Planned Changes: Newbie Game Deadlines

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2, Irrelephant11 wrote:Hm, I'm not sure I would appreciate this if it had happened in my first game. When I first signed up I was always v/la on weekends and so were like two or three other players, it would've been unfortunate for a game to start on a Monday and none of us post anywhere near day end. Maybe D1 should stay somewhat longer, and the other days shorter? idk
This is a thing in multiple other games, I'm seconding this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Confirmation phases are a thing in other games as well: if I remember correct I saw Ircher mod a newbie where he had one
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 23, Nexus wrote:
In post 20, Plotinus wrote: If you haven't posted game advancing content in 7 days (on 14 day deadlines) or say 4 days (7 day deadlines) you get replaced, even if V/LA.
I have an issue (in general) with this idea. I think that it's not the game moderator's job to say if you're posting game advancing content, because that's overstepping the bounds. If a player wants to just prod dodge then it's a valid tactic and it's up to the rest of the players to decide what to do with that.
I think a fairly good blanket policy is this: if the post could be made in another topic and no context/quality is lost, it doesn't count as game-advancing (so prod-dodges don't fall under it, but practically anything wrt the specific game does.)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Papa Zizi posted about instant night and I think that’s a reasonable consideration on it’s own but I have two qualms. First, that’s not site precedent, which means we’re setting an incorrect standard. We shouldn’t be lying to try and get more people, that would probably lose even more than before. The second is the night phase gives Mafia a chance to strategize, and people who are behind a chance to catch up.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Mafia Discussion”