dav.
This is gross oversimplification and misrepresentation.

Also does anyone else think that literally more than half the game =/= most of the game?
Holy shit I have literally already addressed this and you're changing my words, putting things I haven't said in my mouth.

I
never once
used the phrase "most of the game" referring to how much you'd read before shooting. Not a single fucking time. Go to my ISO and ctrl+f "most" if you don't believe me, anyone else. It's one of the first things I said in my big post. Yet you're
again claiming
I said it.
The word I used was "much", which has considerably different connotations to "most", and I would say that when the game is only 14 pages that not having read it all before shooting is "not reading much" of it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1023 (isolation #42) » Mon May 07, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Davsto »

Seriously for all that is holy someone shoot Mom. They made a bad case against me that I deconstructed in detail, and it (and their most recent post too) is full of misrepresentation, twisting of words, selective reading, the whole works of "what makes a case scummy 101". This needs to die.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1033 (isolation #43) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Davsto »

Fuckin took you long enough

It's too late (i.e. nearly 11pm and I'm tired) to properly process and respond to Mom I'll do it tomorrow probably
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1058 (isolation #44) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Davsto »

Wtf mom why did you lie about your number of bulletproof shots? Were you trying to out strongmen? Fuck me, no offence but you need to up the fuck out of your towngame

Look Mom was scummy as fuck and despite how they were acting and what they were saying about my scumread if you actually read my posts it goes a lot deeper than just their shot. It's how their initial scumread on me was based on a flimsy buzzword, and it's how they discussed my scumread on them in such a disingenuous way. They ignored points, they "countered" many points by just repeating them in a dismissive tone, they focused on tiny phrases I used and twisted their meaning to something they could scumread rather than looking at context. Like, look at their response to my big post against them - I made point after point, and rather than responding, she found the tiniest thing she could counter the best and picked at that thread.

Anyone saying that I "pushed my case too far for what I had" has clearly not been actually reading my posts closely because I have expressed all of the above except the last sentence. Anyone saying that "I pushed my case too far for what I had" has clearly been skimming my posts, reading Mom's, and assuming what she's arguing against is the entirety of my point. It's not.

I still think Mom is scum tbh and I don't regret the kill at all. The fact that I was wrong doesn't make the arguments I made any less valid. If anyone actually thinks they'll shoot me, please actually read my posts first to see the full argument against Mom in terms of how scummily she argued against me. Ta.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1060 (isolation #45) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Davsto »

Is that talking to me? I'm not signing off. I'm still playing. I just see phrases like this
In post 1041, TheBrie wrote:I think Davsto pushed that case on Mom far too hard for what he had.
And it's very clear that someone hasn't actually been reading my posts. Regardless of whether or not you agree with my reasons, I had a lot of them. I want to make that clear and I want people to actually make an informed decision before shooting me.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1061 (isolation #46) » Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Davsto »

You've gotta sympathise with how frustrated I am right now. I had a myriad of valid reasons to scumread Mom. And they flipped town, big deal, sometimes reads are wrong and town players act scummy. It's just annoying to now see people acting like I had no reasons as if they think my only reason to scumread Mom was her quickshoot when reading my posts makes it clear it's more than that. It really puts down and degrades a scumread I put an awful lot of effort into. I don't mind it being wrong, I mind that everyone is acting like it was nothing.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1094 (isolation #47) » Wed May 09, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1070, TheBrie wrote:
In post 1061, Davsto wrote:You've gotta sympathise with how frustrated I am right now. I had a myriad of valid reasons to scumread Mom. And they flipped town, big deal, sometimes reads are wrong and town players act scummy. It's just annoying to now see people acting like I had no reasons as if they think my only reason to scumread Mom was her quickshoot when reading my posts makes it clear it's more than that. It really puts down and degrades a scumread I put an awful lot of effort into. I don't mind it being wrong, I mind that everyone is acting like it was nothing.
It wasn't the quick shoot I thought was a bad reason. It was the whole IIoA being irreverent in multi-ball that I thought was rubbish. Not complete rubbish, as it's easier for scum to avoid it, but that doesn't been it's an totally invalid tool. And even as a bad tool, that doesn't mean the person using it is scum, and you were tunnelling he a bit, in my opinion.
Honestly you're pretty much right there lmao, I shot pretty early because of confbias through me guessing that Mom was BP!scum and Mom turning out BP. I would have definitely still shot her eventually though because her actions as mentioned above were pinging me hard so she would still have got a shot from me.
In post 1083, light_ganski wrote:Gamma looks more town to me off of 1052
Even gamma's pre-1052 posts are pretty good on ISO, he is a new member of my "do not shoot" team. 1502 was definitely a goodpostTM though
In post 1089, Austerity wrote:Random is avoiding the game again.

Somebody please shoot him.
Seconding this. In his credit he did shoot Mom when coming back but he was basically locked into it at that point and would have been garroted had he not so it's pretty NAI. The lurking is pretty bad though. The fact that he shot Mom means he was reading the game enough to follow that Mom was still alive and needed a shot, but apparently not enough to comment at all.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1148 (isolation #48) » Thu May 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1143, wingedcatgirl wrote:Or. I suppose Dav probably has a counter-request. Does he have a counter-
argument
?
I mean. I can't really supply a counterargument when you haven't supplied me with an argument to counter, if you get my drift.

That point aside though, my posts and pretty much sum up my counterarguments to the current points against me. I had a lot of points against Mom, and just because they were wrong doesn't make them invalid arguments in their own right and doesn't mean I didn't believe them.

In terms of a counter-suggestion, I'd (as mentioned earlier) back Light on Iconeum being potential scum. But I'd rather you ISO the people suggested and come up with your own opinion rather than just shooting based on suggestions.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1174 (isolation #49) » Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1153, Ausuka wrote:I recall thinking stefan was buddying me earlier but I never said that. maybe that has truth to it.
I ISOed Stefan and ctrl+f'd your name and only found two mentions of you. Any chance you could search through for what exactly made you think he was buddying you?
In post 1171, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Posting by the two flipped scum and associations with living players (specifically in the direction of dissuading shots their way or in the BP scum's case discouraging a second shot).
Just going to point out that the BP player Snarky was a traitor so you wouldn't get any associatives from him, before you go around putting effort into it. Totally understand your not reading the game since you are pretty likely to get shot.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1284 (isolation #50) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1175, StefanB wrote:Davsto:
I think I know what Ausuka is refering, to. It was in a post towards Bins after the snarkyshoot, where I called her Ausuka the scumkiller.
She went a little bit overboard with it.
I asked myself what did I create afterwards.
Ah okay, I saw the comment in the ISO but that really didn't give a good idea of this context. Thanks, I see What Ausuka means.
In post 1192, Iconeum wrote:Would love to see him explain what information killing me would give. It's an easy statement to make.
While I do agree with an Ico shot as they're quite scummy, I see the point here. Vax still hasn't answered this - what associatives would shooting Ico give us? Why are you advocating the kill seemingly entirely on the associatives rather than any scumread?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1450 (isolation #51) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Davsto »

Austeritys idea is,, interesting, but I worry that with likely three scumteams (and both munitions co and the unflipped faction being mostly/entirely alive) it's incredibly likely that the top voted town player is actually scum. If the scumteam communicates it's relatively easy to rig.

Also, it doesn't take into account bulletproofs which would completely break the chain. There's bound to be a bulletproof somewhere along the line and the moment one is hit then there will be two players alive and so we need the top two to be town.

Basically, nice idea on the surface, but it wouldn't work.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1451 (isolation #52) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Davsto »

Also I didn't really like Lovebird taking time to realise the third shot suggested a third scumteam. It felt artificial and like playing dumb.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1454 (isolation #53) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by Davsto »

I had that thought too but I remember that in the sign-up thread xyzzy said all anti-town factions had at least 2 players or something like that
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1456 (isolation #54) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Davsto »

But then again xyzzy said in our role PMs something about what public knowledge we had changing so maybe we should ask

@xyzzy: is the info about what roles and potential factions etc in this game in the sign-up thread still confirmed to be true?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1457 (isolation #55) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1455, Ausuka wrote:"there will be one or more non-town factions, and at least one of those factions will have at least two players who know each others' identities."

If anything, I would say this
suggests
the existence of a SK.
Ah okay that's where that came from, "at least one", suggesting that other factions could have only one player. It makes sense since we've had no third faction flips when by pure numbers we'd expect something.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1472 (isolation #56) » Mon May 21, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1460, Gammagooey wrote:Dav do you have any strong reads from how people played yesterday? I'm 95% sure I'm not going to be firing the next bullet today but I still really dislike how narrow it feels your focus has been near the end of yesterday & today
Depressingly enough the main thing I had in my head at the end of yesterday was a growing scumread on TheBrie, as their issue with my push on Mom apparently being the reasoning itself yet waiting until Mom flipped to push me seemed opportunistic (i.e. using the town flip to make it easier to push me) but I guess I'm wrong there lmao. Lovebird has been rubbing me the wrong way a bit so I'll have to give a look over there.

Nothing else really significant except continued town reads on ganski and you. Probably need to give a look over to Ausuka because I did place them in a scumread (albeit weak-weak) and I'd like to look more into what my gut felt.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1504 (isolation #57) » Mon May 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Davsto »

honestly I had the suspicion light did (mostly just due to the 2-shot bp since it makes sense since otherwise SK would be super underpowered in the setup)

But I also have to agree with the worst that specifically SK-hunting for shooting purposes is not the greatest idea, since they will be targeting groupscum and the SK being alive prevents a scum-majority from winning the game.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1528 (isolation #58) » Wed May 23, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Davsto »

is that a "I'll have decided on Friday who to shoot but it could be one of several so discussion" or "I've decided who I'm gonna shoot and will probably shoot them tomorrow"

asking for a friend
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1532 (isolation #59) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Davsto »

austerity did you miss the bit where I told you that the existence of bulletproofs completely fucks it up

We still have one claimed bp alive and certainly there's unclaimed too. Regardless of the arguable point it could easily be manipulated by scum, the system simply wouldn't work.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1534 (isolation #60) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1529, Gammagooey wrote:well friday's not tomorrow so not exactly the first one

I'd like more words and opinions that aren't readslists before then but I've got a very few people in mind of who I'm very likely going to shoot and then push for other people to shoot whoever of them I don't afterwards.
Have you got a specific few people to name or is it basically what you've stated before?

I just would like some discussion up in here there's been a lot more people just throwing their independent ideas out rather than actual talking. Also I have an inkling your target is me and would like you to not do that but can't really discuss any potentially misled thoughts on me without knowing what they are
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1540 (isolation #61) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Davsto »

It just seems a lot like your entire theory on me being scum is because I have had quite a narrow view. And sure, that's true and I will not deny it, but it's a playstyle thing over a scummy thing (especially given my busy life right now with extremely important exams starting in under two weeks so I'm busy revising).

I'm just interested if it's actually a little more than that because I feel that you'd recognise that it's a playstyle rather than scum thing too.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1542 (isolation #62) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Davsto »

normally id agree with not shooting partners being a general rule in this kinda game but id shoot my partner if he were notmafia in this set up too since he's basically confirmed dead the moment he does something stupid which is instantly

I just think that light reads as town regardless of that
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1546 (isolation #63) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1545, StefanB wrote:
In post 1542, Davsto wrote:normally id agree with not shooting partners being a general rule in this kinda game but id shoot my partner if he were notmafia in this set up too since he's basically confirmed dead the moment he does something stupid which is instantly

I just think that light reads as town regardless of that
For that Not_Mafia lived quite a long time.
I see what you mean but you also can't just shoot immediately without reason because it doesn't really lend much credit to it. I don't necessarily think it's likely, just also don't think it's impossible
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1547 (isolation #64) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1544, Austerity wrote:
In post 1532, Davsto wrote:austerity did you miss the bit where I told you that the existence of bulletproofs completely fucks it up
I didn't miss it, but I did forget to respond to it.

I doubt that there are any unclaimed town bulletproofs, especially among the lower players on the list.
Regardless of me disagreeing (I think it is more than possible for unclaimed town BPs),
any
BPs present stop your strategy from working as it breaks the chain of player-shooting-player-below. It'll have some odd results and I don't think the net result will be protown.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1548 (isolation #65) » Wed May 23, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Davsto »

Still think Lovebird is the most likely scum. Very little substance or engagement to any posts (a small burst of engagement yesterday with Taly but still little substance to that and then continued emptiness today), mostly just popping her head in to say anything ranging from single words to very surface level reads.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1627 (isolation #66) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Davsto »

You've never mentioned Gamma before as any read of any sort. Why does him shooting town make him scum? Did you want to shoot him before for any reason? If so, why?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1647 (isolation #67) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Davsto »

Hm. Probably gonna leave Lovebird for now. While multiball, so could be other scum, that's a hell of a risky shot to make imo.

I must say I've noticed a considerable pattern now of people suggesting those kinda strategies being scum so I'm just gonna

Shoot Austerity

Since the slot was pinging me a little anyway
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1652 (isolation #68) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by Davsto »

thank u scum for having a very noticeable pattern
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1664 (isolation #69) » Fri May 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1662, Ausuka wrote:This 100% does not read like "Echo bay grits is dead" and definitely reads like "there is 1 echo bay grits left."
I believe that's shown on every Grits flip? It definitely was on the last one.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1760 (isolation #70) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by Davsto »

what's the call on me being munitions again
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1762 (isolation #71) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Post by Davsto »

I see people saying it's because I barely mentioned people who've flipped munitions? But it can't be just that surely because that's a poor reason alone
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1764 (isolation #72) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by Davsto »

Imma claim if that's okay
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1767 (isolation #73) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Post by Davsto »

I'm BP. Here's why I didn't claim before.

I reckoned that strongman is most likely to be scum, and if so is aware of it being a scumtell and trying to keep it hidden. Thus, claiming BP would mean they'd avoid shooting me. If I keep BP hidden, strongman scum could shoot me by accident, outing themselves

Also I think it's fair to say that me being BP makes it unlikely for me to be scum
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1768 (isolation #74) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by Davsto »

Also there's quite a lot of players in this game that I've barely mentioned. I pretty much didn't give a read on non-Mom players D1 and I've not exactly been talking to everyone today so there are town/grits flipped players I've also barely given reads on or barely talked to. With such a large ring of players I've barely interacted with, some are bound to be scum.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1770 (isolation #75) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by Davsto »

Yea
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1773 (isolation #76) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1771, Ausuka wrote:I mean you have been going after two flipped Grits and not really Munitions players so it's not hard to see why you're suspicious here.

Nevertheless I think light is still munitions?

Who do you think are scum?
Honestly I need to properly iso everyone left, now I have a week of free time to do that (obviously I'll be quicker but yk). I don't have anyone hugely on my radar now so I need to look closer
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1774 (isolation #77) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1772, light_ganski wrote:Grits traitor was BP though and we've got no munitions traitor as yet
If I was munitions traitor then I wouldn't know my scumpartners so your only reason for scumreading me is therefore impossible though
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1779 (isolation #78) » Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by Davsto »

According to wikis it various, but I checked the sign-up post and it says traitors don't know the scumteam
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1792 (isolation #79) » Sat May 26, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Davsto »

Just to clarify light, you reason for shooting me is to test my BP? Or is it because you think I should die even if I am BP?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1794 (isolation #80) » Sat May 26, 2018 12:46 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1792, Davsto wrote:Just to clarify light, you reason for shooting me is to test my BP? Or is it because you think I should die even if I am BP?
I'd prefer an answer to this prior to shot resolution btw
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1797 (isolation #81) » Sat May 26, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Davsto »

Fair enough.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1812 (isolation #82) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1804, Ausuka wrote:Davsto (traitor)
Why is this back despite it being debunked literally last page

Your entire reason for scumreading me is my associatives, which are incompatible with me being traitor. All your reasons given below cannot be possible since traitor!me wouldn't know who is in the munitions, and munitions wouldn't know I'm a traitor. How can you still put this forwards without further reasons?
In post 1763, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1760, Davsto wrote:what's the call on me being munitions again
1. you have basically no interactions with NM
2. you have basically no interactions with Theta
3. Theta had you as null and the only other one in the nullpool who could be Munitions is Lovebird who actually can't be Munitions
4. Theta put you in the final 4 (because you "had a lot of good points") and there's probs 2 munitions in there, or 1 if there's just one left
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1813 (isolation #83) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Davsto »

Also light's shot of me is null because someone had to do it to test for obvious reasons but it's also an incredibly safe shot to do
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1825 (isolation #84) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1815, Ausuka wrote:The reason I put you as a traitor is because I kinda think the BP thing is traitory? Nobody else has claimed it.

Those reasons are all wrong if you're a traitor yes but I do think you're possibly scum outside that?
I think it's an incredibly tenuous thing to base a read on in that case because there have been multiple town BPs and potentially no traitor at all and potentially a BP-traitor not admitting to being BP

When you have no other reason to scumread me it's a very weak thing to put
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1826 (isolation #85) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Davsto »

Also it's worth noting that it also said in the signup post that groupscum know how many traitors they have so if munitions did have autowin they'd have done it by now because they know if they have any traitors
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1832 (isolation #86) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Davsto »

Grits' shot wouldn't be an antitown shot, it'd be an anti-munitions shot, or at least an attempt at one, right? It'd be awful strategy for grits to target anything other than munitions tonight, because they're closer to losing to grits than we are.

I guess your point is that they could miss which is fair enough but I'm still not convinced
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1849 (isolation #87) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1833, the worst wrote:I'm reasonably certain, still, that all NKs are comin my way
Unless Grits is a strongman there's no way they'll bother shooting you when you're claimed SK and there's a chance that munitions could have a strongman. It's 100% not worth it. Grits strat at this point is to covertly work with town (potentially overtly by claiming if they wanted, since it prevents town from shooting them, but probably not because that is painting a target on your back for munitions to shoot and since it's kills not lynches there's a risk a town member will probably just shoot you anyway) and get rid of munitions since they're the biggest threat to grits survival. SK is in the same situation, so Grits probably won't target SK as SK is also going for Munitions.

That's my guess for how those factions would be playing at this point, anyway.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1850 (isolation #88) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 am

Post by Davsto »

*when you're claimed BP
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1851 (isolation #89) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 am

Post by Davsto »

too many acronyms smh
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1857 (isolation #90) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1853, the worst wrote:pedit: I'm not SK
Yeah I got a little sidetracked at the end with my theory on who'd be aiming for who that I got distracted from the main point of you

But anyway I doubt grits is going for you unless they have strongman since it's largely wasting a night shot.

What was your reasoning for thinking people would NK you again? It was something about softing SK and so scum would have to shoot you because they want SK gone and it could be you, right?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1860 (isolation #91) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Davsto »

The issue then is that SK is probably strongman so if scum think the SK is gunning for you then they definitely won't bother

It's a bit wifomy overall so I don't disagree with your strategy but I wouldn't bank on every shot being for you. Probably SK and maybe Munitions (mostly if they have strongman) but I wouldn't expect Grits to as munitions is their larger enemy.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1880 (isolation #92) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Davsto »

woah i'm actually bp what a surprise

I realise that the shot was basically necessary but it still feels quite a waste.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1920 (isolation #93) » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1903, Vaxkiller wrote:Davstos shot is a little weird cause Aust wasnt on his scum radar (on a quick iso)
I guess, but their flawed strategy and their insistence on it despite obvious holes being poked in it was off and something I had conflicted with them about. Couple that with people making big strategies generally flipping scum this game (Theta's death being the catalyst for me to really click on that) and the weird posts of theirs I commented on towards the top of the page I shot them (posts and ) and I don't think it was entirely unwarranted. I do see where you're coming from with it being a relatively unforeseeable shot by me compared to, say, me shooting Lovebird.
In post 1905, Gammagooey wrote:Dav mentioned that he wouldn't know who munitions scum was if he was a traitor which is true, but him being either a bulletproof traitor or a SK would make a lot of sense in regards to why he was so sure that Mom was playing like bulletproof scum as he joined the game - him being some sort of bulletproof scum would give him the idea that bulletproofs were more likely to be scum than other players, and if he's a bp traitor he might have thought that Mom was his counterpart on the other team
tl;dr I disagree. If I were BP traitor, the last thing I'd want is for a BP traitor to flip, because that could point towards me as a pattern since I'm BP. So even if I did think they were scum because of BP, I'd probably keep my distance. Additionally, SnarkySnowman (BP traitor for grits) flipped relatively early in my Mom read (after it had developed but a large proportion of me pushing was after that), so unless you thought I'd play thinking that there were 2 opposing traitors, this doesn't really fit your theory on me either since "my counterpart on the other team" was already dead for a large proportion of my Mom push.
In post 1915, StefanB wrote:the worst 2shot BP
Ausuka
Davsto 1 shot BP
Vaxkiller Citizen
Lovebird
StefanB Citizen
light_ganski
Gammagooey

I take the middle of the road-player Lovebird next.
Uh, is this meant to be a readslist? Is it from most scummy at the top to least scummy at the bottom or vice versa? Or is it just a random list? I'm confused.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1922 (isolation #94) » Mon May 28, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Davsto »

Ah okay, it was a little confusing
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1931 (isolation #95) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:13 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1450, Davsto wrote:Austeritys idea is,, interesting, but I worry that with likely three scumteams (and both munitions co and the unflipped faction being mostly/entirely alive) it's incredibly likely that the top voted town player is actually scum. If the scumteam communicates it's relatively easy to rig.

Also, it doesn't take into account bulletproofs which would completely break the chain. There's bound to be a bulletproof somewhere along the line and the moment one is hit then there will be two players alive and so we need the top two to be town.

Basically, nice idea on the surface, but it wouldn't work.
In post 1532, Davsto wrote:austerity did you miss the bit where I told you that the existence of bulletproofs completely fucks it up

We still have one claimed bp alive and certainly there's unclaimed too. Regardless of the arguable point it could easily be manipulated by scum, the system simply wouldn't work.
In post 1547, Davsto wrote:
In post 1544, Austerity wrote:
I didn't miss it, but I did forget to respond to it.

I doubt that there are any unclaimed town bulletproofs, especially among the lower players on the list.
Regardless of me disagreeing (I think it is more than possible for unclaimed town BPs),
any
BPs present stop your strategy from working as it breaks the chain of player-shooting-player-below. It'll have some odd results and I don't think the net result will be protown.
In post 1627, Davsto wrote:You've never mentioned Gamma before as any read of any sort. Why does him shooting town make him scum? Did you want to shoot him before for any reason? If so, why?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1932 (isolation #96) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Davsto »

Not that out of nowhere. I disliked the idea and despite it being clearly taken down Aust insisted on it. They said some odd things. General pattern of people pushing theorems being scum. I've told you all this before but you ignored it, so could you address this? It's not like I hipshot randomly, there was some mention of a dislike of Austerity.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1935 (isolation #97) » Wed May 30, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Davsto »

Also, you've said that my shot is "weird" because it came out of nowhere and hit scum, but I can't see you saying anything else and it's confusing. What's weird about it? Why is it scummy? More explanation would be appreciated
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1939 (isolation #98) » Wed May 30, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1936, Vaxkiller wrote:I dunno Davsto, you worry me, but in retrospect I think the munitions team thought they were in a good spot at the start of the day and prob werent prepared to bus.
Just to clarify, Aust was grits. I think that shows pretty strongly that my shot being bussing would be odd, since if I were grits w/ austerity I'd be presumably bussing my last teammate despite them not being particularly scumread overall iirc.

I won't deny it was a quickly developed read, but that was just how it was, and it wasn't out of nowhere as such. Austerity had spent most of the game being nulltown through pretty much being off my radar. The flawed strategy brought my attention more to him and the insistence of it despite its obvious flaws did strike me as odd (though I didn't really mention that), and that post about gamma's shot was particularly opportunistic and scummy (the post I'm questioning in my last quote there). Theta's flip showing that a lot of scum had come up with the strategies and theories and stuff made it seem like a pattern to me so that was the final push.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1946 (isolation #99) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1942, Vaxkiller wrote:So davsto is scum because hes teh only claimed 1 shot and has to be the traitor?

Eh maybe.
If you're talking to stefan that's not quite what he said all he's saying is that if I am scum I'm traitor
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1948 (isolation #100) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Davsto »

just letting everyone know that in less than 48 hours, if no-one has shot the day will end, since the game is dragged to a bit of a halt. I'd appreciate someone with a shot at least saying or considering something or preparing, if not actually shooting.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1983 (isolation #101) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Davsto »

woahwoah what's happened i'm confusd
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1984 (isolation #102) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Davsto »

How did the worst die? important questions here
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1986 (isolation #103) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Davsto »

Had he already been shot once? I don't remember him being shot before
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1988 (isolation #104) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 am

Post by Davsto »

Nah light shot me yesterday
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1989 (isolation #105) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 am

Post by Davsto »

Also it's pretty obvious I'm town at this point, I just don't know which of you or light is scum (unless it's both of you in which case I've lost anyway)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1991 (isolation #106) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 414, Kokichi Oma wrote:
shoot: the worst
yeye here it is that helps clear it up
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1992 (isolation #107) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Davsto »

soo gamma tell me why ur town and not light
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1994 (isolation #108) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Davsto »

yeah you're right light is def scum
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1995 (isolation #109) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Davsto »

shoot gamma
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1996 (isolation #110) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Davsto »

oops
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1998 (isolation #111) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1997, Gammagooey wrote:yeah you're traitor light is redscum
ur damn right
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2000 (isolation #112) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Davsto »

well played though i thought you were town the entire game including up until you claimed sk lmao
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2008 (isolation #113) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Davsto »

gg, was not expecting to win this one
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2025 (isolation #114) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Davsto »

I'm glad I claimed BP when I did. It was a high risk move because it was basically asking to be shot for not claiming before but it really did help with the situation in terms of making me traitor-if-scum and therefore discounting the main reason for scumreading me.

And ye, I was converted by light's shot. It was pure coincidence I had never mentioned NM or Theta lmao
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2026 (isolation #115) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Davsto »

But yeah good fun and gg, well played everyone
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2027 (isolation #116) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Davsto »

ohhh i got confused about my traitor

I thought I had to be targeted by my scumteam for a kill but it's just any kill

xyzzy - great modding in general, but I'd advise you be more clear with wording for things like that in role PMs :P
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2028 (isolation #117) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Davsto »

(especially since the signup post made it sound like it was only a scumteam nightkill of your team that would make you convert)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2065 (isolation #118) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by Davsto »

wow the scummies never heard of them before thanks for the useful and definitely informative post

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”