Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:43 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 43, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 40, Xalxe wrote:There was an anonymous Mario-themed Mole run by mallowgeno. I think Ani was the Mole?
It was also the only Mole game I know of to finish!
We try to forget that game :P I enjoyed it but yeah balancing this game in a forum setting is very difficult unless you have something to reward with.

I really like CC's idea of having 2 running at once though, that makes and interesting dynamic.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 67, Irrelephant11 wrote:wait so I'd been thinking of wanting to run two simultaneous mole games before I even read this thread, cool

not that I have time rn

two additional ideas I'm curious to hear thoughts about:

- having the same playerlist for both games (maybe play one for a week, then move to the other for a week, so as to avoid confusing simulplaying), but with different moles. This would solve the "how do we get 20+ players to stay active?" problem but obviously introduce other problems

- the two moles are competing to remove the most potential money from the jackpot, BUT when all other players choose them on the last question of the quiz ("who is the mole?"), they immediately stop earning that money for the rest of the game BUT ALSO they are not told when this happens. Moles are then incentivized to stay hidden
and
ruin missions the whole game through.
2 competing moles could work, players not told who moles are. The winning player from the game with the most money in the player pot wins. The mole from the opposing game would then be the winner.

(Group A has $162,000 at the end of their game, Group B has $87,000. The winner of group A's game will win, the mole from Group B's game will also win)

The question becomes should the players be able to see the other group's success or failure?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:59 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 70, HeWhoSwims wrote:I'd love to try it after august or so - the 2 concurrent games format seems great to me.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”