Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by projectmatt »

hi everyone, here's my thoughts while reading through the game:
Spoiler: long catch-up post
In post 7, Performer wrote:Well well well. Hello all, hello byron, I recall you as well from a newbie game I think. Man, I didn't think this would begin right before weekend. This is the first fm game I ever played where there's no need for a confirmation start. Interesting.

Byron how have things been? Is this your return to fm?

Honestly I joined because I noticed Golden, who I recall playing with before. Then a few more folks joined, that I recognized.

Also, I claim 1-shot mailman who upon death, turns into a 1-shot lynchproof.

VOTE: esp because he was scum in the mini normal I as town, won in - with the remarkable implosion who I learned a lot from. Well, I learned very much from many folks, to be honest.
this almost strikes me as being LAMIST but it's probably just town
In post 26, Kublai Khan wrote:Yeah, okay.

VOTE: PenguinPower
what made you join that vote?
In post 33, Ircher wrote:Can we flashwagon Kublai instead?
good post.

penguin's self-vote doesn't strike me as being scum. i'm curious if people will try to lynch him for that.

i do not like kublai's #37. he doubled down on his penguin read. however, his reasoning for voting penguin is that penguin is playing sub-optimally, and
not
that penguin is scum, which i don't like.

penguin is town based on page 2.

ircher is town too.
In post 68, Golden Robster wrote:
In post 65, PenguinPower wrote:Ok. Just know it's suspect, and I'll call it out later.
I'm so confused. Why are you taking Ircher calling Kublai scum seriously on page three of RVS?
In post 64, Ircher wrote:I think I will choose to keep my reasons confidential at the moment.
You don't have any empirical reasons so it's all gut right now. To me right now, it feels like:

Ircher is trying to generate RVS discussion by being aggressive and wishy-washy. Kublai is trying to leave RVS asap by questioning and being pedantic. PP trying to move RVS along by acting as a scapegoat for most of the discussion.

Not sure which is scum-motivated or if their even is scum in these three but Kublai pings me the most as the stereotypical "look at me im doing things" kind of play but even then I'm not sure if it's just his playstyle pinging me.

Only page three so I'm not taking any of what I'm writing seriously but I'll come back with more thoughts when more people post.
this is a good post.
In post 70, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 60, Ircher wrote:Good, you're scum anyway.
I don't like it when people make these kind of claims with no explanation in the post.

UNVOTE: Performer
VOTE: Ircher
this is a bad post. yikes.
In post 89, Creature wrote:This game's gonna give me a headache.
this post strikes me the wrong way just because this was super early in the game and barely anything significant let alone stressful had happened yet.
In post 113, Creature wrote:joral, what do you think about PP doing absolutely nothing?
not a fan of this either because it came on the heels of being scumread just a page ago. it looks like he's trying to distract from the read on him by deflecting and going "hey, look at this other guy."
In post 118, ByronVilla wrote:
In post 114, Hopkirk wrote:Where are you at Byron?
Currently Khan has caught my eye, calls you condescending whilst being condescending himself (see the interactions between #76 & #84), feels like flawed logic.

Creature is also worrying me slightly, but he seems like more of a frustrated town than scum so far.

In terms of any town reads so far, I'm leaning a bit towards PP. I appreciate his efforts to get wagons going, and his move to vote himself really helped to fuel some discussion.

Speaking of me liking wagons though, this Khan wagon is picking up some steam and I want to hop on it.

UNVOTE: Ircher
VOTE: Khan
perhaps bryan and i just play differently, but i don't like the way this post looks at all. these reads feel forced and i don't see any sense of progression/logic in them. his further analysis looks cautious and non-committal.

tommy's #124 is a towntell.
In post 136, Hopkirk wrote:108/118/122.
The progression here from Byron pings me a bit. Does stuff/gives thoughts when asked, but only really when asked. Could be reactive, could just be he was going to post the 118/122 anyway and its just a coincidence.

VOTE: Byron since guy i'm voting is inactive anyway
solid post.

ircher articulated why bryon's read list is bad in a very good way. still one of my strongest townreads.
In post 152, Espeonage wrote:I haven't been reading. There's quote chains so I skipped the pages except on a skim.
:igmeou:

i like golden's #156.
In post 168, UnrealSeal wrote:Alright, I've read through some stuff.

I agree with Espeonage vote since they seem to be more focused on trying to find "scum" (as in, trying to find reasons why someone is scummy) instead of townhunting, but I'm kinda nervous to put him at L-2 so early in the game, I'd like to see at least a couple more people on the spot before it comes to that, since I find L-2 can quickly become volatile.

I think Bryon and Hopkirk are pretty towny, both seem to be providing good analysis. Khan's a bit condescending but he's probably just asshole!town, seems like he's just trying to provoke reactions with aggression.
not a fan of this post but i'm not sure how to articulate why.

performer gets slight towncredit for trying to lead a bw on creature. that's a bold vote that needed to happen.

...and then instantly loses it for putting espeonage at L-1 =(. what's happening here? that's a weird lynch.
In post 206, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 190, Espeonage wrote:I'm skimming. I'm not negligent.
Hey Espeonage,

That lull in the game right now. Y''know, that lull where momentum is being lost and town apathy is creeping in. The one in the endgame where everyone is wondering how town could lose the game.
You're causing that lull.

"Skimming" is a way of saying "I'm only looking to respond to my name only". You're not scum-hunting and you're not defending yourself. Your aloofness is killing the game. It ruins every mafia game. Your playstyle is the worst.

Participate or replace out.
i've been apprehensive about kublai's play so far, but this is admittedly a very good post.
In post 220, UnrealSeal wrote:
In post 218, Tommy Egan wrote:
But anyway that is the most obvious sarcasm from PP in that post and if you can't notice that then I won't be able to explain it to you.
listen man I'm dumb as fuck, it's why I don't talk much IRL kek

also yeah how the fuck did performer think that was L-1 when we got a VC in 175, he votes creature in 177 and then goes directly back to espeonage, all within in the span of about 20 minutes.

nobody gets confused that easily, but I can't really think of any scum-motivations for it, so it just kinda baffles me.

also ircher, gonna look through your ISO, the wording you used really irks me.
i definitely do not like this post either.
In post 247, Creature wrote:I don't feel like doing ByronVilla.

Even though I'd be surprised if we don't do a regretful mislynch.
hm...

ircher's posts on page 11-12 suddenly got really bad scum-motivated, i'm not sure what's going on there.

jarjar/espe is likely to be town based on their analysis on page 12.

tommy's #308 is horrible. he condescendingly dismisses the scumread on him instead of trying to understand or dialogue. this is sometime caused by town arrogance, but it doesn't sound that way.
In post 331, Not_Mafia wrote:So tempted, so tempted
this looks LAMIST to me too.

i do not understand why kublai was nightkilled. there was a pretty heavy chance that i was going to push on him if he was still alive. weird.

unrealseal's guilty result seems real to me.
In post 375, UnrealSeal wrote:Yes, I am in fact conftown to one person, I won't out him since he's screaming at me enough as is but I'll leave this here in case he starts getting wagoned for some stupid reason

_ _ _ n _ _ _ b _ _ _ _ _ _ l _ _ _ _ _ e _ _ r _ _ e _ _ _ _ _ n _ , _ _ _ s _ _ _

Also, N_M, reading through your past games, I've noticed that you generally spot one person out and yell "X is scum". There was none of that this game so this is why I tracked you.
yeah, this is definitely town.
In post 420, Golden Robster wrote:N_M is 100% scum though; the only thing we are arguing about right now is the details of Seal's claim which I kind of agree are skeptical butafter that JarJar post confirming mason tracker is normal, am basically inclined to believe. Also what Ircher said is right and it basically becomes apparent since Seal is probably going to flip next night if no TP.

But mostly it's N_M being awful d1, zero content, quick hammering without a claim and after reading back byron's last post, his vote switch to N_M just indicts him even more and then his switch from VT to JOAT after he hit L-2.
this also solidifies golden as town.
In post 430, Performer wrote:Man....not mafia, radiantcowbells, bluebloodedtoffee, thor665, silverwolf, and implosion are the idols I've looked up to in learning a good chunk of how to play fm. So I've seen your town game, nm, and it can't be this ridiculous. I don't believe you're innocent.

@jar sadly you and ircher want the buddy to claim. :cry: I say it's not a good idea. I'm worried.
i like this post a lot too. damn, the last two pages are a goldmine for towntells.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by projectmatt »

to summarize:

town: golden, unreal, ircher

probable town: jarjar, hopkirk, golden, performer

scum: not-mafia, creature, tommy
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by projectmatt »

i intend to lynch not-mafia today as soon as we're ready.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

cool. you're town.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

hi everyone, i'm not flaking. real life keeps getting in the way of being able to post.

i'll catch up on my thoughts later tonight.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 526, Creature wrote:Can you not end the game before I have some fun?
this is one of the few posts that makes me think creature
might
be town, solely because i don't believe the mafia would be actively trying to prolong the day or slow down mislynches.
In post 531, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 522, Hiraki wrote:Anyone wanna claim the Performer kill?

Vote: Projectmatt
I think Hiraki is likely town but as I said, things point to the joral slot being town.

Gonna do some rereads to see who we should lynch today. Might be leaning penguin.

I dont think we need to mass claim but I wouldnt mind mason #2 claiming. Also the vig can claim the shot too.
hi, you never really elaborated on this. i would like to hear your thoughts on who the mafia is. why do you lean on penguin? do you still see them as viable scum?
In post 534, Golden Robster wrote:in the back of my mind am like "did ircher bus"
did you end up iso'ing him again? i honestly thought the way he tried to rush today was kind of weird but i can't shake the feeling that he's town after reading his iso.

the only thing i dislike about penguin's play today is that he seems overtly focused on defending himself and showing that he's not mafia, and his vote on jarjar looked like something that was done to invalidate his read as opposed to being a genuine scumread
In post 554, Creature wrote:I feel like scum is pretty obvious rn but we gotta find town to feel better.
yeah? who is the obvious scum? is it me?

jarjar's unvote on #558 strikes me as being town-cautiousness.
In post 559, Hiraki wrote:The fact that we're all saying Joral should also sound off at least something.
i want to hear more of your analysis/thoughts.

at the moment, i'm actually leaning on hikari being scum, or likely to be scum. i originally townread their opening post but i think they've been coasting off of the town cred that it gave them ever since, and i also feel like their analysis/reads so far have lacked considerable depth, and feel more made up to the fit the moment.

the other person in my scumpool is creature because i townread literally everyone else to an extent.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by projectmatt »

vote: hikari

change my mind
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by projectmatt »

vote: hiraki***

i can't spell
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 582, Hiraki wrote:LOL

JORAL IS INCRIMINATED BY A CLOWN SCUMFLIP AND YOUR BEST MOVE IS TO CALL ME SCUM BECAUSE THAT CREDIBILITY THAT I EARNED 5 DAYS AGO AFTER A CONFIRMED SCUM FLIP IS GONE??

HAHAHA LET'S FINISH THIS
what
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 588, Hiraki wrote:I just have to point out how fake all of that post is though

PJ TRs my opening post but then says that my reads are shallow... where did those shallow reads come from? Hmmm...
the idea of you "coasting off" towncred comes from the fact that your catch-up post came right as notmafia was getting lynched, and ever since that post i feel like your reads/general gameplay have gotten lazier.

for example, you insisted on not deeply considering other scum candidates until i flip town, in this post:
In post 494, Hiraki wrote:I'm not willing to go that far yet. If PM somehow DOESN'T flip scum here, then we can discuss.
which immediately gives you a reason to coast and not actually have to develop your own reads until a later point in the game (ie: when i get lynched)
In post 559, Hiraki wrote:The fact that we're all saying Joral should also sound off at least something.
this is a reiteration of your previous read with an appeal to faulty logic (if "everyone" scumreads something, it's not true)

and your response to me calling you out for that was to largely overreact and accuse my post of being fake.

considering that and your predecessor's awful posts, i don't regret my vote on you
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by projectmatt »

anyway i don't really expect to get you lynched today but that's fine. i'm perfectly ok with being lynched if it means my read will be taken seriously.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 585, Ircher wrote:Yeah, I think we just go ahead and lynch Projectmatt. I'm like 70% confident that will end in a semi-perfect town victory.
elaborate on this read.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 594, Hiraki wrote:OK. So let's start using the actual timeframe here because the fact that you're making it sound like this has been going for days on days on end is not only scummy but also completely wrong.

I joined the game Saturday around 8 AM (I think I honestly replaced in the night before before I went out but I'm guessing at this point - it doesn't really matter), I then posted at 8 PM without reading the game. This is almost eerily apparent due to people's reactions to my post thinking that I was going to vote you rather than N_M. N_M was then lynched that night or the following day.

The game then resumes, the next day on Tuesday. It is now Thursday at 9:30. What span of time does a person lose all town credibility between 3 posts that only one person points out could be even remotely scummy? Oh goodie, you go into how they're somehow scummy too.
to be clear, i thought that you were town based on your very first catch-up post, and specifically said so in #492. i thought that your analysis was reasonable and that you articulated some of the things i was thinking during my own read-through. my townread on you also came with the expectation that you would continue to towntell, or to develop reads, or to generally show a thought process.

the reason my read on you changed is because it feels like you're coasting off of your catch-up post based on the posts that i outlined. it's not that you haven't posted much, it's that you went out of your way to say that you weren't planning on looking into other reads until after my flip. that's why it made me uncomfortable, and why it came off as scum-motivated. the time of span is irrelevant, because you already want the day to be over.
In post 594, Hiraki wrote:Actually, I called Joral scum pretty early on in the game. Maybe that's why I want you dead? Is this really that hard to follow? I'm not throwing shit out of thin air here.
yes. my entire point is that your read on me/joral feels like an attempt to avoid actually scumhunting.
In post 594, Hiraki wrote:Actually, that could not be further from the truth. My point is that you've done nothing to elevate Joral's slot from its already tarnished state. That's why we're saying Joral and not PM. No one even remembers (except you and Hopkirk, which really says a lot about who's coming after me) who I replaced and I don't think he played a good game either way.
cool. this is the kind of post i want to see from you, and it's the lack of points like these that made me think you were lazyscum trying to coast through having to scumhunt. why do you think that i haven't elevated joral's slot? who do you think mafia could be if i end up flipping town?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 599, Ircher wrote:
In post 593, projectmatt wrote:
In post 585, Ircher wrote:Yeah, I think we just go ahead and lynch Projectmatt. I'm like 70% confident that will end in a semi-perfect town victory.
elaborate on this read.
No. Or at least, not at the moment.
why?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 602, JarJarDrinks wrote:I'll do projectmatt or creature, dont even really have a preference. Pretty sure we lynch them back 2 back and we win.
why did you ignore my questions from the last page? why did your reads just do a 180?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 579, projectmatt wrote: hi, you never really elaborated on this. i would like to hear your thoughts on who the mafia is. why do you lean on penguin? do you still see them as viable scum?
how is that vague?

my question now would be: how did you just go from scumreading penguinpower and townreading me and creature to suddenly deciding that the mafia is definitely inbetween me and creature?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by projectmatt »

UNVOTE
because this is weird
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:08 am

Post by projectmatt »

neat. i'm a vanilla townie.

i legitimately haven't been able to post due to work and life, but upon close consideration i think that my reads in this game were largely off and that it was kind of stupid of me to scumread hiraki.

one of my townreads is mafia, and it very well might be penguin after a brief iso.

anyway, good luck. sorry i didn't get to impact this game as much as i had wanted to.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 647, Ircher wrote:*sigh*
why are you sighing when the town is in an objectively good position
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 am

Post by projectmatt »

intending to hammer soon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

alright. i guess stalling the day out isn't yielding anything useful.

vote: penguin
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 am

Post by projectmatt »

I love the fact that I basically gave up on trying this game and lucked myself into autowin.

I am town. I still hardclaim VT. I'm not a mason.

If I'm understanding this right, the Hopkirk flip should end the game. If it doesn't, it means that Ircher has to be scum unless JarJarDrinks did a fakeclaim gambit, which would be extremely unlikely.

In that case, please jail me tonight.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”