Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.01
Formerfish (1) -
OkaPoka
IcemanCh (1) -
Formerfish
maggielemy (1) -
TrinityNZ
OkaPoka (1) -
stan1ey
stan1ey (1) -
SargeAlpha
SargeAlpha (1) -
nancy

Not Voting (3) -
IcemanCh, maggielemy, Flicker

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 10 days until all players have confirmed.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:18 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Sarge, how much to you is too much posting or too little posting?
SargeAlpha
SargeAlpha
Townie
SargeAlpha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 am

Post by SargeAlpha »

In post 26, OkaPoka wrote:Sarge, how much to you is too much posting or too little posting?
If I can recall correctly, I posted on average about 4-6 times per day on one marathon game.
For me at the moment, I wouldn't post something unless it provides insight or contributes somewhat to everyone is doing.
Even with this though I got called out for posting too little on the third day, so I guess that amount of posting is too little.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Typically speaking, you should at least check in once every 24 hours at the bare minimum to comment on things, answer questions, or ask questions, but as the deadline gets closer, it is good to increase your posting and be more active, especially if no real lynch candidates have been presented imo.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm not missing!!! I'm driving home from Utah. It's a 36 hour drive. The wife and I have been taking turns driving.

Anyways. Never not vote formerfish.

VOTE: FormerFish
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Flicker »

Hey, all! Sorry I haven't shown up until now; the thread opened past my bedtime, so I slept through a lot of page 1.

Anyway, I can't tell if we're out of RVS or not, and I haven't seen anything particularly scummy yet, so I guess I'll just hold onto my vote for now.

As for
nancy's
questions:
In post 8, nancy wrote:1) What sort of activity can we expect from you this game?
So far, I tend to be more of a lower activity, wall posting type of player, because I like to take the time to really think and consider things before I post.
In post 8, nancy wrote:2) Have you played forum mafia before, and if so, where, and how has that informed your play?
All my games can be found on my wiki page. I think the only thing I've really learned about my play is that I'm fairly good at figuring out teams on day 3 (although it hasn't done me any good so far).
In post 8, nancy wrote:3) Do you prefer hunting mafia or manipulating town, and why?
I've only rolled scum once (in Micro 805.1), but I wouldn't say I really got the opportunity to
play
as scum, so I don't know which I prefer. Playing as town for me is as exciting as it is stressful, but the excitement tends to peak early (like, day 1) and the stress tends to just build after that. Sometimes, that stress sort of paralyzes me and blocks me from posting (I'm very conflict-averse, which is a trait I'm hoping Mafia can help me overcome), and theoretically playing as scum would be easier in that respect.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 am

Post by OkaPoka »

@nancy what are the point of these questions, especially question number 3
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Micc »

Prologue replaces maggielemy.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 8, nancy wrote:1) What sort of activity can we expect from you this game?
2) Have you played forum mafia before, and if so, where, and how has that informed your play?
3) Do you prefer hunting mafia or manipulating town, and why?
1. It depends on how the game goes with everyone else. I can pop off 50 posts in a night if there is something to dive into, or I could post once a day or two if nothing is going on. I do tend to post in spats.
2. I started playing on gamefaqs.com in a weird board a few people took over. It was a bit different with 3 day days and 1 day nights. It made us a little quicker to pull triggers on people and could make things very swingy. Here I've calmed down a bit and have started to understand the game on a different level.
3. I prefer town hunting, leading to scum lynches. Being scum literally takes to much out of me by the end of the game, and I'm not a good enough scum Hunter to look for them outright at the beginning. I like to get some town reads, compare notes and then PoE who is scum.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 29, IcemanCh wrote:I'm not missing!!! I'm driving home from Utah. It's a 36 hour drive. The wife and I have been taking turns driving.

Anyways. Never not vote formerfish.

I like this. Last time you did that we had a perfect win. Let's do it again here.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 30, Flicker wrote:Anyway, I can't tell if we're out of RVS or not, and I haven't seen anything particularly scummy yet, so I guess I'll just hold onto my vote for now.
"Are we out of rvs?"
"I haven't seen anything scummy yet."
"Even though I just answered my own question, I'm not going to vote."

I think we just found something scummy folks.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by stan1ey »

In post 33, Formerfish wrote:I can pop off 50 posts in a night if there is something to dive into
Please don't do this
In post 35, Formerfish wrote:I think we just found something scummy folks.
Fancy explaining what is scummy? i know the general consensus is that its best to have your vote in play at all times but he is a newbie after all maybe he hasnt seen anyone say that yet
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Formerfish »

It's scummy because they are making it seem like they don't want to vote because we may be out of rvs already, not very likely when we are barely on page 2. They answer their own question by mentioning that nothing scummy has really come up, which would mean that most likely we are still in rvs.

So if they were concerned about being out of rvs as a reason to have not voted, their own reasoning is negated by their own observation of the game, and should have felt comfortable voting freely.

For some reason they didn't.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Fuck. I meant to not answer that until they said something, but I just smoked a bowl on the shitter and forgot.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

you seemed somewhat convinced.

why aren't you voting flicker up?
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Messiah Complex »

Mostly because they are newer and have 1 post in so far. I don't like the post and it's something I would like to engage her on, but until she gets back in here and posts more I can't do that.

1 post that's not quite good does not a scumbag make.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 40, Messiah Complex wrote:Mostly because they are newer and have 1 post in so far. I don't like the post and it's something I would like to engage her on, but until she gets back in here and posts more I can't do that.

1 post that's not quite good does not a scumbag make.
Shit, can we get rid of that altslip?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

huh?

is that the famous scummy formerfish alt slip hydra?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Formerfish »

No that's the alt that has come out of retirement after a few years. My brother and I are playing again.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 38, Formerfish wrote:Fuck. I meant to not answer that until they said something, but I just smoked a bowl on the shitter and forgot.
UNVOTE: maggie

Not a fan of drug references
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

That a serious vote there?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 37, Formerfish wrote:It's scummy because they are making it seem like they don't want to vote because we may be out of rvs already, not very likely when we are barely on page 2. They answer their own question by mentioning that nothing scummy has really come up, which would mean that most likely we are still in rvs.

So if they were concerned about being out of rvs as a reason to have not voted, their own reasoning is negated by their own observation of the game, and should have felt comfortable voting freely.

*She/her, thanks. :]

It's possible to be out of RVS on page 2, just as it's possible for scummy things to happen during RVS, so I think your logic here is wrong. From my perspective, it seemed like there might be enough substantive talk, especially based on/around nancy's questions, that we might be out of RVS, but I wasn't positive because I'm still pretty new and I'm not 100% sure when RVS ends (other than everybody agreeing that it's over). So, I could either risk making a random vote and getting scrutinized for that, or I could be wrong about the RVS status and risk being scrutinized for not voting at all. I went with "don't vote, explain why, and assume people will understand," but that failed, and here we are.

Speaking of vote scrutiny...
In post 44, TrinityNZ wrote:UNVOTE: maggie

My understanding of RVS is that it only involves one random vote, and then the next vote should be serious. So, why this second non-serious vote?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 46, Flicker wrote:
In post 37, Formerfish wrote:It's scummy because they are making it seem like they don't want to vote because we may be out of rvs already, not very likely when we are barely on page 2. They answer their own question by mentioning that nothing scummy has really come up, which would mean that most likely we are still in rvs.

*She/her, thanks. :]

It's possible to be out of RVS on page 2, just as it's possible for scummy things to happen during RVS, so I think your logic here is wrong. From my perspective, it seemed like there might be enough substantive talk, especially based on/around nancy's questions, that we might be out of RVS, but I wasn't positive because I'm still pretty new and I'm not 100% sure when RVS ends (other than everybody agreeing that it's over). So, I could either risk making a random vote and getting scrutinized for that, or I could be wrong about the RVS status and risk being scrutinized for not voting at all. I went with "don't vote, explain why, and assume people will understand," but that failed, and here we are.

Speaking of vote scrutiny...
In post 44, TrinityNZ wrote:UNVOTE: maggie

My understanding of RVS is that it only involves one random vote, and then the next vote should be serious. So, why this second non-serious vote?
why do you care about being scrutinized?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Flicker »

I don't care about being scrutinized overall, and I don't see how you got that out of my post? I just prefer to be scrutinized for better/more substantial reasons than I felt I would have been.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

You said you had the risk of making a random vote and getting the scrutinized for that versus getting scrutinized for not voting at all which makes me think that getting scrutinized is at the forefront of your mind.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”