Gerrymandering Shadow Government Democracy Mafia Endgame

Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by 123456789 »

@Tazaro: Be honest--did you or did you not vote twice for Fighting Dreamers? If you did, why?
"You learn mathematics by doing mathematics."
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1088, the worst wrote:also I know this is a #badpost but fuck all of y'all for that lynch
Yw
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1098, 123456789 wrote:
Join Mutantdevle's party.

Because I was highly disappointed with Fighting Dreamers/the worst yesterday. Sure, we all pressured you to lynch Edo, and that was the right choice imo even if it hit town. The thing is, you asked for feedback but barely provided any of your own. You also stalled way too much without really good reason imo. I don't think that makes you scum (and with the night kill, I think you are probably conf!town now), but I am not putting my faith in you as president again (at least not until SIMYK is back).
good take, this and my generally sub-par reads are why I actively encouraged pushing Ruby's presidency
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

like i said, the lack of resistance to the edo thing was a major red flag given that basically nobody objected to it. given that he did indeed flip town and claimed that he didn't vote, i can't imagine that he frauded, in which case there's two missing votes from that district.

there were:
three votes for dreamers
two votes for ruby
one vote for wheme

people claimed:
edo didn't vote (presumably at all)
taz voted for FD
ruby voted for herself
hebi voted for ruby
mylo voted for wheme

so we're still missing two FD votes and apparently hebi cast one of them given the fraud jjh announced below and the above claims. I'm not really sure why she claims to have voted for ruby but then frauded for FD. we're still missing one for FD so presumably it's from {taz/mylo} given that edo apparently didn't vote and i can't imagine ruby frauding for fd here. I'd bet taz given the support mylo had for wheme yesterday.

--
In post 1043, jjh927 wrote:
zMuffinMan died during the night. He was a
Presidential Bodyguard.

Spoiler: Role PM
Hullo, zMuffinMan! You are aligned with the
town!

Your specific role is Presidential Bodyguard. Once per night, you may target a current or past president. If they are targeted by a killing action, they will be protected from that kill and you will die in their place. Note that this will only protect them from a single killing action.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and the town is not.

Hebichan has been convicted of the grievous offence of electoral fraud, and must now pay the price for her crime and may no longer stand as a candidate in an election.
i kinda doubt that scum targeted the nico slot given that they were a major lurker and said basically nothing all game, so this would imply that they shot tw and the replacement protected him and died in his stead; if true, that makes tw town since scum targeted him.

i don't think that checking for fraud is an inherently scum ability; i feel like there's probably a town PR with a similar ability as that scum ability in order to counter any frauding scum may do.

like she def lied, which makes me think she's very likely to be scum. if she's scum, and scum did it, I think that there's inherently a WIFOM factor at play here: it's possible scum wanted us to think 'oh, she's def conf!town since they frauded her and frauding one of their own is ???'.

--
In post 1050, Aronis wrote:Nooooo hebichan is like confirmed town now. Not scum
i'm kinda concerned that you're treating her like an IC because of this tbh; like she frauded for no obvious purpose which is majorly sketchy in this context, and i really see no reason to clear her for this

--
In post 1060, Aronis wrote:
Announce Candidacy: Bull Moose Party

I'm running on
A. Not killing hebichan or the worst
B. An efficient government (we'll decide a lynch in 72 hours or less)
C. Killing Mafia
i agree pretty much with the worst, disagree with hebi, agree with B because the last lynching phase or whatever it was called slogged for like forever, and C is incredibly vague
--
In post 1061, mutantdevle wrote:I do believe there is probably a town PR that functions in this way. Someone with this town PR would check within Hebichan, Taz and myloninja.

If someone does have this town PR and they targetted either Taz or myloninja, I'd strongly ask them to check the other tonight and tell us the result tomorrow. Even with Hebichan's vote we still have 1 unaccounted for vote if we assume Edosurist really didn't vote at all like he claimed. Now, either 1 of Taz or myloninja double voted or Edosurist actually voted. This plan gives us the solution to that.
i think it's possible that there is such a town pr, and that they were ones who checked hebi yesterday; if such a pr exists, they def should check taz next.

mutantdevel, i think i will probably be joining your oddly spelled 'mutante' party

--

@ruby can you vote in both districts? i don't remember

--
In post 1082, Aronis wrote:
In post 1080, Wraith wrote:I only managed to get about halfway through a catch-up.

However as far as I am concerned Tazaro, Hebi, and Ruby are marked for death until one flips scum. Starting with Tazaro.
As far as I'm concerned this is a horrible idea. Elect me President and we will shut down the corrupt politicians and misguided townies that want to string together a long chain of townies lynches.
In post 1083, Aronis wrote:You all tried your 'lynch pool' strategy yesterday. You elected the SNK party leader and enabled the worst presidency. We saw a leadership that was incapable of functioning properly. It was plagued by indecisiveness and it led to a town lynch. Don't let that happen again. Vote Aronis and say goodbye to this horrific lynch pool that is going to give way to townie after townie dying and embrace a better future where we lynch scum.

besides protecting tw and hebi, who do you actually want to lynch? you sound like ruby yesterday. like it sounds like your party is more concerned with protecting tw/hebi than actually figuring out who scum is

--
In post 1085, hebichan wrote:
In post 1047, mutantdevle wrote:@Hebichan, why didn't you confess to your double vote yesterday?
I was making a gambit.

I wanted to see the reactions of the rest of my district when I double-voted, and after there was a second double vote in my district I felt like I had to keep it up to weed out the other double voter. I was honestly planning on admitting to it until Edo claimed to not vote. Knowing the math still didn't add up made me think Edo was lying, and I didn't want to out my gambit and take attention off that slot and onto me.

I'm still really confused honestly, I thought our district and the overall presidential vote would go to Ruby, so I split my vote between FD and Ruby to get some reads.

But Edo flipping town really confuses me, since that means someone else still double voted in our district, or Edo was lying.
i mean, this is a meh excuse. you wanted reactions so you did something that people pretty much universaly acknowledged to be a scum claim? and like you voted for both even though you wanted ruby?

honestly i'm kinda thinking that you wanted FD to get it? that district was only decided by the one vote, right? if you actually wanted ruby and wanted the reactions of other people in your district upon seeing an extra vote, why didn't you just like ... vote for ruby?

and like you did it to get reads but like ... you don't seem to have like formed any reads from this reaction test or come to any conclusions thereof.

--
In post 1088, the worst wrote:also I know this is a #badpost but fuck all of y'all for that lynch
i mean, i'm pretty sure i pointed out the gamestate was indicating that it was probably mislynch and that it was in his town meta to flake
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Hebi’s “I thought ruby would win my district/the presidency” excuse doesn’t really make sense considering the party alignments in her district were:

2 for FD (taz and edos)
2 for ruby (ruby and hebi)
1 for wheme (Mylo)

This district was a toss up and if she wanted to double vote as a reaction test, I don’t see why she didn’t double vote ruby. Like this makes me think she double voted but wanted to avoid culpability
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1089, the worst wrote:
In post 1069, 123456789 wrote:
Wrong, like completely wrong.
actually curious, why do you think it confirms her town Aronis?

why do you think it confirms her scum 1-9?
Because, Mafia have complete control over the districts. This allows them to have an unusual amount of control over the town dayplay in the game. It makes sense for town to have something to counter that like a double vote. Then the rules pretty much explicitly confirm this is a thing by pointing out that the mafia have a roleblocker like ability to deal with town players that can abuse and manipulate district mechanics.

Scum doublevoters are incredibly rare, they're a bit OP. In this setup it's true x10. The doublevoter has to be town.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1103, skitter30 wrote: i mean, i'm pretty sure i pointed out the gamestate was indicating that it was probably mislynch and that it was in his town meta to flake
Please accept this post as an "unfuck you", you were indeed highly legit about the Edo situation
--
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1092, the worst wrote:I have such bad reads tho I hate kingmaker
If you weren't capable of handling the job in the first place, then why on earth did you run for president? Their needs to be accountability. Own your decisions, don't cast the blame onto a dozen other people.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1106, the worst wrote:
In post 1103, skitter30 wrote: i mean, i'm pretty sure i pointed out the gamestate was indicating that it was probably mislynch and that it was in his town meta to flake
Please accept this post as an "unfuck you", you were indeed highly legit about the Edo situation
the fact that you had it narrowed down to {edo/hebi} and picked edo after hebi had frauded for you is not really a good look tbh.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1103, skitter30 wrote: besides protecting tw and hebi, who do you actually want to lynch? you sound like ruby yesterday. like it sounds like your party is more concerned with protecting tw/hebi than actually figuring out who scum is
I plan on coming up with more detailed reads as things go on. I doubt I'll give a single name at the end of the day, more like a good pool of 2-3 people. I do want to be efficient, but I'm not in a huge rush because we still have a fair amount of time. I want to see more content from some people. I may try to discuss things with people as well. Right now I'd say there's about half the playerlist I really don't plan on lynching and the other half is up in the air.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1107, Aronis wrote:
In post 1092, the worst wrote:I have such bad reads tho I hate kingmaker
If you weren't capable of handling the job in the first place, then why on earth did you run for president? Their needs to be accountability. Own your decisions, don't cast the blame onto a dozen other people.
are you fucking reading the game?

stop being antagonistic for the sake of it dude your stance on gamestate is like an edgy 14 year old watching the news
--
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 1104, ofrhz wrote:Hebi’s “I thought ruby would win my district/the presidency” excuse doesn’t really make sense considering the party alignments in her district were:

2 for FD (taz and edos)
2 for ruby (ruby and hebi)
1 for wheme (Mylo)

This district was a toss up and if she wanted to double vote as a reaction test, I don’t see why she didn’t double vote ruby. Like this makes me think she double voted but wanted to avoid culpability
If I wanted to avoid culpability and was scum, why would I out myself?

Pick one or the other.

Also the only other double vote possibilities are

1. Taz double voted FD, which makes sense, but I think Taz is pretty safely town.

2. Mylo or Ruby also voted for two parties which is possible but Ruby voting off herself is completely batshit.

3 Edo lied which is also ???

p-edit: The Worst did he best there trying to narrow down double voters. It's a bit unfortunate that there were people calling for edo to be shot without letting the replacement talk, as its possible edo was lying about the vote and we will never know.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am going to play this game day seriously.

and i seriously think hebichan is town.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1112, Firebringer wrote:I am going to play this game day seriously.

yay thank you
someone gets it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1108, skitter30 wrote:
the fact that you had it narrowed down to {edo/hebi} and picked edo after hebi had frauded for you is not really a good look tbh.
I wish I'd killed Hebichan. my gut was screaming to but my reads are normally awful so I'd committed myself to trying to talk to my townreads first.

considering nearly the entire player list was encouraging me to execute Edos and I don't trust myself to make an independent good choice what's not good about it?

also not even gonna go into why Hebi and I are not scum yet
--
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

the worst and hebichan and aronis are town.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

def town_players(players):
if players == "hebichan" or players == "aronis" or players == "the worst":
Show

hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 1114, the worst wrote:
I wish I'd killed Hebichan. my gut was screaming to but my reads are normally awful so I'd committed myself to trying to talk to my townreads first.

considering nearly the entire player list was encouraging me to execute Edos and I don't trust myself to make an independent good choice what's not good about it?

Legit question, what made you run for pres if you don't trust your reads?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1116, Firebringer wrote:def town_players(players):
if players == "hebichan" or players == "aronis" or players == "the worst":
return True
#for players
p = input()
town_players(p)
this code proves they are town
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1117, hebichan wrote:
In post 1114, the worst wrote:

Legit question, what made you run for pres if you don't trust your reads?
Legit question, did you read d1?
--
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by 123456789 »

In post 1105, Aronis wrote:
In post 1089, the worst wrote:
In post 1069, 123456789 wrote:
Wrong, like completely wrong.
actually curious, why do you think it confirms her town Aronis?

why do you think it confirms her scum 1-9?
Because, Mafia have complete control over the districts. This allows them to have an unusual amount of control over the town dayplay in the game. It makes sense for town to have something to counter that like a double vote. Then the rules pretty much explicitly confirm this is a thing by pointing out that the mafia have a roleblocker like ability to deal with town players that can abuse and manipulate district mechanics.

Scum doublevoters are incredibly rare, they're a bit OP. In this setup it's true x10. The doublevoter has to be town.
You realize that on a mechanical level, this doesn't really make logical sense, right?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Make me president t
Im a dog that quacks
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by hebichan »

I did, mostly, but I'm still confused.

This is the second time you've asked me if I read, and the answer remains.

"Yes... but...it still makes no sense to me."
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1115, Firebringer wrote:the worst and hebichan and aronis are town.
Im a dog that quacks
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by 123456789 »

In post 1112, Firebringer wrote:I am going to play this game day seriously.

Elaborate.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”