Shorter deadlines question for the community

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Would you play a game with shorter deadlines (less than the two week average)?

Yes.
55%
No.
32%
Presently? Yes, I'd play a game with shorter deadlines, but not in the future.
5%
Presently? No, I wouldn't play a game with shorter deadlines, but definitely in the future.
2%
Maybe. Please comment!
6%
Other. Please comment!
2%

Total votes: 66

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:48 am

Post by mastina »

Only loosely related point, don't really have a particular post to quote to associate with this:
As a mod, when I mod a game, I am explicitly modding a game that I, as a player, would love to play in. I don't design games that I wouldn't personally enjoy on the other side of the equation. And that's also one of the reasons why I use the archaic 3-week deadlines, 72-hour prod rules, etc. I'm designing a game which is suited to what I, personally, would do and like as a player. (I
taking my time, I like having flexibility, I like having times where I am allowed to not post and have it not kill the game, so my games allow this of players.)

And this is honestly what I expect of all moderators. If they're not designing a game they themselves would play, why are they designing it in the first place? If it wouldn't be fun
for them
, it increases the odds that the players themselves won't have fun because the mod had a disconnect in the design process.

I'd expect the same, then, of those who want there to be shorter games. If they want to play in a game of that type, moderating a game of that type is a good way to get started.
In post 56, chamber wrote:Oh, I slightly misread your post. 10 or 7 days is likely fine and I think already allowed.
Explicitly so, yes, though the shorter the deadline, the more it needs to be noted in signups.

For instance, I recall a game with either 4 or 5-day deadlines; it was allowed, but players had to be told of the rule going into signups so they knew what they were signing up for.

Which is, as mentioned, one of the modifications which is allowed, similar to how mods can run Geriatric ruleset games. Something that is allowed, but people need to know about in advance so they're not blindsided by it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”