Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Tchill13 »

not sure why tommy is voting me. I'm gonna need him to break down his "lamist" remark.

you accuse Scum BBT of buddying then vote me? thats odd. Multiple scum reads are fine. Thats still odd.

I can't speak for how others would or wouldn't play a certain alignment. I'm saying there's more benefit to scum for NOT contesting their wagon if it's their first one on day 1.

Yeah i said a lot to give out a null read on invisibility. I'm just trying to have a transparent thought process d1.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 165, Invisibility wrote:it's like that stuff about calling BBT scum for being "an ass" i don't like
Why does that make somebody scum though?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 146, wavemode wrote:I have no particular reason to townread Tchill at the moment, nor teacher
at what point in your list DO you have reason? 1 above me? 3 above me? this just tells me your list lacks reasons.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 167, Lefty wrote:
In post 159, Gustavo wrote:
In post 148, Lefty wrote:
In post 132, Gustavo wrote:For now Byron v bbt is tvt.

I’ve got a good list of town reads so far. We should lynch teacher and go from there.
Mind sharing that list?
Nah.
Cool.

You’d tell me if you were scum right?
Absolutely
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Gustavo »

@lefty, if you read my posts you could probably guess my town list with high accuracy
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 177, Gustavo wrote:
In post 165, Invisibility wrote:it's like that stuff about calling BBT scum for being "an ass" i don't like
it's a bad reason to scumread someone
scum tries to make town look like scum
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 am

Post by wavemode »

but he would do that for reasons that seem valid, not things that he admits are "personal gripes"
retired...?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 160, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 155, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 111, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 110, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:VOTE: BV

is a commentary. Provides no information, communicates nothing, asks nothing, leads to nothing. So why make such a long post?
To make a statement. It seemed that BBT was confused as to why my vote was serious, and so I told him exactly why my vote was serious. Him withholding information from the town so he can ignore it. The sidenotes and nothing more/less than what they are, a sidenote. There's nothing wrong with a commentary, as it gets my views out there. That post wasn't made in order to ask questions or provide information (well I'm hoping for BBT to elaborate on his #84 but hey ho), it was more a platform for me to speak my mind on those posts of BBT's.
if you're seriously voting someone for not talking about a gut read/meta/something they saw this early thats kinda dumb. I could see doing that to someone the day before lylo. You realize the good townies get killed fisrt right? so if you're a good townie and you'd rather actually solve the game... You can't show your hand. You DO have to hold back a bit early in the game. That's just how it is. I can understand you not realizing that point in particular but now that i've mentioned it there's no point in pushing BBT for the same thing. Either you can disagree with my thought and we can discuss that or you can move along and make new reads, if you want of course. Not telling you how to play at all :D
I play to win, not to survive. In a worst case scenario when I die, I want to make sure there's enough info left for other townies to pick up the pieces. Also is it bad I don't consider myself good at the game? I feel compared to others I'm quite expendable and it's a better strat to let the experienced players take the mantle come the endgame.
im glad you felt the need to point out you're not trying to survive. The issue from a d1 lynch is there is minimal info given. the least amount of info from a lynch actually. So in d1 lynches you shouldn't be looking for info primarily (unless a situation occurs that gives you a ton of info). you should be looking for players who will consistently be in your lynch pool due to thought process, play style or lurking and you should push to lynch them.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 178, Tchill13 wrote:this just tells me your list lacks reasons.
it does, to a large extent, and i never claimed otherwise. the game is still rather early, and hunting for town is more productive atm than hunting for scum.
retired...?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 180, Gustavo wrote:@lefty, if you read my posts you could probably guess my town list with high accuracy
Maybe. I’d rather not try to guess than just like talk with you about reads, but I can understand the approach of letting things develop before showing all your cards.

It’ll just also make it hard for me to TR you
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 164, Gustavo wrote:
In post 160, ByronVilla wrote:I play to win, not to survive. In a worst case scenario when I die, I want to make sure there's enough info left for other townies to pick up the pieces.
But if you scum read people for things that aren’t AI, nobody is going to listen to you when you are dead. Besides, unless you are NKd, people typically don’t listen to the dead people and while i town read you, If you are actually town, id be surprised if scum actually killed you.
and we definitely want to lynch pp that aren't conftown but are conf scum never kill them if they're town lol.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Tchill13 »

lefty
BBT
wave

invis, gus

teacher
byron

thats all my reads so far.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: performer
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 153, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 94, Garmr wrote:
In post 92, Tchill13 wrote:if the team was gosrir, byron and teacher that'd be pretty funny... oh well. just so you know i think guessing teams is stupid day 1 but ppl do it allll the time.

im not lynching bbt today though. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until day 2 possibly 3. Yes it's solely because i understand his style early which is a very easy style to manipulate as scum early. I'm giving him a chance above everything else i've seen though.

Tr-BBT

Scum-Teacher

no reads in between.
In post 90, Tchill13 wrote:BBT seems to have the same mindset I do early. Pretty much any and every townie is expendable days 1 and 2. Wagon reasoning doesnt matter until theres an actual reason to wagon (a reason that can be validated).

These two clash against each other. Didn't you say "It doesn't matter if a townie gets lynched day 1 according to you as they are expendable?" Your words imply that BBT isn't expendable till a certain day or so. Why is BBT different from others.

Also why are you town reading BBT. Nothing in your speech implies you think BBT is town at most it should be a null read. What town actions taken by BBT justify a BBT town read in your eyes, especially if you are giving him the benefit of a doubt (which implies you think his actions are scummy but giving him a pass)?

Being a easy mislynch isn't a legit reason to town read someone.

I have a couple of reasons why I think there's a discrepancy between your mentality as described by you and your actual actions but I would rather hear it untainted from your mouth.
every townie is expendable until from my own perspective have a reason to not vote them. BBT's style of play and reads are similar to mine. I understand the motivation he has for playing the way he does i do the same all the time. That is a reason for me to TR him (I do not build "reads" the same as others d1) I hand out hard TR's day 1 to ppl ik and/or ppl im comfortable to be able to read by day 3. If BBT is town then great, if he's not im confident enough in myself to figure that out later. Clearing the game of townies that will always be in my lynch pool d1 is almost as useful as lynching actual scum seeing how scum will not be able to take advantage of certain town players anymore.
Yeah town is expendable I get it. But saying I won't lynch BBT day 1 so early on in the game then say maybe day 2 or 3 Just doesn't sit right. For example, he could do something extremely scummy and you could change your mind.

If his a hard town read like you say then phrases like "benefit of the doubt" are out of place. It's like you want wriggle room to lynch him on a further date; Town wouldn't need to announce that.
In post 156, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 118, wavemode wrote:
wavemode

BlueBloodedToffee

Garmr

Lefty

ByronVilla

Invisibility

Gustavo
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Nosferatu
Performer
Tchill13
Tommy Egan
teacher
this is interesting. Why am i so close to teacher and so far from BBT?
I also don't like the mentality of you sewing yourself to BBT. Like "if you town read BBT you have to town read me." I honestly don't think you are coming from a town place.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 188, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: performer
You shown you have reads why vote someone who hasn't posted since rvs and with out explanation?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 181, Invisibility wrote:
But bad =/= scum.

Sure scum try to make town look bad but sometimes town makes themselves look bad and town think it’s scummy.

In this scenario I could very easily see naive town push an asshole so to me it’s not really scummy.

That being said, one could use the same logic against you. You could be scum making Byron look bad
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 185, Lefty wrote:
In post 180, Gustavo wrote:@lefty, if you read my posts you could probably guess my town list with high accuracy
Maybe. I’d rather not try to guess than just like talk with you about reads, but I can understand the approach of letting things develop before showing all your cards.

You should be more concerned with who I’m scum reading. I don’t see how you knowing who I town read helps.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 192, Gustavo wrote:
In post 185, Lefty wrote:

You should be more concerned with who I’m scum reading. I don’t see how you knowing who I town read helps.
We can talk scum reads too if you want. I’m really just looking for any sort naunced read other than arguing the ~obvious logical standpoints you are currently. You just read calculated to me, hard to describe beyond saying gut vibes.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Tchill13 »

@garmr

I said i will not lynch BBT specifically in case he does something super scummy I WILL NOT lynch him. At all. I trust the guy 100 percent. day 2 or 3 isn't wiggle room or lynching at another date. I'ts to allow me to reassess my read after more info is gained through flips.

I gotta start somewhere in this game i choose bbt because of play style and thought process and i trust myself to catch my mistake if im wrong. All further questions on BBT can be redirected to this statement lol
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Tchill13 »

also @garmr

not sewing myself. We have similar reads. I just wanted a reason.

if you don't think im coming from a town place thats fine. My style is weird d1 and this is a major change up. I haven't put effort into a d1 in idk how long but i wanted to see how i'd do. I will try to be transparent for others though. all i ask is you TRY look at my motivations not my style.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 170, Invisibility wrote:
In post 161, Garmr wrote: P:edit
VOTE: Invisibility His just opportunistically jumping on what wagon may take off. I see no real thought process of his own.
are you saying this just because i was in a lot of wagons early game?
You jumped on wagons that were taking off and it was obvious that people were taking BBT side in the debate, so you shifted your vote there thinking it would take off. The only vote you seem to do some thought for yourself was Gosrir Elmer Odels. Even then it was vague (bad post) and wasn't expanded on. Also you don't seem interested in pushing reads or really even sticking to them.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 190, Garmr wrote:
In post 188, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: performer
You shown you have reads why vote someone who hasn't posted since rvs and with out explanation?
idk you tell me? what POSSIBLE reason could i have for stating my reads then naked voting someone not on that list? could it be to form a new read? maybe to poke a lurker and see how they react?

im not making fun. the level of simple questions is pretty high in this game. idk what you expect me to say that you couldn't possibly figure out on your own.

letting ppl slide through d1 isn't how to play d1.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 191, Gustavo wrote:
But bad =/= scum.

Sure scum try to make town look bad but sometimes town makes themselves look bad and town think it’s scummy.

In this scenario I could very easily see naive town push an asshole so to me it’s not really scummy.

That being said, one could use the same logic against you. You could be scum making Byron look bad
okay i get that
UNVOTE:
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 191, Gustavo wrote:
But bad =/= scum.

scum don't have to make byron look bad. It's also easier for scum to let town make other town look bad. Scum usually just want to look town. thats it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”