Murder Riddle (Solved)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I'd have to reread the whole thing, but my initial impression before reading everything was that Jezz would be the killer. And considering most of her statements, if lies, would solve locked room murders (she is often claiming something is locked) it would make sense for a solution. And on top of that the ending would make sense if she was indeed a killer.

Alternatively, the killer would have to be someone that faked their death early on and fought with he dad, etc. With one of the remaining suspects being an accomplice.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Can't all of the final three be innocent if all the culprits faked killed themselves?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Ah, I see what you're saying.

In fact, the only way for Yarn to be a culprit is if both Zeus and Ryax are also culprits, as they both stated it can't be Yarn. In which case, if all three were culprits, they would not have had the said dialogue at the end.

So knowing that Yarn is innocent. We can go back and look through Yarn's statements. For example, Yarn said Jezz was dead. If Jezz was dead we also know Jezz can't be a culprit because culprits can't die. Therefore, all Jezz's statements will be true too.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 10, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 8, Blackberry wrote:Ah, I see what you're saying.

In fact, the only way for Yarn to be a culprit is if both Zeus and Ryax are also culprits, as they both stated it can't be Yarn. In which case, if all three were culprits, they would not have had the said dialogue at the end.

So knowing that Yarn is innocent. We can go back and look through Yarn's statements. For example, Yarn said Jezz was dead. If Jezz was dead we also know Jezz can't be a culprit because culprits can't die. Therefore, all Jezz's statements will be true too.
Um... I thought that culprits can decide to tell the truth or not. So they could have all been culprits, and sometimes told the truth and other times lied, no?
You are correct - but my statement still holds true.

Innocent people can't lie. Only culprits can. So the fact that both Zeus and Ryax stated that Yarn is good, means that the only way for Yarn to be bad is if in fact all three remaining survivors are the culprits. But the dialogue at the end wouldn't make sense if all three were bad. Therefore, Yarn is good and all of her statements are true. Etc.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 12, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 11, Blackberry wrote:The only way for Yarn to be bad is if in fact all three remaining survivors are the culprits. But the dialogue at the end wouldn't make sense if all three were bad.
How would it not make sense?
If all three were culprits - it'd be pointless for them to discuss the mystery amongst eachother because they'd already know that they're all that's left and they'd accomplished their objective.

Although I guess there's nothing in the rules that would prohibit three culprits at the end "acting" like they don't know what's going on. So technically sure it's possible all three are bad. But in terms of theme it'd be silly for the three culprits to be faking dialogue amongst eachother.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 16, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 13, Blackberry wrote:
In post 12, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 11, Blackberry wrote:The only way for Yarn to be bad is if in fact all three remaining survivors are the culprits. But the dialogue at the end wouldn't make sense if all three were bad.
How would it not make sense?
If all three were culprits - it'd be pointless for them to discuss the mystery amongst eachother because they'd already know that they're all that's left and they'd accomplished their objective.

Although I guess there's nothing in the rules that would prohibit three culprits at the end "acting" like they don't know what's going on. So technically sure it's possible all three are bad. But in terms of theme it'd be silly for the three culprits to be faking dialogue amongst eachother.
What if they all are culprits but do not
know
they are all culprits? Perhaps those three independently decided to do murders and each feared being the only culprit among 2 other innocents, so they tried to "act normal".

I am only going to this length because apparently Yarn being innocent makes a whole bunch of others innocent, but the argument for Yarn innocent still does not seem rock solid to me.
I would accept that as a plausible theory actually. No where does it state the culprits have to be working together or know who one another are.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Blackberry »

Alright, I'm going to post a theory and see what happens ^_^.

WILLIAM
William is a culprit.

William and Alex's "death" occurred when the eight others were all together. So either one of them committed the murders and faked their own death. Or one of the eight that previously died was a culprit and committed the murders.

However, none of the previous 8 that died would have a key anymore and could not create the lock room scenario that resulted in Alex's death. Even if they killed one of

We know 100% Alex did not fake his death, as the narration states Alex died.

William must have killed Alex. Dropped his key near Alex's body and took Alex's key. Locked Alex's door. Went to his own room, locked it from the inside and faked his death.

It's possible Xerzes or Fracie also killed both of them, then took the time to go to one's room, swap the keys and then take it back to the other room and hid in William's room... but that would take time to go back and forth after killing them and there was likely not enough time to do this.

RYAX
Ryax is a culprit.

Ryax is a culprit because Ryax lied. During William and Alex's death, the only people that could have killed the victim(s) were Xerzes, Fracie, or William. However, Ryax confirmed all of their deaths. Therefore, Ryax is a culprit.

ZEUS
Zeus is a culprit.

Zeus is a culprit because he was the only person that could create the locked room mystery that resulted in the dad's death in the locked bathroom. He was the only suspect with a key that could lock the bathroom door after the murder was committed.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #21 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Blackberry »

Yarn didn't say that in purple though.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #22 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Blackberry »

I'll try to post a case later. I'll start with dad's murder. Because I think that's the easiest to write out and prove who was involved with the murder.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #26 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Blackberry »

How do we think Jezz was murdered?

Although there's a Winchester next to her, there was no loud bangs. Which would lead me to conclude the method of murder was not gunfire.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #39 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 38, Segaco wrote:
The moment there are more culprits than innocents, the culprits would immediately go kill off the remaining innocents.
By this statement... that means
At least 2 of the remaining 3 are innocent.

And it also means there can not be more than 2 culprits.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”