Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Haven't read particularly in depth yet. Don't really have too much time to post right now.

But, even with nothing but a half-assed skim under my belt, I know that Staeg's almost certainly town here; pretty sure he's been mislynched (or should have been mislynched) in every game that we've played together in the past three years but the way that he responds to things with the sort of doe-eyed and underwhelming snark is exclusively his town meta. Think Muffin's push here is opportunistic. The rest of his reads are OK but as a whole underwhelming.

Vote: zMuffinMan
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 444, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 412, Fate wrote:Everything has always been known. Sample pm added to officially complete my setup ritual and the opening posts

Remember FATE games dont get broken

They break you.

Enjoy
What makes sense is that yes, mafia had a way to know about the name of town before it was posted as a sample pm. Kuribo loses points for trying to act like they were confirmed town up until th epoint the mod came in thread and confirmed they weren't
You're technically correct that maybe mafia had a way to know the name of town before a sample PM was posted.
But we are playing a Fate game here - it took me a couple minutes to figure out my alignment in this game so entirely possible he forgot to let mafia know important things like "town is called Harmony".

I think that kuribo looks decently town outside of that. I don't have specifics now (I'd probably be throwing out things like "swagger" or "self-satisfied smirk" if I tried to talk about it now), but 1) do you have an opinion on kuribo outside or the harmony stuff and 2) are you really willing to die on this hill? because it looks like you're in the process of dying on this hill.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

DGB is another "pretty much lock town" read in this game; she doesn't have anywhere the same amount of bite whether scum or town and, while I can find that playing with scumpartners she likes can elevate her play, I don't think that it would be elevated to this level.

I understand where LLD's coming from this game (it's an extremely awkward and uncomfortable place to come from), but DGB's just being DGB at this point and there's no reason for continued interactions here - you're just making yourself angrier and this game will continue to grate and be unfun until you manage to let go/disconnect from that particular piece. I have no problems with her reads so far, like the Kuribo/Maria observation in particular. I initially didn't understand it, but there was a similar and different dynamic with RC and Kuribo and believe that both Maria and Kuribo have the type of pride in their scumgames that can lead to an interaction like that.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 410, Fate wrote:Dont make me break out my modkill stick as I read this thread

Fucks know better
In post 412, Fate wrote:Everything has always been known. Sample pm added to officially complete my setup ritual and the opening posts

Remember FATE games dont get broken

They break you.

Enjoy
How do you interpret this series of posts, Nacho?

I interpret it as the modkill comment aimed at Kuribo for talking about mafia not knowing about harmony, and then fate confirming that they did know about harmony from the start
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Espeonage also seemed pretty town.

My interpretation is sloppier than yours. I don't find this line of thought to be productive in any way at all.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 451, Nachomamma8 wrote:1) do you have an opinion on kuribo outside or the harmony stuff and 2) are you really willing to die on this hill? because it looks like you're in the process of dying on this hill.
Lots of bravado but I'm not interested in voting there

I take trouble at LLD acting like she's sheeping MariaR here when they're blatantly not in the thread and were unsure of their read

Pixiecollective is in lala land
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Wait no, I know for sure that no new information was added with the arrival of the sample pm since I asked about it
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 455, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 451, Nachomamma8 wrote:1) do you have an opinion on kuribo outside or the harmony stuff and 2) are you really willing to die on this hill? because it looks like you're in the process of dying on this hill.
Lots of bravado but I'm not interested in voting there

I take trouble at LLD acting like she's sheeping MariaR here when they're blatantly not in the thread and were unsure of their read

Pixiecollective is in lala land
I'm not sheeping Maria, you take that back.

I'm respecting Maria's ability to read you, if she suddenly strongly feels one way I'm going to heavily consider it because I have Maria as town.

As of right now, Maria has said nothing but "eh" towards you, and my read on you is scummy, so I'm voting you.

Don't get it twisted, don't represent it another way.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 420, camntsuki wrote:Hey people! It's me!
My partner was not lying (for once) about my VLA status. I am crazy busy for 2 weeks.. and no way will I be able to keep up. I told him he was on his own till then.

So, I have only really kind of skimmed.. BUT skimmed enough to see ~DGB vs LLD~.
Obviously..
VOTE: LLD

Like, are you fucking kidding me? Let's do this.
I am down for a grudgelynch on her any time.
Plus- Goof is right! Emotions are scummy. Who has time to have emotions during RVS? Anyone not sheeping goofball on this has questionable judgement. Including my esteemed partner.

That is all. I may check in again in a couple days. But I am working a bunch, plus trying to wrap my head around Nine Inch Nail's recent EP-trilogy.
I must gilt and frame this post.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:56 pm

I don't get this business.

Is there some mystery reason why it's impossible for LLD to be scum? Or for people to try to figure out her alignment? Did I walk into a therapy session?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:16 pm

In post 452, Nachomamma8 wrote:DGB is another "pretty much lock town" read in this game; she doesn't have anywhere the same amount of bite whether scum or town and, while I can find that playing with scumpartners she likes can elevate her play, I don't think that it would be elevated to this level.

I understand where LLD's coming from this game (it's an extremely awkward and uncomfortable place to come from), but DGB's just being DGB at this point and there's no reason for continued interactions here - you're just making yourself angrier and this game will continue to grate and be unfun until you manage to let go/disconnect from that particular piece. I have no problems with her reads so far, like the Kuribo/Maria observation in particular. I initially didn't understand it, but there was a similar and different dynamic with RC and Kuribo and believe that both Maria and Kuribo have the type of pride in their scumgames that can lead to an interaction like that.
I feel like every post she's making is trying to bait me into a fight tbh.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:18 pm

In post 459, DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't get this business.

Is there some mystery reason why it's impossible for LLD to be scum? Or for people to try to figure out her alignment?
Did I walk into a therapy session?
Like what's this for? What is the motivation of writing this line beyond trying to make me angry?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Also the implication that people aren't trying to sort my alignment when 3 separate players have all said "I don't trust anyone's read on LLD but my own"....

is DGB reading the same game I am

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:27 pm

In post 460, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I feel like every post she's making is trying to bait me into a fight tbh.
I'm not even talking to you, you don't have to answer any of my posts. I'm talking to the others.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm

It's been a policy of mine not to bother trying to convince the scum that they're scum.

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 449, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 446, Kokichi Oma wrote:So. What's the consensus here?
How much of the thread have you read?
Not much tbh. Busy irl which is why VLA. BUT once I do, :cop: scum should be scared
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Oh wait, I remember reading stuff. I had Esp town and one other person town but, forgot. I'll check tomorrow
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Despite Nacho's town meta case I'm still happy on Staeg.

Seems replicatable, especially with people that know of the meta existing. That said Nacho's push on muffin would be good if it wasn't vain.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 464, DrippingGoofball wrote:It's been a policy of mine not to bother trying to convince the scum that they're scum.
Can I sig this post game?
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Kinda want to start an argument with Kuri bc I read angry better than I read normal.

One the same note, and this may sound bad, but I want to wait and watch LLD. I think I'll be able to get a read I can believe in there rather than follow other people. Especially when I have never been able to read DGB with any conviction historically.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I promise I'll get engaged when a proper argument kicks off.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Hey Kok I want an explanation of your read on me. I don't want to get pocketed and I have caught you a couple of times recently.
Don't @ me.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Meta is the best I can explain right now. You act differently as scum.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I resent that.
Don't @ me.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

work kicking my ass. will be around tomorrow morning probably
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”