Dance of the Title Fairy: A Froggy Fandango

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Dance of the Title Fairy: A Froggy Fandango

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hello, and welcome to the title thread. I'm DeathRowKitty and I will be your Title Fairy this evening.

What is this thread for?

This thread is for titles, of course! Titles are those bits of text or occasionally tiny images that go below usernames. Most users have default titles that are based solely on their post count, but users can also be given special custom titles. This thread is for those special custom titles.

How do people get these titles?

Overall, it's quite simple:
  • Someone nominates a user for a title
  • A bunch of users agree that it's a good title, usually by posting
    2nd
    or
    3rd
    or
    8999th
    or
    nth

• I agree that it's a good title
  • The user says that they want the title
  • The user gets the title
In practice, it can be a tiny bit more complicated and not everyone will agree on whether or not any particular title should be given out. For a good title nomination that receives negligible resistance, 5 users agreeing with the nomination should usually be enough, but other factors may be taken into consideration. For more controversial titles, support from additional users and a decent explanation or two will go a long way. "Anti-noms," while not official, will be taken into consideration if they come with decent reasons or if there are simply a large number of them. I will be more likely to approve titles that receive greater support, but support alone does not guarantee anything. If I reject a title nomination, I will do my best to be clear about why.

Which titles should I nominate?

Custom titles on Mafiascum are generally considered to be gifts from the MS community. You should nominate people for titles that you think they would be happy to receive as gifts. A title should reference something special about who the user is or something they've done on site and it should do so in a clever or interesting or fun way. Wordplay is a common tool for making this happen, but there's no one set model of what a good title must be. For examples of titles that have been approved in the past, I would recommend checking out some of the recent Title Fairy threads, linked at the bottom of this post. I will also note that, while titles based off of MS-related incidents that occur off of the site may be accepted, they will be held to a higher standard.

Which titles should I not nominate?

You probably weren't asking this and most of this section should be common sense, but it seems important anyway. You should not nominate:
  • a title for yourself. You will not receive the title and other users may find it annoying that you tried this. If there are title nominations for you in consideration in the thread, be careful about giving too much feedback or input - while declining a specific title or set of titles that's currently in discussion for you is perfectly fine, going too far beyond that may cause users to become uncomfortable with the current proceedings.
  • a title based on an ongoing mafia game. No matter how great the title is, it can (and will) wait until the game finishes.
  • a mean-spirited title. Mean-spirited titles will not be given out.
  • titles based solely on usernames.
  • titles that could equally well apply to a large number of people. Titles are meant to be special and unique.
  • titles for users who are very new. While there's no set rule for how long a user has to have been on site in order to receive a custom title, someone who's just finished their first newbie game and posted nowhere else on site probably shouldn't be getting title nominations.
  • a title based on something that is clearly bad. No titles will be given for self-hammering as town or eating babies.
  • a title that you expect to lose relevance very quickly. An inside joke that will be funny for 2 weeks and then never heard again does not make for a good title. I do, however, want to emphasize that titles don't need to last forever. People can and do ask for their titles to be removed and people who already have titles can be nominated for new ones with or without first requesting to have their old titles removed. Just try to be reasonable.
What are the rules here?

The title thread is supposed to be a fun and light-hearted thread. Occasional joke nominations and small amounts of off-topic posting that come about naturally are perfectly fine and often enjoyable, but if it gets out of hand, I will start deleting posts and if I get the sense that you're using this thread as your own personal off-toipc shitposting thread, you very well may be warned or temporarily banned from the title forum. Aside from that, don't be a dick and follow site rules and we'll all get along just fine.

Titles Awarded

Drench - crucial waukesha voter
the worst - Snuggly Duckling
hiplop - Jury Darling
Chickadee - Slightly Sketchy

Previous title threads can be found here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:47 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 19, Elbirn wrote:Hi DRK it's my job to naysay all titles I look forward to working with you
Perfect! Maybe if you do that enough, I won't have to do it at all.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Having a duck-related title for the worst makes sense, but the reasoning for "Gives a Duck" feels a bit shoehorned in to make the wordplay work. Perhaps either another direction for that title or confirmation that the worst really does care about things in a way that stands out would be good.

Also the period in Psyche's current title is practically criminal and I can't believe it's been there all this time.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, that'll do.

I'll give at least 24 hours from the time of this post for there to be hints of worthwhile objection and we can go from there.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:09 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 67, Nexus wrote:mate ducks aren't unique on this site.

my twitter handle has been nexustheduck for like 7 years.
There's a clear difference between having "duck" as a part of your twitter handle and becoming widely recognized on the site for being a duck. Do a search for "duck" or "duckling" - it's mostly people referring to the worst. It's definitely a thing in site chat and there was an entire avatar trend based around his duck avatar. I think it's fair to say that he's been recognized as a duck to an extent that is unique on this site - with the exception of lalaladucks, but she has "duck" in her username, so that's different.

The other half of the title is the half I had concerns about, either for being insufficiently applicable to the worst or for being insufficiently unique to him. I've found the detailed explanations of the title very lacking, mostly reading to me as "There exist specific ways in which it is accurate to say that the worst cares about things," which would not at all be a good basis for a title. However, no one else's agreement with the title has made it seem like that's how they view it and the extent to which people were willing to pile on to agree with the title speaks to something. I can't remember specific examples of this to reference, but titles based on basic positive traits have tended to attract people popping in to say that either they don't think the trait applies quite enough to the person or that it's not central enough to how they view the person to warrant a title. The main thing I'm holding out for in the current waiting period on this title is for people familiar with the worst to drop by and give some of that expected sort of feedback. In the absence of such feedback, I think simply having a large enough number of people agree that this is a large part of how they view the worst is sufficient.

All that having been said, I don't think it would be an
amazing
title, but, in the absence of disagreement that's more specific to the worst, I do think it ticks all of the required boxes and that "improving" upon it would likely involve taking it in a different direction entirely, something for which there doesn't seem to be any interest.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 73, Psyche wrote:the duck thing seems to be the only thing making it distinctive / giving it value as a title, so i'm talking about that
and i don't think it does a very good job of being distinctive
you mention that lalaladucks is different because her username has ducks in it, but i don't think it's that different;
the key thing is that when i think of ducks and mafiascum at the same time, the worst simply isn't the first user to come to mind
lalaladucks is the first user that comes to mind when I think of ducks and mafiascum, at least in part because I interact with her
a lot
more than I interact with the worst, but I wouldn't find a title containing "duck" to be at all fitting for her and that's what makes it different. As far as Mafiascum goes, "(lalala)ducks" is a
name
. It's what we call her, but it's not who she is. the worst has a name and people call him "duck" and "duckling" instead because they find it more fitting.

If even people who interact more often with the worst associate him less with ducks than they do lalaladucks, then I think you have a very fair point, but I don't think it's the case (and I welcome people to come in and correct me if I'm wrong)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I don't actually get the "generic brand snark attack" comment ELI5 pls
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 88, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 64, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 59, Ginngie wrote:we have to wait for Khan to post first

there are rules
I'll act as a stand in
That doesn't really come across as a "friendly jibe".
I left that post unchecked because it seemed playful to me but in hindsight I think I just skipped past the gif.

I will be stricter about this in the future so please no mean-spirited posts
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

idk but it's better than his old title

Meme police is still not happening (and I don't even think Elbirn would want it anyway?) so no need to nth that one more.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

My concern with the crucial Waukesha angle is that
no one will spell it correctly
it will lead to titles whose meanings are muddled. "Crucial Waukesha County" as a self-chosen location is able to pack a decent amount of meaning into just the one reference in a way that I think is difficult for a community-chosen title to match and it risks his title being little more than a location reference.

I do think there's a good title out there for him that involves voting though.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #167 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:07 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I thought more about my concerns with the possible Drench title (as expressed here). I do think the crucial Waukesha reference loses some of its flair as a title rather than a location, but it's strong enough that it shouldn't ever become just a location reference, even if his location were to change. Other concerns about the title (forced/inaccessible) have been heard, but I disagree with them.

I'll leave 24 hours mostly just as a formality in case anyone wants to nominate Drench for something else, but
crucial waukesha voter
is otherwise approved.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #168 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:10 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 165, Psyche wrote:bro's title is out of date by the way
did u figure if your title should lose the period

im not going to require it to go through a whole process or anything if you want that its just punctuation
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #169 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:15 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

OTHER THINGS THAT WERE HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD BUT HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPENING IN THE LAST PAGE OR SO:

-Elbirn was being nommed for titles related to
quality assurance
. I would not have approved any of the nominations that were proposed so far, but let's not forget about Elbirn just because we remembered Drench!

-I guess I never explicitly said this but
Gives a Duck
for the worst received enough of the negative feedback I was looking for to not be willing to approve it. I tried to think of other duck-related title directions that would make sense and came up blank, but maybe someone more clever or witty has an idea they think would work?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:35 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Yeah sorry I don't know why I capitalized it in that post, I knew better and just autopiloted I guess.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #176 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Crucial Waukesha County now officially has a new crucial waukesha voter!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #206 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I like it!

Talk me down or this is happening
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

No.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #213 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

He hasn't posted in over 7 months. He will not be receiving a title at this time.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Is it a problem in general for titles to be cutesy or do you just dislike it in this particular case?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #218 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I thought a lot about your complaints and taken as a whole, I'm having trouble parsing them at all. It seems as though maybe you just really dislike this title on some sort of gut level and it's making you hate everything about it?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #222 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:17 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

It is not just a title based on an avatar. the worst
is
a duckling and that would continue to be true if he were to change his avatar.

I'll give Snuggly Duckling until tonight to kick around. While it's not meaningless that Pine so strongly feels that the title isn't fitting, he's seemingly isolated on that and the worst can reject the title if he doesn't think it fits.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #235 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The current set of noms is losing the cleverness of "Snuggly Duckling" and not gaining anything for it.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #250 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Alright, a bit to unpack here

To those objecting that Snuggly Duckling is bad because it's just an avatar-based title, I think the sentiment is misguided. The (slightly annoying tbh) avatar trend that formed around the worst's duckling avatar was memorable and the worst is known widely as a duckling. While that image was created partly with the help of the avatar, it's one that would persist if he were to change to a non-duckling avatar and I think that's the relevant test here. Avatars can help give rise to titleworthy situations. As long as the title is able to stand independently of the continuing existence of the avatar, I fail to see the problem.

To the comment that Snuggly Duckling is a worse version of Snark Attack, I really hope "is as good as Snark Attack" isn't the standard to which we have to hold ourselves for titles or almost none will be approved.

Regarding the objection that "Snuggly" is unfitting, I do think the title is fitting as is and, while I respect the objection enough to have delayed 48 hours to give it time to play out, nominations coming from this direction were just strictly worse so....

Snuggly Duckling
is basically approved, you all have 24 hours to yell about capitalization or try to lead a last minute bandwagon onto something else.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Also, I deleted the previous 4 posts because they shouldn't really have been made in this thread and I don't want the thread to derail.

If you think your own title is bad, you can ask to have it removed. If you want to discuss title quality/mediocrity in general, you probably belong in the Titling Discussion thread. If you just want to shitpost about your own title being mediocre, don't post.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #285 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

It's been close enough to 24 hours so the worst is now a snuggly duckling!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #310 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I wasn't sure which posts to delete, so I just haphazardly deleted half of the last page.

Titles don't need to be going out constantly and trying to force titles leads to...well, forced titles.

Not having titles up for discussion doesn't make this a shitposting thread though
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #312 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'm not interested in that fight. You can have a 24 hour break from this forum instead.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #344 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Davsto's suggestion is my favorite so far. Maybe we can give hiplop a title that's a picture of a tombstone with davsto's nomination written on it....
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #350 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

While I do find it memorable that hiplop got no 0s, I find it memorable because
hiplop
got no 0s. If Errantparabola or Cheetory6 or lalaladucks had gotten no 0s, it would just be another piece of trivia, but hiplop is kind of a goofy guy* who just really seems like he would have gotten a 0 from
someone
. Any title that just says "this guy got no 0s" is likely to fall very very flat.

*in a good way! luv u, hippo
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #373 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:03 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, I am clueless on survivor, someone help me out here. How memorable/noteworthy is it that hiplop 10-0'd? The mafiascum thread for that game seems pretty quiet about it...was everyone hyped in private conversations/on whatever outside forum/is it something that people generally still remember now more than a year later? How does Chevre's objection play into all of this?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #390 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Thank you people who explained the title because I very much did not understand it...I didn't realize at all that it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek even <_<

My takeaway from the explanations of LSG people is that the title as it pertains to survivor has a pretty clear concept and it's one I like. The same concept largely applies to hiplop's zero-less SUPP performance imo, so that's good, but I do think the jump between the survivor aspect of the title and the SUPP aspect of the title is a bit of a weak point because...well..."jury" is a bit of a weird term to be applying to SUPP. Is that a problem? I don't think it's a fatal issue but perhaps there's some way it could be improved. If there's a better way of expressing the same sentiment, maybe we can find it. If not, I'm ok with it.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #392 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:36 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay then if there are any final objections to Jury Darling for hiplop speak now or forever hold your peace
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #393 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

You all held your peace and hiplop is now a Jury Darling
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #396 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:50 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

You saw nothing!

is this the correct one? pls someone tell me if it's not
edit: i'm pretty sure it wasn't the correct one but i think i got it this time
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #402 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

When there are titles to be given, this thread will come to life.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #417 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 416, vonflare wrote:alright guys here's my thoughts

shitposting is necessary to the title thread. it keeps it bumped at the top of peoples' egosearches, and makes it highly visible for those who might think of a good title. multi-week droughts of activity in this thread is not conducive to a healthy title community, but in the time where there are no good titles to be given the thread can still be kept alive and relevant via off-topic discussion. This also allows the off-topic discussion to sort of morph into a title discussion when something noteworthy is brought up. There have been many times when a title has been brought up inside an off-topic discussion, or someone is nommed for a joke title and people are like "hey we should brainstorm an actual good title for this person"

I understand that drk has the incentive to flex on the shitposters by temp-banning them since this was most likely part of his pitch to psyche to 'improve' the thread and kk likes to pretend he's still a mod but these things are wholly uncondusive to good titles being born through organic discussion.
There are a handful of users who check this thread religiously. I'm glad that they do. It is a good thing. The problem is that when this thread becomes a shitposting thread for those users, it becomes a thread in which almost no one else wants to participate. No offense to all of you lovelies who frequent this thread, but you're a pretty small slice of the site. I believe that the value that gets lost when the title fairy thread falls off of people's radar as just another shitposting thread is greater than the value that's gained from reminding those same regulars that this thread exists.

Anyway, I responded here because you posted here and it was vaguely on topic with the current posting in this thread, but if you do want to discuss this, please take it to this other thread.

Regarding the very serious title nom for this thread, I chuckled at it initially but it stopped being funny and I hope we are all done discussing that nomination.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #434 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:26 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'm not sure these title noms really capture anything about Postie.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #470 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:45 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The current nom seems to be very much the kind of thing where you really had to have been there. There's nothing on-site that someone can look at and say "oh yeah Chickadee's title is
pew pew
because of things like this". Either you were there or you weren't and if you weren't there, the explanation that she knew a lot about laser tag at a scum meet is just....really boring and hardly even seems related to Chickadee's MS presence.

Besides, you're supposed to create a forced meme about it first and have that catch on so you can claim it's not just a meet-related title.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #475 (isolation #38) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:56 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 472, xyzzy wrote:even if you weren't at Toronto Meet, Chickadee's knowledge and enthusiasm for laser tag was a thing she'd talked about extensively elsewhere
The obvious search gives 3 results, 2 of which are from the same thread, and I can't recall seeing it discussed in site chat, though that's certainly easier to miss. This does not at all seem "extensive".
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #478 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:17 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Reiterating that one person (you) associated Chickadee with laser tag doesn't further the idea that it's something she's known for on MS. It means that it's something you knew about her.

Anyway, if others would like to chime in and correct the record for me, we can come back to this (preferably with something more clever than "pew pew"), but for now this is just a hard no.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #481 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:48 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Judging by Chickadee's GTKAS answer (which I'm guessing is where Maruchan got that information), I would say that it's really not true.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #492 (isolation #41) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:28 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 487, Maruchan wrote:My username for the site was based off of the closest item to me when i was registering for the site.

I now willingly go by maru anytime I am around scummers, have changed my name from TheGavin on other websites to Maruchan, have multiple discord handles set to Maruchan, and have accepted that as a secondary "go to" option for internet username (behind the name mrcheeste0 I have used since 3rd grade)

Obviously, my discord handle is Maruchan based off of the fact that I ate maruchan noodles and left the packaging on my desk back in July 2011. Duh.
Is your point here that your discord title should be "Mafia"...? I think that's a terrible discord title for you, but I don't think discord has titles at all and if they do I have no power over them, so you're really barking up the wrong tree here, sorry.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #496 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 496, vonflare wrote:what does this post even mean
It was my way of pointing out that she doesn't make sense while matching her passive-aggressiveness a little. It's strange how worked-up people are getting over this nomination.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #499 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:53 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Alright, you can have a 3 day ban from titles.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #636 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

There's a general lack of clarity to the nominations that have been made. Quickdraw is snappy and references both art and lasers, but I don't think it does either thing
well
. You don't draw a laser tag gun (or do you? I don't think you do....) and it makes it sound as though the speed of Chickadee's art is what makes it notable. Precision brushstroke doesn't make a particularly good reference to lasers and the attempt to do so weakens it as far as its ability to reference her art. I get that there's interest here in getting both of these things into a title, but the nominations that are coming out of it are forced and I think either dropping the laser component or waiting a bit will lead to something better here.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #696 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

A title for which no on-site context exists necessarily starts out at a disadvantage because someone who isn't "in" on such a title can't ever expect to gain a first-hand appreciation of why the user was given that title. It's great that a handful of scummers had a memorable experience with Chickadee and laser tag in Toronto, but it's not a concept that's strong enough to survive on its own as something that happened off-site. I'm not entirely against it being cleverly woven into a title that does take into account Chickadee's on-site presence, but every attempt along that line has just weakened the accessible portion of the title. It's stated in the OP that titles based on meets will be held to a higher standard and I do intend for that to remain the case.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #773 (isolation #46) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:47 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'll give people until tonight to be able to object to the Cupcake nomination because it's exciting and dramatic if I pretend theres a chance I might reject it.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #779 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Cupcake is approved btw but Katsuki hasn't decided whether or not to accept it yet so etc
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #815 (isolation #48) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:40 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I don't understand Slightly Sketchy. Can someone explain it for me please?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #844 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'll weigh in on this better later but for now I'll just say that this line of nominations is acceptable and that I definitely have a preference for one of the two that have been suggested but I can't figure out which one it is atm.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #850 (isolation #50) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:32 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay so having thought about it, I do prefer Slightly Sketchy to just Sketchy

To be quite honest, the "light" thing would be a point against it, if I thought it were something that would be commonly looked at as being a part of the title, since, if it were to reference something, it would seem as though it were referencing the art. However, I don't think that comes across at all and so it can stand alone as a lackluster easter egg, if it's something people want to mention when explaining the title. Yay.

Overall, I think Sketchy alone is fine, but I do think that it reads differently. I think the softening effect of having "Slightly" before it helps to separate out the components of the title in a way that makes it seem less like there might be something actually negative being referenced.

Unless support for one of the two versions disappears in the near future, I'm just going to approve both and let Chickadee decide on what she wants.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #852 (isolation #51) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I don't know what you think you're accomplishing by quoting that without its context and giving a nasty response to it, but I'm going to guess that what you think you're accomplishing is different from what you're actually accomplishing. Also, I'm the queen of titles, not the king, and you should fucking bow before me, peasant.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #865 (isolation #52) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:18 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Chickadee is now Slightly Sketchy!
and probably not a serial killer
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #882 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Yes yes, happy face day etc
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #946 (isolation #54) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:19 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

A title based on PMing inte for those kinds of pictures is not happening. :?

This does make me curious if there's a way to make a PM button title look good on every theme though hmmm experimentation may be in order...
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1012 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Are the noms for And They Don't Stop Coming meant to be serious? Because his current title is just a better version of that.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1086 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

A title advertising someone's young age is.....uncomfortable. Let's not do that.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1095 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

all of ur nonsense has been purged indiscriminately, even the funny nonsense

if ever there were a tyrant, i am one
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1136 (isolation #58) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hey, loves! Sorry for my recent absence.

That's Not All, Folks!
for Boonskiies might make sense if the BooneyToonz games had any connection to Looney Tunes, aside from the name. As far as I can tell, there's one game that had pictures of Looney Tunes characters in the votecounts and nothing else in any of the games that's in any way related. I quite like the BooneyToonz pun, it sounds nice as a name for a game, but the pun is of course not a good basis for a title. So to sum up, no.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1223 (isolation #59) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:25 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sorry Sorry I'm here, I'm real, and I'm spectacular.

I don't have great context on the Banana Split nom. Can someone explain what a 6-6-6-6 split is/CaptainMeme's part in it/have any links they can direct me to that will make this title in general easier to digest for someone whose knowledge on MS is approximately zero?

Return to “Player Titles”