Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #884 (isolation #0) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 am

Post by BlackStar »

Isn't "saving the site" as simple as getting more people interested in the game? So just get your friends (online and IRL) to start playing on here and they'll invite their friends and traffic on here will go way up. Or maybe there's some way we could advertise this place and make it seem appealing
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 918, T-Bone wrote:I would like to remind people that Blitz games are an explicit function of the Mini Theme queue. I occasionally see threads where people go "we should have blitz games"...but the fact is we do. People don't run them. I did Blitz month in November, which was great. We had a bunch of Blitz games. But before that...I had 2 blitz games come through my queue my entire tenure. There doesn't actually seem to be the demand for it that people think there are. Anyone at any time can go to either theme queue and run a Blitz game. It just doesn't happen in practice.

I'd like to see more blitz games, and that's why I go out of my way to encourage them. I am probably the biggest proponent of blitzes on site. Despite that, I recognize that the desire just isn't there. Despite giving blitzes their own month (which I will do again this year regardless) we failed to maintain interest for even the entire month.
Maybe they're not that popular because they're not as visible as the other queues. When I first joined the site, blitzes had their own queue. I didn't know that we still had them here until this post because I don't play mini theme games.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 976, mastina wrote:
In post 969, chamber wrote:Is that a serious question? We lose like 100 users month to month because of turn over (some of whom come back later). How many banned users are there? Less than 10?
We also lose a fair number of users not because they're banned, but because they leave as a consequence from the
fallout
of a different user's ban.
Does that really happen often?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum