ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2255, Zoronos wrote:I would normally agree, but it wasn’t a simple chainsaw. He wasn’t just attacking ofhrz’s attackers, he was loudly proclaiming she was town.

*shrug*
There’s a ‘too blatant to be scum’ element to it, yeah. But there’s a spectrum here, and that was *really* blatant.
I also rethought this during night phase and I see why you're right now, specifically because ofrhz was a possible lynch at the time
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:10 am

Post by ruru »

Also I think if that d2 situation happens again I think I'm just lolhammering pin the first time he got to L1

I almost did it and dragging out the day pretty much only gave scum extra role information

If I get shot for being a cop suspect because of it then that's good I think because scum needed to shoot cop or cop's target n2 to win anyway
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 am

Post by ruru »

Thanks for hosting a50! You made the game a lot more entertaining :D
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:17 am

Post by pinturicchio »

ruru I'm so proud of you, it's been a long way since Newbie 1859 where you made us lose the game, now look at you, catching your ex partner :lol:
It was fun, but I blame myself for my D1, I think I could've been read as town if I didn't have IRL problems at that time.
Duckling I really wanted to have more fun in thread with you but I couldn't :(

By the way guys, I said it sometimes before, but this is my last game until who knows when! It has been great playing with all of you, I love challenges, and this place sure provides them! Hope to see you around!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2427, ruru wrote:
Thanks for hosting a50! You made the game a lot more entertaining :D
I'm blushing :oops:

Which reminds me.. what were we supposed to discuss post-game???

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:39 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2428, pinturicchio wrote:ruru I'm so proud of you, it's been a long way since Newbie 1859 where you made us lose the game, now look at you, catching your ex partner :lol:
So I guess I just always make you lose as scum? Maybe you shouldn't sign games with me in them :lol:
It was fun, but I blame myself for my D1, I think I could've been read as town if I didn't have IRL problems at that time.
I was like passively scumreading you d1, but I feel like your d1 isn't too easy to read anyway

I think the cop question which I guess was eod1 and that one post d2 which gutpinged me really strongly (actually way more strongly than I indicated, because I wanted to see the HA wagon and I didn't want to out myself further by pushing you when you could be vig) is what screwed you over

Sorry again about the RL issues :cry:
Duckling I really wanted to have more fun in thread with you but I couldn't :(

By the way guys, I said it sometimes before, but this is my last game until who knows when! It has been great playing with all of you, I love challenges, and this place sure provides them! Hope to see you around!
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:42 am

Post by ruru »

Oops, I hit submit by accident

Anyway I hope you come back soon, I enjoy playing with you
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2429, Almost50 wrote:I'm blushing :oops:

Which reminds me.. what were we supposed to discuss post-game???
Probably something related to this? :lol:
ruru wrote:jjh voters: northsidegal, the worst, ruru, BlackStar (?), HeWhoSwims,
ofrhz,
Mathdino,
HWS voters: davesaz, ofrhz, BlackStar, <- Interesting because HWS literally asked what JK should do at the start of the day, I had him as likely JK for the whole day until jjh claimed
tw voters: HitAlt, jjh927, ofrhz, Mathdino,
SS voters: ruru, pinturicchio, Zoronos
ofrhz voters: ruru, northsidegal, BlackStar, the worst, HeWhoSwims,

Md asking for JK crumbs actually makes no sense, I have no idea what's happening with him this game

Like obviously jjh was 99% scum as there's no real reason for hws to fakeclaim (he could fakeclaim cop/vig and either draw another claim out of town or survive the day if he got lynched next)

Suppose jjh crumbed and HWS didn't, would md seriously advocate lynching HWS? Super weird...

Likely nks (if I were scum anyway):
Md > HWS > nsg > zoro/ruru

Actually likely nk: HWS

Vigpool:
{BlackStar, Something_Smart, ofrhz, the worst, pinturicchio, davesaz}

BlackStar: Kinda weird treatment of jjh slot. I think I should sheep nsg and not shoot him for now though?

Something_Smart: Would probably move me up the NK list. Likely scum, policy-worthy regardless, and if he's actually playing like this because he's cop
in a setup with vig
then I'm policy lynching him every game in the future because I'm sure there are ways to avoid the NK without literally doing nothing all game

ofrhz: Interesting defense of jjh but not sure if it's what scum would actually do in that position. Not being very useful town, but I kinda townread her AtE. Very bad voting overall, shooting her might move me up the NK list too although I did stop showing suspicion toward the end of the day.

the worst: Voted well although jjh could have been a bus according to nsg. More likely to be doctor than rolecop I think, which makes him a better shot. Technically he could be cop but I hate his gameplay if he is. Unfortunately also a reasonably likely doc target if he's town, especially if the rolecop isn't in {ofrhz, SS}, and that would be a major disaster. Between HA and nsg he'll probably be a big distraction d2 if he's town. Md's eod defense of him was interesting (although it could easily be any of town defending a townread, town defending a scumread to try to mess with doctor, town trying to fake PR read him to get him shot, scum defending scum, etc.). Not shooting him after I doctor-read him in the thread might reduce my chances of getting shot too. Or maybe they will just shoot me for talking too much about vig/doc (which is something I would probably be doing even more if I were VT really...) Anyway not sure this is the best shot.

pinturicchio: Policy-worthy AtE posts and I noticed two things I've only seen from him as scum. If he's going to be "different" all game as town due to RL then that's also worth just policy vigging. Losing someone with a cop check ability on me is decently -EV but I'm not getting lynched in this game anyway so whatever. Only problem is 999 which I'm not sure is in his scumrange.

davesaz: Really bad voting but kinda towny bad and over an admittedly small sample size his town winrate is much better than his scum winrate so policy vigging him seems inappropriate.
Now given that philosophy, if someone has a mysterious read D1 and refuses to explain it, they're scum.
This is scummy logic though

Peekpool:
{Md, SS, BlackStar, pinturicchio, HA, davesaz, ofrhz, tw}

Peek blackstar town seems plausible (kinda null and unlikely to get shot by either faction) and doesn't interfere with my d2 activities
If blackstar is shot:
* Peek blackstar town (maybe causes scum to PR read me because who would make that up? and I doubt everyone plans peeks during night phase)
* Peek HA town?

Hopefully the actual cop will check Blackstar or HA or something because I feel like checking nulltown is a lot better than checking nullscum in a setup with vig

Ugh, this kinda implicates me but I feel like it's objectively best and unlikely to get wifom-docced

ofrhz/davesaz should wait for town consensus although if it was lylo I'd probably shoot one of them instead

ruru shoots Something_Smart
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

Ah.. yeas. Well, now you know BlackStar could not have checked himself. Interesting that you had both living scums at the bottom of your read list (considering you said Dave was "towny bad") yet have decided to shoot S_S anyhow. (Btw, I always use S_S for Something_Smart because -to me- SS is SnarkySnowman).

I was a bit worried while reading your PM that you;d end up shooting BlackStar (that would have changed the game proceedings dramatically, not only because the town would lose the Cop but because Dino would be the prime suspect because of that kill, and then you would have to claim to save him...)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:58 am

Post by the worst »

In post 2428, pinturicchio wrote:Duckling I really wanted to have more fun in thread with you but I couldn't
I understand that :( I think timing was as much our enemy as anything else.
At least we can still have fun outside the thread! :D
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2434, the worst wrote:
In post 2428, pinturicchio wrote:Duckling I really wanted to have more fun in thread with you but I couldn't
I understand that :( I think timing was as much our enemy as anything else.
At least we can still have fun outside the thread! :D
Am I invited (if not I'm gonna crash the party anyway) :twisted:

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:03 am

Post by the worst »

you're always invited A50! the more the merrier!
In post 2433, Almost50 wrote:Ah.. yeas. Well, now you know BlackStar could not have checked himself. Interesting that you had both living scums at the bottom of your read list (considering you said Dave was "towny bad") yet have decided to shoot S_S anyhow. (Btw, I always use S_S for Something_Smart because -to me- SS is SnarkySnowman).

I was a bit worried while reading your PM that you;d end up shooting BlackStar (that would have changed the game proceedings dramatically, not only because the town would lose the Cop but because Dino would be the prime suspect because of that kill, and then you would have to claim to save him...)
this would have been spicy as hell :lol:
--
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:26 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2433, Almost50 wrote:Interesting that you had both living scums at the bottom of your read list (considering you said Dave was "towny bad") yet have decided to shoot S_S anyhow. (Btw, I always use S_S for Something_Smart because -to me- SS is SnarkySnowman).
I guess a large part of my eventual reason for shooting SS is that I vanilla-or-scum-read both him and tw, but I thought scum would be vanilla-reading tw too and he was universally scumread meaning they might try to frame him with doctor (also, not wanting to throw the game if the dinosaur had a really good reason for leaving tw alive)

And I really didn't want to shoot into a doc save because the nightkill is overpowered so I wanted poe as fast as possible. It felt pretty constricting trying to not shoot a PR, not shoot a doc save, not shoot a townread, and not implicate myself

It was unfortunate that I was also the one really pushing SS d1 (but like, wifom, so whatever I guess?), and that the other player who had him at the bottom of her readslist got shot n1, which I wasn't entirely expecting

I didn't realize I would actually end up shooting him until the nightphase

Not shooting pin was definitely a mistake made by not reading more of his meta though
He was probably my least serious consideration

I respect nsg's reads a lot more than my own (also why I felt better shooting SS)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Most of those points do make sense, and my death probably benefitted town as I would have tried to shut down a pintu wagon (though I would also probably have pushed the worst). Not hitting the doc save was very important and you making yourself obvious, which I complained about in the dead thread, wasn't as big of a deal because scum would be better off focusing on the cop.

Although I do object to the assumption that I would have continued to not do much and would have needed to be policy lynched, because I work better with flips and I was V/LA for two consecutive weekends :P
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:46 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2438, Something_Smart wrote:scum would be better off focusing on the cop
Yes, also surviving n1 matters a lot more than n2 anyway, so not implicating myself was kind of my lowest priority

I would likely not play this way in a different setup
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:05 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

I think I can solve this game now. Mathdino is scum!

That's it, I win!
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 am

Post by the worst »

In post 2440, ManWithNoName wrote:I think I can solve this game now. Mathdino is scum!

That's it, I win!
that's what I said! none of these fuckers listened!
--
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:11 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

In post 2441, the worst wrote:
In post 2440, ManWithNoName wrote:I think I can solve this game now. Mathdino is scum!

That's it, I win!
that's what I said! none of these fuckers listened!
I was observing and said to myself "What if the scum is actually just one person who only thinks he is town?"

Then I came to the conclusion that mod error meant that Math didn't realize he was scum AND would flip town.
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 am

Post by the worst »

I thought I was a reverse-death-miller.
death-godfather.

I was robbed!
--
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 am

Post by ofrhz »

gg

Thanks for modding A50!
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Very late but thanks for the modding and the dad jokes A50 (Actually50)

Return to “Completed Open Games”