Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 546, Shoshin wrote:I didn't say NSG was scummy. I said she's scum if my scumreads flip town, because that still leaves her as null when compared my townreads, making NSG scum by poe. What's the flaw in that approach? What "pre-conceived notions" are clouding my judgment?
In post 498, Shoshin wrote:I don't see the harm in speculating about the scumteam on D1. As I said before, I intend to lynch scum on D1 and part of doing that includes analyzing potential teams as corroborative evidence.
pre-flips in a word. you're looking for teams and looking for evidence that backs up those teams.
In post 461, Shoshin wrote:I had Mom as town for similar reasons to Irrelephant, as well as her answer to my question in 163. Her play was also consistent with her town meta so nothing to worry about.
here too: you start off assuming he's town, check his meta, don't see anything to contradict that assumption, so you keep him as town.

are you actually successful at cold-meta-reading people? (do you often ignore questions? It's very hard getting you to answer things directed straight at you)

You basically have pre-concieved notions and you're finding evidence that fits instead of the other way around.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 549, Momrangal wrote:He says he's excited for his first game back, and I get that but his posts don't seem to be relaying that same excitement and it seems kinda mechanical
I was thinking the same thing; would have expected more from someone "excited" to be back.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 547, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 542, Shoshin wrote:Skitter's scumread on Math is pretty fucking bad, and given her recent concern about "safe" reads, I'm thinking it's an attempt to appear "non-safe." I find it hard to believe that town Skitter lists Math as scummier than her null reads.
In my eyes, when Mathdino turned up her tune changed to:

no it didn't, and that's a gross misrepresentation of my interaction with math yesterday
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 550, skitter30 wrote:pre-flips in a word. you're looking for teams and looking for evidence that backs up those teams.
This is incorrect. You must not know what the word "corroborative" means.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 548, skitter30 wrote:yes, me, as scum, thinks its a *really* good idea to scumread town!math and deliberately start a fight with him, kudos for figuring that out.

like, if i'm scum i do my *very* best to avoid math and like *not* catch his attention because he can read me properly and i hate being scumread and like ... calling attention to myself as scum.
Sadly, this probably the towniest thing you made.

It's also self meta and being aware of this nullifies it completely
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 550, skitter30 wrote:here too: you start off assuming he's town, check his meta, don't see anything to contradict that assumption, so you keep him as town.
Please tell me you're talking about elephant here
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 550, skitter30 wrote:do you often ignore questions? It's very hard getting you to answer things directed straight at you)
I will vouch for the fact that this is true of town Shoshin, and is part of why I'm having an easier time townreading her than most players
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 552, skitter30 wrote:
In post 542, Shoshin wrote:Skitter's scumread on Math is pretty fucking bad, and given her recent concern about "safe" reads, I'm thinking it's an attempt to appear "non-safe." I find it hard to believe that town Skitter lists Math as scummier than her null reads.

no it didn't, and that's a gross misrepresentation of my interaction with math yesterday
I obviously didn’t pick up the tonal shift.

I’ll let Mathdino explain his side.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Or, *than some players

since it seems like a solid 1/2+ the player list leans her town atm
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 554, Momrangal wrote:
In post 548, skitter30 wrote:yes, me, as scum, thinks its a *really* good idea to scumread town!math and deliberately start a fight with him, kudos for figuring that out.

like, if i'm scum i do my *very* best to avoid math and like *not* catch his attention because he can read me properly and i hate being scumread and like ... calling attention to myself as scum.
Sadly, this probably the towniest thing you made.

It's also self meta and being aware of this nullifies it completely
i mean, if scum!me could actually replicate what i do as town it would make my scumgames remarkably less stressful, but i can't, so yeah.

either way i literally never interact with math that way as scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 556, Momrangal wrote:
In post 550, skitter30 wrote:here too: you start off assuming he's town, check his meta, don't see anything to contradict that assumption, so you keep him as town.
Please tell me you're talking about elephant here
i'm talking about shoshin checkin invsibility's meta; idk what elephant has to do with it
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

are you actually successful at cold-meta-reading people? (do you often ignore questions? It's very hard getting you to answer things directed straight at you)

You basically have pre-concieved notions and you're finding evidence that fits instead of the other way around.
This is also incorrect.

I read Mom as town based on actual behaviors in this game, not based on an assumption, and I checked her meta to make sure I wasn't completely off. What that means is I read her town games and scum games and I was looking to prove myself wrong about her in this game. I was unable to do so, becaus what I found is that her play here is consitent with her play in town games and actually slightly different from her play in scum games. This is the opposite of "finding evidence that fits instead of the other way around." I started null on her, found behaviors that I liked (e.g. push on Invis and response to my question in 163), and then I checked her meta to try proving myself wrong just in case I was getting ahead of myself.

Yes, I often ignore silly questions because it's a pretty good way to see how much the player cares about a silly question. I've caught scum this way more than once.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Momrangal »

The quote right above that is me and my meta and her town reading me based off it and how I'm town similarly to why ele is town I'm her eyes. Just making sure im not misgendered (again ) carry on
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Shoshin »

Right. I'm not looking for teams. I'm looking for townies and for scumbags.

Then, I check whether the emerging picture of the game makes any sense by seeing if the three scummiest players make sense as a team. This last step is called corroboration if the team makes sense. Sometimes, the team doesn't make sense and I have to reevaluate the reads themselves.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 563, Momrangal wrote:Just making sure im not misgendered (again ) carry on
come on y'all it's mom not dad
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Nauci »

Holy crap y'all were active on the weekend

I deep cleaned my boyfriend's nasty apartment for like 11 hours and have been recovering from the extraordinary soreness since

Catching up once I get home!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

yay welcome back friend

I'm voting you
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 526, Irrelephant11 wrote:heyyyy rude can you do that
lol, just wanted to get a rise out of you, but it does kinda feel that way, still thinking you're town rn tho
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 am

Post by stungun0404 »

The problem I’m having with both bernie sanders and skitter early on is that a lot of their content seems difficult to interpret a town motive to, and it’s difficult ascertaining that through the points they are pushing forward—like there’s no
clear
town motive, which makes me feel uneasy. I need to iso and probably take about an hour apiece on the two of them to see what motives—if any—i can ascertain. both don’t seem to have a primarily pro-town focus, and that’s what gets me before i’d townread them officially.

Meanwhile, just looked through other nsg replace-outs to see if I could gather anything, and lo and behold I came across something suspicious. And given the circumstances, I do
feel confident
in asserting that one of the worst or nsg IS scum, because I feel there’s too much evidence between the two options that would support either replace-out being scum for them
BOTH
to be town. However, if one flips scum, I do find it highly unlikely the other flips scum, because having 2 scum replace-outs on d1 would surely be an outlier type of game. has anybody ever seen that happen?

Anyways, here’s what I happened upon, courtesy of another game she was in:
In post 2218, northsidegal wrote:wait, i just remembered that you were my scumbuddy in double elimination.

what are you even talking about then, bu? you of all people should know what i'm saying. i literally
did not post once
that game becaues i was scum.
In post 2220, northsidegal wrote:you were also my buddy in open 716, which i flaked out of (the only game so far i've ever replaced out of).

what is your deal? you of all people should
know
what i'm talking about.
So apparently, nsg flakes out of some of her scum games, which is pretty damning. Leads me to think there’s a decent chance she’s scum this game.

UNVOTE: Momrangal.

Still a null read for me, but I don’t think this slot is official D1 lynch material, and I’m actually more wary of the people that were on her wagon (the worst, nsg, and skitter), so back to the drawing board. I’ll see if I can post reads here shortly on everybody and their mother.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 543, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 513, Momrangal wrote:Irrelephant11
Shoshin
stungun0404
Keyser Soze

Mathdino
Bernie

Nauci
the worst
northsidegal*
Invisibility

Gamma Emerald
skitter
Why is Gamma down there?
What have I done to deserve being higher? You haven't seemed to have that high of an opinion of me so far so this is off-color imo.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 549, Momrangal wrote:
In post 543, Keyser Söze wrote:Why is Gamma down there?
Gut
Associatives
Safe play

And some other things. Like... IDK, he's not playing outside his realm of meta but like, I can easily see him as a buddy with skitter, and possibly duck.

He says he's excited for his first game back, and I get that but his posts don't seem to be relaying that same excitement and it seems kinda mechanical
Yes I am excited
But I'm not being super-hyper this game. Get the drift?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

stungun have I missed any questions you've asked me? I haven't seen any.
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 563, Momrangal wrote:The quote right above that is me and my meta and her town reading me based off it and how I'm town similarly to why ele is town I'm her eyes. Just making sure im not misgendered (again ) carry on
for some reason i read it as being about invisiblity and was talking about him; i read it again and i know that it has your name in it so idk why i did that.
--
In post 564, Shoshin wrote:
Right. I'm not looking for teams. I'm looking for townies and for scumbags.

Then, I check whether the emerging picture of the game makes any sense by seeing if the three scummiest players make sense as a team. This last step is called corroboration if the team makes sense. Sometimes, the team doesn't make sense and I have to reevaluate the reads themselves.
ok, i'm sorry, i misread that corraborative quote as you placing more import on associatives than you actually apparently do; i guess i misunderstood what you meant by that and i apologize.

--
In post 569, stungun0404 wrote:So apparently, nsg flakes out of some of her scum games, which is pretty damning. Leads me to think there’s a decent chance she’s scum this game.
she just /outed for all the games she's in queues for; it isn't a game-specific thing. I don't know if she's scum or town but i really really really don't think repping out here is AI right now.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

I didn't read it this way. What post from Skitter made you think this?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”