Titling Discussion

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1, vonflare wrote:whats ur favourite title(s) from the past
I don't have a good answer to this if I have to consider every title in the entire history of MS, but if restricted to only titles given under Psyche, my favorites are probably Hell in a Cell and Deus ex Machina.
Nexus wrote:Show us your application
The important parts of my application are summarized in the OP of this thread, so just read that imo
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:20 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Close enough for now.

New title thread should go up today sometime after SUPP finishes so if anyone wants to give any last minute feedback on titles or the titling process going forward before that happens, now would be an excellent time!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:22 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

For the record, since it was suggested in the thread itself, I don't think the title fairy thread is dying. It's receiving very few posts when titles aren't being nominated and that's not a problem. I could
maybe
be convinced that I should be doing something to call attention to the thread when nothing is happening, but it would need to be something more elegant than a contentless bump to the thread itself, which doesn't do much to change whether or not anyone has a title to nominate.

What I do think poses somewhat of an issue, and not necessarily a new one, is that the title fairy thread doesn't reach every corner of the site. We got a fun example of that with the title nomination for hiplop, which was based largely on happenings in the Large Social Game subforum. It immediately received a bunch of nths, but they were mostly from people with literally 0 posts in LSG. Awkward! I wound up reaching out to some people who would have a better idea of what was going on with the title and begging them to post and they were all amazing human beings about it and things were able to return to normal order pretty quickly, but it highlights what I believe to currently be the primary shortcoming of the thread - it appeals primarily to too narrow of a demographic within the site.

Reaching out directly to people who might have valuable contributions to make to a particular title discussion has proven effective so far, but it's a limited approach that only reaches a small number of users and that might or might not bring people to the thread who will want to continue posting there in the future. I'd said I was considering trying to draw more attention to active title discussions perhaps through site chat or the MS discord, but I've shied away from any such thing thus far because, while it seemed like a good idea to me in the abstract, in practice I've been concerned it would make things uncomfortable somehow for the potential titlee to have that happen under their nose. I wonder if perhaps I should be trying to do something of that sort anyway, in the hopes of reaching a wider group of users, some of whom might be interested in participating in the thread in the future.

I don't know. Am I wrong about this specifically being a problem? Is there a bigger problem to be dealt with? Is there a solution worth pursuing?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

It's pretty rare for titles to be based off of individual mafia games, so I'm not sure that indiscriminately reminding people about the title fairy thread in post-game would be the best idea. It wouldn't serve no function, but it seems like there must be a better way of going about this somehow.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:31 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 43, Psyche wrote:i think it might be a good idea to actively engineer discussion in the title thread every so often so it stays in the public consciousness
I'd decided against starting discussions on titles because my opinions by necessity carry more weight and I didn't think it would be a positive to have the titling process start with that. Do you feel differently about that/did you have something else in mind?

Return to “Player Titles”