Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #178 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I have been watching a playthrough of this and have some thoughts.
Spoiler: Thoughts on Case 1 up to the end of the investigation
WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HEEEEEER. When the first death happened I legit experienced complete despair. I also saw everyone accusing Makoto coming from a mile away. But based on the clues so far I'm thinking Leon is the killer and if so holy shit I predicted him doing something to Sayaka when I saw what he wanted with his life in the first conversation with him. I saw that he wanted band members and went "oh shit he's going to ask Sayaka, she'll resist and he'll get upset and attack her". HOLY HELL. btw my suspicions initially fell on Toko because she mentioned disliking blood but had little to no reaction to Junko's death as far as I could tell.

Edit: HOO BOY MORE STUFF TO TALK ABOUT.
Spoiler: Case 1 Trial
wooooow this one does a lot to mess with your emotions. I love how they're using the "self-defense" card here but not just using it as a full excuse. Leon took advantage of the situation and got executed for it, though that death must have SUCKED. Also the fact that Sayaka just coldly betrays you. Makes you wonder how much of what she had said was real. I like how they're doing the post case revelation thing Ace Attorney does where you use a piece of evidence used in the trial to find out something about the case after the killer is found. And I love how they used it, actual redeeming Sayaka a little after what she had done. And I saw the contents of her video coming, but I feel like for her she had no belief she could do anything about it, the video seemed to imply her group had already broken up, and that was her biggest fear. Interesting that Kyoko is the one who comes to your side throughout the case, she seemed so aloof but now I'm really hoping we get to know more about her. inb4 she dies before we learn anything. Over just wow, what a way to kick the game off
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 2
Game does not disappoint, though the victim was kinda predictable, they yet again gave a lot of development to the victim. Though I do love the dynamic of the secrets and what happened with them. I didn't see the twist of Chihiro being a boy coming, and the twist of why Mondo commited his crime was pretty good too. I noticed Mondo's slip of dude but it actually meant nothing to me until it was pointed out. I get the feeling Kyoko's Ultimate name will have something to do with her deductive skills. The bonding of Mondo and Taka was great too, and I loved how Taka was the guy you had to do the bullet time on.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #2) » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I haven't found anything really worth note until now (just finished watching case 1 of SDR2)
Spoiler: Update
WHAT THE FUCK NAGITO I TRUSTED YOU
Let's take it from the top. Great cast overall but some people fell flat. The Monobeasts and the giant shpere are big wtfs for me, also I think it could be true Usami wiped everyone's memories, but there's probably a good reason if so. For the case itself: well RIP Nicer Togami. I guess it makes sense it was him, he was posturing for it all the way to the end. The new parts of the trial are interesting. Agree spots are cool, the Rebuttal Showdown is also a nice shake-up, don't like the new form of Hangman's Gambit, the reformatting of Climax Inference seems harder, and PTAs are better that BTBs imo. Now onto the actual plot: I thought Nagito was one of the more sane people but NOPE HE'S OFF HIS ROCKER. I was thinking he'd be a survivor but now that he's dione that I'm not so sure. As for Teruteru I think the rationalization of his actions sorta ruins case 1 of the first game retroactively since Leon didn't get a rationale. I was also kinda thinking something would happen with Teruteru to make him more interesting since his character seemed flat, but not this.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (isolation #3) » Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh-kaaaaay
Spoiler: Case 2: up to the completion of Twilight Syndrome Murder Case
The clues are just pouring in right now. My current hunch is that it's Pekoyama as the water bottles seem to indicate she had to wash the blood off herself, which is further corroborated by the non-functioning shower. I also think Nagito is an accomplice, as there very little way the killer could have escaped using the window (I'm running with that for now) without some help, and Nagito is the only one I could see working as an accomplice because of the cold open for chapter 2. Speaking of earlier things let's talk about those ruins. I did some google translating and the word on the door (future) is also on the hotel (mirai). This interests me because I've seen mention of that word somewhere else. I actually saw the physical release trailer for the Future arc of the anime, which mentions a Future Foundation. Could that be why the word future appears on that door? Anyway, back to the case itself. I also find Sonia suspicious a little, plus given the appearance of Fuyuhiko's last name twice I have to conclude that the "sister" spoken of was his, and with him receiviing the prize I wonder how he is involved in the case. And I forget, who is Sato?
And a final question: will this have any relevance to the Despair arc? I've seen enough screenshots to know it's about the class Hajime is in, and given that the TSMC is about their sachool life it could be relevant.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

EVEN MORE
Spoiler: Case 2 Before the Trial
So we're taking a similar angle to the second case of the first game: a serial killer is involved. This makes things interesting because it could be that Sonia, knowing what she does, could have done it as a copycat thing. In addition there's implications of Sayonji but it's too obvious, she's going to be our first suspect most likely but not the last. Fuyihiko seems suspicious but does not look like the killer. What I'm thinking is Sparkling Justice/Sonia killed Mahiru thinking she was responsible for the events depicted in the game. Given the "I can never forgive you" and the thing about Sparkling Justice killing criminals I think that's how it is.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #5) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Meant to post this yesterday
Spoiler: Trial 2 thoughts
WHAT COUNTER INCREASES BY 100
So Fuyihiko and Peko were lovers? Wow. I thought Fuyihiko was obstructing justice or something with his objections but he really just didn't want Peko to die. Logic Dives are weird but cool. And of course you'd face Peko in a Rebuttal Showdown. The Sparkling Justice thing was an interesting twist that echoed the first game but was taken in its own direction. I was hoping at the end they'd reference the accomplice rule as a reason to not execute Fuyihiko but they did it different which left me disappointed.
Also Kokichi Oma (the scummer) told me I was like Fuyihiko and I don't see the resemblance.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #6) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ka-WHAAAAAT?
Spoiler: Chapter 3: Body Discovery
This chapter is just a frenzy of events. Starting at the beginning, we have the memorial from Hiyoko, the third island investigation which turned up thew first actual detail about The Tragedy in 1 and a half games, Fuyuhiko's condition going from bad to good to bad again to good again, Akana attacking the Monokuma Sakura-style and Monokuma striking back, which injures Nekomaru, the Despair Disease which has me totally confused, and Hajime's weird dream which has to be a memory, sorta like Makoto's dream where he's saying "I realize my job is to stay here" in the first game. And it all culminates in this double-murder it seems. WHAT IS GOING OOOOON?
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat May 19, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (isolation #7) » Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Partway Through the Third investigation...
I can already tell Hiyoko was the first victim. They are making a huge point about the order and the heating seems to have been used to disguise that fact.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Sun May 20, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A bit of a timeskip but:
Spoiler: 3rd Trial: a realization
I think Ibuki's actions were a result of her Gullible disease. The movie states Monokuma suggested Monomi kill herself. I think that was a clue or the like.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #9) » Sun May 20, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
WHEN IT ALL FALLS APART
Spoiler: THE END OF CASE 3
KA-WHAAAAAAAT? I think I understand what's going on but I'm also completely left in the dust. I figured Mikan became afflicted with the despair disease but it transformed her into, gh- THE ULTIMATE DESPAIR?!?!?!? WHY IS SHE LIKE JUNKO? And World Ender is the Future Foundation huh? I think that this all is coming together to paint a picture that looks one way, but there is another truth. I think this group is actually the good guys, the side of hope, and Monokuma is trying to destroy this hope. GAH, THERE'S JUST SO MUCH I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOW!!!!
Edit 1: And apparently Mikan only became this way after coming to Hope's Peak I guess, since it's because of her stolen memories.
Edit 2: Now Nekomaru is a robot huh? Cool! btw him mentioning coming out of the rivers of hell reminds me of Godot's line from Trials and Tribulations about coming out of the depths of hell.
FINAL EDIT, HOURS LATER: So what was Mikan's actual motive...?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (isolation #10) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Spoiler: Chapter 4: After the rollercoaster
It seems the jig is up with our dear friend Byakuya. The Impossible Heir's secret shall be revealed! (Impossible Heir is a reference to Clara the Impossible Girl from Doctor Who)

Spoiler: Inside Grape Tower
WHY IS THERE A STATUE OF SAKURA

Spoiler: THE BODY
Well the music is different for the reveal
But poor Nekomaru, he was one of my favorites
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #11) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 4: Boy's Side
WE GET TO PLAY AS NAGITO
Also there's a lot of things I see being important, like the pillar as a time judgement, and the seeming block-off of the strawberry side
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So what was Mikan's actual motive to kill...?

I'm still curious about this
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (isolation #13) » Tue May 22, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Investigation 4 END
Nagito you're a fucking ass. Just because Hajime isn't some super person doesn't mean you get to treat him like dirt, you self-righteous prick.
Also I feel like the elevator thing will change something about which side the crime took place on. I can see where certain pieces fit but not the whole puzzle. Most of the case have been this way tbh, giving you enough to go on but still leaving the greater picture unclear.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Trial 4
I feel like keeping this brief. The logical conclusions here kinda felt like big leaps here. Gundham Tanaka is a badass. His execution was absolutely precious, thank goodness the hamsters were spared.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (isolation #15) » Wed May 23, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Chapter 5 progress
Currently at the point where Nagito has the bombs set up and everyone is searching for them. Nagito is seriously fucked up but at least he's not being a bully I guess?????
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Wed May 23, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OH MY GOD
CHIAKI JUST SLAPPED AKANE OUT OF HER RAGE
CHIAKI BEST GIRL
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Wed May 23, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: CHAPTER 5 THE BODY
HOLY SHIT THEY KILLED NAGITO
BUT WHO DID IT? They're definitely going to lean towards Sonia at first, is that really the true answer though?

Spoiler: And another thing!
So yet again we have parallels between this case and case 5 of the first game: the burning of something and the unknown cause of death.
Also the music is too awesome
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Thu May 24, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: At the plushie factory
Bringing up bombs in Monokuma dolls now huh? Interesting

Spoiler: At Nagito's cottage
I figured something about Byakuya might come up when they looked through that
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (isolation #19) » Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Midway through the trial: See the video in the spoiler for what should be in this heading

ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE WE GOING WITH WHOEVER THREW THE CANISTER WITH THE POISON IS THE TRUE BLACKENED? FUCK YOU NAGITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #20) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WAIT WHAT
WHY ARE PEOPLE FREAKING OUT AT CHIAKI

Spoiler: Wait what again
What does Chiaki mean what happened before...?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #21) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: HOLY SHIT
I just realized the final parallel between this case and case 5 in the first game:
THE ENTIRE TRIAL IS DESIGNED TO DESTROY MONOKUMA'S ENEMY.
DR1: It was a fake murder designed where Kyoko would be framed and executed, thus keeping the secret's of the school hidden.
DR2: Through Monokuma's manipulation, everyone though of the Future Foundation as the bad guy. But it was also Monokuma's enemy, and by tricking Nagito into tricking the traitor to kill him, Monokuma pulled the strings so the traitor would be killed.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #22) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: kehehe
Oh I think I just came across the exact thing you might be talking about
And it might not have been so clear if the guy I'm watching didn't max out the friendship with Chiaki
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (isolation #23) » Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ???
WHY ARE THERE GLITCHES

Spoiler: SAYWHARTVCNBSJBK
CHIAKI IS HERE WHAT IS THE NWHAT I CANT EVCEN

Spoiler: FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
AND GUNDHAM??? THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE

Spoiler: HUH
11037 is the passwaord? WHART?

Spoiler: mhm
You know these glitches are reminding me of Homestuck and the candy corn and stardust glitches induced into the supercartridge section

Spoiler: THAT'S NOT RIGHT
MIKAN SAID ONE OF MONOKUMA'S LINES

Spoiler: What even?
Chapter...0?

Spoiler: Okay...
Was Nagito talking to himself? Huh?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #24) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: On the fourth floor...
wtf Hiyoko was older HUH? Can they do de-aging along with memory wiping?

Spoiler: Hmmmm...
Could this all be a simulation?

Spoiler: Say what?
Well hello Alter Ego?

Spoiler: OKAY
This is all a simulation: does that mean everyone else is alive???

Spoiler: okay what
Monokuma opened his announcement the same way he announced the trial was going to begin in case 2 of the first game (I know this because while I've been binging this I've also been watching a playthrough of the first game that's in progress and at the second trial)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #25) » Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OHOHOHOHO
I just realized what the despair disease was: it was some sort of restoration of the remnants to how they were in reality. That's why Everyone was acting so freaky, why Mikan was an Ultimate Despair, why Akane seemed so broken!

Spoiler: Just wow
GUESS WHO'S BACK
BACK AGAIN
JUNKO'S BACK
TELL A FRIEND
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (isolation #26) » Sat May 26, 2018 2:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
HAJIME IS IZURU HOW?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #27) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAHH!!!!
I LOVE THE LAST SEGMETN OF GAMEPLAY AND HOW IT COMPLETELY BENDS THE RULES
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #28) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WOW
Usami's comeback is amazing.
Also I had a thought: what if, in Chapter 5, it wasn't that Monokuma wanted to destroy the Future Foundation's foothold, but that Chiaki chose to sacrifice herself because of what was seen in the Neo World Program?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #29) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: hm
So he ramains as Hajime, and they seem to remember the situation of their friends? That's good. fyi I've finished the main story of DR2
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (isolation #30) » Sat May 26, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw I'm prolly gonna do a ranking of all the characters from both games. DR2 will be first since it's fresh, and DR1 will follow when the ongoing playthrough I'm watching finishes and all of that is fresh.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #31) » Sat May 26, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Some final questions
What actually caused the glitches?
Why did Mikan kill as a result of being returned to her true self?
Thought question: what do you make of Chiaki's fate? Was it a fluke, something Monokuma hoped to orchestrate, or Chiaki sacrificing herself to help the program reach its goal?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (isolation #32) » Sat May 26, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 167, Kokichi Oma wrote:The anime isn't good or in depth. I recommend the LP
Having watched: I'd say the anime isn't a complete replacement but if you're experienced with the game it's fun to compare.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (isolation #33) » Sat May 26, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 222, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 221, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Spoiler: Some final questions
What actually caused the glitches?
Why did Mikan kill as a result of being returned to her true self?
Thought question: what do you make of Chiaki's fate? Was it a fluke, something Monokuma hoped to orchestrate, or Chiaki sacrificing herself to help the program reach its goal?

Mikan returned to her dispar state by remebering who they were before they entered the program and had their mind wiped.
Spoiler:
I was aware of that, I'm wondering why Mikan decided to kill someone?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (isolation #34) » Sat May 26, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 173, Katyusha wrote:dunn and i are debating:

ibuki's eyebrows are pink so does that mean her hair is naturally pink and she dyed it black, or did she dye them pink and her hair is black?
This post prompted me to check some stuff out and holy cow is there a massive crowd of Danganronpa accounts. DR2 has made me ponder whether I really feel like Taka is the strongest match for my personality. An fyi that there's someone who is DANGEROUSLY close to my personality in DR2. Guess if you like but unless I'm feeling really generous I'm not answering, I want to maybe make it a surprise if I do select that character for my
inevitable
Danganronpa alt (because I know I'm gonna end up making one just to revel with everyone else).
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #35) » Sat May 26, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 225, Annadog40 wrote:
Spoiler:
To bring more dispair
ah
And your response to the other questions?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (isolation #36) » Sun May 27, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Last chapter
Yeah that's pretty intense how much info they heap into it.

Also I do intend to watch a full playthrough of UDG
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (isolation #37) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: realization
Case 4 of the first game and case 5 of the second are actually rather similar. They're both suicides (Case 2-5 not quite but essentially) and someone is conspiring to get everyone killed (Hina and Nagito).
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #38) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: UDG
Holy crap I love this opening, it looks like they're using the anime art style for the series for this opening cutscene, nice.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #39) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WHOA
AAAH FREAKY BIG MONOKUMA
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #40) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WHOOOOHOOO
BYAKUYA YOU BEAST
Seriously that was such a cool moment
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (isolation #41) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Now into the gameplay
Line I found interesting: What's with this bear (this bear = despair)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #42) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Up to the intro cinematic
Wtf is with those kids? Also the intro cinematic is cool, music seems to start with the way the first game's track sound but transitions to one more like the second game's
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #43) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oh my
So the footage from the 1-1 CDs was real I guess?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #44) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oooh
When they talked about Future foundation bringing hope to the world, a strange figure showed up. Seems like it was Izuru.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #45) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OHKAY
WHY IS EXECUTION STYLE MUSIC PLAYING
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (isolation #46) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: KA-WHAAAAAAT??!?!?
IS THAT NAGITO? IT LOOKS LIKE HIS HAIR! DID THEY...
EDIT: yup that's his typical body language. NAGITO LIVES AGAIN!
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (isolation #47) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: and one more thing
I SEE THAT MITTEN ON YOUR HAND NAGITO
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #48) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: the kids
Jataro is honestly kinda cool? I think he's the most fun out of the ones introduced so far (3/5)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #49) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: okay
mostly we've had dr 1 tracks but now we have Trapped by the Ocean Scent huh?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #50) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: YES
TOKO IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY
but it looks like she's Genocide Jill rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #51) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oh
hi Tokooooo
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #52) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ahahahah
omg the fantasy is amazing
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (isolation #53) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: wut
Toko considers herself not human le wut
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #54) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: welp
so the guy I'm watching got a game over and that was scary
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (isolation #55) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: um what
so theres just a library here? okay. also something about remnants of despair, not that interesting unless they back it up
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #56) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oml
Toko is paranoid Komaru could be a boy, that makes me chuckle
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #57) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: uhuh
so Toko is in the torn up skirt because she hasn't been given a uniform, okay then
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (isolation #58) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Wow
So they're just gonna come out with the fact that it's Asahina's brother? Okay. I guess what we're going to be seeing as we progress is relatives of the Hope's Peak survivors will be showing up?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #59) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

kinda figured he'd die, seemed too lucky to have another person so like Komaru in situation. RIP Trackboi
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (isolation #60) » Wed May 30, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: NOPE
JUNK MONOKUMA'S CRAWLING LOOKS LIKE THAT ONE TITAN FROM AOT
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #61) » Wed May 30, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: uh oh
Looks like it's about boss fight time, with the two close together dispensers, the shop, and the save point
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #62) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ohkay
So the kid had an abusive parent huh? yikes
edit: yeah that was freaky af, dude hitting his arm until it stopped shaking
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (isolation #63) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WHY
WHY DID THEY PUT IN REPEATING LINES
OH GOD IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE THOSE 3D EGGMAN BOSSES
THE MORE THE MERRIER
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #64) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: EXCUSE ME?
WHY ARE THEY KILLING HIM FOR FAILING TO DEFEAT THE PROTAGONISTS?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (isolation #65) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: hehe
Toko does do a good zombie impression...as Genocide Jill
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #66) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: wait
In the subway, a note was found talking about confessing feeling to someone named Taka. What does that mean?
addition: and someone who worked as a baseball team manager? Could that be related to Leon? Might also have something to do with Nekomaru but Leon is my first bet.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #67) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: mmmph
Toko talking about it being a game reminds me of how Byakuya was down with the game part of the killing game in DR1. Maybe Toko picked up that acceptance from him?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #68) » Wed May 30, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: fffff
Someone please tell me if Komaru finds out about what happened because if not then all these allusions are just going to make me die inside
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #69) » Wed May 30, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: AAAAH
SO THAT'S WHAT THE MONO IN MONOKUMA MEANS
THAT MEANS I GOTTA CHECK SOMETHING ELSE OUT (this is not DR related)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #70) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So we're meeting Hagakure's...sister? Mother? Someone tell me how Hiroko is related.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #71) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OOH
I seem to have missed the person I'm watching picking up the Hit List piece for Taka's dad.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #72) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: lol
The notebook of the guy talking about the newbie is meh but I find the cryptic days interesting since it reminds me of how Paper Mario does days
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #73) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

apparently Toko just has a thing for people with money
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #74) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Here we go
Um what? Seems like we have one of Sayaka's former bandmates this time, the face makes me doubtful but I can see the outfit, it's the same as Sayaka's
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #75) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: HI THERE
HI FAST TYPER! The hair kinda makes me think there's some relation to Chihiro.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (isolation #76) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So it seems Hiroko is Hiro's mom? ok
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #77) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: SHIT
OKAY THIS TIME I ACTUALLY THOUGHT WE MIGHT SEE HIM SURVIVE
WE DIDN'T EVEN GET HIS NAME
addition: and as I figured it's Papa Fujisaki
another addition: damn, Toko looked really impacted when she saw that, the memory of what happened must be weighing on her
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #78) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: EXCUSE ME?!??
JATARO KNEW JUNKO? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #79) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well that was interesting, when you get game over in the Priest Robot fight Jataro says the player is gonna hate him
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #80) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: boss 2 defeated
rip Jataro, dude was actually cute
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #81) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: AAAAAH
HI MAKOTO
Yay, happy moment
ADDITION: AND KOMARU FINALLY GETS THE SCOOP ON WHAT HAPPENED! YES!
Another thing: OKAY SO THE IMPRISONMENT IS TARGETED TO THEM. That was kinda clear but now there's no doubt. edit: apparently the mastermind wanted to use them is another sort-of killing game? YIKES.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #82) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oof
Makoto mentioning Junko planning it from the beginning makes me think he's talking about the Alter Ego Junko created to sabotage the Hope Restoration Program
overall this whole thing has really made me feel better
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #83) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oho
Looks like they took...CELESTE'S CAT? For real?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (isolation #84) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oh my
Toko just got cold clocked and managed to not switch to Genocide Jill. Progress?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #85) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: NOPE

That is one horrific backstory for Kotoko
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #86) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: wat
Okay if they know the existence is out there how the heck have they done nothing about it until now
suspension of disbelief broken
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #87) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: DAMN
Toko not even flinching at the friend card, she really is getting affected by Byakuya
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #88) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: umm
so Junko is a big sis to all of them? uhhh what?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #89) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: update
so the attack happened, sure an heck am glad I don't have to play through that cos it looked really hard, apparently the resistance decided to lock up the two protagonists, Kotoko broke in trick Komaru with escape, and Toko heard her name being called and ends up chasing after Komaru? Is that right?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #90) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OKAY.
THIS is just wrong. wtf is with this game
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #91) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: third boss
okay so it seems pretty obv you have to us paralyze for this one
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (isolation #92) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So Toko actually saved Kotoko, nice. Nagisa is trying to get them to leave, alright. Monaca wants to bring back Junko? How would that work?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #93) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oh...?
Nagito is recording this? Is he motivating the kids who are helping Komaru? Hm...
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (isolation #94) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: uhuhu
lol the side consersation about how Toko is a masochist is funny
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #95) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OH SHIT
WHOAAAAA they almost killed themselves until Junko stepped in
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #96) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: mmhmhnhnhn
So Nagito is trying tget Komaru to stay, probably because he believe her staying will help him end the twisting of hope the kids have created
edit: NAGITO TOOK BYAKUYA? DAMN HE'S JUST TOO TWISTED!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (isolation #97) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: GAHAHA
The Genocide Jill fight is hilarious
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #98) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oooh
So Monaco has been trying to create a successor to Junko Enoshima. Is she up to the punishments of the losers? I got that feeling the second time Monaco got upset about being doubted about the loser being dead.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #99) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: seriously?
Another one of these things? Cue this taking another half hour (15 minutes for me since I'm watching at double speed whenever I'm not trying to focus on the dialogue) to get through
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #100) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: OOF
Toko mentioning AIs sacrificing themselves pains me
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #101) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: YEAH
IT'S THIS SONG AGAIN!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (isolation #102) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: KA-WHAAAT?
Do we finally get the origins of Monokuma?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (isolation #103) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: pardon
Um the booklet about the incident reminds me of the wacky mangas left in Chapter 6 of DR2
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #104) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: EXCUSE ME?!?
WHY IS A HIT LIST DOWN HERE, AND KOMARU OF ALL PEOPLE?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (isolation #105) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oohhh
Komaru is a big Sayaka fan, uh ohhhh
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #106) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: wait what
So they had backup robots? I know Nagisa's collapsed so that's the only explanation
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (isolation #107) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: okay that's...
...interestiiiing? So that's why Haiji is weird about Monaca. Also that ghost just admitted that he is responsible for hurting Monaca's legs. I'm curious if he'll explain why.
edit: ummm

So Mr. Towa had an affair?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (isolation #108) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oof
So that's what Jataro's deal was. His mom hated him so he brainwashed himself into the mindset that being hated brings him peace.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (isolation #109) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: uh-oh
What's up with the sudden option? Is this a pick your ending thing?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (isolation #110) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?

MONACO TRICKED THEM? WHY?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (isolation #111) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: NOOOO!
NO WHAT HER PARENTS WHAT?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #112) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

would you like context
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #113) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So one of the discussion themes is playing for the final boss? okay
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #114) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: thoughts on what's going on
This final boss seems to have a size problem a la the final phase of the final boss of No More Heroes 2, though it's more the arena is too big than the boss itself
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #115) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: wooo
This is cool! Finishing move go!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (isolation #116) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ...?
WHY WAS SHIROKUMA IN THERE
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (isolation #117) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: eek
Nagito is uuuuh wut? Dude is reaaaally obsessed with hope, I don't think letting someone else become like Junko is ever a good idea.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (isolation #118) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oh. OH. OH!
SHIROKUMA WAS EVIL THE WHOLE TIME?
edit: They were both Junko Alter Egos? and IS THAT IZURU KAMAKURA?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #119) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

when did Hiro appear?
edit: nvm it must have something to do with Ultra Despair Hagakure
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (isolation #120) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

next up: DR0, then the anime (unless I also watch UDH)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (isolation #121) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So right now I'm on chapter 3, and it seems like this is going to explain how the tech in DR2 with the memory manipulation worked.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (isolation #122) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: pardon
Why is Home Alone being brought up??? That's really disorienting
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #123) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: oh hello
So the center park has a similar nighttime curfew to how the games do? ok. Also which building is DR1 supposed to have taken place in?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (isolation #124) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

couple things:
first I saw a video about the proper order of the anime and it said future 1, then all of despair, then finish future? Is that a good idea?
Also while looking at the UDG soundtrack on iTunes I found something interesting: there's a manga releasing this year which tells the events of DR2 from Komaeda's POV.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #125) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: DR0
Chapter 6: ummm apparently Junko had her own military training? she mentions being an ultimate weapon. this is wacky speculation for now
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #126) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: whaaaaat
Is this girl some sort of psychic?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #127) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: alright then
Yeah I'm sorry Madarai has no sympathy from me. If his first instinct after hearing something strange is to torture the person who said it and beat the information out of them, there's no way I'm going to side with him.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #128) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: hm?
14 students invited to study overseas? and who might theeeeese beeeee?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #129) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: some crispy, spicy drama
Looks like Kyoko really does harbor a serious contempt for her father for abandoning her or w/e
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #130) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: hngh
omg Makato had a thing with Ikusaba???
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #131) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: woohoo!
Hey Teruteru gets a cameo!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #132) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ummm
I think the translator didn't realize the Kuma part of Monokuma was important and translated it to english
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #133) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So it just ends like that? Weird.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #134) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ending
It ended with the protagonist in some sort of jail cell?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #135) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler:
that is part of the second DR0 novel
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #136) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It seems from the page count I got 2/3's of the way through it before
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #137) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: huh
so Kirigiri and Ikusabu are working together? neat
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #138) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: whaaaa
Ikusaba doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as Junko when it comes to spreading despair. Huuuuh?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #139) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: HUH?
Why is Junko letting Ryouko have her hope? I'm thinking this is like what was planned for Komaru where the only reason for her to have hope is to do something that will cause greater overall despair.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #140) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: WAIT JUST A DARN-DIDDLY SECOND!
Does Ryouko's memory improve when she's AWAY from Matsuda?If so she's kinda like Dory but with the effect of the important person flipped (Marlin helped Dory remember, Matsuda makes Ryouko forget)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #141) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ba-scuse me
why is Kamishiro HERE?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (isolation #142) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: yup
I figured Matsuda was an accomplice once the stuff was found in his hidden room. The murder of the SC president was nowhere near enough to provoke any suspicion from me but combined with the finding of things that could be used to move a body I put it together.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (isolation #143) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: bwuh?

So Ryouko...didn't care about Matsuda, but she forgot that, so she cared about him...???????
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #144) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: ???

SO THE WHOLE TIME, IKUSABA AND JUNKO HAVE BEEN SWITCHED? IT'S NOT JUST IN DR1?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #145) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: KA-WHUH-HUH-WHAT
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=AXzEcwYs8Eo&p=n
RYOUKO WAS JUNKO?????? I'M SORRY WHAT?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #146) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

now it clicks into place: I remembered my note at Junko claiming to be a weapon and I relaized it all made so much sense from the beginning
also so this was all supposed to be a setup for DR1? yikes. I was thinking Matsuda would live because of the note about an Ultimate Neurologist in the stuff about the Neo World Program but it seems that wasn't necessary?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #147) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

AND THAT'S THE END OF DR0!
ANIME TIME (after I watch some youtube because my brain is kinda numb from this confusion)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #148) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BTW if you want to watch DR1 again you really should check out Lucahjin's playthrough, it's ongoing but seriously it's such a fun watch, she's damn good at the game
Spoiler: And something I relized while watching it!
THEY ALLUDED TO UDG IN DR1
THE MONOKUMA THEATRE AFTER THE THIRD MOTIVE
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (isolation #149) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I went to the mall on my job hunt and while I was passing time waiting for my bus back home I checked out one of the stores and they had both arcs of the DR3 anime. They were expensive as hell so I couldn't buy them but it's nice to know they're not so rare I can't find them. Because of that experience, I'm 100% set on starting the anime today.
Spoiler: and something else
I decided to read the back blurb and the Despair arc one mentioned Chiaki. My chips are on her dying at some point.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #150) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future episode 1
Ooooh I like the showcase of the SDR2 cast as they were before being found, I was wondering what they were like then. Looks like Kazuichi is making Monokumas, Tanaka has a big snake with him (doesn't seem very good for hamsters, eep), Sonia seems to have turned her country into a horde of despair-ites (my name for people who are under the influence of despair) with Mahiru by her side as well, Hiyoko and Ibuku seem to be in cahoots, and WHAT? I THOUGHT UDG WAS AFTER SDR2! WHY WOULD NAGITO HAVE THE MITTEN THEN BUT NOT ON THE BOAT TO JABBERWOCK ISLAND? Mikan is freaky as fuck but we knew that already, what's with the big Monokuma, doesn't look like Big Bang so it's another one I guess? Fuyihiko seems to have a Monokuma yakuza?Given the following attack by someone who HAS TO BE Peko, It seems the case. And Fuyuhiko has an eyepatch irl? ohhhhkayyyy? Akane and Nekomaru looks pretty badass. And of course we have Kamakura. That might actually point in the direction of UDG being before SDR2 actually because I recall in the ending of SDR2 Hajime was himself.Damn Kyoko is amazing, calling the dude out for punching Makoto. Lynching reference for the memes.Are Kyosuke and Chisa a couple? Asahina is always a treat. Makoto's reasoning is as I figured. My own thinking would be if you can turn that level of despair into hope, you earn a decisive victory in the overall war against despair. I s2g they're making everyone who has a talent like Chihiro's look like him (minus his dad of course). When I saw Ryota my first thought was it was Chiaki's face. WHEEE looks like they're using the body discovery music from the games! Oh my god did Hiro buy another dud ball? lol he acknowledges that it's his second shattered ball. Monokuma smoke bomb? First gripe: how does that lady know what the gas is doing right then and there? Monokuma bracelets? ok. Monokuma is baaaaack. Why is Monokuma
telling them
to treat it like a game? It's no game to them! It happening twice obviously refers to it happening with the student council and class 78 (thank you DR0 for making sure I knew that). HOLY SHIT CHISA IS DEAD ALREADY. And yeah I think I preferred the pink blood?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (isolation #151) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair part 1
Okay this is weeeeiiiiird. Chisa is narrating hoooow? Oh fun for this arc we're getting character intro splashes kinda like the games! lol Chisa hit herself so hard she coughed. Don't know why they're flashing to the picture of Jin and Kyoko but okay. Hiyoko looks like she does in SDR2, alrighty then. OF COURSE MIKAN TRIPS. And I can see how Hiyoko is fed up with Mikan if that's an everyday occurrence. Also let's note: if we sub Ibuki for Sonia, we have every person from SDR2 who showed up in the TSMC. LOL censored rotten orange.Box 15 remix WHYYYY? Chisa just went freakazoid on Fuyuhiko! The midway break screen reminds me of a theory I had which is now soundly busted: I thought Usami was Chisa. I know who they went to fiiiiirst! That was Sonia who yelled Jurassic Park right? HI NEKOMARU! That raises a question I had to the front of my mind: how is Nekomaru a team manager? Isn't that like a coach? Can you have teen coaches? Oh god I can see exactly where this next one is going. Nice to see Chisa is having NONE of it. And I guess Teruteru really is bi? And they caught Akane with food, of course. What the hell have you done Kazuichi? And of course, he has to be obsessed with Sonia. Is NO ONE different from how they were in the game? I thought they weren't supposed to have their school memories? Shouldn't they be a little different? Gundham is next, and this looks over-the-top. And now Ibuki. kek """"light music"""". Hello Peko. Let's see what Fuyuhiko has to say huh? Okay here Teruteru is actually fun because he's like Brock from the Pokemon anime. Oh boy Komaeda time. We're still missing "Byakuya" and Chiaki. Yay Gundham's Four Dark Devas are amazing. lol the transition screen after Mikan trips again has Teruteru jumping for joy. See how you like it when you miss Mikan tripping now why don'tcha? LOL the Impostor's Mitarai rn. I'm just gonna call him Tom Phan for simplicity okay(This is a double reference fyi and a jab at another series like Danganronpa for possibly stealing an idea)? Hi Hajime, how you doin'. Hi Chiaki! I see you have sound advice.I agree that having talent is not an end goal. I don't agree that having a talent sets the course of your life though.Whheeeee Komaeda is just as hope-obsessed I see, although maybe not at the point where he's super-twisted. This plan to extend Hope's Peak overseas won't tie into DRV3 will it? I've seen that it takes place in another school. OOOH The closing sequence seems to be the assembling of Hope Fragments! Also I'm sure that Halloween photo is just for fun right?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #152) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: After some thought
I think it actually might be the case that SDR2 is after DR3 Future arc. Here's why: The events of SDR2 were broadcast to Future Foundation right? So why would Future Foundation give a damn if it was before then?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #153) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Future episode 2
WOW that was blunt. The rules of the game kinda feel like a mafia game? Also Usami returns, yay! I liked Usami. This is the proof the this is after SDR2 I guess.LOL Monokuma is doing the same shit. The Internet still exists SOMEHOW. Let's note the devices weren't outright confiscated like in DR1. Wow that's a harsh forbidden action. So Mr. Aggro just inadvertently killed someone. When Makoto said he couldn't run I thought he meant he couldn't leave that area, I was wrong. Looks like Great Gozu is trying to help them kinda (he's taking the pacifist route I guess). So Great Gozu saw the broadcast. Why does that guy who keeps going fists first strike me as suspicious? Night phase 2 over: into Day 3! NOOOOO NOT HINAAAAA!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #154) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Despair episode 2
So this is before Class 78 was scouted (and btw I know this is class 77 because of the guy who I went to for DR0 having an intro that revealed that, meaning this is their first year of class I think).They un-obscured Chiaki in the intro I see. I see Nekomaru and Akane are at it already. What did Teruteru giver Akane?!??! :eek: Fuyuhiko told Peko not to do what? I see Chiaki is as into her game as always. Also lol Game Girl rather than Game Boy. Makes me think of Latula Pyrope of all things. Wasn't really paying attention beyond this point but Mahiru has a friend in the Reserve Course? *THINKING* Why is Chisa checking on Hinata? Mr. Tengan makes an appearancew, and seems to dislike the Izuru Kamakura project. LOL they're playing what looks like Smash Bros. I don't recognize game 2? Game 2 is a racing game ok. And now bomberman. Lol gundam pls. did Teruteru slip Akane a love potion? Nope, every girl. PERV. or everyone. lol Fuyuhiko and Souda going at it. OMG MIKAN PLS. LOL Chiaki Shoryuken'd Teruteru. LOL They outright name-dropped Double Dragon. When Sonia said "I See" I heard Pheonix Wright's Japanese name. lol pls. Also Sonia being weird about what she's done in the past. Faceless Reserve Course kids, okaaaay. I WAS RIGHT!!!! THE TSMC WAS RELEVANT TO THE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!! I see they know what they're doing by the "beginning of the twilight" thing
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (isolation #155) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future episode 3
Wow pls don't ever again. I guess Gozu is dead? Not sure why computer-speak lady and Makoto/Hina aren't looking at each other funny at all. I could see the computer lady being the killer, we all know how a screen can hide some scumminess. OML that song they used when Makoto found out that lady's restriction was the same song used as Wellington's theme in AA:JFA. Hina's restriction is really bad if she comes across Mr. Fists-Do-The-Talking. I figured that was the overseas Hope's Peak, they looked like they had similar backgrounds. Yay Makoto got to explain himself! Though Munakata seems way too detached. No points for effort, or acknowledgement of his explanation? I thought fists first was gonna go for Hina but I guess he went for Kyoko? Also That lady took some weird drugs and went hulk? UMMM OK? Munakata might have a point? I do think he's kinda being a dick about what Makoto went through. NEW WORLD ORDER! Munakata you better not. wtf was that last line?

Spoiler: a note before the next episode
I pondered on the stinger from despair episode 2 and realized what is probably going to happen. I'll keep it to myself for now though because it's hard to articulate.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #156) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair episode 3
GYAH! THEY'RE USING THE 16 BIT VERSIONS OF THE TRACKS! And she...already has her title? WHY IS SHE IN THE RESERVE COURSE? And oh goooood yup Natsumi really does have it out for Mahiru. That was part of the TSMC I believe. And I'm betting all the marbles on that other girl being Sato and that friend Mahiru mentioned last episode (I was right). Yessss more and more comes together. Is this whole episode seriously going to be about the TSMC? I GUESS SO. I do like how we're getting a bit of an outside look through Hajime though.Skipping to Day 4 now I guess. Wait that guy looks familiar, isn't that Fists-First? Annnnnd he a money-loving dickface. The dark side...? Is this talking about the Izuru Kamakura project? So I guess he was trying to keep Hajime from learning too much? Okay. And we finally get into the meat and potatoes of this: the Izuru Kamakura project. Hopefully we find out how the hell Hajime changed appearances so drastically.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (isolation #157) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Shoot I thought I posted my thoughts on Future episode 4
Spoiler: brief summary from what I remember
I thought Tengan was badass. This episode was basically everyone going after each other. I freaked when I saw Monaca was behind the computer-speak lady. I also had a small shock when they used a siren Monokuma in the recap (which was dumb)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (isolation #158) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair episode 4
Alright, practical exams. I can think of sensible exams for some (Akane, Nekomaru, Peko) but some I'm at a loss (Nagito, Fuyuhiko). Nagito gave up on changing the time kinda suddenly. wtf does he have planned? The episode title mentions him disappearing. Is everyone going to experience bad luck? Or is Chiaki just distracted? OMG WHY DOES THAT SORT OF THING EXIST. Oooh the drug lady is making an appearance? So we've seen how many people from the other arc here already? Chisa, Munakata, Sakakura, the scout, "Mitarai", and the pharmacist (Seiko). That's 6. Did I miss anyone? And is that the lady who Seiko is going after in the Future arc? Yup, her and her friend. So their expulsion from the school wasn't an old wound but a fresh one? Hm. OOOOH do they get expelled for taking performance enhancers? Yikes. And it looks like Nagito's luck is kicking in? Uh oh she's gonna find out it's missing. UH OH. SERIOUSLY? DOES NAGITO HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR DISRUPTION THAT AREN'T BOMBS?Uggggh this is hard to watch. Wow legit fuck Nagito for taking the wrong one and screwing all three of them over.OH THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm officially on Seiko's side of this argument. One fuck-up and Ruruka just goes apeshit, in addition she emotionally manipulated Seiko for years most likely. And I guess that's the actual incident that got them expelled? This whole episode has destroyed my compassion for Nagito, holy cow. So they're keeping Nagito on because his ability to cause the incident without being involved is a testament to his luck? OK. omg that was Gundham's dog? After credits reveal was pretty obvious already.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (isolation #159) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future episode 5
Seiko as a child? Okay. Betting that someone among Seiko, Ruruka, and Ruruka's friend is gonna die. Everything feels developed that way. OKAY I LEGIT HATE RURUKA NOW! IN THE LAST EPISODE SHE SAID IF SEIKO WAS HER FRIEND SHE'D EAT HER SWEETS BUT HERE SEIKO IS STATING SHE CAN'T FOR HEALTH REASONS. WHAT A BITCH! Okay, subtitles had delicious spelled "dewicious". Was it like the in the japanese spoken text or is that a Woolseyism? Uh-oh. Are Makoto and Hina going to find out the truth of Gekkhogahara? So Hina used the fact Sakakura had a weapon to discern she could take him without triggering her forbidden action. Yeah sorry Ruruka: I can't you ny sympathy since you KNOW her meds make eating your sweets a bad idea. Though I guess if you're looking for recognition a "it looks great" might have helped. Munakata you're jumping to conclusions. SECRET ENTRANCE? Hagakure you beautiful bastard you may have helped! RURUKA WTFFFF? Is she ACTUALLY THE TRAITOR? Whoa Seiko just KOed Sakakura? And Gekkhogahara came back and attacked Seiko for SOME REASON. They muted Tengan's answer to whether he knew the traitor? INTERESTING. WHOA THE BOTH DID BIG BLOWS TO EACH OTHER. Oh...? Time's up and we're going to a flashback involving Seiko and Ruruka? ONE OF DEM GON DIE! Oh. Fuck. No. Munakata jut used one of Seiko's concoctions. HE'S IT. He stole it when he killed Seiko.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (isolation #160) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair episode 5
So we're seeing the real Mitarai huh? Cool. Random rant from Chisa. Board of Trustees is the Steering Committee right? Weird lettering in the subtitles at one point when it said too, does that mean anything? Komaeda is missing? I know he appears later so when does he return? And yay Class 78! Nekomaru is always a treat whenever he's saying or doing something related to his talent. Looks like Kuzuryu's kinda warming up? Yaaaasss Saionji is all grown up now I can tell, time skip plus keeping her hidden. Gundham looks badass. Sonia is glowing...IT'S SONDAM'S AVATAR!!!! It was under my nose THE WHOLE TIME! Claire you magnificent madwoman! Ooooh Tom Phan revealed a little about himself with his saying that fats and sugars are all he can believe in.Oh hi...Kamashiro? That's his name right? At least I remembered it for the most part. A plane...? This is either Celeste or Junko. And it's Junko. Hey Mukuro! NMore of Mitarai?" Is he gonna die soon? LOL Mikan, you're funny. So he was Togami before being Mitarai, makes sense cos he was Togami in SDR2. Oh...? Why can't he remain as Togami?Damn Mikan's life must have been shitty. HI MAKOTO! I think Junko pretty much drops an obsession once she becomes aware of it. So the Hope's Peak logo influenced Monokuma's eye? okay. Okay so Hajime's eyes changed color how?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (isolation #161) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Future episode 6
Starting with Hagakure huh? Yaaaay for old memes /s. Gonna do a quick recount of who all is dead: Chisa (E1), Farmer dude (E2), Gozu (E3), Tengan (E5), Seiko (E5). Who is the sixth dead? Munakata what are you doing? Why did you stab the body? And THER'S the Sixth dead...? Did the killer kill two people this time? What WHAT? Is this a trick? A dream? OK it's a dream. What nonsense are you spewing Kizakura? Oh Ruruka's friend is dead? What about Ruruka? And are we gonna find out what happened in that room he found? What the hell are you doing Ruruka? MONACA YOU PIECE OF SHIT.I nteresting flashback, what does it mean? OH SHIT HINA GAVE AN ACCIDENTAL NAME DROP. I actually kinda feel for Ruruka rn. Yeah I hate how she treated Seiko but she was pretty scared back there, I kinda doubt it was her who killed Seiko in the end, and she seems pretty rattled. What does Monaca have in store now that she's connected? WAIT. Why do I feel like this is going to fuck up my perceptions of the timeline? ok it's Togami. Uh-oh...I think I know which island they mean, and I don't think it's Jabberwock. This is gonna totally lead into the next episode. OK I was wrong. Something happened there? THAT AIN'T GOOD. OH SHIT! Oooh so this is how things will connect, is it? lol poor Hiro. Oh so Togami knows something? OH THEY KNOW SHE'S DEAD. Upupupu! And it's time for the Ultra Despair Girls to make their appearance!!! lol upskirt. Wait How does Hajime/Izuru have Hajime's hair but Izuru's eyes?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #162) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Despair episode 6
who is narrating? oh shit he's losing his personality? oh shit the flowers in the intro are black now. Oh the colors are all inverted. Nanami looks normal. Poor Nanami. wtf Ibuki? lol u have no clue. lol Gundham and Saionji are feuding cos she is going ofter his animals. Ohhhh? Are we getting into the timeframe of DR0 now? Sakakura...? SHAKY CAMARA WHY. EXECUTION MUSIC!!!!!! lol ez passwords. this music again. Is Deus ex machina french/latin? Does Mukuro get off on being demeaned by her sister? Damn Izuru powerful. Oh so Ryouko's power was real. OOOH THIS IS A FUN TURN. So Junko turned to despair because she wanted to feel the excitement of the unknown...WAIT JUST A MOTHERFLUBBING MINUTE. SHE'S LIKE PANDORA FROM EL GOONISH SHIVE!!!Ow that's gotta hurt. What's gonna happen to Mitarai...? He's not gonna die but what's gonna happen? ...oh. This makes me suspicious of Mitarai in the Future arc now. But that doesn't matter rn because NEXT EPISODE IS ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS EPISODE SINCE I STARTED THIS ANIME.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (isolation #163) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: FUTURE EPISODE 7!
Oh-ho so in Japan instead of Lil' Ultimate it's Super Grade-School Level. Nice. Is that Kurokuma? And oh man Monaca is just going all out here. So Monaca decided to become the successor herself after she failed to make Komaru the successor? alright. There's stuff in the foreground of the intro now, idk why. NAGISA IS ALIVE HOW? He's not on Monaca's side I see. I ALSO SEE MASARU AND JATARO (which I'm not 100% on but it definitely doesn't look like Kotoko) There she is. Nagisa is talking to Komaru huh? neat. Oh man she's using all the bullets. Hello Sho(I'm calling her that rather than Jack/Jill because I DO prefer the Japanese name)! So the town resembles a video game, okaaaay. Oh god she nicknamed Makota Mako in the Japanese version? I'm assuming that's the case and that if I were watching the sub she'd have said Big Mac. YESSSS WE'RE GETTING ONE OF TOKO'S FANTASIES! this is hilarious. LOOOOL they used that trope where someone is suddenly aware of someone thinking about them. OH GOD MORE BOTS. ooooooh, so Absolute/Ultra Despair Girl in actuality refers to Monaca Towa! NICE!I don't trust this surrender ONE BIT. Ah so she just blew the joint up. Makes sense. A...Game room? GGRRRRR GAMMA'S GETTIN' UPSET! lel lurker. What the, that was Monaca? Also old days WHEN? Wait this...isn't Monaca? Nagito changed this person? Okaaaay. Did Syo just maintain Toko's memory? lol psyche on Monaca turning another page. Back to our main cast: is Gekkhogahara going to be inactive now? NO, KOMARU TOOK CONTROL, YEAH BOI! Makoto and Hina looking at each other reminded me: has Hina found out what happened to her brother yet? Uh oh...Munakata looks to be after Kyoko. OK, that was kinda cool seeing all of the stuff we'd seen before. Still triggered at Monaca turning into pseudo-Chiaki though.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (isolation #164) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, a question: Can I watch V3 without finishing the anime, or is there anime spoilers in V3? I will absolutely finish the anime it's just that I'm getting restless on V3.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #165) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair episode 7
lol Mitarai is going full weeb. Oh nooooo this doesn't look good. Is she faking...? idk but either way I think I see her plan. OH I THINK I SEE WHAT THIS IS GOING TO IMPACT IN THE STORY. This is probably goinng to impact 1) the control of the Reserve Course and b) the way Junko erased Class 78's memories. I missed this last episode due to me skipping past it but HAJIME AND IZURU IN THE INTRO LOOK LIKE MONOKUMA'S FACE? Not sure whether it was that way before but wow. OMG we got Makoto showering in Danganronpa The Animation, now we get Nagito showering. Is he on Jabberwock island? LOL Teruteru actually did something genuinely funny beyond just being a punching bag, even if it was perverted. LOL the bear ate the food, saw that coming. OOOOH Staff disappearances? Yeah this is definitely related to DR0. OMG Red Bull reference! ooooh sad Junko! ummmm mouse pad or...hug pillow? UM. That's the old school building right? OH YES IT IS! Some of these people look interesting but unfortunately I already know they don't feature anywhere else. MMMMHMHMHM ARE THOSE MOTIVES, like in DR1? Also some of them kinda remind me of the Warriors of Hope. Uh...oh. This promise is gonna tie into the Future arc 100%.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (isolation #166) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future episode 8
just a summary of thoughts towards the start due to getting cut off: Beginning was cool, Gekkhogahara turning Transformer made me freak out a bit. wtf if the deal with Munakata's blade, Byakuya and Hagakure are fun to watch, also Hagakure they're not safer inside wtf. Kizakura is amazing. Ruruka pressing that button made me flip out. RIP Kizakura, and ew he looks like Monokuma now. Kyoko is on the case! Sakakura is free? za? So Ruruka's the traitor? oooooh. Ruruka has a rule that involves someone leaving? HUH? That spoils the fact someone can! OOOOH I saw something about being underwater and this is the cause?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #167) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair episode 8
oh booooy, Mikan is falling in with Junko already? lol Sparking Justice mask on Peko.That beach looks familiar! LOL TABLE FLIP, also that makes sense for Junko to like that idea. Yup Mikan is already hooked by despair. End what quickly? OOOH creepy video. I am guessing ZV is Zetsubou Video? Uh-oh, what's gonna happen now that it's been found by Mitarai? FANSERVICE WHY. Who was that man standing alone? Matsuda? *SNORT* IT'S MIKAN'S EXECUTION MUSIC. I was right about what ZV meant! So that's how she got Mitarai to stay huh? TWELVE ZODIAC GENERALS? What about the Four Dark Devas? Nagito is back! THAT HAS TO BE BY NAGITO'S LUCK THAT HE SAW HER. Why'd he pick Peko? Oh boy. Nagito what have you done. How does Nagito know about that? TRAPPED BY THE OCEAN SCENT, ooooh. OH HE GOT PEKO TO HELP? DAMN NAGITO. WTF HE GOT SHOT? IS THIS WHEN IT HAPPENS? I'm near-certain Nanami dies but I at least hope it isn't something sucky. OH GOSH SHE FOUND OUT, BUT HOW?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #168) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future 9
they were underwater the whole time? So it's Munakata as I figured from Seiko's death? ok. OH SHIT SHE WENT PENNY-MODE. Rip robo-Gekkhogahara. lol awkward. taking off the gloves, ooooh. Sakakura really is a puppet. Munakata you're being creepy. If the blade is hot why is Sakakura bleeding, also there we go! What's up with the weakness sheet? OOOH RURUKA SAW THAT? WOW IZAYOI YOU'RE CRAZY. Poor Ruruka. Why does this conversation feel very foreboding? Ruruka is dead, but it doesn't look right. Wait, what? I think she did say something: her actions make sense if she was fully aware she would die. Did...Munakata...just...scumslip?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (isolation #169) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair 9
FUCK I saw that coming. OOOH TROPICAL DESPAIR IS PLAYING! So Junko is revealing her master plan? hrmm. I DON'T TRUST YOU MIKAN. Oh god Chiaki you're just the best but this is not what you need to be doing. WAIT THAT'S HOW HE NORMALLY LOOKS? WHAT? Wait there's something up with Junko's admission?EW WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO HER? Woo-hoo Gundham going Super! FUUUUCK she's doing the thing where denies any culpability, this legit pisses me off. wtf Mikan what are you doing? wtf is with the title?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (isolation #170) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future 10
flashback? oooh. [went through quite a bit of the episode] how is he able to run? Huuuuh? OH NO. ooohooo Makoto you're a genius! THE ULTIMATE COMEBACK! What the heck? They can't all be despair: why did Tengan write what he did in that case? But how can he say that? YIKES THAT'S BRUTAL. ooooh, what's going on? His eye is normal now, also cool music. THE ANSWER? Also wtf is up at the island?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #171) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair 10
So I'm pretty sure Chisa is already despair cos future 10 but let's see. ok why are we dealing with this? Yooo that was kinda obvious though that he loved Munakata from how they stepped around it. OW HEELS ON HEAD. Twisted her ankle? SHOULDN'T YOU BE HELPING? Oh no. OH NO. WHAT?Nonononono. This isn't happening. AN EXECUTION? She's in a death maze what? CHANCE TIME!!!?!?!?!?! OH FUCK NO. THAT DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT AT ALL. FUUUUUUCk. I knew it was coming and it still hit me so hard....so what now? We still have 5 minutes. what? uggh this is so saaaadd. OH SHIT HE'S CRYING? One final thing: WHEN THE FUCK IS DR0 SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE TIMELINE? I know from looking at one of the character pages (Mondo iirc) on the wikia that the next episode involves the closing up of the school. So wtf?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (isolation #172) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: future 11
Flashback? So Munakata's conclusion is right? But what about Tengan's message? MITARAI?Alright, moment of truth. OH, is this what happens to the one that is woken up? WHAT THE, MONOKUMA'S GLOOMY SUNDAY? Reversed Monokuma theater them for the lose. what. Freaky dream sequence? YUP. Or hallucination, and I guess the point is to make them think they should be dead? OK MONDO TURNED INTO BUTTER AND I FLIPPED A BIT AND ALSO CHUCKLED. WHERE'D THE KNIFE COME FROM? Wait what? Munakata saving the day! SAKAKURA? YOU WERE DEAD! wtf is wrong with Sakakura? MITARAI AGAIN WTF IS YOUR DEAL? Tengan wtf? What did he just pull?And we're outside now? So we get to find out why Mitarai has been flipping out now huh? okay. TENGAN LEFT A MESSAGE?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (isolation #173) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: despair 11
what did Chisa check? They're normal for now? ok. lol I get that they're discussion memes in a serious sense but it cracks me up. WHAT. Okay so it was like this the whole they were just fucking with us. Ahhh I wondered why Izuru was reacting to Nagito's talent how he did. LOL Izuru just Shut Up, Hannibal'ed Junko! OK so the old school building is the one used for the shelter. OH. IT'S THE SAME THING USED IN THE FINAL KILLING GAME ON THE DESIGNATED ATTACKER. SHOOT. Ah so Mukuro was totally cool with being offed? i dunnoooo. WHOA, MAKOTO'S FUNKY LUCK KICKED IN. I think he has good luck disguised as bad luck. FUCK THAT'S CREEPY. oh...?The coded Jabberwock Island? MUFUFUFU? What? Izuru what?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #174) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Future 12!
OOOH CAN TENGAN DETECT LIES? So Chisa supplied the tools Tengan used? So she's the true mastermind? MITARAI MADE A HOPE VIDEO? WHEN? WAIT WHAT? HE'S THE VILLAIN? I WROTE HIM OFF BECAUSE HE WASN'T TURNED INTO DESPAIR IN THE DESPAIR ARC! YEAH MUNAKATA! So he's not the villain but a patsy?THIS THEME IS INTERESTING. I've seen that the Itunes store has the game soundtracks, where could I find the music from the anime? OOOH MUNAKATA LOOKS LIKE A HOPE MONOKUMA, AND NOT NO DAMN SHIROKUMA NEITHER.LOL EVEN MONACA. WHAT?!?!?!? Wait Tengan took Naegi away so he couldn't see the results of his plan? OOOOOH?IZURU? IZURUUUUUU?!?!!!???!??
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #175) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: quick fun note before the final episode
As I said I've been watching through a different playthrough of DR1 than I intitally did and it's ongoing, right now we're at chapter 4 and alter ego has figured out the files, and knowing what The Tragedy was gives me a strange calm.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #176) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: HOPE.
Hinata is it truly you? ARE THOSE CHIAKI'S EYES? That logo reminds me of Ace Attorney :|. I SAW THAT HAIR. HI KOMAEDA! ROBO HAND, LIKE SKYWALKER! TOM PHAN IS NOW MUNAKATA? Fuyihiko it's nice to see you (btw I think he was the one who took Junko eye,, it just makes sense). OMG HE HAS MINI MECHAMARUS? ON THE BONE MEAT YEAH (i didn't actually watch NicoB but that was a funny clip). Oh, one eye is Hinata, the other is Izuru. cool. OK THAT COUNTDOWN WENT DOWN WAY TOO FAST. Wait how'd Tom Phan change clothes? The sky is blue now. Um, what? Ah, the truth about Chiaki. I thought Chiaki's AI form was Alter Ego thanks to concurrent spoilers but I guess not? A medicine to slow the poison huh? Time to talk about this: I ended up walking into the fact Kirigiri died while looking at her character page on the wikia, and then later while skimming the thread I came across the fact she came back, and I was like "oh really guys, you just pulled a fast one because you didn't want to off a main character like that?" but I saw it mentioned that a cure was nearby so I think I'll give it a pass. And so the school re-opens. V3 TIME TOMORROW.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (isolation #177) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 409, Frozen Angel wrote:@Gamma

Spoiler:
Kyoko would cut her arm before dying like that if there was no cure. You can't kill her with a trick like that.

Also the number of alive players in the game always counted one extra for kyoko. and the cure was referenced in her fake death scene and before when she was investigating the alch girl.
Spoiler:
Fair.
I never really paid much attention to the players alive except once, in fact didn't they not have the intro for the last couple of episodes? Also I missed some references to the cure I guess? btw wtf was the thing that made Seiko and Munakata's eyes turn dark?
Also while I do have some gripes with the anime I don't feel like it's as bad as some people allege it to be.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (isolation #178) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Gonna use a new format for V3 since I sorta went overboard at the end of SDR2. This time, one post is one chapter, guaranteed.
Spoiler: Prologue
  • This is kinda different. The last two times it was made quite clear they thought they were going to a school. This time I guess not? Huh.
  • Smacking objects is a new thing. So in SDR2 you learned to walk in more places, here you're learning to hit things?
  • KILLER ROBOT AHHHHH
  • Wait was that in 3D graphics? Are we using those in the main games too now?
  • Oh god the gym, something will go down I can guarantee it, something always went down when you went to the gym in DR1.
  • Rantaro kinda looks like Nagito. Also some of these characters don't look like how I've seen them before (Kokichi, Maki)
  • OH GOD BEAR PUNS. So these are the Monokubs I've seen a bit about? My guess is they're going to be the Monobeast replacements.
  • This lady who keeps freaking out reminds me of Toko. PLEASE GIVE US NAMES.
  • Monotaro, Monosuke, Monophanie, Monodam, and Monokid. Interesting names, the sorta gave up on giving them Japanese names halfway through.
  • Everyone seems vaguely aware of the past events of the series.
  • And this explains the outfits.
  • Wait we're back here now?
  • Alright, we've got the name of this place, the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles. And this Ultimate Initiative whatever-the-fuck is confusing as hell rn.
  • OK in the past two game we didn't get a splash screen for the main character's talent. Why now...?
  • THE MATRIX?
  • ...friendship fragment? I guess that's the hope fragment substitute since we're not trying to rescue these guys from despair?
  • OMG is Kaede a canon lesbian?
  • Oh god the RE:Act feature is back, whyyyyy?
  • Oh so the person I'm watching has seen Maki. Apparently Maki is really popular in the fandom?
  • RIP stepladder meme 2001-2017
  • This kid creeps me out, such a deep voice on such a small dude. Oh shit this dude took down a mafia? I'm 99% that they translated that from yakuza, which is weird because Fuyihiko was kept as a yakuza.
  • OMFG SO RANTARO IS THE ONE WHO FORGOT HIS TALENT?
  • This lady swears a lot, is she gonna be like Mondo? She also seems very one-trick.
  • OK, weird witch-looking girl. Remember how I noted the Halloween photo in the Despair arc closing credits? This girl is why. I noted Mahiru in that photo looked like what I'd see of this girl. Also gyaaah she really reminds me of Monaca! I mean not only is she a mage for real and Monaca's role in the Warriors of Hope was mage, but they both sound similar, seem to act similar, and kinda have a similar face.
  • OH YEAH, yelling person! If a woman yells loud enough she can do anything!
  • Anthropology? cool. Oh but this guys seems a bit like Nagito himself with his obsession with the human condition.
  • Reaction...voice? WHAT?
  • I did NOT imagine this guy as an astronaut. Dude looks way to punk-rock for that.
  • The ability to go outside makes things interesting. Like yeah you had that in SDR2 but the setting kinda necessitated that. Here you can actually have nature areas without it being a greenhouse.
  • I don't think there's anyone who I particularly find uninteresting currently. That makes me happy.
  • Ultimate Maid huh? Uhhh why don't you just call her what you called Chisa, unless it was only Housekeeper in the sub? Also she seems a loooot like Peko, with her desire to serve others.
  • DING DING BING BONG EVERYONE! Guess we're going to the gym?
  • OOH this song is titled Wonderful Story? Wasn't the overworld theme in UDG Wonderful Dead? *THINKING*
  • FINALLY, THE REAL DEAL. I can't believe Monokuma is actually less annoying than the Monokubs.
  • OMG DRAGON BALL REFERENCE.
  • Okay, so Monokuma still has something to do with Despair.
  • Ryoma just asked a very interesting question. He seems like he's going to be like Togami from DR1 (and fyi to avoid confusion I will continue to refer to the other Togami as Tom Phan)
  • WHY ARE THE EYES BLUE. That is hella creepy.
  • Everyone seems really chill about this tbh, in the last two games everyone flipped their shit.
  • OK so from the intro it looks like Kibo and Shuichi might get executed. Also again, the Matrix is involved somehow I guess? Also weird focus on the eyes.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #179) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Chapter 1
  • cool graphic explaining the riules. Also they set an endpoint? OK...? Nighttime has changed a bit. No two kills max thing at the start still?
  • DEATH ROAD OF DESPAIR? dis gon b gud
  • Forced loss?
  • GYAH KOKICHI WHY U CREEPY?
  • That's different than what I remember wrt Monokuma Theatre. Also a death already? pls no.
  • First blood perk looks plain stupid.
  • LOL they flattened Monokuma.
  • I think I see what's gonna happen with the card reader. Someone will see past it and Kaede will look bad.
  • I think I've figured out the way they'll get around the first blood perk: 2 victims. Also I realized K1-B0 is literally the japanese word for hope but if it were a robot name in an Isaac Asimov story.
  • ...Tsumigi said "middle of a killing game" even though most people think it's over...
  • OMG THEY ACTUALLY REFERENCED TVTROPES.
  • OK THAT WAS CREEPY. But I knew something like it was coming thanks to a rogue YouTube thumbnail.
  • ...Rantaro? You're being weird.
  • Why are they calling blood out as pink now? It was red in past games.
  • Kerekiyo is definitely an early favorite. He's kinda like Nagito in that they both have different moral frameworks, but while Nagito feels twisted this guys just feels sideways, get the drift?
  • Man Shuichi really puts in work to show he deserves his title. He picks up on very specific things, just like Kyoko did.
  • FREE TIME! Since this is a variable aspect of the game I'm going to not be posting any notes for it, though I will mention if a free time event the person I'm watching does ends up coloring my perception of things within the main story, like how the maxing out of Chiaki led me to have suspicions about what Chiaki really was.
  • I will state that it's very clear if you fail one though, and this is the first one this person has failed across all three games I believe.
  • Movement detecting cameras. Make me think of a case from Ace Attorney.
  • Also as it's mentioned that only Miu and Kaede's labs are open I realize the game title really does mean Harmony as in a song, because it makes Monokuma's "murderous melody" comment a reference to the game title.
  • OMG Miu acts tough but she's a total softie.
  • hnyah no need for priest spells? No need for Jataro's help?
  • Oh man this camera plan is starting remind me of how Tom Phan held the party to keep everyone under surveillance in SDR2. What's gonna go wrong here?
  • Oh man Shuichi's story is pretty intense. Also possible romance?
  • THIS MUSIC IS FUCKING CREEPY.
  • OMG RANTARO IS DEAD? What's gonna happen?
  • OH IS THE MASTERMIND IN THERE CONTROLLING MONOKUMA?
  • AN OPT-OUT? WHAAAAAT?
  • Tenko's "all males are degenerates" shtick reminds me of Susan from El Goonish Shive.
  • Oh no. What's on the cameras...?
  • No underhanded tactics huh? Go tell that to Monokuma, cos he didn't get the memo in case 4 of the first game.
  • Buddy system, ok. <notes from the investigation will go in their own post because this is long enough, probably same for the trial>
  • Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #180) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think SDR2 was at the very least more interesting, not sure if that = better
    like after case 2 of DR1 nothing really struck me as so shocking that I had to talk about it
    I'll agree that at least in some manners the gameplay of SDR2 is worse
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #181) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

true that
    but
    agree spots and rebuttal showdowns (after any initial confusion) are good ideas. Logic dives are meh imo, the don't really do anything fun with them, they just change the course up
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #182) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I watched someone
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #183) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 1 Investigation
  • The music is a truth bullet? why???
  • Enough space for a baseball to fit through? REALLY?
  • Oh gosh I have a theory, what if it was Gonta because he though Rantaro was the mastermind?
  • OK Himiko is starting to piss me off. She's like if the worst parts of Saionji and Monaca got thrown together in a blender and put on puree.
  • OK so I saw the UDG2 poster mentioned in the comprehensive guide to the series Kokichi Oma (the scummer) gave me. It's not very interesting beyond the tease itself though.
  • OMG Tenko is giving this sorta-sad face and it looks ridiculous.
  • The bit about Angie's beliefs being like a credit-card program reminds me of a line from Amish Paradise.
  • Oh boy, where's Kokichi?
  • Wait she has a literal condition????? This is such BS I can't even take it on any level!
  • ALRIGHT, WHAT WILL THE PHOTOS TELL US?
  • So...Rantaro was gonna do something with the door, he saw the camera, went after it, and got killed?
  • The shrine of Judgement huh? I think I remember that place, huh. I recall thinking that was where the class trial would be held. Although this is short I'm splitting the post because first trial = a lot of new things to comment on.
  • <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #184) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: First Class Trial
  • V Point? This looks dumb af.
  • Liking the fancy text.
  • Seriously, all of these characters are interesting.
  • Mass Panic is just too much, yikes.
  • It can't be Shuichi, really?
  • OMG person I'm watching forgot to save at the recess and is now redoing the pre-recess portion.
  • Are we really going with another "the victim planned to kill someone", like case 1 of the first game?
  • A...lie? Are we forging evidence? OH MAN this is taking something Ace Attorney did to the next level. So Lie Bullets are basically meant to help people reach the truth through realizing their own idea is wrong? Huh okaaay? And you have HP Drain while you do it but it only takes effect if you screw up..? And wtf is this back route shit? btw someone actually mentioned perjury on the first trial of SDR2 from this guy when talking about his epic struggle with rebuttal showdowns, and I kinda forgot about that. I remembered something was mentioned but I hadn't checked in a long time so my brain assumed they were talking about the mas panic, which I view as the most insane new thing.
  • Yeah, Take That, Kokichi! K1-B0 can do what Alter Ego did for Taka!
  • Alright, Debate Scrums. I've actually seen this mentioned in a song track title. Looks cool I guess.
  • I've noticed a couple camera blurs up to here, wtf?
  • Oh gosh we're coming up on what I thinhk the motive is: whoever killed Rantaro thought HE was the mastermind.
  • Wait, whooooo put in the cameras again? I think it was Kaeeeeeedeeeeee.
  • Man this is horrible, please let it not be like "oh you killed someone even though you had a good motive, go die", please let everyone have sympathy.
    What's with the scene with Kaede and Shuichi under the lights?
  • Oh I guess it's a representation of their thoughts? Because it's probably what they were thinking on the elevator.
  • I realized something: I asked for this in SDR2. I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS!
  • Argument...Armament? Oh boy are we renaming the BTB/PTA again?
  • WTF Kaede has a mask on. Why?
  • So the Closing Argument is EVEN MORE linear now. Do they think people suck at these?
  • New Closing Argument music is cool.
  • OK Kokichi that's kinda heartless.
  • OH man the punishment, I heard somewhere these were extra-gory, this will probably fuck me up really badly...OK so she was hanged and then-what wait Monadam attacked Monokid? WHAT?
  • So ah, question: who's our back-up guy now? in DR1 it was Kyoko, in SDR2 it Chiaki, here while Kaede was the player character it was Shuichi, so who is it now?
  • Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #426 (isolation #185) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I FINISHED CHAPTER ONE OF DRV3
    Read my previous posts for the FUCKING ROLLER COASTER of reactions.
    Spoiler: And now, Chapter 2
  • Huh, so Shuichi took off the hat huh?
  • Heh true form. Also they JUST NOW decided to dine together?
  • Errrr what, Korekiyo?
  • OH EW WTF KOKIHCI JUST FLIPPED COLORS
  • Himiko was bullied, huh? Did people not like it when she laughed?
  • Space type spells...WITCH OF SPACE? JADE?
  • A sage? How does Nagisa have anything to do with this?
  • WOW MAKI, RUDE.
  • IDK Shuichi, that may sound like a manga plot but I kinda feel like it may have been on British telly once.
  • Wait this game has hidden Monokumas? How many were in Chapter 1?
  • Maki is obstructing her lab huh? I'm calling her being the next victim, because it's generally in the investigation that sort of stuff becomes accessible and it would make sense if you went there to investigate her death.
  • I mean even if K1-B0 didn't sink wouldn't water make him short-circuit?
  • Some of the casino skills look...interesting.
  • Oh my gosh A LOVE HOTEL? I've heard of these in videos talking about Nintendo's pre-video game ventures. Why is one HERE?
  • Rule number one of danganronpa: if monokuma is saying something and no one believes him, IT'S TRUE. The flashlight does what he says it does.
  • Running from...the Ultimate Hunt? It was a...bad...thing? So the escape method was the alternate ending from the first game where everyone lives? COOL. And now the Matrix thing is explained.
  • Oh booooy this Ultimate Hunt thing now reminds me of how they thought Future Foundation was bad in SDR2.
  • Is Kokichi going to be our realist this time, like Byakuya and Fuyuhiko?
  • Shuichi got Kaito's video...?
  • ...Kokichi might have a point.
  • lol Gonta didn't promise, that was a lie.
  • ANOTHER BLURRY MOMENT WTF
  • Wow EVERYONE is abusing Kirumi
  • Oh no Kaitoooooo...
  • That was cool, but the line before the Monokuma Theater... WHAT?
  • Tsumugi has gaming skills eh? Makes sense for a cosplayer.
  • OH GOSH WE'RE FOCUSING ON HIMIKO, RIP HIMIKO
  • ...Did Tenko just come out as a lesbain?
  • So angie is saying to stay and enjoy the stay, and to do so they're going to make it heaven on Earth? That makes me lean towards her possibly dying. I think this is the most I've speculated on who's gonna die in the series...
  • (in the casino) why do I get the feeling Miu is talking about sex when she talks about "green" and "red"...?
  • KIYO WHAT? He just lampshaded the game's premise!
  • ...Shuiichi's always bringing Kaito to his room...
  • KOKICHI WTF ARE YOU DOING? -- So he's trying to get a killing to happen? Yeah he's a bit like Byakuya I think, very into the hunt.
  • OMG MIU FLASHED GONTA.
  • Kibo has a tape recorder! That's gonna be used in the case right?
  • WHAAAAAAT? RYOMA???
  • Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #186) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 427, Parama wrote:
    Spoiler: gamma read this
    who do YOU think is gonna be the partner character this time? i'm genuinely curious. maybe there isn't even gonna be one? we'll see :)
    Spoiler:
    Probably Kaito since he seems to be chumming up to Shuichi for the moment. I'd like if it were someone out of left field though, like maybe Tsumugi.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #187) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

posted in one shot because site issues
    Spoiler: Case 2 Investigation
    • Drowning huh? It happened in the pool.
    • Oh boy getting to the important stuff BEFORE the trial.
    • Himiko is refusing to explain huh? Makes me think of an Ace Attorney case from the fourth game (not naming names to avoid spoilers, but anyone who’s played it knows what I mean.)
    • The glass pane has to be the trick to the escape.
    • Did Tsumugi just...reference another Ace Attorney case?
    • A case where most of the setup is done by someone else, and where it’s very possible someone could have seen the setup and had an idea, reminds me of the first two cases of SDR2.
    • The scratch marks on the window frame should go with the scratched cuffs. Also the open window is likely how the body was put into the tank.
    • OMG Kiyo went to a village where ropes were used in…SOME fashion. Igeddit
    • Okay so most likely the crime was before nighttime. That means it’s likely between 9 and 10 pm.
    • Ryoma was drowned in the sink!
    • Tsumugi is being weird, hm.
    • The girl in her underwear was Miu.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #188) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 2 Trial
    • Oh no did Angie do it? Why’s she throwing Himiko out with the bath water here?
    • I already thought of a back route: there’s a blue segment saying the escape act was no trick. What if you used a Lie Bullet version of that hatch on the bottom of the tank?
    • So that’s the meaning of the water by the stairs? Not what I expected.
    • Kirumi playing in a way I personally believe in: press every lead even if it may implicate you. Of course it’s not as good in this killing game as it is in mafia, cos you only have one shot to find the killer.
    • So this mass panic introduces telling someone to STFU, okay.
    • Oh boy, well we haven’t gotten to anything involving Maki so it’s gotta be Kaito. WHY ARE WE TEARING THROUGH THE PEOPLE CLOSEST TO THE PROTAGONIST?
    • OMG the more I see of this particular game the more it feels like a game of mafia. Kokichi’s method feels like a LyLo method. AND IT’S KOKICHI’S (the scummer) SIGNATURE!
    • Kokichi had it, of course.
    • Uh oh Shuichi YOU SLIPPED!
    • WTF is Maki claiming? This is literally impossible.
    • ...Scrum Debate about Maki’s guilt? Or a lie bullet. I can tell which one is needed from the bullets list.
    • OMG this is an amazing lie.
    • Alright here’s my theory. The killer sent the body from Ryoma’s lab straight to the gym, using the rope in some way...Or they could enter the pool room.
    • Maki has some similar poses to Kyoko. Hm.
      FUCKING SITE ATE MY POST. Whatever, nothing too big happened. I guess the biggest thing is Kirumi's reveal, which was interesting I guess.
    Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #432 (isolation #189) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 431, Parama wrote:Case 2 was interesting for me in this game because it's one of the few times I figured out basically everything during the investigation, including the killer
    Spoiler:
    How did you figure out the killer, the scrap of cloth? I thought it could be from the victim.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #190) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 436, Annadog40 wrote:Gamma Emerald, have you seen Super Danganronpa 2.5 OVA?
    The Nagito Komaeda thing? No.
    about that LSG I generally don't do LSG because I think they're very time-consuming?
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #191) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 3
    • METEOR STORM?
    • Beyond the grave eh?
    • Didn't comment on this earlier cos site ate my post, but the Assassin idea is one I had but didn't know how it would be executed.
    • EW BALDING MONOKUMA
    • Tsumugi mentions being plain a lot here.
    • These empty rooms are gonna be used for some weird stuff in the actual case, sorta like the two towers of SDR2's case 4
    • Gold katana EH?
    • Oh magic book, What if Himiko sees it?
    • So is this what's gonna bring out the beyond the grave part?
    • ANGIE LOOKS STRANGE
    • Kokichi be savage.
    • Ohhh boyyy. I've noted similarities between this game and SDR2 in the last couple of cases, and it looks like it will certainly continue here. A potential lockable room and rooms where you can make people think one is another.
    • Computer room gives me data center vibes.
    • FLASHBACK LIGHT TIME YES!
    • Maki going yoda on everyone: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
    • So each reveal will be delayed info from the intro to the previous chapter?
    • Forgot about nightly training
    • OMG ARE KAITO AND MAKI GONNA BE A THING?
    • Kaito's speech was seriously badass.
    • So Korekiyo takes a while to use the bathroom eh? And Yeah, they're definitely hinting at Korekiyo being a girl.
    • Student council...? So Angie's group had absorbed Tsumugi as well?
    • OMG another pool scene huh?
    • A RESURRECTION? What the hell even? It probably won't be Ryoma but who will it be? There's no way the player will be choosing.
    • A dead body so clean it can't even be dead? Why does this feel suspicious?
    • ANGIE IS SCARING ME! In fact...In the first game the third case's killer was someone who had been spouting stuff about accepting their situation. Could this be the same?
    • GAH, that scared me. Also, level up from that, yikes.
    • OMG Maki moment YAY. Maki and Shuichi are connecting!
    • Oh boy I saw this happening when Angie accosted Maki. Kaito is getting upset that Angie is restricting nighttime action as that interferes with the training, huh?
    • Oh they blocked the manhole? WHY?
    • TWO flashback lights this Chapter?!?!? And she broke it. Holy fuck Angie is pissing me off. Angie is looking to be the first person to legitimately piss me off enough to be ranked lowly, rather than just being generally uninteresting or lame.
    • WTF Kokichi why are you trying to flatter Shuichi? We KNOW you want Kirumi back. Alswo did he just lampshade the first game?
    • Tenko, what's your deal...? Alright then. Let's-a go.
    • OH MY, THAT WAS A HEART ATTACK AND A HALF. So they have to recreate their bodies to do the ritual?
      Alright, almost time for someone to die. And I think it might be Angie with Maki as the prime suspect.
    • OMG MAKI ROLL. Yeah, Maki went from total loner to team player this chapter, it's kinda cool. She's shaping up to be a favorite.
    • LOCKED ROOM OMG! This is how this will be similar to 2-3!
    • So we have...5 BODIES?
    • GAHAHDHNFF SCARY NO EYES KEEBO
    • OMG are we doing Divination Seances now?
    Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #441 (isolation #192) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I discovered Spotify has the COMPLETE soundtracks of the danganronpa games, and I've only tried this on desktop but you can play them on-demand. That's AWESOME.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #193) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Would I be working with the knowledge I have or would I not be aware of killing the mastermind = the game ends? Because if the first I'd probably try to track down the mastermind.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #445 (isolation #194) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I'd probably go after the mastermind. But I'd go slow about it. Try to collect clues that might tell things about the situation.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #448 (isolation #195) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I'm flat broke rn
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #196) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 449, Kokichi Oma wrote:Gamma did you ever finish
    Still watching V3. Currently up to the third investigation. fyi You can follow my progress with the posts I've been making.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #452 (isolation #197) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 3 Investigation
    • So did the forehead wound happen after death? Since the bleeding should be stopped then, right?
    • Whyyyy is the katana stabbed into an effigy? Is that the murder weapon?
    • Caged Child ceremony time, will it go wrong? Knowing this game, probably.
    • WHY DID I SEE THIS COMING?
    • OH MAN THE MULTIPLE KILLERS PROBLEM. Interesting story with this one. When they talked about this in SDR2 and Monokuma said he'd get very angry in this situation, I posted in the comments of the video about how that was an interesting take and what would happen if it really did happen, how would they run it, and someone commented that if it was in V3 it would have gotten explained because they explain everything. THAT WAS A TEASER.
    • That resolution is a SERIOUS disappointment, and I'd bet money it's the same person who killed both.
    • Keebo got an UPGRADE! Also, Crazy Diamond, you say?
    • Did something flip Tenko and the items on top of her?
    • Was Tenko killed under the floorboards?
    • Random thought: again the third case has some weird machinations. DR1's had the Robo Justice plot, SDR2's had the room wackiness, and here we have all this confusion about where the bodies are. I think this on DEFINITELY takes the case on "confusing".
    • PFFFFT KOKICHI WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
    • THAT'S IMPORTANT. NOW TRIAL TIME!
    • Let's note the trial grounds are really out-of-the-way.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #198) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Case 3 Trial
  • Before we begin, I'm curious if I can easily spot the backroute in this one like I did in case 2.<BONUS CONTENT: I decided to actually watch footage of the backroutes for the previous cases and the first one in case 2 mentions white knighting, lol>
  • Oh boy, transfer student theorizing. This is so lame.
  • MASS PANIC DEBATE, lezgo.
  • Kokichi is Nagito'ing, looool
  • That resolves the hanging bodies and katana, ok
  • OMG Kokichi is going with Miu's filthiness.
  • DEFENSE TIME! OMG Himiko is going craaaazy here.
  • Kiyo falling under suspicion here, huh? ... And what is he saying?
  • TSUMUGI WHYYYYY ARE YOU MENTIONING GLOWING PAINT? That's TOO specific!
  • Oooooh, Angie revenge-killed Tenko? Could be?
  • Or, suicide? NO frikkin way man.
  • WTF Kokichi, why would Tenko want to kill everyone?
  • OH GOSH TIME FOR A LIE. Is the Scrum coming up too, since those seem to come as a group? I also see what they want: they want you to use "Tenko's Last Moments" and lie that she immediately died. The great part is it reminds me of a meme from Ace Attorney, won't say what but if you know it you can laugh with me.
  • If that trap was laid, wouldn't Himiko be the culprit?
  • I see, well then, that probably implicates Kiyo since the seance was his idea.
  • Seriously, Scrumming over this? FAIL.
  • Lost some of my stuff to getting logged out, tl;dr is I don't really have much to say except Kiyo's motive is really cool tbh, it's kinda elevating how I felt about Celeste's motivation in 1-3, where I liked her having an ulterior motive but the killing was a route to it, but HERE the killing is the end itself. The incest part is weird but given Kiyo being an anthropologist I think it feels less weird from him. I only say this because I've taken an anthropology class myself and there was some interesting stuff brought up regarding the bounds of incest, like cross-cousins.
  • Monodam is gonna die too, calling it. Also this is freakishly similar to Celeste's death imo. MONODAM KILLED HIMSELF?
  • poor Himiko. I thought she'd be annoying but she's a complete cinnamon roll.
  • HOLY- HE'S SICK?
  • Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
    <Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Gamma Emerald
    Any
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #199) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 454, Annadog40 wrote:What bits of media is considered canon?
    I haven't really checked anything out beyond the games and the DR3 anime, but my policy is this: the core media is the "most canon". In this case, the games and DR3 anime. For Pokemon, I consider the "core media" the games. After the core franchise secondary media (for Pokemon, the anime) come next, then extraneous media. So if something outside the core media contradicts the core media, I go with the core media's version.
    At least that my perspective, not sure if you were asking me specifically or the whole thread.
    <Embrace The Void>

Return to “The Arcade”