Song Contest 119 (Entries up, votes due 7/1!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by xyzzy »

burkina faso - I really like the energy of this? it's the kind of music that made me like. involuntarily move. that's the good shit
croatia - this feels like the kind of song that would show up in a couple of fun indie movies and then suddenly it would get too much radio play. I like it but I don't necessarily want to ever listen to it again
sealand - this just really isn't the sort of thing I like at all. I feel like I've heard variants on this exact sound a thousand times before.
hungary - this sounds like the kind of thing you'd get a really strong emotional connection with because one of the counselers plays it on the last night of summer camp and you cry and hope you never lose these friendships. that's a good feeling to have even if the friendships don't last.
italy - this one is kind of weird to me. I don't really love it but I don't hate it either. I just don't really have strong emotions about it at all and it's very Fine
greece - this is a lot of fun and I'm super into it! a good jam that I would happily hear again
usa - I feel like this takes itself way too seriously. like it's good but it's not fun and I'm not here for music that isn't fun. kind of like the country you picked to represent it if you think about it
portugal - this could never be my favorite song, but I could still be close friends with someone for whom this is their favorite song who puts it on repeat whenever we're together. it would be a Friendship Jam. kind of like how my best friend is into the Netflix
Voltron
show. I don't know shit about that and I don't know what he's talking about when he talks about OTPs but I'm enthusiastic about friendship. if this is your favorite song shoot me a PM and maybe we'll become close friends!
liechtenstein - the bit with the horse neighing in the background near the very end of the song is a Big Mood
ecuador - I googled to find out what year this song came out but I already knew the song came out in 2004. obviously it came out in 2004. that's the most aggressively 2004 song I've ever listened to. that's the only year that song could've been made in
djibouti - this song crashed the music bot I was using to listen to the music in the foxchat discord. this is quite frankly unforgiveable
lebanon - I don't know a fucking thing about Touhou but this song was a good time. I hope someday there's a movie where the main character just fucking loves Touhou so that this song will appear in it during a montage. that would be a good movie
slovenia -
I used to like this kind of music but it's all just very silly to me nowadays. like just calm down and have a good time. there's no need to be all dramatic
actually I take that back. the last 5 seconds of this are a fucking jam
north korea - this was a nice, relaxing time. thank you for sharing it with me, whoever picked it.
mali - this had a fun and peppy sound. I had a fun time listening to it and would not mind hearing it again in the future.
nauru - the music and the vocals felt like a tonal mismatch; neither of them were bad but they don't really feel like they go together.
central african republic - this was worth spending 10 minutes of my life on
macedonia - in foxchat discord GL said "there's something about the voice that bothers me"
bhutan - I actually listened to this one last b/c the bot in foxchat discord couldn't find it. it was a nice, energetic way to close out the list!
macau - caled I literally played this song during that one song game we were both in. I can't believe you stole this song from me for song contest. unbelievable
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 47, xRECKONERx wrote:oh fuck i missed deadline :(
it's midnight PST so you can still theoretically pull it off I think!!!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Return to “General Discussion”