How much commitment do we require?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I often can't stay on the site constantly so I go into "a wall a day" mode where once a day, I try to read through what's been posted since my last post, post replies and followups, and then move onto a description of my current understanding of the gamestate, often with related questions. It works, although it often annoys some of the other players. This probably works better in a game with a lower player count, though.

Normally you want to stay online for a bit after your wallpost, though, so that you can respond to any questions people might ask.

An interesting tip is to remove as many vertical distractions from the page as you can (e.g. I turn off signatures and use an ad-blocker to hide the "PM, wiki", etc. links at the bottom of people's posts). That lets you fit more onto the screen at once when people are spamposting and thus makes skimming the spam to see if anything's worth responding to easier.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm

It's worth mentioning here: in most (but not all) rulesets, prods are normally a "backstop" / safety valve for allowing the mod to replace a player who's disappeared, and the desired activity rate is faster than the prod rate. (For example, I tend to be clear in my rulesets about expecting a post "most days", but outside Micros, the prod rate would normally allow skipping every other day; it's reasonable for players to miss
some
days, so the prod system has to allow for that.)

I use a rather different prodding system in Micros, where inactivity from a single player can have a large impact, and in which even expected amounts of inactivity are marked with prods. That's very unusual as rulesets go, though, and it took some difficulty in getting player expectations into the right place.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:01 pm

I think it might be, but I haven't tried it out so I'm not sure.

My guess is that the general idea would still work but the numbers you'd need are probably different from the ones I'm currently using for Micros.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:18 pm

As a mod there's not much you can do except change your rules for next game; sticking to the rules as written is fairly important. That's how my Micro activity rules ended up so elaborate.
scum
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”