Song Contest 119 (Entries up, votes due 7/1!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

First!

I totally enteredfirst guys!!!

They'll never know I haven't picked a song yet!
Good work Ari!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I also actually entered this time :)

Tho my hope is always ~5th. I don't expect to win but I really enjoy the music sharing!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Aristophanes »

i still felt it dragged
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 am

Post by Aristophanes »

bowie hasn't won anything?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Burkina Faso - if your goal was to make me extremely uncomfortable for 3 minutes then good work, you succeeded. the visuals were creepy, the song was creepy, and the constant flashing (this should have seizure warnings) was really disorienting. I liked none of it.

Croatia - cute video, loved the song, and the lyrics have a great message. fun and relatable. liked this a lot.

Sealand - a little too rock and a little too repetitive. not bad, just not my thing.

Hungary - folk ballads get a decent rating from me. they have a lot of story and a lot of emotion. this one delivered.

Italy - great choice. very artistic and really full of emotion. the contrast between the calm center and the emotional lash out is really well captivated.

Greece - i really tike the techno beats and whatnot. i actually think i have heard this before, but never really listened to it. clever enough and a good chill song.

USA - there's a little too much angst in this song.
oh god it just got to the screaming part. i'm out.

Portugal - this is great. i am a big fan of this style, the loud strong, but not rock vocals are awesome and the harmonizing part is fun.

Liechtenstein - sounds like they're singing over a variety of nintendo noises. it's fun a light but a bit confused. not bad though.

Ecuador - this feels like it would fit on big shiny tunes and that's aight. it's still a little rocky for me but it should get some points. i kinda like it.

Djibouti - i love this song and this is a great version of it. gets stuck in my head all the time. plus, the video is a lot of fun.

Lebanon - i was really skeptical when i say an almost 9 minute long song, subbed. but i am so glad i gave it a chance. the story is great and i found myself bobbing along with the song from start to finish.

Slovenia - this was a very energetic submission. i am definitely in a mood where i can appreciate it. nicely arranged and good vocals. i like the spacey theme too.

North Korea - oh man, miles davis? classic. does that say it's with coltrane? daaaaamn.
great jazzy piece from some of the masters.

Mali - the british invasion throwback feel was awesome. i really like how they captured it. and the guinness pour at ~53 seconds in was perfect. well done to that barkeep.

Nauru - the rap didn't really felt it fit with the music. i just couldn't get into it because of this.

Central African Republic - bowie is always an amazing choice. he is fun but his songs are a little long sometimes. getting good marks but i get bored a bit as this goes on. I actually stopped a couple minutes early. i just couldn't anymore. sorry bowie.

Macedonia - this is a bit more my speed. good railroad song. and i love the harmonica.

Bhutan - uggh this just sounds like noise at the start. it's too busy. i'm sure it can be appreciated my some, but not me.

Macau - i like the pace, sound, and video for this song. good stuff.

voting in a bit. my thoughts are down though.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Aristophanes »

well, i know what not to enter now
- Jingle

Return to “General Discussion”