Problems with the Queues

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #177 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Kison »

Hi. I did read this thread but I happened to be extremely busy when it initially came up. I'm happy to answer any tough questions & catch any rotten tomatoes. There's a lot here so I'll have to go back and see what all was brought up.

Anyway, from memory, someone mentioned closed-door volunteer work. I think it's an interesting idea to move some of the hidden boards to the public. For example, I would have no problem moving the coding forum into the open and making it read-only unless you join the group & seeing how that works out. The only issue is we don't actually use it a ton anymore, primarily because we use apps like Slack & Discord to communicate now.

Someone asked why we aren't using the automated signups that we began working on. That project was worked on by several people over many many years. It was close to being done, but Chamber, the last person to really work on it & the only active coder at the time, was not able to get it out the door. Once myself & others became active again, we decided we would work on upgrading the board first, as it would make that project a lot easier. Chamber and I talked about it just two days ago and we decided he would work on porting it over to the new forum codebase while the rest of us worked on completing the upgrade, which IMO is the best possible solution.

Status on the board upgrade? It's getting very close. We have one or two more features to complete, skinning & then it's just testing. Want to help out? You're more than welcome. :)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #179 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Kison »

The is now public and read-only by default. We probably need a better name for it and should reorganize things a little bit.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #187 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Kison »

Yep. I just moved the Art(fairly inactive) & Wiki(new & active) forums under Site Development(formerly Omerta). The same read-only restriction applies here.

Things could shuffle around a bit, but I think this will work for the time being.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #189 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Kison »

I've moved everything previously in into a subforum. Site Development is now just a parent board housing these subsections.

This still leaves us with several behind-the-scenes groups. I know people mentioned that it's very difficult to figure out what groups even exist & what the process for joining is. ErrantParabola had an idea that I like: we can build an index of these groups(as well as the now-public ones) as a stickied thread in Site Development. That would give a quick picture of everything we have.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #190 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 am

Post by Kison »

Posted a detailed update on where we stand with the board upgrade . Feel free to follow along. I'll try to update every week or two.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:36 am

Post by Kison »

Sup.

I'll be around starting tonight & am planning to devote all time to MS this weekend. Plan is to work with Chamber & anyone else who is around on the upgrade(we did the same last weekend). Will update the by the end of the weekend.

To tackle another common complaint in this thread, I'm hoping to finish the directory of contributor user groups & how to join them and sticky the thread in the Site Development board. I got about 75% done but I need to hunt down information for the areas I'm less familiar with.

If you want anything looked at, don't be shy. I'll also be on Discord.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”