BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 am

Post by BuJaber »

Math and wavemode are neighbors yeah? That seems to be the subtext.

Anyway a scum claim is a great reason to vote someone for. VOTE: wavemode

Townlean on SS and invisibility.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 am

Post by BuJaber »

Oh and math..
I've never seen his scum game yet but this is his town attitude. And I may still be relatively new to the site but I think I've played with math more than any other player. He was town every time. And each game was a different format/setup.

And I don't think anyone is that good at imitating their towngame regardless of what their egos might say.

Plus.. saying that to people / about people seems to get them talking about their scum game which is always welcome. :P
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Actually my vote on wavemode was purely because he claimed scum in RVS.

I enjoy a lighthearted approach to the game and players having a sense of humor; I just draw the line at scum claims. No matter how popular a few players on MS make them seem.

Found it a little surprising that mutant TR'd cat based on one post when the rest of us were put under the umbrella of too quiet to judge yet.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:38 am

Post by BuJaber »

No rest for the wicked

Bold prediction: one of arc/ugly is scum.
VOTE: Arc
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:32 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 186, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 180, BuJaber wrote:Found it a little surprising that mutant TR'd cat based on one post when the rest of us were put under the umbrella of too quiet to judge yet.
I don't town read cat. I just said I like their 1 post.
Then forgive me for incorrectly filling in the blanks. But I don't see how you could have any opinion about that post one way or another and so I found it strange you could single her out.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 am

Post by BuJaber »

What pings you about Seal?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by BuJaber »

This is actually a quiet thread for a 13 player game.
And my PT's are even quieter.

Someone switch neighbors I'm lonely
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Point I'm trying to make is that this low activity is making uglyduck and Sajj find things that IMO are just not there.

Btw TW is the original duck and you're all fake :P but also I feel like I'm out of the loop.. what caused the sudden increase of duck avatars?

And back to the game Seal as far as I'm concerned Dino's doomsaying is extra motivation for me. Like I've never been in a 2v11 mountainous.. Mafia scum record is about to be broken ;)

Btw why do they call it mountainous? I asked before in a different game and nobody answered. I don't see the relationship between mountains and vanilla.

I'm trying to come up with a way we can use the neighborhoods to send messages like a broken telephone sort of game and have that expose scum or confirm town somehow. Anybody got any ideas?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 220, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 213, BuJaber wrote:Point I'm trying to make is that this low activity is making uglyduck and Sajj find things that IMO are just not there.
what have i said that you felt you need to dismiss it?
You've touched on this with mutant and it might be a perspective thing. But basically I think Seal's RVS posts that you talk about are neutral and quite normal for RVS. In your opinion you might be seeing something scummy like you told mutant but I don't and it felt to me that the quietness in thread is motivating you and others to look for things for the sake of looking.

Now if I didn't have a townread on you I'd be interpretting this differently but as you can see I'm quite open to the possibility that you did in fact find it scummy and have good reason to. So 3 options:

1. You are scum.
2. You are town and this is just how you tend to read people(you could be right or wrong)
3. You are bored town and trying to move the game by voting people for insignificant things

I thought it was 3 hence the comment. By the way is incredibly hypocritical coming from you. Guess it's a good thing hypocrisy tends to be a towntell, unlike inconsistency which tends to be scummy.

Wave: if I misssd it I'm sorry but reiterating it is helpful anyway. Any reason why you feel so strongly about an Uglyduck wagon?

I'd really like to see reactions of people who TR/townleaned cat after the gem that is :facepalm:

For the record I think nsg has one of those metas where it's almost always better to not lynch them early.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 am

Post by BuJaber »

Cool thank you. I asked to get a read on you before joining the wagon. I felt people were too quick to townread you based on the 1v1 with Dino. Didn't really need justification for the vote.

VOTE: uglyduck
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 am

Post by BuJaber »

A) I townread your posting. I don't think you've done anything particularly valuable to town (nor would I expect this so early but just saying this to say that there isn't some particular thing you've done that is definitely townie) I just don't think your posts come from scum. Not with that attitude and frequency of posting.

B) Small point: I don't equate the boredom with finding something scummy. Sure I don't know you but it'd be rather insulting if I thought that your most effective scumhunting is a product of a random ping on something you found while bored. I like to give people more credit than that. So the options in my mind were legitime scumhunting and genuinenly considering Seal's posts are scumtells OR bored and read too much into something that isn't there.

C) it's hypocritical of you, the person who has probably called out the most number of people to elaborate more, to answer mutant's question with just a 'no'. You don't think mutant, who asked that question, (and any other person for that matter), would be interested in your additional reasons for suspecting him? Why is it fine for you to answer with one word but everyone else has to explain their votes/reads and justify them? That's a rhetorical question. Everyone should elaborate. The hypocrisy comes from you recognizing the importance of elaboration but not elaborating yourself.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 am

Post by BuJaber »

Oh sorry D) NSG insists she puts a lot more effort into the game as town than she does as scum and there are past games that support this claim. I have experienced some games of both alignment. Although I admit our last game together her boost in motivation came a little too late. I don't want to speak about that horrid game though point is regardless of what alignment she is and whether or not we lynch her it's best to wait and see if she exposes her alignment through her posting. Inactivity can be a scumtell for her but inactivity is also difficult to read for any player so it's best to wait until we have some posts of hers to analyze.

Pedit - yes this post and my previous posts are directed at Sajj but you are encouraged to read and comment on them
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 am

Post by BuJaber »

Last 2 posts basically are @Sajj.. sorry for the spam and confusion
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 239, Scioness Sajj wrote:BuJaber are you a jelly
What is a jelly?
In post 240, Scioness Sajj wrote: inactivity doesn't really work for NSG ime, yeah.
how long would you give her to display her alignment?
2 day phases max. Less if they're long days.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Arc none of your points match up to my version of reality.

-post 183 is not a scum claim
-I don't think it's accurate that I 'hardly said anything'
-My question about neighborhoods had nothing to do with the previous discussion involving Dino & co. They spoke about whether or not it is helpful to say things in hoods but not in thread. I asked about a specific way of using the hoods. I understood them just fine I was opening a new discussion about a similar but different thing.
-I didn't need justification to vote. I wanted to hear wave's justification for
his
vote. I didn't vote for duck earlier because 1. I'm happy voting either of you or duck and 2. I was scumreading wave until his justification of the duck vote.

And btw I think there is
only
one scum between you and duck so if you're town he isn't and vice versa. This is not because of any connection between you (though now you told us he's your neighbor maybe we'll see something) but it's a statistical bet based on things I've noticed from scum opening posts. I believe that statistically if you have 25% or more of the players starting the game with some sort of apology for lateness or their inactivity then 1 of them is scum and just piggybacking on the others' excuses.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by BuJaber »

(Duck + cat + arc + nsg = 4 / 13 ) I already discussed nsg and I should have probably clarified that I consider cat one of you 3 that I'm willing to vote for if that wasn't clear. That's where the 25% comes from.

The original ping was me not liking your first post or duck's post in the same page complaining about the number of pages.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@Arc I'm ready to 'hardly say anything' some more tomorrow if you have any follow ups. Just try to write more and quote less.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 261, Mathdino wrote:Was hard townreading her until you weren't
I don't have a good record on her
You said earlier your early reads of her are always right. So which is it? Insight into how to read her would be valuable because I'm disliking some of her posts but townreading her tone. Then we've got NSG scumreading her and you townreading her so that's just a lot of uncertainty on someone who should be sortable by now given the number of posts.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:49 am

Post by BuJaber »

Arc townlean needs an explanation.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:58 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 304, Awoo wrote:To whom it may concern,
I think town is NSG seal mutant wingedcatgirl and math,

Sincerely,

Awoo
Who do you think is scum?

Why is nsg town? Why is cat town?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 325, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 322, Myloninja13 wrote:One of my neighbours was replaced :(
lmao Stefan lied to me, apparently :giggle:
Did you ask him or did he volunteer the information?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by BuJaber »

For the record you can ignore everything I said about Dino previously. If someone told me his account was hacked and it's an imposter playing I'd believe it right now.

I've dropped him down to null who is scum by default once my scum pool dries out. I will expose my scumpool once Sajj answers the question.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:42 am

Post by BuJaber »

Who is his other neighbor?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 am

Post by BuJaber »

Because if you're lying about you not asking him then you're scum. But basically with your information this makes Stefan my biggest suspect.

Why would town give you info on his neighbors without mentioning it in thread? He didn't give me (his other neighbor) the same information about you. Why is he trusting you in particular as a townie?

More than that in our last game together he was a town neighbor with scum and he was very open in public about what happens in the PT. He also barely talked beyond in my PT beyond greetings and asking me if I'm town and just a few friendly comments regarding our last game together (we are both hoping to play a game together where we're both town as that hasn't happened yet and we like each other)

So good reason to suspect Stefan.
VOTE: Awoo
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 am

Post by BuJaber »

My typing is bad on phone. Basically stefan a) barely talked in my PT. b) did not say anything to me about Sajj c) exposed me as his neighbor to Sajj only not in thread d) generally not using the neighborhood PT like I've seen him do it when he was a town neighbor
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:23 am

Post by BuJaber »

Oh so since sajj probably isn't partners with Awoo..

My scum pool becomes {Awoo, arc, duck, catgirl}

Could see flip either way: {invis, seal, math, mylon}

The rest seem townie in varying degrees.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

If he flaked on the thread and me he flaked on Sajj too. Meaning they had all that talk back when he was actually here.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

It's caught scum in day 1 why are you making excuses for him?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 am

Post by BuJaber »

Oh well no if it coincides with his last message here then maybe not. I assumed he told sajj earlier in the game when he was still talking about PTs
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:41 am

Post by BuJaber »

Still feel like he's much more secretive about the PTs than he was last game.. but fine I misinterpretted the exchange... back to VOTE: uglyduck while we sort awoo.

Just remember inactivity is NAI .. he doesn't suddenly get a pass forever just because he disappeared
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:48 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 402, Scioness Sajj wrote:the timing makes it impossible to judge really.

all of it happened on the first day and so Stefan flaked after the first day.

(if you wanna lynch my neighbors, go with wave. he doesn't really talk there :giggle: )
Lol nah wave is town and he quite clearly stated his views in the PTs
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:49 am

Post by BuJaber »

Is invisibility Not_Mafia but with the 3-4 word sentences package upgrade?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 404, BuJaber wrote:stated his views in the PTs
About the PTs not in the PTs

Fine with Arc for lynch but I'm more comfortable joining wave's wagon on duck than I am joining the counterwagon.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Math am I finally seeing your scum game?

So sajj and I are the scumteam and instead of coming up with good theatrics to distance each other with a fight that looks like TvT, we instead come up with one where I ask technical questions about stefan's posts to my partner in the game thread first without scum PT so I can build an elaborate case on someone with 0 votes on them and then have my own partner shut that case down immediately?

Mutsnt has either ran out of any motivation to actually play the game or he is scum trying to be 'too scummy to be scum'.
How is doing nothing a town tell? You honestly think there is no scum among the lurkers? There are players with less than 10 posts in 18 pages.

I haven't voted for arc because I wanted to see his reaction to people talking about his post. But his absence is looking suspicious on it's own.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah sorry Math only the first line was to you. The rest was @mutant.

And sorry Arc. I wasn't sure about the pronoun and you have so few posts I was too lazy to look for one to check. It won't consciously happen again I promise.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@math I actually think I know how to read you somewhat (with a lot of uncertainty and paranoia for sure) I just like to see reactions of people when I talk about you. It's especially important for NK analysis because of who you are. You are just someone we should expect to die at night and if not we really should question why. As in I would be comfortable with you as a backboard in lylo but I would never want you to actually be alive at lylo because I wouldn't be able to believe that scum left you alive that long.

And yeah obviously my play has dropped significantly and I don't play as much as I used to at the beginning of the year so it's fair to accept your meta has evolved without me witnessing it. I do keep that in mind.
Biggest thing that pings me about you is how weird you got about people townreading you and scumreading wave in the early game. It felt way too exaggerated and defensive. The arguments you had together were not even that polarizing in terms of alignment because it was theory stuff on PTs. People were calling wave scummy because they disliked his attitude and his implication that we will get nothing out of PTs this game. Scumreading him for that would not imply a townread on you. The fact that most people who commented on that stated they townread you and scumread wave was a coincidence.

Apart from that I am used to you being more involved but this game does not help keep discussions going so it's hard to judge. Also I don't like how some seem to be basing some reads on opinions you've stated without much reasoning. I can only conclude that people of both alignments are sheeping you and I just wish your reads had more content with them so that the sheepers are forced to actually show their agreement to the more specific arguments and show their true opinions.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I think the choice of who to lynch should be between Arc and Catgirl. Nobody has provided any reasons why they're town when they claim they TR them.

Alternative would be uglyduck who seems to be controversial so there's stuff to analyze after his flip.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Duck if I vote arc are you gonna hammer her?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I still wanted your answer on the record, Duck. As you can see arc isn't afraid to vote her counterwagon. You voting for mutant at this time seemed odd. I wanted to throw out a weird question to see how you'd respond.

And it's funny you say that town shouldn't worry about looking scummy when you answer in such way. You seem the one worried.

I don't want the day to end yet. Pretty much anyone else that isn't you quickhammering would be scum claiming. The only unpredictable vote was yours as a townie in your situation might hammer (shouldn't but some players do), and obviously as scum you would hammer but you would either not respond to the question or lie or the more likely option: once I ask you this question you can't hammer anymore as scum because I put you in the spotlight.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 444, Myloninja13 wrote:I could vote for them if you wanted me to?
You should vote for them if YOU want to
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@Duck- Yeah I think the L-1 vote from you would look even worse than a hammer. But whatever I won't argue with what you say you would do or won't do.

As for your question:
In post 439, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 438, BuJaber wrote:Duck if I vote arc are you gonna hammer her?
Currently, no chance.
This answered my question. But you felt the need to follow up with:
In post 440, UglyDuck wrote:I also find that like kind of an odd question to need asking since the only people that could hammer would be :

Me - saying no
AA - obv not
WAVE - skum reads me and town reads AA
Invis - Skum reads me, no opinion I can find on AA

What is your worry? If I am skum I would obviously have some agenda regarding my answer. Given the game state the town thing here would of been to just put them at L-1. All you have accomplished is making it seem like you are willing to. And, as I am sure you are aware, as I am the counter wagon it would appear skummy for you rn to actually vote for AA and put them L-1.

VT game - town shouldn't care about appearing skummy.
Asking about worry feels like projecting your own on to me. And the post has you soft-accusing me ofvbeing scum which is a defensive response if feelng attacked yourself.

I don't see why it would be scummy if I put her at L-1.

The last line says nothing new. It is known to everyone and since you were talking about how scummy I would look you are implying that I am not acting as town because town shouldn't care. That meaning was implied so the last sentence is just you trying to put extra emphasis on your point which reads like someone who knows their argument is weak.

Also my question was neutral. I would ask a townread that if I felt I needed to just like I would ask a scumread. My previous posts tell you I am thinking about switching to Arc and earlier in the game I predicted only 1 scum between you. Not sure what made you think I was implying you're scum by asking.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:29 am

Post by BuJaber »

If me answering the question "where are you reading worry here?" Is not answering the question then I don't know what the question was.

I think the main point of disagreement is that you don't think I would ask anyone if they would hammer and that I asked you specifically because I think you're scum. But I am clarifying to you that the fact that I am on your wagon is a coincidence. I asked you because you are on neither wagon but you made a choice to vote for mutant unlike the 3 people who hadn't placed a vote. I asked you because I've seen townies hammer in your position, so I wouldn't be able to build a case on you day 2 based solely on the hammer. I was less worried about anyone else hammering because they would look super scummy doing it. Main issue is Arc had a completely nonsensical post about me and I responded to it and I would like to hear what they have to say before lynching them. Thus I didn't want to place her on L-1 without guaging your reaction first.

It's a moot point now considering catgirl switched wagons.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

"Self meta is a towntell" lolwut nsg.

I wouldn't call it a scumtell but it definitely isn't a towntell.

I can see duck flipping town but I don't get why he thinks AA9 is town. And I don't understand what he hopes to accomplish with a mutant vote while defending himself instead of selling us mutant. The vote is an empty gesture.

Sure AA9 doesn't seem to care about getting lynched which tends to be a scum thing but also she just reads like a newer/weaker/less confident player than Duck.

Duck are you trying to piss me off to get a read or something? I answered the question in the post you quoted. Each paragraph refers to a sentence or idea you had that each show some worry. One or two alone may be natural but all together they read worried to me. Especially the fact that you had to post in the first place when you actually answered my question with "currently, no chance"
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I have no idea how you are able to put mylo/catgirl in any category that isn't null or lynchable. They're not even your neighbors. Do you have a telepathic read on them?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 am

Post by BuJaber »

Not just Dino. I am missing just 4 neighbors from the full cul de sac.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 am

Post by BuJaber »

@Math:
In post 6, Mathdino wrote:VOTE: northsidegal

i'm neighbours with her, i'm around 65% confident she's scum based on the posting
Math and NSG are neighbors
In post 77, wavemode wrote:Math since you asked, my other neighbor is Scioness Sajj

Who is yours
Nsg -- math -- wave -- Sajj
In post 90, StefanB wrote:
In post 86, wavemode wrote:I'm surprised that "Town is better off having discussions in the open thread" is such a controversial opinion. I thought this was common sense? I've asked repeatedly what sort of discussions people want to have in private and nobody can give me an example of one?
Just out of the top of my head, PS: I don't envy Sajj being between us.
Nsg -- math -- wave -- Sajj -- Stefan
In post 243, ArcAngel9 wrote:10 pages already. Oh lord, I am behind in this game too.

Okay, I so don't believe this neighbor hood PT's help. those PT's going to stall anyway. I am neighbour with Mylonnija and Uglyduck. Nothing much happened except Mylon claimed that he is lurking.
Mylon -- AA9 -- uglyDuck

NSG -- math -- wave -- Sajj -- Stefan
In post 340, Myloninja13 wrote:I do think that NSG is a little suspicious, but they're my other neighbour so I'm not looking to kill them just yet lol.

I think you, Math and maybe Seal are town, but that's kinda it? And those reads are pretty much only from a basic gut read/just liking what they're saying.
And this puts mylon next to nsg.

So uglyDuck -- AA9 -- Mylon -- NSG -- Math -- wave -- Sajj -- Stefan -- Buj (I reveal this earlier check my ISO) -- (other neighbor known to me)

So only 3 are missing and they're all next to each other.
I had 14 slots in my notes hence I said 4 missing earlier but it's only 3.

Also I wouldn't have revealed this but it is public knowledge so any competent scum already knows this, so town should too for those that aren't paying attention.

And to whoever asked - I care because I like solving puzzles. I thought I'd need to deduce who people's neighbors were but it became really easy when people outright stated it. I can guess how the remaining 3 fit in the picture but I'm not relying on guesswork especially since it doesn't matter.

Math if you're scum and you made me go back and find all these posts I'm never going to forgive you. :evil:
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 am

Post by BuJaber »

You meme too much

But in that case I'm guessing you share a neighbor with her.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:41 am

Post by BuJaber »

Invis possibly in between mylon and seal ?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 555, wingedcatgirl wrote:We're not lynching AA9 today, imo
Why not? To be honest her outburst feels fake to me.

And I think mutant is town for correcting my guess of invis neighbors when he didn't need to. It was a trap guess to see if anyone would agree. I was too optimistic.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Noted math

But hang on a sec. Are you or are you not nsg's neighbor?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Regarding Sajj I don't think she's scum based on posts so far but she does generally ask questions more than provide her own content and she reminds me a little of TW in the giyga's curse where he snuck into the townbloc. However if I were scum and she were town she'd be someone I'd be inclined to make a fake case against specifically because of her vagueness and the way she asks questions.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 561, Mathdino wrote:And no I'm not neighbors with her, I wanted to see who would sheep me if I claimed she scumtold in the PT
In that case someone is lying about who their neighbors are. And considering we didn't massclaim they lied unprovoked.

So if you're town and you know someone lied please accuse them. Otherwise we know for sure the scum team have 2 PTs as they are also neighbors.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

(This becomes helpful because we have a somewhat small scum pool of people who claimed their neighbors, and once we get one of them, we just lynch his/her neighbors)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

None considering how bad it is for them.

But if only townies lied then we still have a smaller scum pool of people who didn't lie/didn't claim.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

And I mean... scum make mistakes too :P
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 561, Mathdino wrote:This basically is telling me scum NSG is trying to get me to mislynch scioness for her
Not clear on why? I told you what I'd be inclined to do how does that relate to nsg meta?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #56) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 570, Mathdino wrote:I don't see what's relevant then about what you'd do as scum when you're town...
Oh so it's just based on what I said. The point was that I am not confident on my read with Sajj so I can build a case for either alignment and the same goes for nsg because he is pushing for Sajj.

Though I actually have been building a case on nsg in one of my PTs but it sort of depends on me townreading you 100%. I'm close but not there yet.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #57) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 248, BuJaber wrote: And btw I think there is
only
one scum between you and duck so if you're town he isn't and vice versa. This is not because of any connection between you (though now you told us he's your neighbor maybe we'll see something) but it's a statistical bet based on things I've noticed from scum opening posts. I believe that statistically if you have 25% or more of the players starting the game with some sort of apology for lateness or their inactivity then 1 of them is scum and just piggybacking on the others' excuses.
In post 249, BuJaber wrote:(Duck + cat + arc + nsg = 4 / 13 ) I already discussed nsg and I should have probably clarified that I consider cat one of you 3 that I'm willing to vote for if that wasn't clear. That's where the 25% comes from.

The original ping was me not liking your first post or duck's post in the same page complaining about the number of pages.
Unless something actionable comes up regarding the neighborhood lies I am lynching one of those 4 because these posts still stands. I have recently had great success picking up on early-game tells. I'm willing to vote for AA9 specifically but the recent votes on her make me uneasy. They came quickly and without explanation.

Also the wagons did a good job. Duck and AA9 are posting more. It is now players like invis, mylon, and seal that seem to be lurking behind.
Why my vote is on Duck I've talked about with him extensively. He has spent his time defending himself without any effort to sell us on mutant. He also thinks AA9 is town but hasn't tried to appeal to her to switch votes when she was on his wagon. Her vote switch to Dino came out of nowhere. Mutant himself is an odd choice to me for a vote considering I townread them and he he barely got any heat or suspicion from anyone since the early game stuff.

We should discuss some other potential wagon just in case town don't agree on neither duck nor AA9. Has mylon doe anything this game? Is he participating behind the scenes in the PTs?
People who townread mylon.. is your read still the same?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #58) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Hence the question. Is your play still in line with your town meta.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #59) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 am

Post by BuJaber »

What about uglyduck mutant? Do you townread him and why/why not?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

So now we're lynching people just because they're hard to read?
Why are you so interested in sheeping nsg? If she can't or doesn't want to participate she doesn't get a say in who we lynch.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

^ @Dino
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

I admit I'm softening to the idea of nsg lynch especially when I see Dino so eagerly trying to appease her; but I still would prefer we wait until day 2 or 3 for that as it is objectively better for sorting nsg.

Heyyyy ho let's lynch invisibility .. he is... invisible lately. B)

(Please indicate support or not for this because we havr limited time and we'd have to act fast. You have got to be willing to vote there and be available to play in the next 48 hours to approve this wagon)
This is definitely a compromise lynch. But town is divided among duck and AA9 and I'd rather lynch a wagon that has 70%+ support instead of a wagon that gets hammered begrudgingly.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #63) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 am

Post by BuJaber »

To be honest I would have dropped you down to a nullread if you continued to give her credit and BoD while she's absent.

I'm not saying we should scumread her yet, it is too soon for that, but we are at a critical junction and when she is influencing your voting decisions
without actually being here and participating
my alarm bells start ringing.

Pedit 1 - that is also why I dislike both AA9 and duck. While defending themselves they are not actively trying to point us to a different wagon. They are passively saying "you guys are wrong we should lynch x" without trying to convince us. Duck especially who isn't voting someone likely to be hammered.

Pedit 2 - what is MD?
And yes I agree these are nothing posts but you should know nsg and I disagree on a lot of strategy so it's kind of hard to have a discussion when all either side of us can say is "I objectively disagree". You see one example here with the self meta is a towntell opinion. She is not going to convince me that it is but if she believes it to be true from her POV I can't really say much to change her mind. Not unless we literally play every game together and begin formulating a history of people using self meta.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:47 am

Post by BuJaber »

And when I say objective I mean regardless of alignment I would have the same opinion because it is a general opinion regarding startegy. Perhaps objective isn't the best word considering opinions are inherently subjective.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #65) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:57 am

Post by BuJaber »

Sure but don't you think her reads might be outdated? She has to at least confirm that she didn't change her mind.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #66) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@Sajj you can quote from PTs. I've already asked the mod that question in my own PTs.

@Dino - what's your definition of "actively"? Can we treat your vote as Aa9 passing that line already?

@catgirl - hello ms. Day 2 lynch (likely scum if nsg is town.. but I'd be surprised if both are scum)

If sajj flips town I'm considering this wagon a scumclaim by nsg. And if she is then I'm finally alive in a game to witness it. Her scumgame is evidently top notch if this is how she builds fake cases. I have only seen her lurking side.

Saji has become the
most informative
lynch. But I don't agree with the scumread. I think it's a matter of interpretation. Therefore it's not the
best
lynch. That's still uglyduck.

Nsg - your reads on uglyduck and aa9 please? And share any other updated reads you may have please.

There's still the matter of the lying during neighbor claims. I am still interested in any info that exposes who lied so we can ask them why and see if we believe them to be town based on what they say or we lynch them for lying.

@Nsg (unless you think I'm scum which would need to be addressed as it ruins this particular point) - read my interactions with sajj from onwards until my revote on duck. Do you think scum!sajj would bother to correct me? All she did was state a simple fact that made me jump to all sorts of conclusions that could have easily lead to an Awoo lynch and she would have gotten no heat over it and in fact possibly gotten me lynched over it also. Basically I find that behavior really odd for scum unless she's partners with awoo but that's doubtful considering she claimed stefan hoped that I'm town this game. I can't imagine stefan saying that to his own scum partner. And I also can't imagine scum!sajj came up with that lie because it would involve looking up games I've played with stefan then reading our interactions with them then correctly guessing that it is something he would say.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I don't know I tend to exaggerate when I make a point. I just really hate this case on sajj. Especially considering she came back from her absence and thats all she had to comment on.

And I wouldn't have a problem with her having a difference of opinion but it is making lurkers like cat and invis -seemingly- chabge their votes and I don't want us to lynch outside the duck/aa9.

So let's rephrase. I distrust nsg this game. I also think that if sajj is indeed town like I suspect then nsg becomes more suspicious than she is currently with both of them alive and their alignments hidden.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 678, northsidegal wrote:I think it's not impossible that Awoo is scum with scioness

Interesting. That point is stronger in my mind than my townread of sajj. If I am sure of
anything
this game is that awoo and sajj are not scum partners. If one of them flips scum I will literally never vote for the other. Really didn't think it'd be even possible to disagree with this part.

As in I may be able to just accept that since this is my first game with sajj I should just trust your read on her, but you have to be able to see how impossible it is that they are partners.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #69) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@nsg - Because she said that stefan hoped I'm town this game.

If both are scum why would stefan say this to her? They'd know I am.

So that lives her coming up with that as a lie which means she:

-Looked up games with both stefan and I (1 person out of 11 other townies)
-Found out the posts where we express mutual respect.
-Correctly guessed that "I hope Buj is town this game" is something that stefan would actually say.

And that she did all of that for no apparent gain. I myself only remembered that she said this about stefan when I started reading back after you made your case.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (isolation #70) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Like it'd be such a roundabout way of buddying me and it doesn't even serve the purpose of buddying because I don't actually dismiss the idea of scum!sajj (even if I am currently townreading her) I just dismiss the idea of a sajj-awoo scumteam.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #71) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Okay have it your way we will continue this conversation if sajj flips scum because otherwise it's completely irrelevant.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #72) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by BuJaber »

For what it's worth unrealseal is huge hypocrite with his lynch all lurkers policy talk.
Something to ponder if we decide to lynch someone other than duck/aa9.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #73) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Sajj considering only 1 lurker joined nsg's wagon and dino who is pretty confident on his townread hasn't this seems like an overreaction.

@nsg - nice of you to poke me where it hurts. You know my feelings about partition. 1) I believe the setup should have been mountainous. 2) I believe a mountainous game with the same player list would have ended with a town win. 3) I tried really hard and repeatedly to lynch group 2 but nobody wanted to. You know damn well I can't lynch alone as you yourself have tried and failed. If I count you then that was only 2 people willing to vote for group 2 out of a remaining 8, 3 of which were scum and 1 townie didn't show up until the last day. 4) I put 80% blame on a certain someone who used his pr even though he actually still thinks he was right. Because ungortunately people judge their actions by their coincidental results instead of objectively evaluating their actions based on the information they had before their decision. Not to mention that because of the nature of the pr the unwillingness of its user to self-vote means they are always pushing for a lynch on a bigger group than if they didn't use their pr and thus pushing for an inherently riskier lynch. 5) wisdom WAS in fact town and considering I was one of the guiltied I only needed to be sure of that to know that koki was scum. But koki was put in a group that contained both me and scum mvp fitz who was only really softly-suspected a few times and was close to a universal townread.
Let's talk about this game. We know your stance on sajj. And now that I've had a glimpse into the version of reality you live in I don't envy the difficult position you must put yourself before any vote. The decision on who to vote for at any time in any game must be agonizing to you if you are considering every possibility no matter how improbable it is. But I want to know what you think of duck and aa9. I want to know why you made the conscious choice of derailing two healthy counterwagons that split up pretty much the entire playerbase and why you made this decision less than 4 days before deadline. Do you really townread them so strongly? Do you think if sajj is scum they have to be town? Why is a sajj lynch so urgent?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #74) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Oh and I'm open to the idea of sharing PTs because it will expose who lied earlier but I have some stuff related to who gets NK'd and I don't want scum to see it.

(Of course I am testing my neighbor if they are scum by sharing it with them but that's still a 2/12 shot of them being scum compared to guaranteed scum exposure here)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #75) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 am

Post by BuJaber »

And what does that say to scum if town are going to give up and not fight their lynches? If you don't want effort rewarded simply because it is effort then don't contribute to the wagon. Next time it will just happen again. And then town or scum the people who live are those that can put in more effort and/or can articulate more.

I come here to play mafia not a popularity contest.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #76) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 am

Post by BuJaber »

Articulate better*
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (isolation #77) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

I get the demotivation and helplessness if she is town. I also wouldn't condemn all self-votes. But doing it here at this time amd putting herself at L-1 is close to game throwing. Believe me I did it in a 3p lylo in my newbie game because I felt frustrated and tried a hail mary gambit. I have since learned my lesson. You don't self-vote when it more or less guarantees your lynch.

This is pretty much the same as hammering yourself as a townie. Because if town she can't possibly know that scum wouldn't login before she returns and hammer her. And sure a hammer would look shady but townies get trigger happy too when deadline is near.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (isolation #78) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 am

Post by BuJaber »

I mean I am quite sure dino and wave aren't lying about their PT.
And likewise sajj about awoo being both her and my neighbor.
I also doubt mylon was faking the confusion over names so I believe he is neighbors with nsg and AA9.

But technically nothing is confirmed.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #79) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 am

Post by BuJaber »

Wave is one of my top townreads I'm fine assuming he didn't lie so maybe we can treat his other neighbor sajj as confirmed. Also because stefan seemed pretty genuine when he said "I don't envy sajj being between us".

So personally I'd question the rest.

Pedit - mod stated he prefers we don't outright post our PTs.. so maybe ask specific people to paraphrase and have their neighbors confirm or deny etc. Maybe anyone who reaches a certain threshold of votes?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #80) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 am

Post by BuJaber »

Duck, catgirl, invis, aa9, nsg

In that rough order of preference.
Bear in mind that doesn't mean I townread the rest but there are people who are tough to read based on day 1 alone and I'd rather not lynch them. Also with the exception of invisibility those 4 are from my earlier scum pool based on my early game scumtell detector.

I'll be checking in several times a day if possible but don't expect me to be available throughout the 2 days.

@sajj 2 days is nothing. You should consider that something around 1/4 or more of the playerbase will never login on any particular day and thus it's less time than you may expect when we are talking about a wagon being hammered.

@nsg - point '1' wasn't sarcasm. You not taking into consideration that awoo and sajj are not teammates makes me think you overestimate the significance of all the different scenarios when making decisions. I can't tell you if that's a bad thing for you or not because you have to decide what works best for you but it is definitely a difficult and exhausting way to play.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (isolation #81) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by BuJaber »

VOTE: invis
Gotta be quick

What about catgirl.. who still thinks she's town?

And wave you are against aa9 wagon right?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #82) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 am

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah I mean seal is quiet and has a lurky quality but if he is scum it means either his teammate is very active or town is so far away from the scumteam with all the wagons today because seal hasn't seemed to push any sort of agenda at all.

I just feel there's a difference in the lurking between seal and to some extent mylon compared to invis/cat/aa9. They read more like having a plan of action/something they want to accomplish each time they show up. And usually it's them talking about themselves. Seal is just not there but when he is he seems interested to participate in the conversation at hand.

I'm not sure...if you think I'm reading too much into things and he's scummy for a good reason please let me know. But for now I don't see myself voting for seal anytime soon.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (isolation #83) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Seems correct
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #84) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah no math is never going to be alive at endgame as long as I'm still here.

Put it like this. When math starts spewing his usual "I will be nightkilled" he will be nightkilled. And if he isn't you policy lynch him. As soon as you see math alive at lylo or mylo you lynch him. As far as I'm concerned that's such a statistically winning policy in any game that I don't mimd following it religiously.

Also if it isn't even more abundantly clear that duck/aa9 contains 1 scum like I've been saying then respectfully I think y'all are looking in the wrong direction.

They were 2 super strong counter wagons that were both derailed. Nsg started the derailing but looks like she meant well since she flipped town and we should be thanking scum for doing that as my pool of 4 got down to 3 with catgirl a secondary option behind duck/aa9.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #85) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by BuJaber »

And to complete my entire scum pool: I've got my eyes on you mutant and mylon you sneaky devils. "Boohoo don't kill my neighbors" and mylon just because he's getting a pass based on meta.

If we kill 2 maybe 3 people from my pool and none of them are scum then Sajj becomes my top scumread. Wifom nightkilling doesn't save scum.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #86) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:09 am

Post by BuJaber »

Dino do you think scum are more likely to kill their own neighbors?

Anyone can answer if they want but please let Dino answer first.

And I apologize for switching between calling him Dino and math. I'm trying to force myself to always call him Dino to avoid any mixups with the math(s).
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (isolation #87) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

Case on Duck:
TLDR: only posts when defending himself
In post 483, BuJaber wrote: I can see duck flipping town but I don't get why he thinks AA9 is town. And I don't understand what he hopes to accomplish with a mutant vote while defending himself instead of selling us mutant. The vote is an empty gesture.

Duck are you trying to piss me off to get a read or something? I answered the question in the post you quoted. Each paragraph refers to a sentence or idea you had that each show some worry. One or two alone may be natural but all together they read worried to me. Especially the fact that you had to post in the first place when you actually answered my question with "currently, no chance"
In post 582, BuJaber wrote:
In post 248, BuJaber wrote: And btw I think there is
only
In post 249, BuJaber wrote:(Duck + cat + arc + nsg = 4 / 13 ) I already discussed nsg and I should have probably clarified that I consider cat one of you 3 that I'm willing to vote for if that wasn't clear. That's where the 25% comes from.

Unless something actionable comes up regarding the neighborhood lies I am lynching one of those 4 because these posts still stands. I have recently had great success picking up on early-game tells. I'm willing to vote for AA9 specifically but the recent votes on her make me uneasy. They came quickly and without explanation.

Also the wagons did a good job. Duck and AA9 are posting more. It is now players like invis, mylon, and seal that seem to be lurking behind.
Why my vote is on Duck I've talked about with him extensively. He has spent his time defending himself without any effort to sell us on mutant. He also thinks AA9 is town but hasn't tried to appeal to her to switch votes when she was on his wagon. Her vote switch to Dino came out of nowhere. Mutant himself is an odd choice to me for a vote considering I townread them and he he barely got any heat or suspicion from anyone since the early game stuff.
In post 620, BuJaber wrote: Pedit 1 - that is also why I dislike both AA9 and duck. While defending themselves they are not actively trying to point us to a different wagon. They are passively saying "you guys are wrong we should lynch x" without trying to convince us. Duck especially who isn't voting someone likely to be hammered.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (isolation #88) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 am

Post by BuJaber »

Catgirl is a really good option too. Literally joined every major wagon and nobody else.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #89) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@Dino - is Duck your other partner ?

You know if this was another game I might join this wagon just to shut the people suspecting seal up. But I want to be part of the first town to win a 13p mountainous (according to Dino's stats anyway).

So we don't have time to feed your egos.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #90) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 921, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 915, BuJaber wrote:Also if it isn't even more abundantly clear that duck/aa9 contains 1 scum
I don't think it's wise to lynch ugly duck before Math is dead.
Can you explain this one please sorry I missed it.

Also I think mutant is town based on the last page.
So I don't like seal for a wagon and I don't like mutant for a wagon.

If you really really hate the duck wagon give us someone other than those 2 and we'll discuss.

You're being sheeped by catgirl's replacement Dino.. catgirl.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #91) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:07 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 963, Lavos wrote:
In post 960, BuJaber wrote:@Dino - is Duck your other partner ?

You know if this was another game I might join this wagon just to shut the people suspecting seal up. But I want to be part of the first town to win a 13p mountainous (according to Dino's stats anyway).

So we don't have time to feed your egos.
so, your scumreads are uglyduck and lavos but you're saying you would (in a hypothetical universe where this isn't mountainous blah blah) be willing to lynch unrealseal, whose wagon is composed of uglyduck and lavos, to "feed our egos"?

Exactly.. I normally play for fun. I mean I play to win and I take my responsibility to my team seriously but I wouldn't put too much effort in the game if it's going to make me get upset or exhausted or frustrated because then it wouldn't be fun even if I win. Once any game stops being fun you really shouldn't continue playing. Your time and wellbeing are too valuable for that.
Therefore it is way easier in the early game (first few day phases) to show someone how wrong they are by compromising than it is to argue your opposing opinion until one of you agrees or the deadline is reached. This is because once everyone sees how wrong they were they will a) see proof that they are not infallible and thus be more willing to listen or b) everyone else will not trust their opinion so they will have less influence on town. Which means that in the late game people are much more willing to listen to each other's opinions and even the small guy gets a voice. (In a general sense... I may not be the most charismatic player but I don't consider myself an ignored voice in this particular game)

But this game I just care about winning, even if it stops being fun. So I don't want to waste a lynch. Even if the wagon is not on someone I scumread I want whoever we flip to be more useful to us dead than alive. At the moment seal is definitely more useful alive than dead imo.

Sorry for the tangent.. but I don't know your main and I assume this is the first time we're playing together so you should know a bit about me.

And as for my putting more weight on catgirl's posts than yours well that's because
1. You post a lot but that's because you tend to split up posts into smaller chunks.
2. Catgirl may have posted a little but she was here for more than 30 pages of game time. That is more significant. Not posting should also be taken into account not just the posts themselves.
3. I have to look at both you and her to sort your slot. You are not independent.
4. If a scumread replaces out I consider it the replacement's responsibility to convince me they're town. I don't automatically treat them as a nullread just because they replaced in. I don't know how others do it and maybe this is unfair but it's how I play.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #92) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 975, Lavos wrote:the compromising bit is fine but it actually doesn't make sense because the unrealseal wagon is composed of your two strongest scumreads. i don't see why you're trying to convince us of anything if we're scum- of course nobody can be certain but I don't see why you would be willing to lynch a townread to prove to your scumreads that they're wrong. like, if they're scum, they already know and won't care and will just do the same thing again the next day.

factoring catgirl into a read on me is 100% fine and good and even optimal but like, I just think it's better for it to factor into a read on Lavos than to be the read in its entirety considering the slot is 100% lavos going forward.
Correct. But it's actually not as bad as you my think. I would hyppthetically do it so that if they are town and right we lynch scum and I readjust my read on the game. If they are town and wrong they will readjust their reads going forward. If they are scum and they continue to behave like it was nothing they expose themselves. Also doesn't matter much if they don't change as long as Other people who see them continue their bs cases will not listen to them.

@mutant - okay fine. We agree that it isn't time to lynch Dino but that time will come if he doesn't get NK'ed. And that seal is a bad wagon. Also for the record I don't think they are a team either.

@wave - is the seal scumlean/read based on your scumlean on Dino?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (isolation #93) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by BuJaber »

And aa9 was already a counterwagon to duck on day 1.

Boring news: apparently dino was the only one who lied about his neighbors. No catching scum that way sadly coz for Dino it's NAI.

Why did aa9 wagon rise so fast on day 1 when I (one of the ones pushing for it) wasn't even voting on it. Did you think about that?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #94) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Paraphrase Duck's pt interactions.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #95) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 309, Mathdino wrote:VOTE: ArcAngel9

GET FUCKED, UGLYDUCK WAGON, THAT GUY IS TOWN

I HEREBY DECLARE THIS THE COUNTERWAGON TO EVIL MOTHERDUCKERS TRYNA LYNCH MY TOWNREADS

WE LYNCH PEOPLE WHO AREN'T BEING TOWNREAD LET'S GO
In post 317, UnrealSeal wrote:I suppose you have a point

VOTE: ArcAngel9
In post 327, Awoo wrote:
Conclusions:
Townpool in {scioness, math, invis (?), seal, duck}
not likely mafia {bujab}
content not found { mylo}
kinda ignored them while i was reading {winggirl, wave}
Killpool in {mutant, nsg, angel}
VOTE: arcangel9

Within like a page.
Dino literally calling it a counterwagon to UD.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (isolation #96) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Dino might be scum so I don't care that he calls it a counterwagon but you think he's town and you're on the same wagon so thought maybe that'd have an impact on you
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (isolation #97) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 891, HeWhoSwims wrote:
VC11
ArcAngel9 (1) (L-6)
: UnrealSeal
mutantdevle (1) (L-6):
UglyDuck
Scioness Sajj (1) (L-6):
Invisibility
UnrealSeal (1) (L-6):
wavemode
:!:
Invisibility (7) (L-0)
: BuJaber, Mathdino, Awoo, mutantdevle, Myloninja13, Scioness Sajj, northsidegal :!:
Awoo (1) (L-6):
ArcAngel9

Not voting: wingedcatgirl
So what do we think the split is? 1 on wagon 1 off wagon or 2 off wagon?

I don't think it could be 2 on wagon given that at the end it seemed obvious invis will be lynched so scum wouldn't need to push it.

Off wagon:
Invis flipped town
Wavemode is town
Seal is null
Duck/aa9 I don't think are a team.
Wingetcatgirl/lavos - possible scum
So if we think both are off wagon aa9 has to be with seal or catgirl which I'm not seeing at the moment.

Same with duck. So I think it's quite safe to assume 1 off 1 on wagon.

On wagon since Dino is a policy lynch either tomorrow or next day that leaves Awoo, mutant, mylon, sajj.

Mylon everybody seems to think is town so I'll take their word for it for now. Sajj seemed townie to me day 1 hence the arguments with nsg.

So vote duck/lavos or Awoo/mutant.

Aa9 isn't a terrible lynch and definitely could be scum but still undeniable that it was a counterwagon and one that grew quickly
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (isolation #98) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1011, Lavos wrote:UD you should vote aa9
That would be cool considering they're neighbors. Though also the last time someone voted for their neighbor it was mutant on invis who flipped town. :?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (isolation #99) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Why.. that is definitely a possibility.

I'll admit that if duck is town dino looks scummier than if duck flips scum but it is still a good tactic in both scenarios and Dino is capable of pulling it.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (isolation #100) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:23 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1050, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1047, BuJaber wrote:I'll admit that if duck is town dino looks scummier
What about town!duck makes dino look scummy?
I don't remember where but I've heard or read that site-wide meta was to not hard defend a buddy meaning some good scum players were able to easily avoid suspicion because of this.

However people started catching on of course and so I would expect the best players to be going back to not defending their buddies as much (most of the time not all).

So I think it's less likely they're buddies. Also I find is hard to see how he could be this sure of Duck's alignment. Especially so when it is based mainly on PT interactions.
Why is duck obvtowning it up in the PT but not in the game thread?

If dino is scum it makes sense he is whiteknighting more than it does that he is defending a buddy.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (isolation #101) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

VOTE: arcangel
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #102) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:01 am

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah if this is his town game can't imagine how little he does as scum.

It's starting to feel like one of those people who bring a parent to a job interview and let them talk on their behalf.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #103) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I feel I would know who the scum are but I still need some more NKs.

For the time being I really think it should be aa9 or lavos today.
I haven't completely dropped my suspicion of Duck but not feeling it as strongly anymore.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (isolation #104) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:35 am

Post by BuJaber »

If I told them that I won't get NK'd.

Just give more weight to my associatives and my policies than my reads and you'll be golden. Obviously from y'all's perspective it'll be lower but I give myself about 70% confidence in independent reads and 90% confidence in associatives/scum pools.

To summarize my assumptions & conclusions this game:
- Dino must be lynched at LYLO/MYLO. Except when you believe your townread on him more than you believe your own name. At that moment you give a big middle finger switcharoo on scum and DON'T lynch Dino. It's a very critical moment in the game and unfortunately there's no way of telling you how to know beforehand. You sort of just have to know if he's scum or not.

-Duck & AA9 are not both scum

-Sajj and Awoo are not both scum.

-Lavos/aa9/duck contains 1 scum. (Vert tiny chance of 2 scum if lavos is the scum)

-if Dino is scum look very closely at mutant/wave/mylon, that said, if I am wrong about the above 3 containing one scum then it becomes almost guaranteed that mylon/mutant contains 1 scum.

-This is in part due to my belief that 1 scum voted for invis and 1 didn't.

-If seal is scum everyone should focus on wavemode. Dude had him as a scumread pretty much since the beginning of the game and I am yet to see a convincing argument from anyone that seal is actually scum. His posting is way more in-line with the game than other lurkers. Basically if one of my 2 strongest townreads is scum I'd doubt my read of the other.

-If sajj is scum then I apologize to nsg and also very well done to sajj we could repeat the same set of circumstances 20 times and I wouldn't suspect you in any of them. I don't even have a good scum partner for you like I do for wavemode and he is a stronger townread.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #105) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Everyone knows you aren't neighbors with him though.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (isolation #106) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Yes Dino already said so
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #107) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Only thing now is that awoo is trying to turn it into a conflict when he is the one pretending to be neighbors with Tora. Don't know what that us about.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #108) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1133, Toranaga wrote:
In post 82, BuJaber wrote:Math and wavemode are neighbors yeah? That seems to be the subtext.

Anyway a scum claim is a great reason to vote someone for. VOTE: wavemode

Townlean on SS and invisibility.
when did wavemode scumclaim?
I was referring to this
In post 45, wavemode wrote:Well since I'm next to my scum partner anyway we just use it for daytalk
DON'T end the day. We have time. Tomorrow might be MYLO meaning we need as many posts from Dino as possible for analysis tomorrow. Pre-NK posting might differ from post-NK.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (isolation #109) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1130, Toranaga wrote:
In post 31, Invisibility wrote:post 0 in your neighbor topic says that it closes when one of the neighbors dies
can't believe we lynched the guy that said this
Why?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #110) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Really? Based on that? Because those 2 may have been my lowest effort posts of the whole game.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (isolation #111) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:17 am

Post by BuJaber »

So let me get this straight UD felt pretty sure dino is town, enough to discuss some plan with him while at the same time refusing to tell Dino who his other neighbor is?

Is that what went on in the PT?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (isolation #112) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2, HeWhoSwims wrote:
Cul-de-Sac

Cul-de-Sac is a rather simple setup. All of you are neighbors! There are no further power roles in this game, so don’t bother hunting for one. Pre-game you all were randomly assigned one of 13 houses to live in. These houses are in a circle meaning you always have 2 houses next to you. Throughout the game, every player will be in 2 neighborhoods (private threads), one with the owner of the house left of them, and one with the owner of the house on the right of them. Whenever someone dies their PTs are shut down.

That’s about all there is! The setup is 11 townies versus 2 scum, and both the neighborhoods and the mafia PT are open during the day.

The game will start when 12/13 have confirmed or in 48 hours if by then the earlier requirement hasn't been met. To clarify: all Private Threads are open in this time and you are allowed to use them!

@A50 - we are playing based on this post not p0.

No harm in asking the
@mod to confirm please.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (isolation #113) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by BuJaber »

A50 I know it's pretty much impossible for a human being to answer this one completely unbiased but if you did not replace Dino and you saw the neighborhood claims going down like they did (Dino claiming nsg is his neighbour and none of the 3 (possibly 5 if you count nsg's neighbours) saying anything about it, how would you feel about dino? Nsg? Anyone else.

Does it make a difference to you to know that nsg's actual neighbors are mylo and catgirl (lavos now) based on all the claims we've had? (Obviously you know dino's neighbors now)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (isolation #114) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:42 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1188, Scioness Sajj wrote:UNVOTE: toranaga
Why?

MFW when strong townreads force me to reconsider.

You either didn't realize that you put Tora at L-2 when you voted which is scummy... or you're changing your mind that quickly based on things tora would be saying regardless of alignment.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (isolation #115) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 am

Post by BuJaber »

@mutant - did seal as you a question to which you resoonded negatively? If yes did he tell you how I responded to the same question?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (isolation #116) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

Yes but the difderence is mutant obviously checked straight after (albeit still wrong) and still decided to keep his vote. Sajj is abandoning the wagon after someone else just joined it.. why?

But ftr a townie can do scummy things too. Had a game where someone's entire case on someone was based on their definitions of words like scummy.

Pedit - above is @tora
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (isolation #117) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 am

Post by BuJaber »

That should be good news sajj :/
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (isolation #118) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 am

Post by BuJaber »

Anyway who's your alternative?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (isolation #119) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@Tora - A50 wants to lynch lavos not you. His whole case is on him. He says you
could
be his partner or you could be town. Either one doesn't change his opinion on lavos. You say people aren't paying attention.. how about you start.

@A50 - catgirl has made some awful posts, but her inactivity and replace out seems more consistent. She barely played since the start until she got replaced. Aa9 seemed more reactive. Her postcount shot up when she was a popular wagon then died again after the pressure wore off. I only backed off initially from her wagon because dino told me she's not a native english speaker and because her wagon grew suspiciously fast at a time when everyone claimed they had other SRs. And it was a counterwagon to duck who was my strongest SR.

That said I wouldn't hate it if catgirl slot got lynched. But I'm leaning towards 1 scum only among catgirl / duck / aa9 so if tora is the scum we are likely lynching a townie in lavos.(and vice versa)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #120) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1255, Toranaga wrote:it's an awful associative read
My point was it doesn't count as an associative read. He is lynching lavos regardless.

IF lavos flips scum and A50 tomorrow comes in and says lynch Tora because lavos unvoted him that would be associative. And if it is his only reason it'd be a weak case too.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #121) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Seal can you actually play the game man
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (isolation #122) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:25 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1284, wavemode wrote:VOTE: UglyDuck
Please vote for tora or lavos

I will be open to any other candidate tomorrow. Actually that's a lie. If they're alive sorting A50, mutant, and Awoo is top priority tomorrow.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (isolation #123) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:28 am

Post by BuJaber »

If whoever we lynch is town that is, we look at those 3 to determine if they're town or notm

If we lynch Tora/lavos and they flip scum then it's game on and our job is easier because we have associatives. nd in that case UD becomes a townlean tbh as I don't think he can be scum with either of them.

So for both reasons don't vote Duck now. :)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (isolation #124) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 am

Post by BuJaber »

Because he's playing like a townie.

Not a particularly useful one but a townie nonetheless.

This was more clear in day 1 than day 2 I admit, but usually when prod dodges he actively participates on whatever the topic on hand is. Unlike some of the others where they come in defending themselves and making excuses and jumping on wagons.

Pedit - no I actually have the opposite associative. If you flip scum lavos is cleared. That's why I want one of you lynched. Of course it would suck if whoever we lynch flips town because that doesn't necessarily mean the other is scum. The associative works only one-way.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #125) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:35 am

Post by BuJaber »

Btw I don't have an associative between those 3 and you 2. It's just tomorrow is lylo and those 3 are the ones I'm having the most difficulty reading as I've changed my mind about them like 50 times
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (isolation #126) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:36 am

Post by BuJaber »

If ee lynch a townie now it's mylo tomorrow ** not lylo
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (isolation #127) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:37 am

Post by BuJaber »

Or is it mylo - 1?
Oh okay mylo -1 .. day 4 is mylo.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #128) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:39 am

Post by BuJaber »

Hehe

Help us then. Sort the counterwagons. Who is the best wagon?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #129) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

Tora it would be unhelpful and very spammy if I literally wrote every pair I don't think can be scum together. So me not saying it about other people doesn't mean I don't have it for them. I may or may not. It's just not relevant right now.

Also it doesn't matter how many people I think you can be scummy with. I might think someone is scum but at the same time not come up with a single plausible team for them. That doesn't necessarily mean they're town. They could just be very good at keeping their partners a secret.

Fact is there are certain things that are scammy about you and yes I didn't like your predecessor's play. It'd be wrong to treat you like a different player. It will always be more difficult to townread a player that replaces into a highly suspected slot. Because they will be emotional, they will be defensive, they will be pressured. Under normal circumstances those may be easier to read depending on the context. But when it is a replace-in it is so much harder.

But let's talk about you specifically for a second and keep aa9 to the side. You seem to respond to every post but you either exaggerate or or overreact or simply miss the point of the post you react to.

You paraphrase the argument(s) of the person you respond to in a way that loses some of its key elements and/or make it sound negative. You did it with A50 and you did it with me. Even with mutant you counted 1 post as 2 just to make your point.

Maybe you are town. Maybe you are genuinenly trying to point out where people are wrong. But I just can't see it so far. Because it feels like you are deliberately trying to dismiss the arguments against you by attacking the person behind them not explaining why the argument is wrong or trying to understand the situation from their perspective. It comes off hostile and accusatory rather than cooperative and logical.

Even your scumhunting.. maybe I missed a post but if I recall the only thing you said about seal is "does anybody have a reason to townread him?". Where's the reason to scumread him?

Plus you are appealing to emotion to defend yourself. Guilt-trap defence.

I can't tell you how you should be showing us you're town because there is no specific formula. But I have to see some sign that you are following a pro-town agenda. That you are interested in pursuing the truth, avoiding mislynches, and finding scum. That you are willing to cooperate and understand that people will play differently than you and see things from a different pov.

You want to know my exact position on awoo and seal?
I have been attempting to use the PTs to get more acvurate reads on both of them. To do so effectively I need them both alive. This is because they have talked about each other. I'm not ready to explain further.

Plus I don't think seal has done anything scummy yet.

Awoo maybe. I can think of several reasons to want to lynch him. But there are also several others that hold me back.

Finally, I try to learn from every game I play. And from the last few I've played as town, I found out that I tend to find at least 1 scum based on RVS / first few pages of the game. Now some of those may have been coincidences or pure luck. But some were definitely not.

I have been pinged by the first few posts of aa9, duck, wingedcatgirl, and nsg. I tend to think that no two scum in the same game will have the exact same tells, so I have been playing with the assunption that 1 one of them is scum. This also matched up with my lynch analysis that 1 scum was on and 1 was off. Because all 3 of duck, aa9, catgirl were on the wagon.

Nsg flipped town, and duck I sort of started to feel less strongly about because he has made some decent posts lately. Also I can't come up with a convincing reason why Dino (and now A50) would defend him so strongly if they are scum. Which means either they are town and completely fooled by him or he is indeed town. (I don't really think they are the sort of player to defend a buddy like that, nor the sort to whitenight/buddy Duck like that... but I guess I could be wrong).
So that leaves aa9 and catgirl. And I've told you why I prefer you over lavos at the time being. (Though I'm definitely not townreading lavos)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #130) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:28 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1164, BuJaber wrote:So let me get this straight UD felt pretty sure dino is town, enough to discuss some plan with him while at the same time refusing to tell Dino who his other neighbor is?

Is that what went on in the PT?
Sorry if I missed it @A50 but did you respond to this?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #131) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:06 am

Post by BuJaber »

I don't care that you play differently. Hell that's part of the fun.

Just wanted you to know how some things coming from you are being interpretted by me (and possibly others but I can't speak to that).

Can you show me where A50 said that you and lavos are the scumteam? That's a significant thing to note.
The way I understood his post is that he thinks lavos is scummy for unvoting. And if lavos is scum you might be or it might be the other reason he unvoted which is that you aren't. So he's 50-50 on you IF lavos flips scum. But if he said somewhere else that he thinks you are both guilty and are the team I definitely missed that one.

And for the record yes. That thing with you and seal would be an example of townie attitude. This particular one is not a slam dunk because scum can also back off when they know their case is weak but more examples of posts like that could tip the scale in your favor.

Do you have a reason to think lavos is town?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #132) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am

Post by BuJaber »

Eh mostly for catgirl. Lavos seems nullish so far. That's why I find TRs on him interesting.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #133) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by BuJaber »

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (isolation #134) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1426, UglyDuck wrote:there is literally (actually literally) no reason for town to self hammer in VT games.
so Awoo is skum.
best case scenario they knew they were only putting themselves at L-1 hoping for twilight convo.. in which case they are only *most likely* still skum.

VOTE: Awoo
What the f was your vote unvote weak ass backing out of it before?

Sajj/awoo you better kill me before lylo. No way I am letting self voters live until end game. Honestly I am starting to think policy lynching is the way to go in this game.

We policy lynch dino if he doesn't get killed.
We policy lynch the self voters.
We policy lynch wavemode for claiming scum in rvs.
We policy lynch lurking.

Problem is we have to prioritize the policies because those are more lynches than we have.

For the record I am not a player that townreads emotion very often. I tend to regard it with heavy skepticism. Whether that's a strength or a weakness in my game I don't really know. But basically this is why I can never fully townread sajj/awoo/lavos/tora. You'll have to just hope I get to 80% townread on you and that'll have to do.

I am happy with duck as a lynch unless his explanation is very convincing.
I won't join the awoo wagon but honestly I don't have a strong reason to try and stop it. I have my own list of good reasons to suspect awoo, it's just that I've concluded they are better left alive today. All I can do is offer alternatives I think are better.

And with it being less than 2 days to deadline it looks like it'll end up being between awoo/duck unless we consider no lynch.

That said, I'm not sure I'm convinced that both lavos and tora are town so it kinda looks like scum derailing those wagons. But hopefully I'm wrong there.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (isolation #135) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Actually wifom wise what happened today gurantees 1 scum between lavos/tora.
If both are town: it means they both managed to convince majority town to reconsider when they both replaced a suspected lurker slot. Given the fact that this game is mountainous and town has clearly been having a lot of disagreement all game this is rather unlikely. Towns are rarely that in-sync. Also why wouldn't the scumteam try harder to get them lynched? 1 of them flipping town could easily lead us to lynch the other.

If both are scum: two lurker spots that replaced out managing to convince every member of town that they shouldn't be lynched today when both slots were wagons on day 1 AND day 2?

1 scum: town not agreeing which one is scummier, so we begin to look elsewhere. While at the same time the scumteam benefits from keeping both slots alive. This is because if the town slot between them dies and flips green it only makes the other more likely to get lynched. Also if the scumteam try to get a quickhammer going on the town slot among them it will look suspicous. So they might be amomg the first few votes of the wagon or they'd be pushing for neither wagon. Being on the tail end of a counterwagon that gets hammered is practically suicide for scum. And scum are in control in this game so far they have no motiviation to perform high risk gambits.

As I write this it occurs to me that maybe awoo's self vote while definitely idiotic as town (no offence), it doesn't really gain anything as scum. Sure there's the wifom element... but also, of all the players in this game awoo was the no.1 contender for the "too scummy to be scum" award and that was BEFORE he self voted. It's just beating a dead horse at that point. And it's near deadline. If he wants to quickhammer before we figure out his partner.. I don't know how valuable this last day or two would have been for us. It really makes little difference if he hammers himself or not.

Also scum who want to live would be faking the whole "oh this town sucks I don't know how we'll do better I'll just die and hopefully you guys can figure it out". Since they have to fake it they won't just suddenly start caring or changing their mind. Not unless they see another wagon building. But his unvote and motivation came a little earlier than that. His emotional ups and downs are much harder to fake as scum. As scum the whole thing would be an emotional gambit. He is (in my opinion) more likely to keep doing it until he sees major support for not lynching him. If he sees the gambit working he might stop and change the tactic. But he kinda stopped before that happened. And I think when someone is faking they'd be too methodical to be able to flexibly change their tactic on the fly like that.

I'm not saying we should give awoo townbloc status, but I really am beginning to doubt that it came from scum. And I hope for his sake he doesn't selfhammer as town again. (Or put himself at L-1 if this is the case).

I mean I'm playing assuming it ain't over yet. If it is then gg hope awoo is scum.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #136) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Okay duck please help me townread you. You honestly expect us to read that vote unvote and intent to hammer as coming from town? Even your "regret" took 3 minutes.

Because I am very close to voting for lavos. I think that has a good chance of hitting scum and so it really makes me pretty damn confident that either your or him is scum and those are the only 2 people I'll hammer/vote for today.

I shall try to login as often as possible for a few minutes to check on the status of the game and adjust my voting accordingly between lavos/duck.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (isolation #137) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Just under 32 hours until deadline.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #138) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:11 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1431, Scioness Sajj wrote:I wanted to check the flip :/
What are you doing
What? I wrote walls but I didn't change my vote. I did not affect the wagons.
In post 1432, Toranaga wrote:bujaber I'm sorry to say but if you're not townreading me after my gameday you can't really mafia, can you?

it's not exactly hard to parse me out this game.
Isn't that putting a limit on how good you think you can be as scum?

Take the compliment.

Also that just means lavos is scum. Your faith in him is fascinating.

Pedit - lavos: isn't that what duck is saying also? Why did you 'what' him?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (isolation #139) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

It's because my analysis lead to the conclusion that mechanically because of what happened one of you is probably scum.

So if you are town it means lavos is the scum if I'm right.

But basically since I was talking about wagons and reactions it being you two is just a coincidence. The same analysis would apply if the same thing happened to any 2 slots that were suspected day 1 and then replaced out and then became wagons again on day 2 and then people unvoted them.

Or my analysis is completely wrong but it's hard to play with that assumption. Gotta test you're most-likely-to-be-right theories and adjust according to results.

@lavos - okay when you said this is wifom coming from awoo I interpretted that as evidence that awoo is scum. Didn't realize you were saying wifom here is a towntell.

Pedit - pretty sure I changed my vote :o let me double check
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (isolation #140) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1387, BuJaber wrote:VOTE: uglyduck
Yes this was my latest vote..

Are unvotes required in this game?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (isolation #141) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Damn ended up being two D1 lurkers as scum together.

That does surprise me honestly. Especially that I didn't think Lavos would ever kill Tora. That was a very risky play imo.
Like sure I individually wanted to lynch both duck and lavos but as soon as one flipped scum I would have looked elsewhere for a while
:(

Tbh I think A50 replace in helped us. I became comfortable with town!Dino enough that I don't think I would have lynched there but if he didn't change his mind about duck it would have divided the town too much.

Town won a mountainous mwahahaha

Return to “Completed Open Games”