Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1645, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1625, Chara wrote:is Shoshin usually this simplistic? what benefit does scum PP gain from refusing to disprove something he can very easily disprove?
Why'd you read PP's refusal to mean he could easily disprove it but doesn't want to? Why isn't it something that he's refusing because he can't?
because when players say "i've done this as town before" it's true 99% of the time. and his attitude this game made his mindset easy to figure.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Chara »

i have 15 minutes left of my break, and i'm spending it here.

also people suck. why do they have to yell at me for doing my job. :<
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Commander Shepard »

In post 1651, Chara wrote:i have 15 minutes left of my break, and i'm spending it here.

Because most people work with idiots.

I mean look at me. I have to work with an intergalactic Council and they don’t let me do my shit when I have saved the universe, twice!

No instead I have to hunt for credits.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:53 am

In post 1640, Taly wrote:So like

I have an entire post that:
-
Unvotes
CS
, because holy shit, another person to assess means the previous case isn't necessarily valid at the moment, which is what I didn't want to happen.
-
States the reason why I wanted the
Nahdia
lynch with both my reasoning and other people's reasoning.
*cough* Maria *cough*

-
Votes
Fire
again because this is almost too bad to be town... but he has a cop claim...
-
Scream
"WTF"
at the fact that the ONLY person on the
PP
wagon that CARES about the
PP
wagon/lynch, is
Shoshin
-
Acknowledge and dislike the fact that
Pun
shits out a bunch of content only to disappear for the next 2-3 days
-
Hope
TBG
and
Espe
posts soon.

But I really just need to engage with people at the moment... particularly my townbloc and "read-sync"bloc.
(TW, Chara, Maria, Dun, Espe)

Vax
is arguably-cleared town too but I forgot he was in this game.
Oh no! Fire claims to be a cop! Quick people!

We must all read him as free of reaper influence! My armor if you can’t tell is powered by sarcasm.

Are there any other claims like IC or innos that I need to be aware of?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:55 am

In post 1636, ManWithNoName wrote:Welcome Commander Shepard.

VOTE: Fire Assassin
I hereby give you the name, Crewman. Welcome aboard the Normandy Crewman. (It means I townread you.)
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:56 am

In post 1633, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1610, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 1604, Dunnstral wrote:I don't want the Penguin Power wagon
Looking at Shoshin’s posts I can see some of why PP is probably scum.

Can you explain why you don’t want the wagon? Or give me a gist of where your head is at that I can review tomorrow morning?
They feel like dumb angry town
I need a quantum entangler power source.

This needs a lot more explanation.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1649, Commander Shepard wrote:VOTE: Shoshin

And pray tell why did you unvote PP?

Even in the worst case scenario where I read and hammer before you got to the thread in your opinion I would be hammering scum.

And don’t say the “quickhammer” possibility because your unvote came posts before.
I unvoted because the game he linked shows him questioning townreads so I want to reevaluate without him getting lynched.

If you're scum, your goals entering the thread wouldn't have been hammering PP (that assumes PP is town), they would have been faking town-tells and securing a mislynch.

The first thing you did is try getting Chara to townread you through your "I didn't quickhammer" logic. Except we both know that you're better than that as scum and you wouldn't have hammered PP regardless of his alignment.

Your reasoning assumes PP is town. If you're both scum, you don't hammer in that situation because it doesn't matter if he's lynched or you're lynched, what matters is trying to change town's thinking towards mislynching.

And now you're voting town. Is there any reason I shouldn't scumread you for this?
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:57 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

In post 1652, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 1651, Chara wrote:i have 15 minutes left of my break, and i'm spending it here.

I mean look at me. I have to work with an intergalactic Council and they don’t let me do my shit when I have saved the universe, twice!

To be fair, to my knowledge when you got to the bottom of all of it, you were messing around and shot at the ghost hologram thingey (I really was not paying attention by this point) because you thought it would be funny and doomed the entire universe. (I groaned when I realized this lead to the bad ending, but then proceeded to stick with it)

I don't trust the Fire cop claim, and I also do not like his reasoning for the vote onto Penguin Power.
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1650, Chara wrote:
In post 1645, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1625, Chara wrote:is Shoshin usually this simplistic? what benefit does scum PP gain from refusing to disprove something he can very easily disprove?
Why'd you read PP's refusal to mean he could easily disprove it but doesn't want to? Why isn't it something that he's refusing because he can't?
because when players say "i've done this as town before" it's true 99% of the time. and his attitude this game made his mindset easy to figure.
That hasn't been the case in my experience but okay let's assume it's true. Why wouldn't scum just claim that everything they're doing is how they play as town? And before you know it, that 99% stat quickly disappears.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 am

In post 1656, Shoshin wrote:

Even in the worst case scenario where I read and hammer before you got to the thread in your opinion I would be hammering scum.

And don’t say the “quickhammer” possibility because your unvote came posts before.
I unvoted because the game he linked shows him questioning townreads so I want to reevaluate without him getting lynched.

If you're scum, your goals entering the thread wouldn't have been hammering PP (that assumes PP is town), they would have been faking town-tells and securing a mislynch.

The first thing you did is try getting Chara to townread you through your "I didn't quickhammer" logic. Except we both know that you're better than that as scum and you wouldn't have hammered PP regardless of his alignment.

Your reasoning assumes PP is town. If you're both scum, you don't hammer in that situation because it doesn't matter if he's lynched or you're lynched, what matters is trying to change town's thinking towards mislynching.

And now you're voting town. Is there any reason I shouldn't scumread you for this?
1) As scum I know exactly when to sacrifice a slot and when not to. I am very good scum. The amount of people who accurately read me as scum is almost none and the amount who correctly read me as town is astronomically high. I don’t do things “for the reads”.

2) I don’t have a single game here as scum on this account. Pray tell where do you know me as better than this? I am pointing out a fact. PP’s alignment would still be whatever it is if scum!me (which doesn’t exist) hammers or not. You can’t say I would do it no matter what then say my reasoning assumes PP is town.

I generally assume the top wagon is scum on replace in and force people to prove it. Considering I am the alternative, if PP is town then this game has gone horribly askew.

3) I don’t think I am. PP providing a post where he does something as town doesn’t magically correspond to his alignment here and it shouldn’t invalidate any prior points you had. If it did you didn’t have any points or a case to begin with.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:09 am

Post by Shoshin »

Sheperd, you think Chara's town?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 am

In post 1657, ManWithNoName wrote:
In post 1652, Commander Shepard wrote:

To be fair, to my knowledge when you got to the bottom of all of it, you were messing around and shot at the ghost hologram thingey (I really was not paying attention by this point) because you thought it would be funny and doomed the entire universe. (I groaned when I realized this lead to the bad ending, but then proceeded to stick with it)

I don't trust the Fire cop claim, and I also do not like his reasoning for the vote onto Penguin Power.
Good points Crewman.

Fire + Shoshin + who else is on the Reaper ship?

Pedit yeah it seems pretty town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 am

Post by Shoshin »

Sheperd, you told me your main so that's how I know how you play.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:12 am

In post 1662, Shoshin wrote:Sheperd, you told me your main so that's how I know how you play.
And I don’t play like my main on this account hun. There’s reasons people alt hun. :cool:

You gonna address the rest of my response, or you gonna just ignore it?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Shoshin »

I didn't ignore it but I also didn't see anything that needed response to. Is there something you're asking about?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Shoshin »

Why is Chara town?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:17 am

In post 1659, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 1656, Shoshin wrote:

1) As scum I know exactly when to sacrifice a slot and when not to. I am very good scum. The amount of people who accurately read me as scum is almost none and the amount who correctly read me as town is astronomically high. I don’t do things “for the reads”.

2) I don’t have a single game here as scum on this account. Pray tell where do you know me as better than this? I am pointing out a fact. PP’s alignment would still be whatever it is if scum!me (which doesn’t exist) hammers or not. You can’t say I would do it no matter what then say my reasoning assumes PP is town.

I generally assume the top wagon is scum on replace in and force people to prove it. Considering I am the alternative, if PP is town then this game has gone horribly askew.

3) I don’t think I am. PP providing a post where he does something as town doesn’t magically correspond to his alignment here and it shouldn’t invalidate any prior points you had. If it did you didn’t have any points or a case to begin with.
So why would one post destroy your entire scumread on PP? And if it did why focus exclusively on someone to the exclusion of all others if your case is that bad?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:18 am

In post 1665, Shoshin wrote:Why is Chara town?
Because it is obviously town. Like they have town stamped in every post they’ve replied to me so far. It just like is town. I’d be skeptical of anyone thinking it’s scum.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm reevaluating PP in light of new information. The case wasn't inherently bad or good, it was a product of the information I had at the time.

I didn't focus exclusively on PP. I have other reads.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1667, Commander Shepard wrote:
Because it is obviously town. Like they have town stamped in every post they’ve replied to me so far. It just like is town. I’d be skeptical of anyone thinking it’s scum.
Can you explain it to me? It's fine if you think it's "obvious" but that doesn't mean it's beyond explanation.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:24 am

In post 1548, Shoshin wrote:Alright, fuck it. I'll make some cases on my scumreads. Because apparently that's what you guys need to see that I'm town.
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:I think Penguin's scum and this is why:

1) His posting on D1 is really shitty. He kinda lurks and complains about how he can't get reads and how his role is negative utility. Nothing town in his posting and he admits it when pushed for this very reason.

2) He votes Taly after it's already pretty obvious that Taly's town and that Taly is sort of leading the town. There's a pretty clear scum agenda to the push on Taly - stop Taly from unifying the town - but why push Taly if he's town? It's just a very bizarre push, one that I can't make sense of. And he keeps pushing Taly throughout the game (see below).

3) His degree of certainty that Pun was scum on D1 simply didn't square with the game. Like, PP kept saying that he had no problems dying or getting ranked 0 as long as we killed Pun too because that's how certain he was that Pun was scum. It's absurd because no townie would have been that confident about Pun. As a secondary matter, PP's self-destructive appeal is the sort of thing that almost always comes from scum, almost always. Townies just don't do that sort of thing, whereas scum often do it as a way to manipulate townies into thinking the player doesn't care about self-preservation even though that's actually their #1 priority.

4) PP's rankings are shit and his entire approach to scumhunting doesn't make any sense from a town perspective. He categorically scumhunts the people who are townreading him in 970 - "I'm not town enough to be read as town so the scum are probably among the people townreading me" - and that just doesn't make any sense from a town perspective. It's actually a very scum-aligned thought process because the scum would KNOW that anyone who townreads them is wrong. Also, what happened to the scumread on Pun? He's dropped any semblance of a push on Pun.

5) He continues casting subtle shade at Taly by questioning why Taly isn't voting him. Weird question from a town perspective. Townies are usually suspicious of people who vote them, not suspicious of people who don't. The question implies yet again that he thinks people shouldn't be townreading him, which is a thought process that makes more sense from a scum perspective who knows players shouldn't be townreading him.

6) He says I'm town all game until I stopped posting. Then he says I'm scum and votes me. What changed? I became a viable mislynch. The real problem with PP's vote is that he tries to justify it by reference to my town meta in 1352, when actually the only reason to vote me is just that I stopped posting because I was disengaged (not AI for me - I've been prodded in my town games on THIS site, including a game that PP read, yet haven't been prodded yet in this one).

The entire way PP's playing is very manipulative, it doesn't cohere with a townie's mindset, and his votes are opportunistic, determined by the sway of collective opinion. There's nothing townie anywhere to be found in his posting. Yes, it's an easy lynch, because he's probably scum.
Interesting indeed you’ve spent a good chunk on PP yet you say you have other scumreads who you conveniently never case so far and PP’s play doesn’t all of a sudden change to be not manipulative.

Tell me who else are your scumreads. Reevaluating my ass.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 am

In post 1669, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1667, Commander Shepard wrote:
Can you explain it to me? It's fine if you think it's "obvious" but that doesn't mean it's beyond explanation.
Yes quite frankly it is and is a waste of time. No one scumreads it so far in my catchup and it is quite obviously town. Defending an obvious townread when unnecessary is a spam.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

Yes, I'm reevaluating.

Off the top of my head, Maria was my top suspect on D1 and the first person I voted on D2. I've given reasons why I suspect her but haven't cased her yet. On D1, I didn't like things about Fire and I don't like his posting much today but I also don't like Esp's posting. I've had Taly as strong town throughout the game. I've been reading the worst as town. I read Screen as town and his replacement as town. I read Chara as town on D1 but I'm reevaluating based on the way she's reading Penguin. I'm paranoid about DV but also understanding of his disengagement.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Shoshin »

Sheperd, I'm actually trying to understand your thought process here as well as to read Chara better. If it's so "obvious" it shouldn't be hard to say what's town about it.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:34 am

In post 1672, Shoshin wrote:Yes, I'm reevaluating.

Off the top of my head, Maria was my top suspect on D1 and the first person I voted on D2. I've given reasons why I suspect her but haven't cased her yet. On D1, I didn't like things about Fire and I don't like his posting much today but I also don't like Esp's posting. I've had Taly as strong town throughout the game. I've been reading the worst as town. I read Screen as town and his replacement as town. I read Chara as town on D1 but I'm reevaluating based on the way she's reading Penguin. I'm paranoid about DV but also understanding of his disengagement.
That’s a lot of words to say “I have one other scumread that I am not talking about” which means you were exclusively focused on PP which proves my point. Shoshin is clearly a reaper.

And I don’t think spamming the thread discussing someone obviously town is good for the gamestate. I’d rather catchup.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”