Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1038 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 1034, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 1027, zoraster wrote:top down player-focus is a good idea IF that doesn't decrease the number of moderators we have. With new, user-friendly tools, I think that's a place we can get to. But as it stands, the more restrictions we put on what mods can do, the fewer people are likely to mod. It's also worth pointing out that at least for returning players, mod excitement does play a role in player engagement.
I'm not sure this is true. Placing restrictions on moderators may actually
increase
the number of moderators, because I have a suspicion that many players who want to mod games aren't doing so because of a shortage of ideas / not knowing what would fill.
Seconding this.
I've always felt more constrained as a moderator by a shortage of ideas and not knowing if my game fills demand than by the time it takes to actually moderate. A more clearly defined way for players to say what they want would be extremely helpful. As awesome as more automated tools to help run games would be, creativity is the biggest constraint and I think a lot of other mods feel similarly. Those who don't are welcome to send me a PM if they're interested in collaborating.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo

Return to “Mafia Discussion”