YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (isolation #0) » Sat May 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by YT2980 »

catching up with this thread; excited to play! if anyone has questions for me, hit me, and i'll answer them at my leisure; but you'll likely have to wait until after i get caught up. it'll be a couple days before i can make a meaningful contribution

love it that 2 scum have been caught already! doing a fine job so far, just got to keep steady. we should be in a good position, especially if we follow the right track today.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (isolation #1) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 am

Post by YT2980 »

In post 1391, Wisdom wrote:could also lynch nsg

disappearing is her scum meta apparently
In post 1392, Wisdom wrote:actually ill just go with that

VOTE: yt2980
hi wisdom, thanks for the warm welcome, since nsg = me now! :)

one case that makes sense for nsg to go against prior factional tendencies is if nsg felt overgamed (i.e., in too many mafia games); it can cause any player to stray from usual factional tendencies of activity/content levels. all it takes is a lack of understanding/confusion for how this game operates and not enough time or willpower to try and figure it out, a bit of impulsiveness in replacing in for the game (seeing that she replaced in for randomidget), OR a bit more disinterest/lower investment level in the flavor/mechanics of one game relative to the others. taking a look at her recent post history on this site reveals she's involved in several games--way more than i could balance at once. now, i have no clue what the actual reason is that nsg replaced out, but it's an outlier in that it doesn't align w/ the factional tendencies you posed.

hey to taly as well; realize i missed your welcome in the thread! thanks for electing not to gang up on me immediately :p

analysis coming here shortly, so stay tuned!
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (isolation #2) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by YT2980 »

so, last time i played in an 18 player game, there were 5 scum vs. 13 town. hence, i’m going to base my analysis off of that model. i think there are 3 scum remaining

acryon
: am i reading this right? “If someone leads us into a mislynch for the first one, do you think we follow that person into a second one?” this question rubs me the wrong way, for its motive more than anything. following screenplay’s townflip, who acryon asked this to, he has the option of using screenplay’s answer as a basis to lead another lynch; it yields exactly the type of info that could benefit scum. also, considering it’s a mislynch, why would it ever benefit town to immediately follow the same person that lead the mislynch again w/o due reason?
: kidamn is locktown; i don’t understand the fuss about them being locktown this early in the game. also, found screenplay to be the only clear scum member, which was false.
“town are much more likely to be disinterested than town?” what? i don’t follow that comparison.

beeboy
¡no hay nada! other than disappearance. i think it is likely scum caused taly and beeboy's disappearance, so early on i will lean town for both.

creature
: tempted townread for katsuki is poorly supported here.

guyinfreezer
: this post by guyinfreezer suggests more knowledge of the game setup than it’s letting on to; my question is how does he claim to know we’d be at LYLO after a double lynch and one more free lynch? does he have information that the rest of us don’t?
: i don’t follow the logic here, gif, because if beeboy and taly both disappeared and they were on the same scum team, that would be such a horrible strategy, because they’re drawing too much attention to themselves. if one flipped scum, think about it: wouldn’t you be all over the other person in hopes they’re a scum flip as well? this leads me to believe at least one of the pair is town for sure, if not both, provided there’s not more than one scum faction in play. for now, i’ll assume from the evidence we have that it’s town vs. scum head-on, and this leads me to an early townread for both beeboy and Taly, though this is tenuous and subject to change. i feel scum is directly responsible for their disappearances.
: dispensing forced townreads for your only thread given townreads is not very smart, esp. when no one ever asked you that directly. also, it doesn’t take much of a hard stance in a town-leaning direction. you either feel someone’s town, you don’t, or you’re in between. in the latter case, you shouldn’t announce that as your only townread. consider if you died out of nowhere; town being left with a stance like that is not very good for our prospects.
note: gif forced a townread kidamn there.
: gif forces his second townread on Tywin Lannister, who is now confirmed scum; so again, why did you "force" your townreads?
: not sure what in your early contribution makes you obv town, gif.
: playing w/o scumhunting sounds unreal to me; i mean, obviously if you’re a town player, you have to be looking for scum. so, saying you don’t scumhunt isn’t plausible to me.
/: don’t like the way gif goes against his own reasoning here; wants to lynch screenplay because of obtaining lots of info, but also loath to join nico wagon, which at that point would have likely yielded no info at all. plus, y’know, they’re both townflips now.
: another contradiction from gif; says he wants info from screen lynch in , but in clearly states he’s lynching to kill scum, and NOT lynching screen for info.
: builds a case where he feels quite high on kokichi being scum, who is now conftown. reasons kokichi “looks like scum getting caught off guard.” that’s clear as day scumhunting in my book.
In post 479, Kokichi Oma wrote:Gif is scum who put 2 people at the bottom of his list who are known to be lynchbait at times day 1. turbo lynch this.
then there’s this post from kokichi, makes me want to keep an eye on gif for what went down n1.

katsuki
: prod dodging with a “prod dodge” post and then claiming to be scum jocularly in , leaving us with nothing else to go off of is very abysmal town play if you are town.

kidamn
: oodles of fluff content to this post w/o any hard stances, and thus it drags on a bit unreasonably, so noted as a possible diversion post, meant to distract the analytical processes of town. scum live off avoiding hard stances wherever they can.
: if kidamn is scum, this is a clear attempt to gain towncred. reasons for voting out screenplay could also be used for reinforcing later arguments for scum to push against those who voted screenplay out. also, kidamn uses the fact that screenplay wanted 2 as opposed to 1 on the option palette as reason people would want to cast a vote against screenplay, and he see’s why. but again, kidamn never officially chose a particular option, and if anything option 2 he said would be the most conservative choice for town, implying that it may have been his choice if he’d committed.
: this is uber defensive, and about the most defensive you’ll ever see someone get who never even took a hard stance on a matter in the first place.
: again, kidamn avoids a hard stance! elects to not townread screenplay, but rather just question the votes that are on screenplay, but does not call out anyone in specific on their vote.
: kidamn back at it with being uber-defensive again. again, have to note all this happened after he never took a hard stance in any direction. does he really need to be THIS defensive here to this push against him when he implied earlier that option 1 was his least favorite for D1?
: FINALLY, a kidamn post that looks like a TOWN perspective to my eyes. i can get behind this one; i love how he defends screenplay here as a “path of least resistance” wagon/wagon of convenience, because looking back it definitely has that kind of feel. also, he commits to an option, finally taking a stance, albeit a soft one, on the options for D1.

misaka network
: for
Misaka Network is one that makes me lean town
for them; it'd be a bit complicated for scum to claim a double action role and call for a cop that early w/o risking facing the music.

nosferatu
: solid point concerning that the setup option on D1 could have been something like “x exists in the game”, which might be a little helpful to town, but i feel is more a detriment to town. conversely, i feel that more setup info could be an absolute benefit to scum in such a large game, so i got to keep my eyes on whoever voted
option 2
. remind me to investigate this later.
: nosferatu’s vote, hopping on to the screenplay wagon here, bothers me a bit. it don’t have much context to go with it, and it’s very bandwagon-y.
page 9
: nosferatu seems to agree with kidamn’s post concerning the bandwagon of screenplay, but also keeps her vote on screenplay w/o reasoning, so noted.

purrcocet
/: entrance into the thread is quite loud, and he voices 3 scum reads, but there is no logic given in his assertions; just “feelings”.
: purrcocet comes out w/ talking about a fourth potential scumread; this one = kidamn. having made zero townreads, and using all caps in his posts, this would be quite a splash for scum to make right off the bat; it sure does draw a lot of attention to him. further, this isn’t a bad point. opposing a double lynch is a very beneficial thing for scum, esp. if they do not feel their faction members will survive it. also, i don’t believe scum would have any motive to call into question a poster that is against a double lynch.

taly
¡no hay nada! well, other than her disappearance.

wisdom
: clear contrast to kidamn’s , wisdom is straightforward in considering all three, and DOES take a hard stance.
: hmm, wisdom was correct about this, so noting that.
i’m not quite sure why gif and kidamn were your biggest town reads at this stage at the game, as they both looked scummy to me at the time you made this posts. so, seems misguided.
can you please explain what stood out about these 2 being town reads in the early stages of this game for you?

up to page 20.

i want to make an active contribution, so i'll
vote: guyinfreezer
as i work on the next 20. i’ll get the next 20 in faster, changed my form of analysis midway. i’ll bring official TR/SR into play after i sort thru the next batch.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (isolation #3) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by YT2980 »

apologies if i used the wrong pronouns for anyone, i didn't check.

also, ignore the page 9 comment under nosferatu; i originally was going to analyze on a page by page basis but decided to change from that to individual players
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (isolation #4) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by YT2980 »

how do i link to posts correctly?
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (isolation #5) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by YT2980 »

cool, let me test it
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (isolation #6) » Mon May 28, 2018 8:01 am

Post by YT2980 »

lol, i'm literally the only one providing pushback on my wagon, other than maybe taly or nosferatu. seems i'm a convenient lynch choice for scum to settle on rn, b/c they don't really have to fear retaliation this day phase.

also it seems everybody is deciding just to take wisdom at their word, w/o throwing in any other explanations. please, for the sake of giving town more info in the future, do throw in some extra explanation so town has more information for why you're voting a particular way. for example, saying 'i agree with wisdom' beats bringing nothing to the table and putting your vote on me. this applies for guyinfreezer, creature, katsuki, and 2 of my early townreads: misaka network and purrcocet. so 5/6 people on my lynch wagon

problem is this is D3, not D1, and there should be more substance to votes than this. none of the vote reasons appear to have firm factual basis on what i or my 2 predecessors have posted. everyone is basing it off a lack of posting by nsg afaic, an issue i'm willing to make up for, so what's the hangup rn? shouldn't you at least give me a chance to post a decent amount of times in this thread?

@creature: i'm leaning town for you based off how your pushing discussion this round, but please help me understand why you think i'm scum.

guyinfreezer, your immediate vote without any explanation after wisdom's logic is very suspicious to me... you literally have not provided anything since then either, it's almost like you're hiding. i elect to keep my vote on you.

since i'm at l-1, idk if i have the time needed to continue my analysis, so i'll put that on hold so long as i'm L-1. i'll elect to be present with the current pages when i get the chance as opposed to analyzing the past rn. i'm not against getting lynched if it helps town out; at least we still have a leg up in this game with 2 scum already lynched.

does anybody have any questions i can answer?
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (isolation #7) » Mon May 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by YT2980 »

fuck, didn’t want to resort to roleclaiming, but i will claim all of my rolecards

had to investigate but

d1/n1, jailkeeper card was used. randomidget used it on wisdom.

d2/n2: nsg interestingly used my conditional role blocker card
which states if i am lynched, i will roleblock the mafia kill no matter what.

d3/n3 - i decided to use up my vanilla townie card. need more information before using up my final card

d4/n4 - i have my flavor protector card left. allows me to target one player and their flavor can't be changed no matter what. not sure what this implies in terms of other roles present in this game.
In post 1538, Wisdom wrote:sure
who is your remaining scumbuddy?
if it were anyone, based on my night actions, it would be you :eek:
In post 1545, Taly wrote:
In post 1537, YT2980 wrote:since i'm at l-1, idk if i have the time needed to continue my analysis, so i'll put that on hold so long as i'm L-1. i'll elect to be present with the current pages when i get the chance as opposed to analyzing the past rn. i'm not against getting lynched if it helps town out; at least we still have a leg up in this game with 2 scum already lynched.
'
I don't understand the logic here. Nobody is wanting a lynch right now.
((No sensible person))

Instead of withdrawing your thoughts when people SHOULD hear them the most, are you open to claiming AND are you actually going to continue your analysis? Because you're doing the OPPOSITE of helping the town by saying
"it's fine if my lynch helps town, but i'm not gonna say more because the push on me is scum-sided"

Also, I've replied to your reads, do you have a response?
apologies; i've been feeling a bit worn out, and mondays are a long day for me so i wanted to make sure to keep up with what's presently happening in this thread. in working towards an analysis, i had took notes in a notepad up to page 38 before nico was nk'd, but decided to flip back through all the pages again after nico was nk'd to control for the nk. i felt it might facilitate my ability to help this go around, because i literally had nothing on nico up to page 38.

now, there's something in particular i'd like to look into, and that is the reads of the dead town players, and i will post them here in this thread as soon as i get the chance. one of my biggest mistakes in my last large pool mafia game was not giving enough attention to the reads of dead town players, so i'll at least give them consideration if they found particular players scummy.

lemme check your reads real quick; didn't catch them as something to comment on the first time around.
In post 1532, Taly wrote:
4)
YT's
posts aren't well-reasoned or show a strong focus to look into others' thoughts, but I'm not ready to lynch that.
referring to this? well-reasonedness is a matter of opinion, so i won't address that.
as for your second point, hmm now that i take it into consideration, i see where you're coming from. interestingly, that's the first time i've ever been called out for that, so i'll take that to heart and apply more of a look into others' thought processes my next evaluations.

watch this, wisdom will post in literally .5 seconds with a knock against me

follows me in here every time without fail; wish i could be a bookie and earn some special power in this game due to how reliable he is in that regard.

goodnight all! :)
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1912 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by YT2980 »

In post 1911, MariaR wrote:For the record the set up info was that there is a god father and that claiming your anime/flavor was a bad idea.
Katsuki nice gambit btw
i'm curious to know how katsuki got the kill result back. can you reveal that?
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by YT2980 »

btw, congrats town on the win!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”