Shorter deadlines question for the community

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Would you play a game with shorter deadlines (less than the two week average)?

Yes.
55%
No.
32%
Presently? Yes, I'd play a game with shorter deadlines, but not in the future.
5%
Presently? No, I wouldn't play a game with shorter deadlines, but definitely in the future.
2%
Maybe. Please comment!
6%
Other. Please comment!
2%

Total votes: 66

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 30, Inferno390 wrote:See, I’m really comfortable with the game length right now.
And what everyone seeems to be forgetting in their attept to “cater to the next generation” is that they are really fricking with the meta of the established players of this site.
10 days I’m comfortable with. I’d prefer 11-12 just so we could give 2 day nights and have one game cycle go approximately 2 weeks.
But seven days seems really short. I can hardly imagine good town development happening within that frame.
Besides that, I find it really falling that the site is now falling to the low of changing site meta to try and convince newbies who may or may not stay anyways to keep playing.
Which is not to say that we shouldn’t at least try to make newbies feel welcome. But there’s no way we can reasonably give everyone exactly what they want, and focusing on the people who don’t have a commitment to the site while forcing the regulars to change to them is foolish. There’s a two way street here that both sides have to use. Newbies have to be willing to adapt to us as much as we have to be willing to adapt to them. Which is not what I’m seeing. What I’m seeing is “Oh, the newbies are complaining about the site, so we’re gonna make everyone else change to fit them.” Which is not healthy for the site at all.
Players and moderators are still welcome to run/sign up for games that follow their preferences outside of the Newbie Queue. But for the sake of consistency there is no variation in the Newbie Queue. The change to 10 days for Day 1 and 7 for other day phases is a compromise between players who want deadlines at 4-7 days and players who want them at 14 days. The site isn't going to grow by catering to just one side or the other. In fact there's about 6 years worth of evidence showing that catering only to 14 day deadline players is a road to decline.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo

Return to “Mafia Discussion”