Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 298, Human Sequencer wrote:addressing by
moment

is entirely meta based, in a way that isn't elaborated on or is even capable of being elaborated on
for somebody who isn't familiar with the same meta as hebichan, it pretty much means 'i think x and y are being town, and z is being scum. these are my reads, and you're just gonna have to trust me.'
they can be backed out of for pretty much any reason later, giving a potential scumHebi plenty of wriggle room, and are extremely easy to fabricate on any slot you have history on for any reason really
D I S C L A I M E R that i have to make every time for some reason:
not all meta is trash, only empty meta like this.
I can understand you calling it "trash", then, but do you consider it scummy? That is, do you think that just because it offers wriggle room to a potential scum Hebichan, that it's more likely to come from a scum Hebichan? The way I've phrased it I feel like the instinctual answer is "of course", but it seems to me that just because there may potentially be scum utility in a certain method of posting, that doesn't necessarily imply that it
comes
from scum. Town is just as capable of phrasing things, explaining things or just making posts in general in such a method that would offer a lot of room as scum.

------
In post 300, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So far, I’m really liking Brian and android. Lots of genuine asking of questions, interactions. I think Mastina due to IC claim. Human seems to be trying hard to figure out this game. Muffin probably town as well. I dislike Hebi Mastina vote because you shouldn’t risk voting possible IC but don’t know if it’s AI or not, it’s just not a good vote.
VOTE: Nancy Drew 39

I'm going to talk a little bit about why I consider this a scumpost.

-I mean no offense by this statement, but I think these sorts of "surface level" reasons to townread others come a lot more from scum than from town. Town, uninformed of anyone else's alignment, are naturally distrustful; doubtful. Taking such reasons as "lots of asking questions" and "trying hard to figure out this game" as reasons to townread others is more likely to come from scum, who both:
1) Know everyone's alignment and thus do not require strong reasons to townread people
2) Need to pretend to be sorting people to keep up appearances.

Nancy mentioning Mastina and the IC claim along with the rest of her townreads goes entirely along with my second point there; it's simply mentioning something for the sake of mentioning something and appearing to be solving the game.

From a quick scan of the posts following this it seems others agree with me here, so I think I can leave it at this. I urge others to join me here.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 319, Kokichi Oma wrote:Hebichan's vote was bad, but shes town. Shes lynchbaity. Wisdom is scum. Keeping a close eye on Nancy. Waiting for her to catch up. I'll read into A18 more as a few lines I liked.
It seems we're in agreement for the most part. I'm not as confident as you seem to be on Wisdom, but I could definitely see where you're coming from.

What are your thoughts on MuffinMan, Katsuki, Purrcocet and Brian Skies? I ask about these people specifically because having looked through your ISO I don't recall seeing a read on them, and I'm a little bit lost myself on how to read them at the moment.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i think theyre probably town
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 327, zMuffinMan wrote:i think theyre probably town
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why.

It's possible I'm simply misinterpreting what I see as poor play to be scum play. I don't think so, but it's a thought that occurred to me while typing things out. From a comment that someone else made about obvious towning, I expect to be proven wrong if Nancy truly is town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

what? no i think muffinman and those other dudes are town, not nancy
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Moment »

Ah. Of course.

:facepalm:
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

you said you were having trouble with that. i just made it easy for you

im being helpful again and helpful people are town
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Good ol' muffinman, how i missed you.
Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@hydra partner

when one more person votes nancy, you should put our (your) vote on nancy

being third on a wagon is a town tell iirc
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Okay.

Although I generally ignore that tell.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i just realised, things are going to get quite awkward when we try to discuss how to use our role(s) tonight

didn't think that one through
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 335, zMuffinMan wrote:i just realised, things are going to get quite awkward when we try to discuss how to use our role(s) tonight

didn't think that one through
Easy! just neighborize each other!

/quit indefinitely
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Ask Fakegod to keep your hydra QT open obv.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

this is getting boring, it needs more excitement
VOTE: Nancy

/quit indefinitely
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 337, Katsuki wrote:Ask Fakegod to keep your hydra QT open obv.
he said hes not going to

i guess he doesnt like hydras or something
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.4

Wisdom [1] - Kokichi Oma
Katsuki [2] - zMuffinMan, Brian Skies
hebichan [3] - Wisdom, grapes, Human Sequencer
zMuffinMan [1] - Katsuki
Kokichi Oma [2] - Nosferatu, mastina
mastina [1] - hebichan
Nancy Drew 39 [2] - Moment, Kaede Akamatsu

Not Voting [5]
- andriod18, Nancy Drew 39, Purrcocet, Dunnstral, Ginngie

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2018-06-20 15:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

kaede did something change your mind about hebi?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

VOTE: nancy

gang

pedit: dont interrupt me
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

reminder that we should be waiting approximately 2.5 RL days before lynching anyone (probably a good idea regardless of whether you think kokichi is town or scum, b t w)
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Purrcocet »

i get the sentiment but the Nancy Drew 39 votes are kind of ew
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Well I didnt expect to see this much quicksand
In post 343, Wisdom wrote:kaede did something change your mind about hebi?
Not exactly, but I kinda felt bad for her. I remember something about she being more useful in later days, i think someone mentioned it in here or something too. And I started questioning myself whether im right or wrong, so I decided to give her at least another day.

/quit indefinitely
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Katsuki »

VOTE: NANCY
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 325, Moment wrote:
In post 298, Human Sequencer wrote:addressing by
moment

is entirely meta based, in a way that isn't elaborated on or is even capable of being elaborated on
for somebody who isn't familiar with the same meta as hebichan, it pretty much means 'i think x and y are being town, and z is being scum. these are my reads, and you're just gonna have to trust me.'
they can be backed out of for pretty much any reason later, giving a potential scumHebi plenty of wriggle room, and are extremely easy to fabricate on any slot you have history on for any reason really
D I S C L A I M E R that i have to make every time for some reason:
not all meta is trash, only empty meta like this.
I can understand you calling it "trash", then, but do you consider it scummy? That is, do you think that just because it offers wriggle room to a potential scum Hebichan, that it's more likely to come from a scum Hebichan? The way I've phrased it I feel like the instinctual answer is "of course", but it seems to me that just because there may potentially be scum utility in a certain method of posting, that doesn't necessarily imply that it
comes
from scum. Town is just as capable of phrasing things, explaining things or just making posts in general in such a method that would offer a lot of room as scum.

------
In post 300, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So far, I’m really liking Brian and android. Lots of genuine asking of questions, interactions. I think Mastina due to IC claim. Human seems to be trying hard to figure out this game. Muffin probably town as well. I dislike Hebi Mastina vote because you shouldn’t risk voting possible IC but don’t know if it’s AI or not, it’s just not a good vote.
VOTE: Nancy Drew 39

I'm going to talk a little bit about why I consider this a scumpost.

-I mean no offense by this statement, but I think these sorts of "surface level" reasons to townread others come a lot more from scum than from town. Town, uninformed of anyone else's alignment, are naturally distrustful; doubtful. Taking such reasons as "lots of asking questions" and "trying hard to figure out this game" as reasons to townread others is more likely to come from scum, who both:
1) Know everyone's alignment and thus do not require strong reasons to townread people
2) Need to pretend to be sorting people to keep up appearances.

Nancy mentioning Mastina and the IC claim along with the rest of her townreads goes entirely along with my second point there; it's simply mentioning something for the sake of mentioning something and appearing to be solving the game.

From a quick scan of the posts following this it seems others agree with me here, so I think I can leave it at this. I urge others to join me here.
You’d be wrong about the vote not about the read being surface level. My d1 reads are almost always surface level - especially scumreads until I eventually get into the game.

I haven’t voted yet because I don’t yet have a strong read. I mention Mastina because I think it’s a mistake to vote for someone on the base of a claim. unless you have solid reasons for disputing it. I think you’re likely town here who is clearly unfamiliar with my meta.

I jumped on what turned out to be a bad wagon in my last game on here and want to avoid making the same mistake. There has been a lot of suspicion on both Kade and Wisdom but think both of them have a high probability of being mislynchbait. Just like in my last game on here, most likely there’s at least one wolf on my wagon d1, probably not you or Brian.

I am perplexed but not that upset about the votes on me because, assuming town is smart enough to not mislynch me, my VCA for d1 is almost guaranteed to help me make correct reads d2 and I most certainly will. I’m the most curious to see if Necromancer peops jump on this because it will definitely be illuminating.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”