Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #963 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11, chamber wrote:Thoughts on just making mafblack default?
I use the sepia layout. The black doesn’t show up well on my iPad.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #965 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

It’s okay but I find mafsepia to be the easiest on the eyes.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #978 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I find the lack of a fully automated vote count to be extremely frustrating, especially when being mistaken about the vc, can adversely affect my game. This is especially frustrating it the mod isn’t diligent enough about it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #997 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I would suggest having 1 week days. Many people don’t have the motivation/attention span to want to play for 2 week days. On MU, people even bitch anout 72 hr days (my personal favourite).

I also would prefer 24 -36 hr nights to 48.

72 hr days/24 hr nights would be ideal IMO but at the very least no longer than 1 week.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1009 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 998, chamber wrote:
In post 997, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I would suggest having 1 week days. Many people don’t have the motivation/attention span to want to play for 2 week days. On MU, people even bitch anout 72 hr days (my personal favourite).

I also would prefer 24 -36 hr nights to 48.

72 hr days/24 hr nights would be ideal IMO but at the very least no longer than 1 week.
Mods can put whatever deadline they want on a game. Just uniformly enforcing a 1 week Day would completely alienate a lot of our existing users and can't be the answer. There are logistical questions of how to inspire mods to run a higher variety of phase lengths, as well as how to manage users accessing that increase variety.
A lot of people are put off by 2 week days, why not have variety?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1035 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1026, Frozen Angel wrote:I suggested some things about faster games in the other thread with poll about it gonna quote myself here:
In post 10, Frozen Angel wrote:I suggest reviving the blitz queue
In post 13, Frozen Angel wrote:Also, I suggest pullarity lynch games with a shorter deadline. I mean automatically lynching the player with most votes if no majority is achieved during the day! This will help faster games to be more about mafia than the wagonomics and buffs the town in a positive way.
In post 15, Frozen Angel wrote:A separate queue like blitz will help people who want faster games recognize them. If MS wants to adopts faster games as a part of its culture - which was my impression - having a separate queue for it will help it a lot.
In post 16, Frozen Angel wrote:72-24 for only majority and 36-12 with pullarity lynch are my suggestions. Both are widely used out of MS and people like them.
Yes, plurality deadline lynches ought to be a must. No lynch should only happen if players vote for it. But a majoritu needs to acheived for a maj lynch to occur. I personally like 72/24 for deadline plurality lynches and 36/12 for majority lynches.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”