Alternatively,

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by MariaR »

no but people wanted you to speak so
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 598, Taly wrote:they don't have to give thoughts on the person they want to have a high score, tho
and by this, I meant based on claims/roles
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 577, MariaR wrote:Also why did you ask about my names out of all of these
Dunn's one of the players who hasn't said enough for me to read yet, so when he finally took a position about someone (you), I asked him about it. He didn't answer and the other reads he mentioned were really boring so I'm pressing more with hopes of reading Dunn (plus maybe refining my read on you).
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Pine »

Taly: PP's claim is functionally a counterclaim to Punreader. That's why they're both getting 0s from me. Neither of them are strong utility to Town, and they're especially not useful post-claim.

I'm happy to eliminate them now.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm strongly against ending the day early.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 578, Srceenplay wrote:Didn’t I just give this?
I thought your reads changed based on new information, but I guess not... What's your read on Pun/Pine? Why is PP town?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 605, Shoshin wrote:
In post 578, Srceenplay wrote:Didn’t I just give this?
I thought your reads changed based on new information, but I guess not... What's your read on Pun/Pine? Why is PP town?
What new information am I missing ?

Pine is just shit posting.

Pun i need to go back and re gather my thoughts. They have went down on my list iirc

PP is not a town read.

I need to get on a computer in a bit. Grab a beer and try to get some more detailed thoughts down.
Plus reply to Taly. .
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 606, Srceenplay wrote:I need to get on a computer in a bit. Grab a beer and try to get some more detailed thoughts down.
Beer rots the brain, but otherwise that's a good idea. From what I gather, there's quite a few folks ranking you low so if you're town you really need to post enough thoughts for us to read you better.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 594, Taly wrote:
Nahdia,
welcome!

I read through your ISO and nodded a lot; but why is
PP's
claim towny?[/size]
I think, as scum, the wouldn't have pussyfooted around claiming for so long. They woulda just done it or not. If they wanted to deliberate on whether they should or not, they'd ask their scumteam (just checked; scum are confirmed to have daytalk).
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Taly, if you have an updated reads list, I'd like to see it. Also, I'm confused by the whole "reads don't equal rankings" warning plus your bit about lying - I'm guessing you're worried about scum manipulation of rankings but that's not helpful - our #1 goal needs to be finding the scum, not preventing scum manipulation, and that means posting honestly and as much information as necessary to help us identify you (or whoever) as town (or scum). I mean, at this point it's fairly clear you're not dying tonight, but still, don't set a bad example for others who we really need to post more and to post honestly.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 608, Nahdia wrote:I think, as scum, the wouldn't have pussyfooted around claiming for so long. They woulda just done it or not. If they wanted to deliberate on whether they should or not, they'd ask their scumteam (just checked; scum are confirmed to have daytalk).
Helpful observation.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Nahdia, other than Dunn, who would you peg as scum?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 604, Shoshin wrote:I'm strongly against ending the day early.
I strongly advise for it before apathy sets in and people second guess there reads
I rather have an early day that everyone feels confident on then a long day that is pathy
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 607, Shoshin wrote:
In post 606, Srceenplay wrote:I need to get on a computer in a bit. Grab a beer and try to get some more detailed thoughts down.
Beer rots the brain, but otherwise that's a good idea. From what I gather, there's quite a few folks ranking you low so if you're town you really need to post enough thoughts for us to read you better.
One of my favorite quotes.

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 603, Pine wrote:Taly: PP's claim is functionally a counterclaim to Punreader. That's why they're both getting 0s from me. Neither of them are strong utility to Town, and they're especially not useful post-claim.

Kinda what I implied earlier, and my role is mostly anti-town at this point. I'm good with this.
<(") | (")>
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 612, MariaR wrote:
I strongly advise for it before apathy sets in and people second guess there reads
I rather have an early day that everyone feels confident on then a long day that is pathy
QFT
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

This concerns me a bit though:
In post 9, Punreader wrote:At least one of the numbers I have (i.e. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0) has a modified value in its weight. It could count for nothing, it could count for half, it could count for double, it could count for triple, I'm not sure if I should claim what value it holds but what I am getting at here is that my ability to influence popularity is not the standard and has at least one property which is modified in at least one way.
<(") | (")>
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by MariaR »

What does QFT mean :(
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Quoted for truth
<(") | (")>
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 609, Shoshin wrote:Taly, if you have an updated reads list, I'd like to see it. Also, I'm confused by the whole "reads don't equal rankings" warning plus your bit about lying - I'm guessing you're worried about scum manipulation of rankings but that's not helpful - our #1 goal needs to be finding the scum, not preventing scum manipulation, and that means posting honestly and as much information as necessary to help us identify you (or whoever) as town (or scum). I mean, at this point it's fairly clear you're not dying tonight, but still, don't set a bad example for others who we really need to post more and to post honestly.
You're correct about my concern, and I see the point you're making about town needing to be honest here.

I'm probably not going to die via ranking

But I have no clue on whether I'd be an NK target or not

I haven't officially written a readslist yet, though I have a better idea of my reads than I did throughout most of the day so far, but I'll think a bit more about my reads and give you what I'm most confident about tomorrow if people don't quick end-day.
MariaR wrote:
I've already started second-guessing to some degree, tbh. :/
PenguinPower wrote:
In post 603, Pine wrote:Taly: PP's claim is functionally a counterclaim to Punreader. That's why they're both getting 0s from me. Neither of them are strong utility to Town, and they're especially not useful post-claim.

Kinda what I implied earlier, and my role is mostly anti-town at this point. I'm good with this.
...Yeah... I can see why you'd say this as scum AND even town, but it's so foreign to how I play... Ugh. :/ If you're town, I really wouldn't want you to be OK with being eliminated, it just sounds like a waste for town.

But if you're scum, you're submitting to being killed? trbwefwwrtbgseafrsrbefawfghfgbdfvdsfeavfe

Taly.exe
has stopped working.

Can you reply to my previous post to you?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I disagree about apathy being a problem - if you're widely read as town and have confidence in your reads, then maybe you'll get apathetic, but so what? There's some players who aren't widely read as town (so they're going to have incentive to post more thoughts) and some players who don't have confidence about their reads (so they're going to continue actively scumhunting), and that means there's still a lot of meaningful discussion to be had. And if a few players who don't care want to zone out for a couple pages while the rest of us try to figure things out from our perspectives, I don't see why you'd be against that? At bottom, it's pro-scum to cut off discussion when there's still a lot left to analyze/discuss as it's the scum who benefit from ending things early - it certainly takes the pressure off them to keep contriving posts.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

You have a lot of posts...point it out pls.

p-edit

@Taly
<(") | (")>
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I also disagree that "second guessing" is a problem - it's actually precisely what townies need to be doing, constantly reevaluating so that they make the best decisions possible.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 594, Taly wrote:
Spoiler: PenguinPower
Why are you only seemingly interested in my posts and your claim so far? Your ISO is almost entirely about these two things so far, and I don't know why you keep your vote on me when you're not expanding on your thoughts over me, or discussing your reads.
This part is struck out given your recent posts.

In post 380, PenguinPower wrote:I've decided that I am enough of a negatively utility at this point that I'm going to claim.

I'm Shadoweh. Conditional Ascetic Townie with the passive that no actions from someone ranked lower than me can affect me, including night kills. This is why I suspected Punreader's BP claim.

Since I'm likely to be ranked low...claiming seemed to be beneficial.
Can you clarify how
Pun's
BP claim makes you suspect him given your role?

Are you wary he'd have NKed you if you were higher than you in ranking? Because I'm not sure why he would? And why is you claiming this role out of the gate beneficial for town right now?

He hinted at a second condition, but not an action. So do you think his claim could more likely be from scum? You stated that you wanted to reassess him but you never followed up with that.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 618, PenguinPower wrote:Quoted for truth
quit fucking trying