Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

Well, as a new member, I believe the site will remain for really long. On my main forum, we're like 20 to play mafia regularly, and get some new players in. Some stick with us and play more. It's really a small community, and people have been bringing up concerns like this for years. But... the community hasn't really became smaller, we're growing and becoming better. I believe it's the same with MS, but even less near. To quote the head of FM: "It's like the end of the world: yes, it will come, but it's not soon, and people will keep talking about it until it happens." MS is still VERY big, and will survive for many years with a good level of activity. Unless the end of the world comes before that :)
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 1033, Frozen Angel wrote:Existing of something like the blitz queue will advertise games with a shorter deadline and will allow players who get bored with long deadlines - end up flaking - or are used to faster games to have a queue for themselves. From a user experience perspective, allowing something to exist and giving it special notice/making a separate queue for it is really different. Everywhere on web MS is famous for its long deadlines.

I can name at least 100 players who might try playing on ms at least once if they see a good blitz game running here - and those are the ones I can name. Some new players might be leaving this site because the games are long and boring for them. Allowing variety and noticing it, will help this site a lot.
I agree with Frozen. I'm used to 48h days and 24h nights, and having close to 1000 posts on D1. It's literally another game. I talked to people on that forum about MS, and when I told them what was different, I mentioned the deadlines, and every player I talked to reacted like this: "Wtf? It's way too long, never I'll play that lol..." grosso modo.

That being said, I also believe there should be some "advertisment" for the longer games, because it's another formula, and I come here for this. If there were only "blitz" games, as you call them, I'd stay at the motherland lol.

Use the strenghts of the site while acquiring new ones is the TL;DR of my posts.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”