Micro 809: Greatest Idea - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Ayo

VOTE: F A C
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:23 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 17, ManWithNoName wrote:Should we all explain our discard?
I suppose we can, so long as we don't hint at our current roles as it really isn't useful unless we're a lynch target.

I discarded compulsive childkiller because I didn't want to kill someone who claims innocent child. Mod confirmed for me that only town can claim innocent child. So, that would only hurt the wincon chances for my faction.

Thusly, I wanted nothing to do with that card. The rest is history.
Goodbye
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Didn't dish out a lot of content regarding my reads my last game as town, so I want to fix that right off the bat especially since there's a lot more info to go off of.

Doesn't feel like we're going to get a whole lot of substance from the reasons people discarded a particular card. So, here's a couple livelier questions I think can get us going:

Which discard are you feeling is most likely to be town-motivated? And which one scum/independent faction-motivated?

For
town-motivated
, I'll choose kop's discard of Mafia Godfather. That's a powerful card to dispense of if they elected to be scum. Getting innocent on cop results is
powerful
. Far and away the most powerful scum card anyone dispensed of. Also going to place gemini in my early
town
bin because I think it is unlikely anyone draws 2 mafia cards, and I do not find it likely somebody ditches a mafia card to go independent.

For
scum-motivated
, I choose ceejayvinoya. He was the only one that discarded a card that could work to town's benefit.

Also, taking a hard glance at Frederick A Campbell for
scum-motivated
. Getting rid of a survivor card gives me the impression he didn't feel comfortable going it alone as scum, which may imply him preferring a mafia faction in this game. I am comfortable leaving my vote there for now.

@gemini, @kop especially interested in what you 2 respond with to these questions.

I am going to voice a slight townlean so far on manwithnoname, even though his votes have seemed very misguided.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Uh,
@mod: is there an invisible vote in play? Or is that 1 in the not voting column an accident?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

@ceejayvinoya: I can think of several good uses for your 1-shot commuter card.

1). if you are town, you would have been much wiser to use the commuter card as your color card because I
sincerely
doubt you have 2 town cards better than that. The fact that you didn't use that card for at least your color concerns me.

2). with that card, there's a long list of things you can do:
- redirect scum kill
- try and draw a NK a particular night, then use it on yourself
- in typical endgame situations for town, you could extend the game for town a full extra day via there being no NK for scum
- if you roleclaim commuter, you'll be a tough nightkill choice for scum to go with, as long as you don't give any indication what night you commute
- as long as you don't get lynched, this card is a dangerous one town can use. you could officially claim your role as commuter during mass roleclaim or if in a lynchable spot, thus preventing scum from targeting you at all.
and so on... i thought of more, but since forgot them. if anyone thinks of others, please do state them!
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

You can technkcally redirect scum kills if you first claim your role, because more than likely they would not NK you then ceejay, whereas they might before that claim would happen.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 67, ceejayvinoya wrote:
Assume I picked that role and somehow avoided being nightkilled with it. What will I do? Will I just claim? Will anyone believe me?

How will that further solve the game?
Congratulations, you just potentially bought town another night if in LYLO!

Also, you allow all town players to stay alive to interpret things based off the lynch flip from the previous day phase. Obviously, it's more beneficial to town to have more players for our faction alive than less.

And absolutely if there's no nightkill a particular night, your commuter role would be believable. We could use the information to sort out who we think attempted to kill you once we buy the theory of you being targeted by the NK.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:07 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Still feeling F_A_C being scum; none of their content so far has convinced me otherwise. They seem to be laying low, if anything, right now. If they are town, I'd enjoy seeing a larger pro-town contribution.

I am apt to join the ceejayvinoya wagon, though, if things start to progress that way.

I'm null in a town-leaning direction for invisibility right now, so I'll officially mark them nulltown. Still, would like to see more content from them before committing hard in any particular direction.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

I think we are infinitely better off as town pressuring some wagons that can get some backing rather than fanning our votes out as widely as they are right now. I mean, 7 people with 1 vote, and 2 people not voting. We can play
better
than this.

Besides, if there's no clear majority vote going on, what scum would possibly be threatened?

@FAC - why are you voting kop? not a lynch wagon i'm willing to see under any circumstances. explain to me why kop would discard the mafia godfather card if he's anything but town.
@ceejayvinoya - you placed me as a possible townread in one of your recent posts; thus, I think your vote would serve a better and more pro-town purpose going elsewhere. any early scumreads for you?
@Not_Mafia - i would like to see a little more substance to your posting [1]. if you can't explain your scum read at all, then it'll be hard for anyone to join you. especially given that you're a complete null read to virtually everyone so far. if you got some sort of proof that maestro is scum, then please present it. we'll lynch him accordingly. also, any townreads?
@Maestro, i would like to see a little more substance to your posting [2]. who are you townreading so far?
@kop, @gemini: do any of the current wagons with a vote on them appeal to you? if so, which?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:56 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Ditto what manwithnoname said, I don't think it's a good thing for everyone to claim alignment cards. Too early for that. Let's let scum squirm a little

Frederick Campbell, however, might be wise to claim both his alignment card and his playing card, to potentially have us look at another target.

Nobody else claim!
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 am

Post by stungun0404 »

We can prioritize the claims of lynch targets who we feel may be scum; also if somebody claims a strong town color alignment card, then scum would be more likely to nk them. Do we want that? No.

Also, limits the pool scum could pick their potential town-aligned cards for their safe claims from. I'd rather we unlock this information on people we
feel
are scum first, that's all. What's the benefit of having townreads claim?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 am

Post by stungun0404 »

I'm tempted to think whichever of maestro or not_mafia claims first is more likely town. I'll throw that bone out there and see who fetches it.

really neither has given me much of a pro-town feeling though yet
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

game reads please fac. game reads
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

i feel fine putting ceejay in my null pile for now. not completely convinced he's town, but i'm surely not ready to lynch him yet.

fac, maestro, and not_mafia have all got my attention.

don't like the stalling by not_mafia. don't like not_mafia's linear focus on maestro being scum, either.

don't like the focus on expressing doubts about the logic we have pursued by fac. don't like the lack of pro-town content by fac. also don't like that fac has a vote on kop right now.

don't like the lack of town presence by maestro.

all are worthy D1 lynches as of now imho if we had to end the day with one right now.

@fac: are you an alt of someone? stumbled upon an alt/hydra thread which you posted in. if so, i'd like to know who
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Vote: not_mafia

fred claiming a unique role no one has countered puts him in the clear... for now. maestro and nm now need to be sorted out.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Hmm. Good point @manwithnoname.

Who here thinks FAC should roleclaim? I'm always cautiously against this D1 in general, but I'll say yes myself, because I feel like he's gonna be a distraction for us this day phase otherwise. If we get majority with 5 votes in support of this, he can do it.

Roleclaim (1): stungun0404
Do not roleclaim (0)

fred, you are allowed to vote yourself.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 154, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Fred role claiming could help us focus more on @N_M first and foremost.
I agree. Do you support fac claiming then?

right now
Roleclaim fac (2): stungun, mwnn
Don't roleclaim fac (0)
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:08 am

Post by stungun0404 »

a day vig or vigilante might be wise as of now to use it on fac, to avoid a potential use of the vengeful upon his lynch. he's also a potential lynch target.

look at the odds for some player drawing a day vig card; 3/76, almost as likely as a vanilla townie at 4/76. they are all 1-S, though.

this is why i want fac to role claim; and tell me maestro, what have you done that's even remotely town?

roleclaim (3): stungun, mwnn, gemini
don't roleclaim (2): invisibility, maestro

what is even remotely wrong with having scum suspects commit to revealing their color alignment card? reticence in giving that info is an automatic scum indication in my book.

therefore, scumread: nm AND maestro
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:01 am

Post by stungun0404 »

@ManWithNoName, what are your thoughts on Maestro?
@Maestro, what are your thoughts on ManWithNoName?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 183, Maestro wrote:What’re your thoughts on how much of an annoyingly controlling tool your posts make you seem like? I have a tech rehearsal tonight, you don’t get my time until after it.
1). Personal attacks have no place in this game. This is the second time you have done it. Quit, or stop playing mafia.

2). I reread the thread, and gathered some new information I wanted to explore. Questions are how you gather information for later, so I proposed one.

3). I got under your skin with this particular question, and I have a hunch as to why. I have asked you 3 questions. You didn't answer my first two, but this one got UNDER your skin. Neither of the other 2 are ones you should feel on the defense about, and I've done given you chances to voice some townreads and to make a case for yourself being town, but you answered neither prompt, and now you're defensive as hell when I ask you a question about the only person you've been responsive to in this thread, manwithnoname. You cap it off by making a personal attack on me. He's the only person you've asked a question to, and ALSO the only one you've responded to questions from. You didn't personally attack him. When you've literally made 11 posts in this thread, this is highly suspicious. What else do you want me to expect other than the potential case of you two being mafia partners? Well-played if so, because your personal attack defenses aren't gonna work.

Vote: Maestro

I insist that we lynch Maestro today, because he's scum and town would and should never have any incentive to act this way. Pure petty. ManWithNoName is possibly his scum partner, which would explain why this question got to Maestro. Clearest link I see in this game. Still, I'm willing to let MWNN make a case for himself/let a cop or something clear him because I had him as a townlean early on, but Maestro needs to get packing regardless.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 221, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Someone clue me in on the Maestro wagon?
In post 222, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Besides the lack of content or is that the main reason?
The way they have went about their lack of content seems like scum stalling to me personally. Also the way they countered the question I asked them defensively, and said they would return to dedicate game time later but have still not showed up. If you see something as scum stalling, it is absolutely a valid wagon to vote on. Scum love stalling because it stirs up town confusion, and allows them further time to plot a way to escape a given situation.

That said, I think it’s wise to wait to hammer until either maestro comes in here to defend himself, he gets a prod, or a potential replacement posts on his behalf.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 275, Not_Mafia wrote:I actually had to type multiple sentences and articulate myself in a reasonable fashion. This is so embarrassing.
Welcome to the crew you’ve been initiated into! We would be glad to continue to see your services in this fashion.

Still feeling Maestro scum. MWNN, maybe not, we can absolutely settle things moving forward, but definitely Maestro. A bit of MWNN’s content does have a townfeel to it, I do admit.

Preparing for travels this weekend, so my activity will continue to be limited.

@mod: how long of not picking up a prod would there have to be before maestro would potentially be replaced?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 251, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 178, stungun0404 wrote:
a day vig or vigilante might be wise as of now to use it on fac, to avoid a potential use of the vengeful upon his lynch. he's also a potential lynch target.

If you still want the vigilante to kill me, ask them to. If you don't, please tell them not to.
That’s... completely up to them, I just spitball theories and inform others of things I feel might be smart for town’s purpose, so no real comment here. I’m not heavily in favor of either side.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Can’t wait to see this flip!

I think we’ve caught scum, and I’m going to assume that’s the case until it’s proven otherwise.

Early good job to town today, if so.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Glad we won! I was stuck trying to find 2 mafia partners, and was on to ceejayvinoya next if we had not won. NM was an excellent night vig choice!

So, what was everybody’s roles? I was a town mason, and had a thread with geminitwin12.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:55 am

Post by stungun0404 »

OK! I had vanilla townie as my alignment card, and all 3 of my cards were town, so I couldn’t have been scum even if I had wanted to be.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:58 am

Post by stungun0404 »

And apologies for every doubting you, mwnn. gemini and i came to the conclusion overnight to trust you until you are proven scum, if it’s any consolation, though!
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 326, Not_Mafia wrote:gg town

but there was no informed minority in the game, so set-up should have been re-rolled
actually, the informed minority was town, with gemini and i; we knew conclusively from our roles neither of us were of mafia alignment, and we both came to the conclusion that neither of us were of indie alignment either, so being informed allowed us to hunt scum without searching in each other for a scum member.

also, i read over another greatest idea mafia where a town mason, after revealing their role, was still lynched d1, and flipped town—so talk about it being a bad move to let doubt creep in like that—especially when you are guaranteed the player isn’t of mafia alignment. plus, her mafia discard further influenced me she was town, so it would have taken a world of evidence against her for me to change my mind.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:29 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 321, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 320, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Will our moderator explain what happened?
Absolutely!

There were like 3 shots last night! Mafia shot was saved by the dead doc, the others were vigges. Mod PT will be released tomorrow
Oh, so i was the mafia shot, because gemini protected me!

who shot gemini, though?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 am

Post by stungun0404 »

i'm going to predict the vig was ceejay because of fac's concern about getting vigged by town, and ceejay's mention of upgrading his role from a 1-s commuter because he thought it would have more impact on the game.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:58 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 340, Invisibility wrote:i probed ceejay last night btw
all of town collaborated well, but mwnn wins town mvp imho for killing nm, because his role could have effed up every investigation result in the game; especially when combined with kop's redirector

say we have a guilty on ceejay from you; we lynch him, then we lynch you because the result was wrong, saving nm from 2 lynches. we avoided this mess b/c of mwnn's kill
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 348, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:¿Cualquiera tiene alguno consejo para mi acerca de mi .......... ?

Does anyone have any advice for me about my play?
puedo terminar su oración en español! es de mi jugabilidad (gameplay)

and for advice, keep questions relevant, have a firm town purpose to everything you do, and never be resistant to asking questions when you’re called upon
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 349, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 348, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:¿Cualquiera tiene alguno consejo para mi acerca de mi .......... ?

Does anyone have any advice for me about my play?
puedo terminar su oración en español! es de mi jugabilidad (gameplay)

and for advice, keep questions relevant, have a firm town purpose to everything you do, and never be resistant to answering questions when you’re called upon
EBWOP

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”