Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #799 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 am

Post by brassherald »

I think one thing to promote retention would be to lower the duration of the days. I would be willing to bet you lose most players in their first newbie game during day 1.

Also, a ranked queue is just going to lead to toxicity, in my opinion. Like, if a player ends up ranked number 3 in the forum, how do we now make it so that this player is in games that match his (now, fully measured) skill level without just forcing the top 9-21 players to play literally every game together? It will lead to elitism and smaller queues.

I also think we need a fully formed theory of the ranked system including the method of scoring, etc. before anyone can really say "Yeah, this works" How do we score a mafia player? Is it pure win/loss? Do they earn points for lynching a player of the other faction? Do you earn more points by playing against someone better than you? Does it account for luck at all?

Even if I thought the ranked system was a good idea, the discussion would need to begin with "Here's a ranking system, let's work out the kinks." not "let's have a ranking system"
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1039 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 am

Post by brassherald »

I think replace outs are an issue that someone should look into.

I just checked and there are 2 active games on the entire site which have not yet had a replace out. Both are micro games.

I know I've been contributing to this issues but I've resolved now that anything short of an emergency will not warrant my replace out. But, we have fewer games starting, we have more replacements occurring, and we have fewer people willing to replace in, it seems.

Is this normal for summer?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”