Allocate/Execute III--LIVE REVEAL--WINNER REVEALED!

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Empire »

/in for executing
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Empire »

Vij, I'll write up a longer summary of everything that happened when I wake up tomorrow (today?) but I just wanted to do the tl;dr version for Shrek here:
In post 123, Shrek wrote:I'd like you all to give me a tl;dr of your games, because even though I read those enormous walls of text, I basically didn't absorb any information from them.

Except for Mallow, yours was good. Skelda, Empire, condense yours until they're the length of Mallow's.
I nudged together a majority alliance positioning myself so that I would be in the middle. When the merge hit, I was able to leverage the strong relationships I had built to ensure I was never in any danger and that who I wanted to get voted out did, for the most part. And I was able to convince Skelda that I was a lesser threat to him than D3f despite all this.

(two lines, hope this is good enough)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by Empire »

also the dude in your avi is Risotto Nero from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 125, xofelf wrote:Well that about solidifies what I was already thinking about doing, thanks guys. Also, aww, I was a bigger threat than Shadow! I'm so happy <3

But just because I'm curious, would you all please list the people you had alliances with? and just how solid you were with those people? Thanks in advance!
I'm gonna keep it exclusively to the alliances that were 3+ people because otherwise this would go on forever.

1) Me-You-Shadoweh-Skelda-Meme-Aronis-Vash (the majority alliance)

2) Me-You-Shadoweh (the core of the majority alliance, at least from my point of view)

3) Me-Shadoweh-Skelda (an F3 we made after the merge hit)

4) Me-Meme-D3f (an alliance we made after the merge roughly around the time Aronis got voted out if memory serves me right here)

5) Me-Meme-Skelda (another F3)

6) Me-Meme-D3f-Skelda(?) (Skelda and D3f had a very weird relationship where they didn't trust each other at all so I'm not sure I can include this one here but we did work together for a few votes)

As far as judging the tightness of them, it's hard for me to really compare them all because I do genuinely feel like I was tight with everyone listed here. But regarding the alliance I valued the most? It was clearly the one I had with you and Shadoweh. I can't confirm it but I'm pretty sure the chatlog the three of us had was the longest one of the group chats I was in. Talking strategy with you guys was super fun but I knew I couldn't take you guys to the end because you were such big threats to win.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 131, D3f3nd3r wrote:Empire and Skelda you both did dreadful jobs of trying to manage me as a juror at the end. Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves regarding this?
I don't even know what to say, man, except I'm really sorry. The fact of the matter is that I knew that everything you were saying to Skelda to try and convince him to take you to the end (he told me) was true so I went silent specifically so that I wouldn't give you any ammunition to bury me with. That's really the only reason I went quiet and I did enjoy our strategy talks and the conversation we made at the beginning of the game.
In post 132, D3f3nd3r wrote:The only thing that stands out is that Empire, you did an incredible job of convincing Skelda that even though I got left out of six votes, I was somehow a jury threat. I have to ask how you made that happen, because holy shit that was definitely a thing.
Well, what happened was we were discussing early into the merge who we were thinking of taking to the end. At that point, I believe both Menno and Shrek were still in the game so I was concerned about the possibility of getting crowded out by those two at the end and my angle was to ensure that that didn't happen. So I threw your name out there as a candidate. Skelda responded by telling me he was worried you would sell an underdog story to the jury. I don't remember when exactly it happened but I do remember egging him on in this line of thinking once it became clear to me you were gonna be there at the F5-F4, thus ensuring that he would pick me over you at the end if it ever came down to that. The xof blindside made this super easy to sell despite the fact that it only happened because Meme covered for my missing votes because the plan was your brainchild.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Empire »

In post 137, Shadoweh wrote:I can't believe I caught you plotting behind my back and believed you were joking. It's pretty ridiculous. I should have told Mallow to votebomb Skelda instead of Menno but despite my 1 in trust I actually trusted you guys. Haha. If you can convince me there was a reason to do that to me besides that my name carries a reputation I'll consider voting for one of you.
I'm really sorry but literally everyone I had spoken to considered you to be one of the biggest threats in the game (for example, I can't even count the number of times D3f told me he thought you and xof were running the game). You and xof were both considered to be at the forefront of making all the major decisions in our alliance pre-merge, and frankly, I saw it that way too. It wasn't just your rep as a strong social player. The only reason I didn't just straight up tell you that I was voting for you that round was because you had a lot of votes, which was basically effectively an idol.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Empire »

In post 139, CaptainMeme wrote:Empire, I want to focus a bit more on the round Xof went home. You didn't know that I was going to cover your votes for you - that was a last minute decision from me to try to salvage the you/me/D3f alliance.

So what was your plan going forward if D3f had only seen 10 votes on Xof instead of 15?
You're right that I didn't know you were going to do that. But basically the idea was that booting xof right then was a bad idea for me because literally everyone knew she was the biggest threat in the game and needed to go home well before the end of the game so she was a goner sooner or later. In order for me to have gone along with that plan, I would have had to have kept Shadoweh out of the loop and that would have burned that bridge at a time where I personally valued that alliance a hell of a lot + she had a lot of votes and could've done stuff against me in the future.

I was going to tell D3f that I thought it was a bad idea and that's why I didn't go through with it. This shouldn't have surprised him because I spent a lot of time arguing with him trying to convince him not to follow through with this plan. Moving forward, I don't think things would have changed much tbh. D3f would have been left with too few votes to really do much vs. me if he wanted to go that route. If I had gotten any hint that you and him were gonna target me later on, I would have just dumped a lot of my votes to prevent that since I had a lot stockpiled up and I always had Shadoweh and Skelda to fall back on.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Empire »

In post 147, xofelf wrote:Don't apologize for shit, own it. I don't know about the rest of the jury, but I don't want you to be apologizing for actually playing the game and making moves. If you feel you need to justify them, whatever, but don't apologize. Feeling remorse is fine, but don't invalidate your strategy with "i'm sorry but" you're better than that. And if you want votes, then you own up to that shit. That goes for all of you finalists, don't want to hear your sorries, I want you to own the game you played and nothing less.
I totally get what you're saying and what I was really trying to communicate was the remorse part because I love Shadoweh. But like, I don't apologize for making the move that I did and if I had to do it over again I would have done the same thing. The fact of the matter is that taking Shadoweh to the end would have just been asking to lose due to her overall stellar play and that people perceived her to have played a very strong game. However much it sucked ass to have blindsided her, I didn't want to be the Ness to her Kirby.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Empire »

In post 140, McMenno wrote:Empire, draw a funny picture involving jigglypuff's hijinks.
after approx. one million hours on ms paint:

https://imgur.com/a/xupfU1J
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Empire »

Honestly, D3f, I've been debating whether to wait to respond but I can't anymore because Skelda's arguments to you about my thought process are based on inferences that have zero basis in reality and only goes to show how his perception of my game is warped by what I laid out for him. Like, I literally have a conversation log with Meme where we were discussing F3 candidates and I mentioned your name saying that even if you make a big move, it is unlikely you would have very many votes remaining and thus would have no future control over the game. I can't really speak to whether other people spoke to him about you so all I can tell you is what happened on my end.

The reason I didn't put myself in the position where I had to make the choice at the end was because I didn't have to. By that point, I was confident enough in my game and secure enough that Skelda was going to take me to the end no matter what that I prioritized securing the Meme boot because he was the biggest threat remaining. If I really felt like I was in any danger at all, you bet your ass I would have undercommitted on Meme and then set myself up to get rid of whoever I wanted at the end. But I didn't need to and that's the point.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Empire »

In post 157, Shadoweh wrote:Normally I feel this way but actually I did want to hear the sorries because you both made me feel emotionally shitty for even considering you were lying to me when skelda accidentally cross-posted, so don't listen to her about me. I was really upset not just because I was fooled but because you both used our genuine friendship against me. It's probably hypocritical for it to have upset me as much as it did since I probably do the same by accident in these games. I don't like the taste of my own medicine, lol. I will forgive you both at least because it sounds like you were right and I can't fault you for wanting to win. ;)
:(

The only thing I want to add to what I said earlier is that it was never my intention to hurt you in that way and in that sense, I am actually very sorry. Like, for real, no jury bullshit none of that stuff. Thanks for forgiving me.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Empire »

recently excavated from a long lost civilization: https://imgur.com/a/WDvr4MT
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Empire »

unironically my favorite moment from ghost island: https://imgur.com/a/ZsM0yAC
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Empire »

I can't really speak for Skelda but at least on my end, Shadoweh going out at F11 would have been a huge setback for my game since she was one of my closest allies and had a large vote pool to work with. The likely ramification of this is that Aronis would have remained in the game for longer since we likely would have needed at least some of his votes to take out xof (who had mallow in her pocket as a potential buffer). Since you would have had no votes, it also increases the risk that I get crowded out at the end since that's now 3 people with 0 votes.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Empire »

Oh, it was 100% a good thing, no doubt about it.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Empire »

I will respond more fully since I'm currently drafting a summary for Vij but while we're posting conversation logs, allow me (this was just before the xof vote):

Insanoflex - 06/06/2018
so it's confirmed F3
so we need to think about who the third will be
d3f is a good candidate but
if he makes a big move
he'll have something to put on his resume
CaptainMeme - 06/06/2018
Him surviving against an alliance that includes almost everyone except him atm will possibly mean he wins
Insanoflex - 06/06/2018
eh, not if he gets dragged to the end
he has very few votes so
everyone will know he's a goat
CaptainMeme - 06/06/2018
yeah, but Shadow/Xof/Skelda would all be pretty angry
Insanoflex - 06/06/2018
skelda wouldn't be such a big choice to take to the end imo
he's not done much and he hasn't talked to like half the jury
*bad choice

A short one but I think it speaks for itself. Skelda is just plain wrong about my game and again, is just believing the image I put up for him rather than the reality.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Empire »

skelda - 06/06/2018
All of D3f, Mallow, Menno, and Shrek surviving makes me worried tbh
Insanoflex - 06/06/2018
that is my biggest reservation
but like
if meme is offering us an F3, maybe that's legit?
idk
meme had no reason to think you and i already made a deal
skelda - 06/06/2018
But do you want to go to F3 with Meme?
Insanoflex - 06/06/2018
you know, originally i would have said no but
if d3f pulls off this move
and like i think you mentioned
d3f might have an underdog-ish story behind him
so idk

This is what I told Skelda on literally the same day. So yeah, now you know.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Empire »

No, I brought up that second chat in order to prove to d3f that I was telling you what I wanted you to hear in order to benefit my own game (to ensure you would always see d3f as a bigger threat than me and thus be less likely to cut me at the end). Up to the jury to decide in the end, but as you can see, from the chat log I had with Meme on literally the exact same day as the second chat, I was telling him something completely different (the actual truth).
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Empire »

I'm not going to fill this thread with bickering now because the fact of the matter is that it is entirely up to the jury decide but the bottom line is that you have no idea what I said to the others in this game. I'm confident that they know I was making the moves I felt was best for my own game and that it wasn't just you who did everything.

I was the one who went ahead and nudged the majority alliance together - the one that got all of us this far in the first place. I was the one who suggested the IPS vote, which was what allowed us to take advantage of the rift between the non-alliance people and dispatch the biggest threat to us. I was the one who positioned myself in such a way so that I got multiple F3 offers from people after the merge hit. In fact, as the convo log with Meme shows, it was me who integrated you into that particular F3 with him and I.

This is true for LSGs in general but especially true in this one (ex: the Vash vote) - all it takes it for one person to run up against you and you're outta here. So I always took great care to position myself in such a way that there was always someone higher up on the food chain than me. That way I was never in any danger and I was always able to advance my own agenda behind the scenes. So the idea that you were the one who were responsible for my being here just absolutely not true and I'm hoping that the jury will see it too.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Empire »

Ugh ok I know I said one last one:

I said what I said about Shadoweh, again, precisely to position myself in the alliance as making you believe that you were the one calling the shots. Like, of course I knew going to the end with Shadoweh was a horrible idea. No shit. But I said that so you could be like, "no, Empire *pat pat* of course we can't take Shadoweh to the end" and think to yourself "wow, I can beat this guy and take the credit for everything." But while I was telling you all of this, I went around making the deals that needed to be made to further my long term position in the game.

Dude, we barely talked before the merge and had no history of working together previously. Did you really think I was just gonna blindly trust you to agree to our finals deal? Of course not. The only way I could ensure that is to give you the impression that you could beat me while simultaneously working behind the scenes. And that's exactly what I did.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Empire »

Obviously I'm exaggerating and being sassy but that was my intention.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Empire »

So for Vij, here's the summary of events, at least from my point of view. I'll try to condense it as much as possible but I hope that if I miss anything, my opening speech will fill in the gaps:

Pre-merge, I nudged together a big majority alliance that included myself, Shadoweh, xof, Skelda, Aronis, Meme, and Vash. Pretty much everyone in the game agreed to drop more votes on STD than his total because people didn't like his RNG vote dump thing. After that, things were quiet for a bit and it was just a series a votes where we voted out people no one talked to. The one exception was the Vash vote since that was the result of Shrek dumping all his votes to save himself.

The first major event was the IPS vote. We found out from you that Fluminator had been low key dropping some votes each round on Shadoweh looking to make a move on her later on down the road and that you were looking to defect because you didn't trust him. We had been suspecting Fluminator was the big threat among our group for a while so we figured that gave us the opportunity to counter-attack. Fluminator himself was a tough sell at the time so I suggested to Shadoweh and xof that we get rid of IPS since we knew he was connected to Flum and we could diminish his influence in the game and open up the opportunity to get him later. It worked and we voted them both out back to back.

Right when the jury hit, we voted you out because you hadn't really talked much with people in our alliance. Afterwards we all figured that Aronis was a major jury threat and we got hints that he was planning to make a move on us so we targeted him next. For the xof vote, d3f came to me and Meme with a plan to drop 5 votes each on xof to blindside her out of the game. Even though we all agreed she was the biggest threat in the game, I decided not to commit to the plan because I didn't want to compromise my alliance with Shadoweh. The xof vote goes through anyway because Meme decides to drop extra votes to cover the ones I hadn't put in.

I then went for the zero votes people back to back in order to ensure that I wasn't crowded out at the end of the game. Shadoweh and Meme get voted out back to back since they were easily the biggest threats remaining in the game. Finally, Skelda decides to take me to the end and vote out D3f for reasons we've been arguing about now.

Hope this helps and I'll be happy to answer any questions about what happened.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 203, Shadoweh wrote:Oiy since it's a point of contention I checked my logs, I wanted to vote out Flumi immediately but Empire wouldn't do it, insisting we couldn't cut Aronis and you skelda out of that vote, and suggested IPS instead.
Yeah, this is accurate. I argued that we couldn't leave the two of you on the outs because of the possibility you would turn on me/Shadoweh/xof so I suggested the IPS vote because it was an easier sell.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Empire »

(or at least that's what I remember saying, I would have to check the logs to make sure)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Empire »

God, I really just wanna end this back and forth because it's not doing anything and we're just going around in circles but another point: the IPS vote is just another example of how you're absolutely clueless as to what I told people behind the scenes and what I actually said to them and the way I presented myself to them vs you.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Empire »

Just to discuss more about my presentation: just because I use casual language and sometimes come across as a dudebro doesn't mean that I'm speaking impulsively all the time. I might be more laid back IRL and outside of this game but I can assure you that everything I say to people here is thought out. This is part of why I would sometimes intentionally take a bit of time to respond. I have to think about what I'm saying to which person and how that's going to advance my game.

Return to “Social Game Archive”