Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1922, the worst wrote:Bv if you have specific questions for me can you please ask them succinctly in clear English without answering your own question with your own opinions

and preferably in their own short posts so I read them

like rn I'm reading maybe 1/10 of your posts and praying to the mafia gods that you eat a nk or get copped so I don't have to sort you
Why didn't you react to Nauci this way? Or even Errant? Both of whom make long posts in a similar way to BV?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:44 am

Post by Shoshin »

the worst, you said you were going to check something about me. What was it?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Shoshin »

UNVOTE: Skitter
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Key
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Shoshin »

I really don't like the worst's response to BV.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

Everyone should probably either vote momrangal or at minimum respond to my points on her.
Still feeling the Bern in 2018
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1930, Bernie Sanders wrote:Everyone should probably either vote momrangal or at minimum respond to my points on her.
Think it could be Mom, Key, and the worst?
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

@BV
Was going to wagon stun partially just for the sake of it (the game felt lazy and boring there), but also he seemed the kind of newbie you can emotionally hardsort with pressure (could go into this). But he was starting to towntell slightly and I'd have felt pretty bad too if he's town and I pushed him that way (essentially rattle him very hard and judge reaction) for the sake of seeing "emotional tells" for an early "easy" read (there is something ethical to be said on this kind of thing), when I didn't even particularly have much reason to suspect him specifically. He got obvtown soon after though.

Invis just reads noob disengagedscum but where I stand anything I'm not getting towntells from is bad enough here. I can't really read N_M, last game I scumread him for lacking engagement relative to usual N_M which I thought was his meta tell but he flipped town d1. There's an element that it feels like a crapshoot given just low sample size and people giving the invis caveats though again nothing makes him town either and unfortunately he usually ignores pressure too so doesn't seem productive to go there, ideally attempt to poe read towards it. Though like n_m replacing in to play and then being like this is maybe not comparable to the game he started in and didn't find interesting and so kinda worse (occasional scum replace tell).
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 1931, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1930, Bernie Sanders wrote:Everyone should probably either vote momrangal or at minimum respond to my points on her.
IDK. If you scumread keysor you should probably either case or meta him. I feel like there's obvscum here so my priority isn't in what would probably be a lot of effort to try to hardsort people like keysor or errantparabola. I don't townread him that much because what I liked from him was mostly efforting and good analysis but that's not particularly reliable either. That said I could see him scum possible given I feel like he's had little game impact despite all his posting (and I've felt pretty much no pressure from him on his scumread) but I'm not even looking for a third right now.
Hell even in general I think looking to lockdown and call out fullteam distracts given if you have 2 scum but misread town as a third it potentially detracts from the whole thing and that approach you end up focusing on the people you feel least strongly and picking between them for a game of who is partner spec rather than actually pushing lynching most likely scum
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 1924, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1923, the worst wrote:holy mother of busywoek

if the cop isn't on BVslot they should be embarrassed
BV's very obviously town here.
I'd kinda reserve judgment here as well just to be safe
When I was playing with him we were town together and I thought he was super obvtown because tons of real scumhunting effort and what seemed like very insightful analysis (even when it was wrong like on me). Then I blindread another game after and felt the exact same way and thought okay easy but it turned out to be scum BV lol. I think I briefly checked again for like 5 minutes when BV replaced into alternating 9p as a curiosity though I was already dead by that time
as a side note that game me and BV had and clownspiracy put me off putting primary focus as association spec/partner hunting over individuals, you're town and you see people wasting literally countless hours of all day trying to fit partners with you and you with partners and it's like wow you wasted the entire day and I can't even say anything about or engage it and like okay those other people are probably scum can we lynch them (and then they say that's a strange association for scumpartners and a daring bus and don't want to lynch them anymore).
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

I literally don't know what momrangal is doing because she's not engaging me but also isn't trying to wagon me.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Alright I'm getting distracted. I don't think we have good odds of hitting scum off-Gamma-wagon, unless anyone has reason to specifically think more scum were offwagon than on.

VOTE: the worst,
this is L-2

Honestly think Not_Mafia has good odds to be scum here too, but it's hard to make a case for obvious reasons
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

It might not matter, but can you respond to my mom points and tell me why you have a TW preference.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

@keysor Can I get you to summarise your strongest reads in like a few sentences or something
I really don't get much out of going through you essentially describing past game events and giving "this is town/bad/just weird" or "hmm this could mean one of two things idk which" comment on each one when you can just do all that, and post a summary when you're done with with conclusions and overall judgments or what points you're making. You have individual statements but not enough on how it'd all come together or what you're really trying to convey.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:11 am

Post by brassherald »

I clearly missed my morning VC sorry. I'm almost done with my least favorite case ever then I promise to be good to go more often.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

TW get in here.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1917, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1914, Shoshin wrote:Hey BV, I like your catchup posts quite a bit. One very important question for you, why is Skitter town?
I'm trying to think of how best to explain it since there's a pretty big meta component here. To put it succinctly, she's a lot more persistent about pushing reads and gamesolving when she's town. I don't have first hand experience with her scumgame but from the few games I've read, she can fake analytical-looking posts to a certain extent but there's a lack of drive to keep pushing, finding answers and solving the game. As scum, she sometimes has a tendency to get a bit lurkish/burn out from the effort. In her towngames, it doesn't feel like it's a chore for her to keep churning out more content. She can just keep going until she gets to the bottom of whatever she's pushing. Since you're into reading previous games, take a glance through some of skitter's scum games and I think you'll get what I'm talking about. They are several months old but the mindset still holds. She prefers playing town over scum and this game, she's
well
out of her scumrange.
^^^^^

or TLDR I can semi-fake analysis but I can't really fake being stubborn or aggressive

(aside, I think that scum!you townreads town!me most of the time given that first newbie)

--
In post 1918, BlackVoid wrote:TheWorst's actual posting didn't make any impression on me. A lot of the one-liner type stuff feels like things he could post as either alignment and I have a hard time reading people who employ the conversational one-liner style without deeper analysis. I think he's more likely than not scum through POE.
He can towntell pretty hard with this playstyle. He just hasn't this game

--
In post 1918, BlackVoid wrote:The bolded is super weird because you're the one reading into her replace out. You're also very charitable towards TheWorst which makes me not feel good because you're both in my POE pool and you're stretching pretty hard to defend him. I dislike your Bernie and Nauci pushes as well.
wrt , now that I think about it, I don't think Gemini gave an in-thread explanation for repping out - like mom specified that it was for irl reasons when gemini didn't say anything of the sort

--
In post 1918, BlackVoid wrote:I noticed that too but my impression was that they wanted to swing momentum onto another viable-looking wagon as an alternative to TheWorst. I didn't like how Momrangal defended both Irrelephant and TheWorst and pushed their attackers and tried to get a wagon going elsewhere.
also doesn't really feel like a partner-vote to me, and i'm uncertain if both scum jump on the emerging nauci wagon one right after the other, but there's *quite* a few signs pointing to partners despite this

also keep an eye on the gamma wagon composition when you get there; I'd like to know what you think about it

--
In post 1922, the worst wrote:Bv if you have specific questions for me can you please ask them succinctly in clear English without answering your own question with your own opinions

and preferably in their own short posts so I read them

like rn I'm reading maybe 1/10 of your posts and praying to the mafia gods that you eat a nk or get copped so I don't have to sort you
aside, kinda wondering why this isn't your reaction to my posting most of the time

he's catching up and i don't think this is busywork; it's fairly in-line with how town!him usually analyzes games, and I think it's quite insightful

--
In post 1924, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1923, the worst wrote:holy mother of busywoek

if the cop isn't on BVslot they should be embarrassed
BV's very obviously town here.
I wouldn't go *quite* that far yet tbh. He's definitely trending towards town but I'm not ready to locktown him just yet.

He's very insightful as town, but as scum can fake that sort of analysis pretty well, especially when he can see what townread people had said previously and can moderate his opinions to match - that's why I'm waiting for him to catch up because I think it would be a bit harder for scum!him to do that in real-time.

--
In post 1940, Bernie Sanders wrote:TW get in here.
tbf it is middle of the night in his timezone
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1890, skitter30 wrote:a) being waffle-y about the gamma wagon and i still don't know why you think i took that out of context

b) there's a lot of mysterious townreads on you that i can't get anyone to explain satisfactorily

c) you were gamma's counterwagon and i couldn't get the wagon to have more than three votes - it faced an *insane* amount of resistance and nobody could explain why

d) you've done like nothing townie the whole game
Okay, so here's what I'm thinkin about Mom.
a) isn't scummy. b) isn't scummy.
c) is a salient point here, I think? d) i agree with a lot, ESPECIALLY in context with her response to pressure today
In post 1892, Bernie Sanders wrote:But this reaction is kind of evasive and somewhat talking around the point or of making judgment.
Like, mom cited a case that was made, presumably, a long time ago, rather than hashing something out again, like I would expect someone who was really convinced of a scumread that they'd held for a long time. And I agree that it gives me a weird gut feeling but ?? ??
In post 1896, Bernie Sanders wrote:Also WTF everyone left that wagon and it was between stay as a single vote or hop on to duck who I've had the most reason to believe as mom partner so far this game.
based on how the wagons have played out (today specifically), I would be surprised if they were partners. But I think I'd be interested in seeing someone like Nauci analyse it. I guess consider me a willing vote on either for now
In post 1913, BlackVoid wrote:This pinged. This is a game of perceptions and to do well as town, you need to read people correctly and be read correctly.

I actually don't like anything you've written under the heading of yourself. Why give bullet-points when you don't like self-meta?
this is the most incorrect thing that BlackVoid has said so far I think
Other than that I think his catchup has mildly positively impacted the game but no read yet
In post 1913, BlackVoid wrote:Nauci's Irrelephant push in 702 and 704 felt genuine. The more I think about it, I actually don't think that after a great game as scum together, Nauci's strategy in the next game she plays with Irrelephant is to keep pushing for his mislynch on the basis of his good scumplay.....
I agree with this wholeheartedly (assuming that I accept the premise, and theres no reason i wouldnt) i think with the events of this day I'd tend towards putting nauci as more confidently town and irrelephant as less town but still town
In post 1925, Shoshin wrote:Why didn't you react to Nauci this way? Or even Errant? Both of whom make long posts in a similar way to BV?
holy shit guys.
I'm a longposter now. i'm never like this, but this game has just been so nice
In post 1937, Bernie Sanders wrote:It might not matter, but can you respond to my mom points and tell me why you have a TW preference.
I'll put some more weight behind this question and say that I think this matters a lot especially if there is exactly one scum between Mom and the worst, given the timing of irre's vote (it matters a lot less if it's 0 or 2)
In post 1941, skitter30 wrote:there's *quite* a few signs pointing to partners despite this
do me a favor and give me the fast rundown on these?

Bernie, question:
a) are you a public alt? if so, who are you?
b) if not, have we played together? do you have an existing impression of me?
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1942, Errantparabola wrote:I'd tend towards putting nauci as more confidently town
Nauci Gets Townread By Doing Absolutely Nothing
(This Is A Joke)

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Wait, hold on.
Do you really simulaneously
a) hold this theory as plausible and
b) think that Key is so much scummier than the other two that you consider it a good move to try and start a wagon on him as opposed to joining a wagon

--implosion
provided
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1944, Errantparabola wrote:
Wait, hold on.
Do you really simulaneously
a) hold this theory as plausible and
b) think that Key is so much scummier than the other two that you consider it a good move to try and start a wagon on him as opposed to joining a wagon
a) it's a plausible theory, but (b) I never said Key was "so much scummier."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1942, Errantparabola wrote:Okay, so here's what I'm thinkin about Mom.
a) isn't scummy. b) isn't scummy.
c) is a salient point here, I think? d) i agree with a lot, ESPECIALLY in context with her response to pressure today
b) is perplexing in the context of c) - the mysterious townreads are part of why i couldn't get that wagon to happen yesterday

--
In post 1942, Errantparabola wrote:do me a favor and give me the fast rundown on these?
a) mom's weird defense of tw from way back when

b) both of them starting a counterwagon on nauci just as tw's wagon was getting high

c) earlier in the game was very hedge-y wrt his read on her and pretty much the next time he mentioned her he had one of those mysterious townreads because she was defending him when he was getting wagoned. like is :/ and was very against wagoning her and was just not willing to change his read or reconsider it when i was trying to wagon her . and then he declared himself to be mom's cw and that since scum were apparently pushing his wagon so hard, she must be scum too (and he felt this reasoning wasn't valid yesterday when I was pointing out that gamma's wagon was quite possibly her counter). and now mom is in his lynchpool and she was v/la i think between declaring her town and putting her in his lynchpool. like i really don't understand this progression tbh

d) and mom has just been hard-defending him like all game and is going after bernie for scumreading him and trying to wagon him for pushing both tw and mom

i'm still entertaining the theory that she's white-knighting tw tho
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: mom

i don't know what number vote that is, i think ~3 maybe
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1941, skitter30 wrote:He's very insightful as town, but as scum can fake that sort of analysis pretty well, especially when he can see what townread people had said previously and can moderate his opinions to match - that's why I'm waiting for him to catch up because I think it would be a bit harder for scum!him to do that in real-time.
Do you think he'd read the whole game this carefully as scum? Like, he's really digging into the nuances of every post in a way that I have trouble seeing anyone do as scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

yes, very much so