Playing to a future wincon

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 16, BNL wrote:I definitely think that if you.
And I'll be the counter-opinion in saying that playing to any wincon that you do not have is bad, bad play.

If you are not playing to the wincon you possess with the utmost of your ability because you think it might change you are doing the game and everyone whose wincon you share a disservice.

I've been through this scenario on the site I came to Mafiascum from many, many years ago. There was a publicly known cult-style group (they actually were an alternate Mafia faction but the mechanics were close enough) with a public face who tried to make the argument that because they would be recruiting me it was in my best interest to vote in their direction. Said cult didn't have anywhere near control of the game and as it turned out only had limited recruiting power and never ended up trying to recruit me. Had I played against my Town wincon because I thought I might be recruited Town could well have gone on to lose the game. But I didn't and my basic response to said figurehead was "if you really wanted me to vote with your interests you should have actually recruited me ... your mistake".

Agree wholeheartedly that Cult games in general and most alignment changing games are not usually fun to play in.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”