Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 989, Nexus wrote:If someone has been banned for being detrimental to the site and people want to rage quit because of it, then it’s probably no great loss. We all know there’s a new place where they all congregation, and if you don’t, check out the advertising in the discord.
If you want to know some new peoples views I had a new user Email me asking me about my thoughts on the forum and its inhabitants. May as well quote this one little bit since I don't want to be one of those guys that post personal discords convos but I'll post my response.
Deleted User a - 05/29/2018
sup
As I've been asking: Thoughts on MS and it's inhabitants? What about the administration?

Garmr - 05/29/2018
I think they are really biased tbh
but most of them are decent people

Deleted User a - 05/29/2018
I can agree with that
Well to cut the story short we ended up agreeing that mafia scum admins tend to be biased against certain political views and they will treat people with those views differently sometimes unjustly. One sentence being used commonly is not free speech friendly. Also the high amount of people getting banned for "inappropriate behaviour around underage children" in the ban thread was a worry and the person wanted to know if it's a higher risk on this site. Also how it seems to occur more often on extreme left leaning sites.

If you want more people coming in through I would suggest facebook ads or an ad on youtube video or get a youtube personality to play a game of mafia in a fun way. Also try to fix the perceptions of this site somehow.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 996, chamber wrote:
In post 995, Garmr wrote:. Also how it seems to occur more often on extreme left leaning sites.
And you claim we are biased.
wasn't me who said that was the other person.

Edit:But if ignore the quoted you highlighted. That was public perception of someone who skimmed the forums.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:58 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1000, chamber wrote:Someones first impression included scanning the banthread? ok.
Well all that time a average newbie waits for their first game, they probably looked around the site I don't know, they found me in the banthread read my bans(which we also talked about) and then contacted me by email (Which is why i removed my email when I came back.). Beside why are you getting worked up over a comment most users on the site are decent people. It's not like they were accusing you of being one.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1002, chamber wrote:If you are reading me as upset you are wrong. Challenging bullshit doesn't require emotion. The bullshit may very well be from the person who contacted you, but its still bullshit you repeated.
Ok I'm not going to argue it since it isn't from my mouth. I don't have proof if left leaning sites have a higher ratio of it. Places like bulbapedia may just be oddities.

Edit: that being said if you want a influx of players advertise.

Edit:2 phrased that wrong just realised sorry.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1004, Psyche wrote:always so afraid to commit to the things you've said
Meh not really, Just the phrasing "other left leaning other than" doesn't flow well and if I was going back on what I said I would have to say something completely different to my original comment.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1006, xRECKONERx wrote:again, if the price we have to pay is lower user counts to have a space where bigotry and racism isn't tolerated, that's a fine price tbqh
Those words seem to lose a lot of meaning when they are misused.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1010, chamber wrote:
In post 1009, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 998, chamber wrote:
In post 997, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I would suggest having 1 week days. Many people don’t have the motivation/attention span to want to play for 2 week days. On MU, people even bitch anout 72 hr days (my personal favourite).

I also would prefer 24 -36 hr nights to 48.

72 hr days/24 hr nights would be ideal IMO but at the very least no longer than 1 week.
Mods can put whatever deadline they want on a game. Just uniformly enforcing a 1 week Day would completely alienate a lot of our existing users and can't be the answer. There are logistical questions of how to inspire mods to run a higher variety of phase lengths, as well as how to manage users accessing that increase variety.
A lot of people are put off by 2 week days, why not have variety?
I was arguing in favor of variety there (as opposed to uniform 1 week or 72h days). Variety is already allowed by the rules, so the question is how to make mods actually run a variety, and how to best let players access the speed they want to play at.
How about quick game ques and long game ques.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1012, chamber wrote:As has been discussed previously and recently, the Blitz queue had some issues that need to be resolved. But also, you can't just infinitely divide the queues. At some point more queues can't be the answer. If anything I think MS already has too many games in sign up at once for its current player base.
I say advertising and fixing wait times on newbie ques maybe having a newbie slot in normal games or a hydra buddies.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”