The 2018 Scummies Community Poll

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

"Have you ever been nominated for an award?" is a mandatory question, but there's no "I don't know" or the like as one of the possible answers, meaning I can't answer this poll truthfully.

Ever since Scummies nominations were moved out from mafiascum.net to an external site, I haven't looked at them. Seeing them on egosearch was the only thing that reminded me of them. (Even as it is, not being able to get a text version of the makes them hard to check.) In general, I'd expect over 90% of Scummies nominees to have no idea that the nomination had been made.

There are several other questions on the poll which require people to be highly engaged with the Scummies to be able to give a useful/truthful answer. As a result, I suspect that this poll, as currently designed, is not going to be particularly helpful at getting information from a broad cross-section of the site population; people will either have to be
very
enfranchised with the Scummies at the moment (which would bias the results in its own way), or else to make some of the answers up. So I'd suggest that you redesign the poll (or at least make the vast majority of questions optional), while it's been up for short enough a time that you don't lose much data, to avoid getting low-quality / unusable results.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:00 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I think "don't know" options are all it really needs. I wasn't really talking about a major redesign, just fixing the shortcomings that are likely to produce bad data.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “News”