Planned Changes: Newbie Game Deadlines

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 am

Post by chamber »

The relationship is clearly not that simple (for instance I think marathon format clearly favors town). But for going from 2 weeks to 1 week, it's likely true.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:13 am

Post by chamber »

How much harm do you think could come out of shortening things to 1 week from 2, zach? I think it might shift the site to shorter deadlines overall, but the fact of the matter is, people with limited time already need to hide away in the geriatric games (myself included). And by having an influx of players, we at least have people that will grow up and get more busy to continue to fuel games for people in that demographic.

Edit: and now I feel like I dogpiled on you because people ninja'd me. Sorry for that.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by chamber »

It seems axiomatic that with shorter deadlines less content would be produced over the course of the game. Why are you assuming the same amount would be produced in a shorter time window? I often get the impression players are just talking and interacting for the sake of doing it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 112, mastina wrote:I'm sure this could have hard data rather than anecdotal evidence gathered for it, too. Just track when a moderator declares a game starting and when a moderator declares a game over, the number of posts between the two, and the number of days between the two, and the length of their deadlines; that gives the relevant data points.
You can't assert something and expect others to gather the data to prove it for you.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 116, mastina wrote:If you assume the task requires the same amount of effort no matter what
Weren't you just talking about how games took significantly less posts in the far past earlier? I think that disproves this point.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #133 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by chamber »

Basically done I think? At least so far as 3.2 is more mobile friendly than 3.0 (which is a lot) its perhaps still not ideal, I'd need to use the site exclusively by phone for some period to figure out additional improvements.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”