thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:57 am

Post by thepixiecollective »

In post 452, Nachomamma8 wrote:DGB is another "pretty much lock town" read in this game; she doesn't have anywhere the same amount of bite whether scum or town and, while I can find that playing with scumpartners she likes can elevate her play, I don't think that it would be elevated to this level.

I understand where LLD's coming from this game (it's an extremely awkward and uncomfortable place to come from), but DGB's just being DGB at this point and there's no reason for continued interactions here - you're just making yourself angrier and this game will continue to grate and be unfun until you manage to let go/disconnect from that particular piece. I have no problems with her reads so far, like the Kuribo/Maria observation in particular.
I initially didn't understand it, but there was a similar and different dynamic with RC and Kuribo and believe that both Maria and Kuribo have the type of pride in their scumgames that can lead to an interaction like that.
I can't parse the bold at all. cld you unpack this for me?

is your muffina vote a srs vote? I hope it is a srs vote. but I wld like to lynch dunnstral first.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Espeonage »

mollie, talk to me about why you have reads, but are prioritising them, especially when they are done in an order of leaving the better scum player alive longer.

Because the logic there is lost on me.
Don't @ me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:51 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 469, Espeonage wrote:Kinda want to start an argument with Kuri bc I read angry better than I read normal.
I'd rather you didn't, I'm already on thin ice both in the game and on the site

And the reason I stopped playing mafia in the first place is because I got tired of being a hateful and toxic presence

Calling people inbred pigfucking godless whores is incredibly draining and depressing
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Espeonage »

Im not gonna.
Don't @ me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:59 am

Post by kuribo »

I mean the last two games I've played, I've had friends of YEARS express a desire to never play with me again

Yet I hear shit like oh if he's not mad he must be s I'm

Don't you people understand I can get just as angry as scum?

Don't y'all realize once I turn it on, I can't fucking turn it off?

Do you guys not get that I don't want to be that person?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:01 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 479, kuribo wrote:I mean the last two games I've played, I've had friends of YEARS express a desire to never play with me again

Yet I hear shit like oh if he's not mad he must be s I'm

Don't you people understand I can get just as angry as scum?

Don't y'all realize once I turn it on, I can't fucking turn it off?

Do you guys not get that I don't want to be that person?

EBWOP: "must be scum" not must be "s I'm"

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:06 am

Post by kuribo »

And for the record this is why I get LLD's frustration

She got Fucking WOTC'd out of the game before the mid overruled it

You people decided she was such a toxic individual that you'd rather not play with her at all.

You don't see why she'd be frustrated? I feel her pain, because I don't want to end up in her position where people would rather not play with me anymore. She's frustrated because she feels like DGB is baiting her, I imagine. And While I disagree on that point, I do understand how it is when you're trying to be a better site presence.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Espeonage »

That's fair.
Don't @ me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't really enjoy nacho's 2 posts that he made doesn't seem as confident is the best way I can say it I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep my vote on stag
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:14 am

Post by MariaR »

I have my Dunnstral read but I'll keep it to myself for now and see how others play on it cause I expect others to sheep my Dunn read once I say it.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:16 am

Post by MariaR »

I can see why Esp is town but not to the extent people are saying. I wanna hear more on that.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:18 am

Post by MariaR »

DGB is trying so they're town most likely. That's all I got
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 468, Espeonage wrote:
In post 464, DrippingGoofball wrote:It's been a policy of mine not to bother trying to convince the scum that they're scum.
Can I sig this post game?
Be my guest.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:57 am

In post 481, kuribo wrote:She's frustrated because she feels like DGB is baiting her,
I've never had a problem with LLD, I've always enjoyed playing with her (though I have not played for a long time until recently), and I have never participated in WOTC. I play with friends and mortal enemies alike. If I were to guess, LLD enjoyed playing with me, too. This is absolutely not personal.

I just find her scummy as hell. But now for some reason we have a player that is lynch-proof for social reasons? And declaring her scummy is perceived as baiting?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:01 am

In post 484, MariaR wrote:I have my Dunnstral read but I'll keep it to myself for now and see how others play on it cause I expect others to sheep my Dunn read once I say it.
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Blurt it out

I'm considering sheeping since we have to walk on egg shells around LLD-scum. So far I haven't seen a case.

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Feysal »

I've read up to page 12, responding to some posts I've seen so far.
In post 163, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:If you think he's scum, then clearly my reasoning aligned into yours and found the right target. Why discredit that reasoning and then put your vote there?
Others have already commented on this, but I may have something to add. I did not even think in terms of discrediting anyone, I simply posted my thoughts as they were. I did not think your reason for suspecting Espeonage was very strong, but I did not care - I tried to imagine the thought process behind it, and felt it was more likely to come from town. The fact that I was suspicious of Espeonage for a separate reason did not hurt either.

I think I would rather trust someone who is wrong for the right reasons, than someone who is right for the wrong reasons, if you get my meaning. You were a bit of both.
In post 173, camntsuki wrote:ITS NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK FEYSAL

CANT HAVE AN OLDIE GAME WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE WALLPOSTER
I almost did not sign up, but I could not resist seeing so many familiar names in one game. I'm glad to be back.
In post 207, zMuffinMan wrote:I thought Espy's self-conscious posts were kind of town.
(cut)
...even though the reasoning is flawed; I think I'm self-aware enough that I'd still post similarly if I were scum.
I don't understand this. If you think your self-awareness helps you act like town, would it not help Espeonage also? Why then would you interpret those posts as town?
In post 208, thepixiecollective wrote:So ya don't go there. Take a closer look at Kokichi excluding that post and tell me what you see.
It was more of a note to self. I will go there, but definitely not on the first day.

I don't really see much content from Kokichi to base any read on. The only town ping I get is from that comment about having had a town read and forgetting who it was, that sounds pretty uninformed to me.
In post 272, AnonymousGhost wrote:Is it safe to assume that whomever you're voting for is a scum read?
Yes. It has been a long time since my last game, but I don't remember ever really using votes for pressure.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 am

Feysal I hope you'll pay me some attention in your next post.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 488, DrippingGoofball wrote:I just find her scummy as hell. But now for some reason we have a player that is lynch-proof for social reasons? And declaring her scummy is perceived as baiting?
I didn't say either of those at all. I'm saying she may feel baited because of your reasoning for calling her scum. I know you see it as a universal scumtell, and we've had conversations about that very subject.

I'm also not saying she's lynchproof, but I'm saying that this particular action is not something I see as scummy. If she's scum, I want more.

Listen, we both know lynching LLD is a drawn-out, frustrating, emotional experience. She doesn't go down without a fight. If the need arises, I'm absolutely able to go toe-to-for and help push her wagon right alongside you. But I need more than "AtE."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:18 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't know if I've ever played a game with LLD where she didn't bring up her RL stuff, regardless of her alignment

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:26 am

In post 492, kuribo wrote:But I need more than "AtE."
90% of my case is about wishy-washy-ness.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:26 am

In post 234, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 163, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Maria and Kuribo's bigus dickus contest over who knows me more ending in a draw makes me feel they're both town. Or both scum? I don't see that interaction coming from TvS and them both being scum doesn't fit what I'm feeling in gut soooooooooooooooo call them both town.

Katsuki is doing Katsuki things. Would like to hear more from Camn head, will be easier to parse. Could lynch this slot literally any time, the longer it lives the worse Katsuki's lurkaderp live until endgame style is going to become a problem due to paranoia.

Ghost's response(124) to Kuribo's threat(44) is weak and feels very much like they know that backing down from Kuribo there gets them hung, but they don't know how to properly play it out, so they went for the classic "I don't care". It looks like they care. A lot. I don't like it.

Staeg calling my lazy ass posting about Espy very good is weird but not suspicious? I don't think staeg does that as scum buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt it certainly is kinda /shrug

Espy's response to my post is more of the same strategy? It's weird they doubled down on getting ahead of the push, when I called them out of it. It's NAI, but weird. Makes me twitch.

That said I have a bigger problem. Feysal's post regarding Espy is fucking AWFUL.

How are you going to, in the same post, do all the following

1) Call me town
2) Call my reasoning for voting Espy bad
3) Vote espy yourself

there's a disconnect there somewhere I just don't.... get it. If you think he's scum, then clearly my reasoning aligned into yours and found the right target. Why discredit that reasoning and the put your vote there?

Vote: Feysal
  • "makes me feel they're both town. Or both scum?" WISHY WASHY SCUM COMMENT
  • "Would like to hear more from Camn head, will be easier to parse." So camn is readable BUT: "until endgame [Katsuki's] style is going to become a problem due to paranoia. " Building a framework for future paranoia. SCUM
  • "classic "I don't care". It looks like they care. A lot. I don't like it." UGH????????????????? "I don't like it" is a superfluous, meaningless "conclusion." It leaves the door open to anything.
  • "
    I don't think
    staeg does that as scum
    buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    it certainly is
    kinda /shrug
    " - ULTIMATE SCUM making a comment to literally make no comment.
Feysal is LLD's buddy.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:02 am

Post by kuribo »

God damn

I very rarely ever solidify a read on DGB day 1, simply because it's dangerous. And when I do solidify that read the first day, it's because I've caught her as scum. Divining DGB's alignment is like tasting a fine wine or conjuring a dead Erdrich abomination: its best to take your time

For once though, I feel really really comfortable calling her town now.

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Fate »

In post 425, Fate wrote:

Vote Count:

"When there's nothing left to burn you set yourself on fire"

-Scorpio, Pluto, 8th House

camntsuki-Sagitarrius: To Unify (0)
zMuffinMan- Virgo: To Serve (0)
Kokichi Oma- Gemini: To Listen (1) Staeg
MariaR- Aquarius: To Liberate (0)
AnonymousGhost- Scorpio: To Transform (0):
thepixiecollective- Cancer: To Nourish (0)
DrippingGoofBall- Libra: To Balance (0)
Espeonage-Gemini: To Listen (2) Feysal, AnonymoustGhost
Kuribo- Gemini: To Listen (0)
Feysal- Virgo: To Serve (1) Lady Lambdadelta
Nachomamma8- Pisces: To Let Go (0)
Staeg- Aquarius: To Liberate (3) Espeonage, MariaR, zMuffinMan
LadyLambdadelta- Taurus: To Produce (2) DGB, camntsuki
Dunnstral- Cancer: To Nourish (3) thepixiecollective, Kuribo, Lady Lambdadelta

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Kokichi Oma, Dunnstral

With 13 alive it takes 7 to obliterate someone.

Deadline: July 15th

woo
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:05 am

Post by thepixiecollective »

In post 476, Espeonage wrote:mollie, talk to me about why you have reads, but are prioritising them, especially when they are done in an order of leaving the better scum player alive longer.

Because the logic there is lost on me.
I am not sure what you are asking here? I have reads but they aren't in any particular order yet cos I am not fully done obtaining them. are you talking about me wanting to lynch dunns over muffina? its cos dunns is the stronger scumread. my townreads are...well, my townreads.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 496, kuribo wrote:God damn

I very rarely ever solidify a read on DGB day 1, simply because it's dangerous. And when I do solidify that read the first day, it's because I've caught her as scum. Divining DGB's alignment is like tasting a fine wine or conjuring a dead Erdrich abomination: its best to take your time

For once though, I feel really really comfortable calling her town now.
Not saying she's scum, because I honestly think DGB's range is high enough to do this as either alignment (which is why I just skip her day one... and I've done it in the past IIRC).

But for the same reason, what in that old post that she quoted that you had a chance to read prior, which is essentially a series of strong misrepresentations of my reads, convinced you she was town? What on earth did she do that is outside her scum range here?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”