the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by the worst »

but you raise a fucking convincing point regarding his reactions to being townread. I'm still really not satisfied he's rolling outside of his scumrange but I'm reconsidering my insistence about sorting him later.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Chara's probably town.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by the worst »

concur
--
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 284, PenguinPower wrote:I find it odd to without more information.
It is specifically because it was done without more information it's not odd. Bulletproof is normally a power you seek to conceal, but the specific nature of my role makes it harmless, even beneficial, to half-claim it.
In post 282, Taly wrote:
3)
When he's present, he engages with multiple people at once, drawing focus onto himself.
Actually this is me explicitly dicking around. When you see me truly
engage
people, you won't need to have me tell you; you'll instantly see it.
In post 182, DeasVail wrote:I think it's time for me to be a little less passive in how I approach things here.
I'll be doing similar within 72 hours. I'm still hoping for something I've yet to see manifest, which will impact my reads.
In post 277, Taly wrote:Your reads have no explanation, so I can't follow them that well.
This is another reason I've been stalling on posting my reads because I generate reads before I generate explanations. :shifty: (It's one of the main habits I'm using this account to break.)

Free preview:
In post 285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:PP's last post makes me feel that PP v Taly is not TvT. Dunno which one is the Scum yet, though. I'll catch that on re-read.
It is far from a surefire thing given I have limited experience with both players, but from what I know this is fairly standard Taly play and not what I'd expect from PenguinPower if he were town. This would not be something I'd state with any level of true confidence, but it has enough where I'll back your sentiment.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I have things to talk about but it will have to be tomorrow
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 235, Taly wrote:
In post 211, TehBrawlGuy wrote:My take on it, as is my take on most early claims, is that I don't really care. I could give you 5 reasons town!pun makes that claim and 5 reasons scum!pun makes it, but it's all baseless speculation.
From my experience, people like to read roles and claims a lot more than players (see also: some of the chatter on espe/dunn), and it's a mistake early in the game. Shelve the claims, develop reads on actual play.
Meh... Do you have a read on their play, then?

I just don't get tonereads, as in, I'm not someone who uses tone to gamesolve, usually.

I'm very case-style, and that doesn't merge too well with current site-meta. :P

I'm having second thoughts on
Fire
. I didn't like that they minimized me trying to interact with them. I can't tell if he was playstyle clashing with me or overtly trying to dismiss me. He could've easily responded to my points, and instead he found reasons to state that I wasn't oriented to gamesolving. -

I also don't know what to think about
Espe
and
Dunn's
claims at the moment. I don't have a strong read on either of them, and coincidentally, I'm leaning to the suspicion side for
Vax
and
Fire
Vax
because he's just drifting in the game and fluffposting; like an active lurker.
Fire
because I'm afraid I'm townreading scum, and he would be the first person I'd rethink.

If I had to number based off reads, I'd put them all near mid-range, but I don't think that's optimal.

How do you feel about these 4?
In post 211, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 199, Taly wrote: Ehhh... I have reservations of literally pointing out someone and all of us collectively give them 0s. If they're town, that's basically a free sacrifice for scum.
That's just a mislynch though? I don't get why you're opposed to this. Yes, if we hit the wrong target, someone Town dies, because that's how lynches work - and we're not usually shy about lynching. I've been thinking about it more, and I'm strongly in favor of having two pseudo-lynches today. If we don't do that, I'd bet dollars to donuts Scum rank people weirdly to fuck with the numbers behind the scenes. The reasons for doing it to save another scummate are clear, but they also benefit from keeping someone Town alive who should've died to the ranking, because they'll enter D2 as mislynch bait.
I'd rather not mislynch at all. If I were going to put someone at a 0 as a scumread, I'd be weary on whether everyone's doing it or not.

Is there anyone that has warranted a 0 from you, yet?
Fire: pings me, but I can't tell if that's because badtown or scum. I'm leaning badtown.
Espe: Has been pretty content to talk a lot about his role and the mechanics, but hasn't chimed in on much else. I consider focusing on that kind of role-centric discussion and avoiding giving any stances a pretty universal scumtell.
Dunn: Not a lot to go on, but seems genuine in the content he has. town lean
Vax: Town, as stated in my last post.

I get that you'd rather not mislynch, but surely you see that putting the two upcoming deaths in Town's hands completely is better than leaving it influenced by Scum? We should all just agree to 0 the top two vote getters for today. I'm willing to go on record agreeing to it now. I'll 0 the two top vote getters today.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:02 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Re-read PP and I don't see anything that jumps out to me as particularly scummy, and I'm not going to re-read all of Taly's posts. I still think it's not TvT though.

I suppose if I'm going to endorse pseudolynches I should vote. VOTE: espe.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

Change of plan. The time is actually now! (Plans to do something else ended up falling through)

First, regarding TehBrawlGuy:

I still think he's scum. His posting since I last posted has not done anything to quell my suspicion.

This is the problem.

His posts are a particular style of sounding busy without actually offering much insight nor demonstrating much evidence of engagement with the goal of finding scum. (or finding town, or whatever a town-oriented goal in this game would be!)

His first two posts, and are joke posts, which is totally fine. I don't have any issue with these.

is the first questionable post, but still, not totally convincing of scum or anything. I'm not sure if town would necessarily have any reason to expect such a post to yield any actual results. So, it
could
be a scum attempt at looking like they care when they actually don't. BUT, I could also see town possibly posting it anyway. So that by itself is not much.

is an example of sounding "helpful" without actually offering much of substance. I think it, as a post without much further thought on the game, is more likely to come from scum.
follows this theme, and I will get back to the "TehBrawl and the pseudolynch" saga later.

My biggest reason for suspecting him in the early stage of the game, however, was . And I agree with the point that ActionDan made in .
In post 142, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 80, Taly wrote:
2)
TehBrawlGuy
, where's your head at? D: You posted but I don't know what to conclude from it.
disagree that pun's claim should be viewed as towny - BP is a very easy falseclaim to make, especially conditional where nobody can shoot safely to check it. I still read him as Town on tone, but I think giving him townpoints for the claim is bad logic.

espeonage town tone

fire scums

maria town for 126/127

@dunn and espeonage: do you just need him to be higher/lower than an average, or a certain mark? because we as a town could give him all 0s or all 10s to guarantee one of you gets the power
Taly asks TehBrawl where his head is at. He gives a vague noncomittal opinion on punreader which was the hot topic of the moment (not scummy in and of itself but certainly well within what I would expect from scum)
And then a few reads.

Then he asks the above question of dunnstral and espe. And this question is really sus! It gives off the vibe of trying to be helpful and work things out, but is it really realistic for town to structure their voting around some conflicting power role thing. It's pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But it's totally something scum would ask to look like they are TOWN and trying to HELP THE TOWN SUCCEED WOO!

The entire post gives me the impression of scum trying to look like they care, but I believe the content reveals a lack of actually caring about scumhunting/townhunting/the town succeeding.

---

Brawl explains his reasons for promoting pseudolynches in , but it doesn't make all that much sense.

"I'd bet dollars to donuts Scum rank people weirdly to fuck with the numbers behind the scenes"

How can scum fuck with the numbers if they don't know what the numbers are? He mentions scum either trying to save a team-mate or save mislynch bait. But using both as reasons doesn't make sense either. If scum "fuck with the numbers" in order to save mislynch bait, then that puts themselves at greater risk.

I'm not totally against the pseudolynch idea, because sure, it'd work okay I guess. I just think it's boring and loses the potential of catching scum out by playing a game format that they are unfamiliar with. But TehBrawl's posts have a conspiracy theory vibe to them that I think comes from scum.

Not only this, but in , he implies that those who disagree with the pseudolynch idea are scum because pseudolynching is pro-town because he said so and isn't listening to what other people might have to say about it.

I also have an issue with him saying that PP's post means PP v Taly is not TvT. It only gives indication of PP's alignment, except in the case that PP is scum, in which case it may give insight into Taly's alignment. But that is not what TehBrawl is saying, he's saying that PP's post means one of PP/Taly is scum, which doesn't make sense! It's just empty "sounds helpful" posting that is what TehBrawl has been doing all game.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

okay free time ends now. Other posts later.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:36 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

I'm pretty confused how you think " I still read him as Town on tone, but I think giving him townpoints for the claim is bad logic." is vague and non-committal. It literally contains the phrase "I still read him as Town".

Scum can fuck with the numbers by giving one generally-seen-as-scummy person high numbers, for one. Say that by the end of the day, I'm generally suspected. If I'm Scum, then obviously my mates will rank me highly to prevent me from dying. If I'm Town, then they can still do that so people ask "How did Brawl live?" at the start of D2. People keep talking about "catching scum" via the rankings, but the voting is all private, so there's not any way to actually do that. Unless they're careless and make a shitty fake ranking instead of a buyable one, there's not really any way for us to catch them doing anything.
In post 307, DeasVail wrote: Not only this, but in , he implies that those who disagree with the pseudolynch idea are scum because pseudolynching is pro-town
because he said so and isn't listening to what other people might have to say about it.
This is a pretty big misrep, especially the part in bold. If I strongly believe that pseudolynching is in the Town's favor, then naturally, I think Scum would want to push against it, because it's to their advantage if we don't pseudolynch.

I've given you the mechanical reasons why pseudolynching is good. It's not like I just came off my mountain to preach it for no reason. Implying that I'm not listening to what anyone else says about it is disingenuous, especially when the primary arguments in rebuttal have been fairly weak, such as "we'll (somehow) catch scum in rankings!" and "i don't want to mislynch townies".
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Taly »

*wakes up*
oh god

Townlean on
TBG
deleted.

Wallpost incoming whenever I feel like it, because I just woke up.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

someone who isn't me, give me your thoughts on 307

I feel like it's pretty blatantly misreppy with the things I addressed in my last post, and that pings me pretty hard, but there's an amount of internal frustration/omgus there that makes biased. I'm trying to sort if this is town!dv getting overeager and viewing all my posts under his own tinted lens, or if it's scum!dv just trying to bury me

I'm leaning towards the first, but I'd like an outside opinion
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Taly »

When Chara, Pun and DeasVail post this past page-

When TBG and PP post this past page-

"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Taly »

ALSO STOP USING BUZZWORDS LIKE OMGUS AND LAMIST.

DO YOU WANT TOWN TO LOSE? STOP SCUMCLAIMING OR BEING OVERTLY BAD TOWN.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Or you could stop being condescending in giant text? Seriously, it's obnoxious, and I'm already sick of you doing it.

I don't get what the issue is with using terminology if it helps convey meaning. It's not like this is a newbie game. You all know what it means
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 am

Post by the worst »

yeah okay fine Taly is probably town whatever
--
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:53 am

Post by Taly »

It's been awhile since I had a good 1v1 :)

Or actually, 2v1 - because 2 people are very strong scumreads right now.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:58 am

Post by Taly »

LET'S START WITH PP.

In post 284, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 282, Taly wrote:Then why are you even bringing up votes? If you think there's no point, you're not adding to the discussion by saying "I want this, but we can't have this"

And if you think votes are worthless, I'm voting you, and is it not catching your attention?
I said I wanted a system to vote, not the standard voting system. I don't really care that you have voted me since it means naught.

VOTE: Taly
1)
Delayed ass vote. Disingenuous.
2)
You literally discredited and dismissed my vote on you. Good job.
3)
You show no effort to try and actually figure out my alignment.

VOTE: PenguinPower

Either you're scum, or scum must LOVE keeping you alive.
In post 282, Taly wrote:Because I'm looking to see if you're trying to genuinely figure out my alignment, or trying to make a townread on me seem unusual or unwarranted.
Then wait for the original person asked to answer before jumping in.
Did you read a thing
Chara
stated? He wasn't going to answer until I stepped in.

He wasn't the reason I posted, of course, but instead of pushing me out of a conversation and then shading me for asking my OWN questions; how about you actually listen to the person you're talking to. :igmeou:
In post 282, Taly wrote:1) I still think their claim would potentially come more from town.
Not sure I agree, and, as I said originally, I find it odd to without more information.
Um... What's odd about waiting to give reasoning for a read? You know that's been half of the reads given so far in this game, right?

Why are you cherry picking the few reads of clarity on ME?
In post 282, Taly wrote:2) Curious about everyone else questioning the claim.
Why is that town and not scum? Both alignments can do that.
No, I'm saying I'm curious about everyone questioning his claim.

That makes me think he's more town, because it's easy for scum to cast suspicion and distrust revolving around an otherwise potentially pro-town claim.

I think, generally, scum would have a smarter claim.
In post 282, Taly wrote:3) When he's present, he engages with multiple people at once, drawing focus onto himself.
All 5 posts...totally drawing focus.
I mean, when he's present.

That's much more than what I can say for most of your ISO.
In post 282, Taly wrote:4) Questions reads on him and gives valid counterstances that help improve the perception of another player.
This happened where?
Have you read any interactions I had with him?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:59 am

Post by Taly »

In post 314, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Or you could stop being condescending in giant text? Seriously, it's obnoxious, and I'm already sick of you doing it.

I don't get what the issue is with using terminology if it helps convey meaning. It's not like this is a newbie game. You all know what it means
Is this your way of trying to downplay my intentions, again?
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 315, the worst wrote:yeah okay fine Taly is probably town whatever
is this a towntell for taly or something?

give me your thoughts on 307 and 308
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 318, Taly wrote:
In post 314, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Or you could stop being condescending in giant text? Seriously, it's obnoxious, and I'm already sick of you doing it.

I sincerely don't understand what you're trying to get at with this. Clarify?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 319, TehBrawlGuy wrote:

1) going by the last few pages he's more likely to be town than he usually is yeah
2) what about 307/308?
--
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 321, the worst wrote:
In post 319, TehBrawlGuy wrote:

1) going by the last few pages he's more likely to be town than he usually is yeah
2) what about 307/308?
sorry, 307 & 309

specifically w/r/t how much I feel like DV misreps me in 307 for his points that I talk about in 309. I don't really have a problem with his other points - the first half of his post is fine.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:18 am

Post by the worst »

they are BIG POSTS with lots of thoughts in them and I think you guys need to talk it out between yourselves a bit more before I'm comfortable giving some kinda read that's actually got any weight
--
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Taly »

Spoiler: Me Line-By-Lining TBGs 285, get the popcorn out people.
This is a scum post. Let's dissect it!

In post 285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I'll probably make a longer post later but here are my brief thoughts:
I mean, you haven't expanded much on the thoughts you're about to go into...
In post 285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:lmao @ vax wanting to kill me for the wang claim - I'm not even mad, it's too funny. Vax is probably Town because I think that's a crazy push for Scum to make.
1)
You say
Vax
is town, but instead of telling him why his push on you is wrong, you laugh at his reasons. Disingenuous and clearly not oriented into gamesolving.
2)
Your reason for his push being bad is that it's crazy for scum to push it? What? It just sounds like you're injecting your own bias to strengthen your means of discrediting him.

Do you know for a fact scum would be crazy to push you? Because you're pretty blatantly anti-town with the reason posts.
In post 285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I definitely see resisting the pseudolynch as a ProScum play - PP and Taly both get shade for this.
Have you READ my posts?

At what point have I EVER gone with the idea that a psuedolynch option is bad? What the hell? I've been voting and ranking and giving suggestions of how town should work together, and this comment heavily implies you're not even listening to it.
In post 285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Chara's townread on me doesn't seem genuine - they've given themselves an "out" to it every time they've posted and I find it weird that I've consistently sat at lukewarm town without moving.
Why do you keep weakening all the townreads on you? Like, you're casting uncertainty and suspicion while townreading someone? Maybe you know they're town for a fact, but you want a free mislynch when it's optimal for you?

This isn't town.

Also, it's convenient for you that you talk about
Chara
when he posts about ME.
In post 285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:previewedit: PP's last post makes me feel that PP v Taly is not TvT. Dunno which one is the Scum yet, though. I'll catch that on re-read.
...Where do I begin with this?

1)
Thanks for the mid-D1 dichotomy. Must be great to cast as much WIFOM as possible for you, right? Helps that scum-wincon.
4)

2)
You never said why TvT isn't possible between us.
3)
You casted shade on BOTH of us WITHIN this post, yet you're going to imply that one of us is scum, and the other is town? Wtf?
4)
The whole fencesitting on us is fake; you're looking at an opportunity to push a side of our 1v1 that BENEFITS YOU. You've displayed no real read on
PP
or myself, and this comment is very, very destructive to town congealing.

TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 318, Taly wrote:

I sincerely don't understand what you're trying to get at with this. Clarify?
If you think using poorly-defined buzzwords like
OMGUS and LAMIST
accurately display your thought process and paints a good picture for town that DOESN'T cause uncertainty,
then you need to rethink your approach here, critically.

Being condescending is the last thing I'm intending right now - your 'criticisms' are not easy to understand or engage with, and the more you keep posting in this muddy-gray area alongside this, the more I scumread you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”