Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #327 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll be here tomorrow.
If I'm not here tomorrow, I'll be replacing out, but I think I'll probably be fine.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #450 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Haven't read particularly in depth yet. Don't really have too much time to post right now.

But, even with nothing but a half-assed skim under my belt, I know that Staeg's almost certainly town here; pretty sure he's been mislynched (or should have been mislynched) in every game that we've played together in the past three years but the way that he responds to things with the sort of doe-eyed and underwhelming snark is exclusively his town meta. Think Muffin's push here is opportunistic. The rest of his reads are OK but as a whole underwhelming.

Vote: zMuffinMan
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #451 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 444, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 412, Fate wrote:Everything has always been known. Sample pm added to officially complete my setup ritual and the opening posts

Remember FATE games dont get broken

They break you.

Enjoy
What makes sense is that yes, mafia had a way to know about the name of town before it was posted as a sample pm. Kuribo loses points for trying to act like they were confirmed town up until th epoint the mod came in thread and confirmed they weren't
You're technically correct that maybe mafia had a way to know the name of town before a sample PM was posted.
But we are playing a Fate game here - it took me a couple minutes to figure out my alignment in this game so entirely possible he forgot to let mafia know important things like "town is called Harmony".

I think that kuribo looks decently town outside of that. I don't have specifics now (I'd probably be throwing out things like "swagger" or "self-satisfied smirk" if I tried to talk about it now), but 1) do you have an opinion on kuribo outside or the harmony stuff and 2) are you really willing to die on this hill? because it looks like you're in the process of dying on this hill.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #452 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

DGB is another "pretty much lock town" read in this game; she doesn't have anywhere the same amount of bite whether scum or town and, while I can find that playing with scumpartners she likes can elevate her play, I don't think that it would be elevated to this level.

I understand where LLD's coming from this game (it's an extremely awkward and uncomfortable place to come from), but DGB's just being DGB at this point and there's no reason for continued interactions here - you're just making yourself angrier and this game will continue to grate and be unfun until you manage to let go/disconnect from that particular piece. I have no problems with her reads so far, like the Kuribo/Maria observation in particular. I initially didn't understand it, but there was a similar and different dynamic with RC and Kuribo and believe that both Maria and Kuribo have the type of pride in their scumgames that can lead to an interaction like that.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #454 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Espeonage also seemed pretty town.

My interpretation is sloppier than yours. I don't find this line of thought to be productive in any way at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #876 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll start actually catching up tomorrow - I've mostly been staying read up by skimming when I have the chance so my hope is that catching up won't actually be that bad.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1084 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 860, zMuffinMan wrote:i still want to lynch staeg. his most recent post to kuribo just looks like a lot of words used to say very little in the end (im not even clear on whether he is (or was) reading kuribo as scum - the beginning of that post seems to suggest he was, the end of it seems to suggest he isn't, but it's not entirely clear)
The only post that you've made talking about your Staeg read without going "Staeg is scum because his posts are bad OR Staeg is bad because there's nothing town in his posts" is this one, which addresses Staeg's #636, which is one of the posts I think that Staeg is the least likely to make as scum.
In post 636, Staeg wrote:Kurbio, the push seemed off because at every step you raised an objection that differed significantly from anything I might have responded. There was a groove to it that didn't fit my reading of the game, even if none of it was technically wrong.

My original interpretation of Dunn's Kokichi vote and unvote was not fencesitty at all, mostly because I had a similar impression that there was a clear improvement, but I appear to have misassigned someone's post to Kokichi, since 156 is the only intermediate post and it's not a very good one. My previous frame pointed at Dunn making a reasonable transition that didn't merit much explanation (which made me confused about why Kuribo would jump on it), and this new one just feels like he got distracted and didn't pay attention, then tried to reverse-engineer the reasoning later.

Responding to "why is [post] bad?" with "no why is it good?" was similarly jarring - your further response was the next intuitive step, and your dance felt like it had an added 2.5 step between the 2-beat and the 3-beat and was thus off.

I projected the off-ness of the dance onto Dunn at the time, and felt like he understandably couldn't quite catch your pitch. I now appear to think he's scum, oops, more on that in a bit.

You then asserted disenginuity on my part and assumed that the faultline I perceived was regarding the naked vote, not regarding your approach specifically, which, blech, is fair in retrospect, but did not at all read like a reasonable interpretation of my posts at the time.

All this resulted in me feeling like you're not reading between the lines, or that your eyes perceive much different words written there. The "series of somethings" was a not-entirely-sober way of saying that you're talking past each other, and that you're also talking past me regarding a misplaced understanding of my points of disapproval.
The first sentence is the last piece of followup to his initial prodding of Kuribo in #324 - following that progression it seems more obvious that he was initially scumreading Kuribo for the push but backed off it later. I don't think this is a move that Staeg would be likely to pull, especially based on the reasoning he gave - Staeg as scum is more tentative than most in pushing players who are likely to push him back, and the idea that he would push Kuribo as scum because "your groove wasn't fitting in with how I was feeling at time" seems absurd to me and isn't something that I think have been acknowledged by any of the Staeg voters, but is especially something that I feel that you should be seeing.

His backpedal onto voting Dunnstral after defending him really doesn't make sense from a scum perspective because it doesn't look like something planned or agenda based at all. If he was scum here, then I'd imagine he'd have a vague sort of plan in mind when deciding to defend Dunnstral against kuribo, but this... doesn't imply that at all. I don't understand what Staeg voters think that he was thinking here if scum - did he defend Dunnstral against Kuribo and
not
expect pushback of any sort? Or when he got pushback, did he chicken out?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1088 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 861, Staeg wrote:This entire debacle on behalf of DGB feels very inconsistent with my model of how emotionally intelligent she is and of what some people - kuribo, mostly - are saying in regards to their reasoning (ie directly contradicting the claim that this is emotion-based and pointing at actual content), to the extent that I'd call it a scumpost.
and then apparently staeg-scum, after bungling an attack of kuribo and defense of Dunnstral to the point where he had to back off seconds later, decides to throw a potshot at DGB, who is one of the most townread players in the game right now and coincidentally was one of the very few players leaning town on him at this point.

This just isn't anywhere close to his scum meta; Staeg as scum is quiet and underwhelming but I've never ever seen him go "wildly suicidal" as he seems to be doing here. Staeg-town gets mislynched incessantly for pretty much this reason exactly.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1096 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1092, zMuffinMan wrote:it wasn't obvious that he was scum-reading kuribo before that post. calling someone's push "ill-founded" (324) doesn't imply a scum read and the posts following that didn't read to me like he was scum-reading kuribo either
Push is a bad word, but it's something that he wrote down and, if he has any familiarity with kuribo at all (and hey, he does), then he knows he's getting pushback for it and he knows it's going to be challenged.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1097 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1092, zMuffinMan wrote:as far as the progression on that read goes, what progression? at what point and why do you think staeg flipped the kuribo read you think he had? because for the most part, that post looks like him trying to rock the boat as little as possible (there's no attack on kuribo here, it reads more like a defense of himself, and the second and fourth paragraph aren't even about kuribo). he never commits to a kuribo read at any point (in that post or the prior ones) and he ends that post by seemingly backing off for reasons he doesn't talk about
I don't think he ever had a full fledged scumread on kuribo. I think that he felt badly about kuribo's push initially (scumread), talked to him about it, backed off and then realized he was incorrect about elements of kuribo's push and was incorrect about some things that were happening in general.

If he wasn't trying to rock the boat, he doesn't attack kuribo here and his back off of defending Dunnstral isn't "oops I guess I'm scumreading Dunnstral now".

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1098 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1094, AnonymousGhost wrote:It's been brought up - not by me - that 114 is sus because if Staeg that it was a scum post, why'd he wait until someone else called it a scum post and then wait until three people voted for Kokichi. This, however, has been refuted by the point that Staeg wasn't online and active at the time that this pile on happened, tbf. (I think he's the one who refuted it, but I don't know for sure.)
So this point doesn't apply.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1100 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1094, AnonymousGhost wrote:Staeg's "push" on me is literally "I'm down with a wagon on AG" after LLD posted her "I don't like Ghost" 163. Are these two things a direct cause and effect? Probably not. Does it fit into the pattern that Staeg hasn't "pushed" for a wagon of his own? Yes. Just take a look at how he joined the Kokichi wagon after three other people voted.

His "case" on Dunn was never actually brought up despite his 636 that promised he'd explain more on that. It's worth noting that Staeg says he scum reads Dunn in a roundabout way and he never voted Dunn in that post. It's nearly 200 posts later that he does in 861. I recognize that this is flimsy because Staeg could've been pressed for time or maybe it's not his meta to vote in the same post he says he scum reads someone, but I still think it's sus.

For both his push on Dunn and I, nobody knows what it is. It might as well be a gut read for as much as Staeg has "explained" his reads/cases.
For the rest, my main point was that Staeg as scum doesn't like pushing people who are likely to push him back aka he doesn't mess with people with Fate/Kuribo/LLD/Muffin who give the people scumreading them an incredibly hard time.

I didn't say that he's likely to explain his reads well as town but not as scum because that's not the case. I also didn't say that he isn't likely to make easier votes/be swayed by loud voices as town because that also isn't the case. His posts towards DGB and Kuribo here might not seem like much to you but they are things that never ever come from him as scum and don't make sense coming from him as scum in the first place.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1102 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1099, AnonymousGhost wrote:If you say so.
You said:

"Here's a point, it's been refuted already."

So is it a point you believe in anyways (you don't believe the counterpoint is legit) or...?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1127 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm his Mason partner. We are both Harmony aligned.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1128 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I am Aphrodite, he is Hades. My role is referred to as a" Sun/Moon Combination, with a sun in Pisces. I'm not sure what more information is required.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1129 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The "apparently not a tree stump" comment is based on something that Fate said in the PT which very heavily implied that Staeg was voteless and I was not.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1130 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Kokichi Oma

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1134 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1131, Dunnstral wrote:Nacho, any chance you would join this? Also, get Staeg off of me
Why is my current vote a bad one?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1433 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I will actually catch up and post a full readslist tomorrow, but absolutely loving the Kokichi wagon.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1863 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1811, MariaR wrote:
I can confrim this game is multiball I had a 1 shot vest as well and I got killed through it

This means I was killed by 2 things
or it means you were killed by a strongman
which is strange either way

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1953 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm catching up now.
I would say something like "please don't confirm kuribo as Leo King before I have time to read the game", buuuut Fate's modding so I'll probably have plenty of time anyways.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1956 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1946, kuribo wrote:I find it hard to believe that 1- that's how Feysal knows we're in multiball, 2- that he's a town aligned half-Miller that shows up as scum to scum, and 3- that his bah post from yesterday, which contained no mention of multiball or a pseudo-Miller, or any sort of useful information could have come from town who thought he'd just been roped
So in response to 1, I think that Feysal's point of view makes a lot of sense here and it's something he's post 161 hinting at since pretty early game. If Feysal is scum here and knows that it's multiball, I really don't think this is how he plays it. Feysal is an intelligent person. If he is scum, he's claiming in an effort to be seen as town. I don't think any person claiming what Feysal is right now for towncred could be called anything but "fucking insane".

In response to 3, I think that your point would be much much stronger if Feysal was a mason or a cop. If I'm quickhammered as a vanilla townie, I'll go "fuck you guys that was a horrible lynch" but I won't feel obligated to claim a role that doesn't really matter whereas when I get quickhammered as a strong PR I should have claimed my response is more along the lines of "I'm a cop - if you would have let me claimed I could have cleared myself but instead you just had to shit the bed". I don't understand why Feysal would mention multiball when hammered - it's an inference that he made based on his role and it's something that we'd figure out pretty quickly with his flip/by night 1, and it's not something that's guaranteed to be true. If he was feeling cooperative and dumping information everywhere then I'd feel differently but that's not the type of mood it seemed like he was in.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1959 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 576, zMuffinMan wrote:don't really like the staeg defense - i wouldn't classify anything staeg's posted as "snarky" but even if i squint and look at his posts sideways, i can't see what he's referring to. nacho's reasoning for voting me feels pretty weak. don't really like the fact he put a lot more effort into talking about things other than his primary scum read, especially since he should know it's going to take a lot more than that to actually get me lynched (i get that he's time-constrained but he had enough time to post the rest of what he posted so yeah)
i will talk the most about things that i either A) feel strongly about, or B) feel are most relevant.
you being my primary scumread didn't mean that you were a particularly strong read. i'm not arrogant enough to believe that i'll have a significant impact in getting someone lynched when i'm not a significant presence in the game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1960 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1958, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: zMuffinMan
?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1965 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

anonymousghost.
are those the only 2 votes you're willing to make?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1966 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1964, kuribo wrote:You're making my point without trying to. He already knew he'd flip factional scum, and so he had no need to reveal that to town. Again, it would take an extraordinarily bad player to not mention that as lynched town, and I do not believe Feysal to be an extraordinarily bad player.
i really don't understand the point you're making.
i wouldn't claim my role if i was in feysal's position.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1972 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1961, zMuffinMan wrote:i believe feysal's role claim. i think it's more likely a scum role, though

and i don't really think feysal is playing like town anyway so i just want to see his flip
why do you think that it's more likely to be a scum role?
why don't you think he's playing like town?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1974 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1971, kuribo wrote:And I would, if I were Town in his position.So you see how pointless this circle is.
The case you're pushing, as I understand it, is that most townies in Feysal's position would have fully claimed. I disagree. I disagree because I certainly wouldn't have claimed in his position, and I disagree because I think that there are two attitudes when you've been prematurely lynched - there's an "oh fuck" attitude where you try to scribble down everything you possibly can and there's a "fuck you guys I'm out" attitude when you'll occasionally claim to demonstrate how the people who lynched you were idiots, but you won't offer up information otherwise. Feysal was clearly feeling more of the latter.

Can you talk about the point that you were making that I accidentally proved?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1975 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1972, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1961, zMuffinMan wrote:i believe feysal's role claim. i think it's more likely a scum role, though

and i don't really think feysal is playing like town anyway so i just want to see his flip
why do you think that it's more likely to be a scum role?
why don't you think he's playing like town?
And I really really really don't see Feysal being so open about his role if he is honestly claiming.
Like how the fuck is that something that you rand and go "yep, this role looks town, I'm most certainly going to claim it"? And if he felt that way about it then why was he so very clearly uncomfortable claiming?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1979 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

it's been 24 hours.
we're supposed to have 168 hours to decide on a lynch.

it's premature to bury him for not redeeming himself right now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1980 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hahaha i'm gr8 at math

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1983 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1977, kuribo wrote:You're saying that his flip would have made multiball apparent. I'm agreeing with you for the opposite reason: he didn't say anything because he knew he was flipping factional scum anyway.
I'm saying his flip would have given us all the information he had which was not only unimportant, but also unreliable. That's not "town NEEDS to know this or it impacts their chances of a win" level information.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1985 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1982, Dunnstral wrote:Nacho I don't care what you think because you asked me why Kokichi was a bad lynch, I laid out at least 5 reasons, then you disappeared and never talked about it and were on the kokichi mislynch. You don't get to defend Feysal now when that's what people were trying to lynch yesterday - his lynch was decided yesterday. Your vote on kokichi caused a mislynch there instead, so sorry but I'm not sorry, you shouldn't have mislynched Kokichi who wasn't even scummy
I don't understand why you're as frustrated as you are with me right now.
I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday, and I'm sorry that I apathetically contributed to a mislynch. It wasn't intentional, but I've fucked up a hell of a lot worse countless times before so I'm not going to give up on trying to play the game because I did something bad.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1987 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

(...countless times before and it didn't stop me then...)***

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1994 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1988, kuribo wrote:And since he hasn't claimed a role name, how sure are we that even his flip would make it clear?
I mean there's no way for him to know that it would, but see point A where the information sucks and could be wrong and thus really, really isn't very important to share.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1996 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1652, thepixiecollective wrote:we can control a players vote.

there are 2 votes accountable here

where are every1 else's votes

cos this cld be important
i'd imagine it's more likely that pixie moved feysal's vote than Feysal having a vote that he can submit secretly but still shows up publicly

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1998 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1981, kuribo wrote:But he's posted in those 24 hours and his only "redemption" was "Hay Guys I'm gonna die but I'm okay with that and also I'm a reverse miller"
I know you've seen townies crumple like a shitty card table before. My only point is that it'd be really super wonderful if we could give him more than one chance to redeem himself, especially since the horrible awful thing he did yesterday was not post a lot after taking a super long break from mafia.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1999 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1997, AnonymousGhost wrote:I hate the fact that they can do basically do this in secret.
if i'm scum
and i can move peoples votes in secret and make it look like other people quickhammer
i am never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever claiming that shit.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2001 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2000, AnonymousGhost wrote:Apples to orange Nacho. Comparing your scum meta to their scum meta is irrelevant.
my point is that no one would. it's a ridiculously broken scum power that is only ridiculously strong when people don't know about it. so telling people about it is a move that basically never comes from scum. do you see why?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2004 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1990, Feysal wrote:As of now, I have everyone else in the process of elimination pile.
the only read i'm unsure about in that list is Dunnstral and even then I think I'm pretty comfortable slating him in as town.
what do you think about DGB?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2009 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

one of {muffin, cupcake, nosferatu}

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2010 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2005, kuribo wrote:that actually makes it more convincing that she's your partner, knowing that she moved Dunn's vote to save youremember, guys, mollie's reasoning for being mad at the Feysal lynch after pushing the wagon earlier was "Whoops forgot I said that."
except mollie's play looks extremely town
and mollie claiming her ability if scum doesn't make sense

i also would imagine that if mollie and feysal were partners then she'd get anyone but feysal to hammer kokichi
but that's just me

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2012 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2008, AnonymousGhost wrote:I see it, but it still doesn't make me hate their ability any less, considering we
get no fucking warning
when they do it.
you hate their ability because it's so incredibly good for scum, correct? we don't get any warning at all when they do it, and there's no way to trace it back to them. why would they claim it if they were scum?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2014 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2011, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 2009, Nachomamma8 wrote:one of {muffin, cupcake, nosferatu}
Can to explain why you think these people should be targeted with the Day Vig?
i'll explain my reads in full before i leave the computer unless i'm eaten by a pack of wild gorillas or something, but i'd like to finish reading before doing so.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2015 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2013, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 2010, Nachomamma8 wrote:mollie claiming her ability if scum doesn't make sense
And me claiming that you and Staeg are fake claiming - and thereby wanting to lynch either of you yesterday - Masons makes no sense from a scum standpoint, but people still think I'm scum. So, what's your point?

The standard scum tells and scum behavior are just that. Standards. Outliers exist for a reason.
My point is that there's a very clear advantage to mollie not claiming her role, and the advantage doesn't come close to the potential towncred from claiming it.

I also don't understand the counterpoint here - I think that your push on Staeg and I looks blindingly town and that people who believe differently are wrong. You disagree with that?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2019 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2017, zMuffinMan wrote:i think the claim was a last ditch 'why would scum do that?' effort tbh.
In post 161, Feysal wrote:
In post 154, Kokichi Oma wrote:I said this started quickly cause I have no fucking idea what my role is.
I'm intrigued by this. I also find it believable, since I am also confused. I have some wild ideas about the setup, but I think it is too early to speculate.
This is Feysal's third post. This takes away the possibility of claiming a basic role (the type that gets good counterclaims on the table) pretty much immediately, and the "I have some wild ideas about the setup" is consistent with the multiball theory he offers later.
In post 1574, Feysal wrote:Oh, and Staeg... I would not be so quick to defend Fate in this case. For what it is worth, I find Kokichi's claim believable. It would not be the strangest role in this game, not even close.
You have no idea.
This is from Feysal's "I've been lynched" post. If he's scum here, he'd be banking that his fake hammered post would be getting him towncred and would still be pretending and again he crumbs having a super oddball role.

I don't think that this makes sense at all as a preplanned claim from scum, and I don't think it makes sense to think that it wasn't preplanned when he's been crumbing since early in the game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2021 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2018, AnonymousGhost wrote:Nacho

I see your point, but I ultimately disagree.

The counterpoint is basically acting as an example of how standard scum behavior/tells shouldn't be wholly applied to every person. There's a reason why arguments like "too scummy to be scum" exist. Like I told Feysal, experienced scum know these tells; they can, and possibly will fly in the face of them in order to avoid looking like scum, thus rendering these standard scum tells/behavior models useless.
If your counterpoint is "you could be wrong because your thinking is too standard", then OK - every point I make I'm usually pretty aware that I can be horribly wrong, but just because I can be wrong doesn't mean that I am wrong.

If you're saying that I don't know what I'm talking about wrt mollie as an individual or that I'm projecting myself on her or that I'm treating her as a standard scum player when she's a nonstandard one, then you're prejudging me - I'm familiar with her play as both alignments and am not making any of those mistakes.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2025 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2017, zMuffinMan wrote:also should clarify, it's not just the role i think is more likely scum than town, it's the way he used it. put yourself in town-feysal's shoes and tell me why you send an anonymous message with nothing but "multiball" in it (he didn't claim any limitations on the word limit or anything so he coulda gone like "HI, IT'S FEYSAL, I HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE IT'S MULTIBALL ALSO HERE ARE MY READS ETC ETC"). i'd also argue that outright giving information that you have reason to believe it's multiball is a pretty useful thing to have on the table early d1, because that's how i'd play the role if i honestly had it as a town role (but i don't think this is a particularly strong point because i could see others not agreeing with me about this)
Your argument either doesn't make sense or I'm not understanding it properly unless you're saying that this is how you'd play the role if you had it as a scum role? Like yeah the way he played it is weird and a little crazy but there's not a clear scum motivation behind it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2029 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2026, zMuffinMan wrote:no im saying sending the message "multiball" and nothing else has virtually no town motivation
the town motivation is that he was trying to gauge a reaction. he wasn't worried about it being confusing since he figured he was claiming anyways.
that's reasonable enough town motivation for me. not the way that i would have played it, but I understand "trying to get a reaction".

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2031 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2028, zMuffinMan wrote:oh, and claiming that at least an aspect of your role points to multiball is something he should have done d1 if he's town
you continually point to things that he should have done but you haven't at all pointed to things that make him more likely to be scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2033 (isolation #50) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2017, zMuffinMan wrote:as far as his actual play goes, i don't get the feeling he's actually trying to scum hunt here. good example of this would be the way his dunnstral read has played out over the course of the game but his other reads haven't been great either
think that he's made some slick strides in emotional manipulation as scum since i've played with him last. this is him faking rage as scum in a recent game with you:
I'm rather annoyed at Notscience right now. I thought I knew how he plays by now, but seeing him isolate himself in an ivory tower with his cabal and attack someone for daring to question him is something new. It is so overt it is not even suspicious, but it is definitely not pro-town either. What the hell do you think you are doing?
this is him now:
In post 1574, Feysal wrote:So, I was hammered. Just like that. No warning, no claim, nothing. Not that I'm surprised mind you, I could see this coming when Kuribo and DGB suddenly turned on me with their idiotic reasons. I wish I could call them the dumbest I was ever lynched for, but I have crossed paths with so many true morons they might not even make the top ten. Suspected for reading the game after coming back from vacation? And Saturday is how many days after Thursday again? Oh, and I'm sure you've never been uncertain about a read on the first day of a game? I can forgive the other voters for joining the wagon so close to deadline, but those reasons were just awful. At least that saves me from reading the twenty plus pages I missed while I was away. Even if I updated my reads now, you would probably forget them by tomorrow anyway.
Like I know scum caught for the wrong reasons is a thing but he really didn't pull any punches there.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2034 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Like, that hammered post is a thing of beauty. If I made that post I'd be patting myself on the back and messaging Fate about what a stellar fucking scum player I've become.

Do you really think he brings that level of righteous indignation to getting lynched out of nowhere as scum who didn't really have time and kind of went through the motions?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2038 (isolation #52) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

the point on espeonage just required espeonage to be scum with cupcake

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2039 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

please just sheep mollie on muffin

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2042 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

that doesn't make sense.
why wouldn't she save Feysal by making someone else vote for kokichi? why would she claim her ability if scum?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2043 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2041, kuribo wrote:
In post 2038, Nachomamma8 wrote:the point on espeonage just required espeonage to be scum with cupcake

"Partners" in the plural, is what Feysal said.
he did.

however, he wasn't scumhunting for multiple partners. and he didn't know that it was multiball. he just thought that based on his role it could be multiball, so considering an alternative isn't the perspective slip it is.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2047 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2044, AnonymousGhost wrote:Pretty sure you'll explain this later, but I want details as to why Muffin's on the list, especially since Muffin basically had the same reaction I did towards your Mason claims.
your pushes were very different.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2048 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2046, kuribo wrote:Maybe her role doesn't function as she's claimed?

Maybe she knew it would look bizarre in the vote counts and wanted townie points?
How do you think her role functions? She can only move the votes of her scum partners...?

It would look bizarre in the vote counts, but it most certainly doesn't trace back to her.

I can't comment on the third point because I haven't gotten there yet.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2051 (isolation #58) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i know you're biased.
i don't think i'll be able to convince someone who isn't willing to listen to me, but i'll try my best anyways.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2054 (isolation #59) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 475, thepixiecollective wrote:
In post 452, Nachomamma8 wrote:DGB is another "pretty much lock town" read in this game; she doesn't have anywhere the same amount of bite whether scum or town and, while I can find that playing with scumpartners she likes can elevate her play, I don't think that it would be elevated to this level.

I understand where LLD's coming from this game (it's an extremely awkward and uncomfortable place to come from), but DGB's just being DGB at this point and there's no reason for continued interactions here - you're just making yourself angrier and this game will continue to grate and be unfun until you manage to let go/disconnect from that particular piece. I have no problems with her reads so far, like the Kuribo/Maria observation in particular.
I initially didn't understand it, but there was a similar and different dynamic with RC and Kuribo and believe that both Maria and Kuribo have the type of pride in their scumgames that can lead to an interaction like that.
I can't parse the bold at all. cld you unpack this for me?

is your muffina vote a srs vote? I hope it is a srs vote. but I wld like to lynch dunnstral first.
LLD's initial read on Kuribo and Maria were that they were either Town/Town or Scum/Scum. I usually don't like "this interaction is T/T or S/S or T/S" reads because they're baseless and oftentimes they're just a reflection of an agenda ("this argument is T/S" allows you to come down on whatever side is losing/means that you can push the other person after the first one gets lynched). This one in particular I understood because of Gumball, where kuribo and RC's dynamic ended up becoming something pretty weird that I don't think would have existed if one was scum and one was town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2055 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 496, kuribo wrote:God damn

I very rarely ever solidify a read on DGB day 1, simply because it's dangerous. And when I do solidify that read the first day, it's because I've caught her as scum. Divining DGB's alignment is like tasting a fine wine or conjuring a dead Erdrich abomination: its best to take your time

For once though, I feel really really comfortable calling her town now.
I really like the Kuribo/DGB dynamic this game; a worry of mine about DGB especially is that being scum with kuribo/people she likes has the tendency to elevate her play, but the interactions here feel very genuine and a lot deeper than I've seen in the past.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2057 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i got the point you were making from earlier.
i don't think it's very good at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2059 (isolation #62) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

like yes his post is overdramatic for a role that ended up being fairly tame.
i don't find that to be a good indicator for scum because different people think different things are absurd.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2060 (isolation #63) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2058, zMuffinMan wrote:hey nacho,

can you talk about why you think feysal is town without referring to his role?
i don't have a plan to talk about any reads in depth until i'm done reading.
sorry muffin.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2061 (isolation #64) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 546, Espeonage wrote:Nacho is the town side of needs to be sorted properly. I think he believes what he said. I just think he's wrong.
In post 549, AnonymousGhost wrote:Nacho is town but needs to be sorted? That doesn't make sense.
yeah that was a weird as shit read

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2062 (isolation #65) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 574, zMuffinMan wrote:cupcake has posted more times in this D1 than he normally posts across entire games when he's town - i know that's probably in part because he's excited about it being a fate game with this player list but meh. i guess how much he's appealing to certain players doesn't sit well with me either. honestly don't remember the last time he put this much effort into a game he was town
i specifically don't like how he's manipulating kuribo wrt dunnstral.
kuribo has a well known weakness of pushing people who are jackasses but DON'T go balls to the wall with it and cupcake definitely spent a lot of time fanning that fire without actually seeming to scumread dunnstral.

i also don't like camn not popping up at all, didn't like the post she did make. "let's pick a side because DGB~" seemed more like buddying up to DGB than any sort of decision and I don't really think uninformed camn undermines her partner in that way based on her being big into the whole "one voice, one hydra" thing? but that's a lot of extrapolating and not really relevant - mostly i'm just concerned by camn getting drowned out pretty much entirely - she strongly prefers town over scum and cupcake strongly prefers scum over town and the hydra is all cupcake and no camn.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2193 (isolation #66) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mollie, could you explain what's going on with the vote thing? just retrace your steps and outline your process again - think tons of your thoughts look town and transparent and super fucking town but i'm trying not to look like
as
much of an idiot today if i can help it so calming this paranoid thought of mine would be super useful.

kuribo, i'm sorry for not talking in the neighborhood QT. i'll make it up to you in a way that's not game related at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2195 (isolation #67) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2189, Staeg wrote:or, rather, what's the relevance to the point at hand - do you feel like there's some world where one of us is town and the other is scum, or is this a "well staeg surely has a nifty power role if nacho had to claim along with him~~~~~" case?
staeg

ghost is town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2197 (isolation #68) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2105, kuribo wrote:me and DGB talked for four fucking pages on N1, Nacho barely made four posts, fuck that shit, there's no god damn reason for him not to be talking, especially AFTER i revealed to him I was redirecting any NK attempt against me
hey kuribo

i understand your frustration with me - i do
but, when you neighborized DGB, DGB was active as fuck. it was also you neighborizing DGB, who you have a close personal relationship with.
that PT should be very active.

now, when you neighborized me, i probably had less posts than the moderator aaaand most of those posts were probably just flat spam? so the expectation that you neighborizing me is gonna make that lurking disappear is a bit unrealistic - my lurking is not related to my alignment, just my life. (granted - the reason i didn't followthrough with posting last night was because i wanted to play fallout while hungover instead of reading and trying to be smart but we don't *exactly* have to talk about that.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2203 (isolation #69) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2200, Fate wrote:I never 100% believed in deep down in my soul but it was a fun role to play
I'm sitting here legitimately contemplating shelling out cash and paying for a mermaid costume for a dayvig and here YOU are saving face?

fuck you man

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2416 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2391, Dunnstral wrote:Camntsuki just got caught out, lynch them
this was a ridiculous argument.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2417 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: zMuffinMan

In post 2330, kuribo wrote:I really RUHEEEEEALLY don't like that Maria and DGB died before claimed masons
you didn't expect that we'd die last night. don't think it makes sense for any scum to shoot either of us at this point while there's MULTIBALL FEAR (even though claiming masons in multiball and setting it up from our my early early posts is even more absurd than the paranoid floating around us now) unless they have some deep-seated irrational fear of one of us waking up and wrecking their faces.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2440 (isolation #72) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2418, kuribo wrote:I mean you could always help them foster that fear instead of playing timidly
step 1: play the game
step 2: make an impact on the game
step 3: make a
positive
impact on the game
step 4: strike fear into the hearts of all who would oppose me

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2441 (isolation #73) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2422, thepixiecollective wrote:@nacho why are you not doing stuff? I think this is the third time I have asked you.
the full answer's pretty lengthy and equally unnecessary
the short answer is something along the lines of "i got overwhelmed, fell behind, kept trying to bite off big beautiful chunks to get back to form when I just needed to take it one baby step at a time".

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2442 (isolation #74) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2424, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 2047, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2044, AnonymousGhost wrote:Pretty sure you'll explain this later, but I want details as to why Muffin's on the list, especially since Muffin basically had the same reaction I did towards your Mason claims.
your pushes were very different.
Talk to me about this thing.

^ @Nacho - Plz.

#Fate
sure.
In post 1170, AnonymousGhost wrote:Digging deeper into research shows that a Hades Moon is basically a Scorpio Moon (Pluto) and an Aphrodite Moon is associated with Taurus (Venus). This probably means nothing and I probably wasted my time looking it up. :/
In post 1168, AnonymousGhost wrote:@Muffin - Can we talk about the Masons' Moon claims (Hades & Aphrodite) for a bit?

Just comparing the Sun/Moon aspect to my own role PM and Kuribo's claim (Gemini/Capricorn), I'm kinda wondering if the Greek God claims are legit.

ATM Kuribo is solidified as lock town due to that Sun/Moon aspect of his claim and how it's strictly from Western Astrology.
You initially suspecting us seemed immensely genuine to me; you have a habit of tossing yourself wholeheartedly into your suspicions (which is why you were a strong townread for me early), and I think this is a great example of that. If you were scum, then you'd know that we were town and so it'd be pretty difficult for me to envision you going ahead and doing the research into different types of mythology since you'd know that it would most likely be a dead end and could possibly be something that pointed to us being town. But, you're town, you think that you've stumbled onto something, you push forward.
In post 1218, AnonymousGhost wrote:I think these Mason claims are BS by virtue of knowing Kuribo's flavor claim combo of his Sun and Moon sign, Muffin's claim that his role has nothing to do with Greek Gods, and the fact that when I compare the Moon flavor aspect of both Masons to Kuribo and my Moon flavor and how the latter two are both from Western Astrology. Kuribo's solidly town at this point, so I'm trusting his Moon flavor claim more than Muffin's ATM.

TL;DR
- I'm beyond skeptical. I still want my Staeg lynch to literally
just
confirm that this isn't some fake claim BS made by desperate scum to not eat the D1 lynch. If you can't tell by this point, these are the two players that I
never
want to see reach LyLo,
especially not together.

Is this stupid and anti-town?
Oh yes it is
~ >:3

Am I going to get a Staeg lynch today? Probably not. :l

My logic is if the following things
are all true
: Kuribo's sheer power, if he's town, these Mason claims, and if Staeg eats the D1 lynch (thus flipping town), scum have two choices between killing Kuribo - who, as far as they know, could become their worst nightmare - OR kill the now confirmed Mason that the town could rally and build a town block around.

Both of these things could spell trouble for scum in the long term for reasons that should be self-explanatory. Scum ultimately have to make a hard choice and place their bets that there aren't any protective roles in the game that stand a good chance of targeting between Kuribo and the remaining Mason.
This is a pretty strong speech to get us killed - if scum, you're putting yourself out there and pushing something that is mechanically wrong for a lynch that you probably aren't getting. I can see you doing this pretty easily as town; you suspected Staeg before, flavor doesn't match up the way you expected to - that claim is a fakeclaim. I struggle to see you doing it as scum when you don't have the bloodlust/passion for scumhunting urging you to push an irrational line.
In post 1432, AnonymousGhost wrote:Desperate scum.

The flavor of their Moon signs doesn't match to the town sample role PM, Kuribo's claim, and my own role PM - all of which have the Sun and Moon Signs as Western Astrology, not Greek/Roman Gods. The fact that their claims involve Gods pings me as a fake claim.
And again, to emphasize my point, basically no one agreed with this or thought that it was solid point. Everyone said "Ghost, you're currently half-cocked. I suspect them kind of I guess? But that's not why."

You said fuck you to all of them. You pushed in what you believed in and you kept bringing it up because you very strongly believed in it. I can't find an agenda that makes sense for your posting, and the town reasons for doing so is almost terrifyingly obvious.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2443 (isolation #75) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

so now let's look at muffin's push:
In post 1165, zMuffinMan wrote:thought about it. i dont really believe the mason claim tbh

probably not a great idea to lynch them D1 though. just im not going to be at all surprised if theyre still around at lylo
In post 1166, zMuffinMan wrote:i still don't believe staeg is town and im pretty sure nacho knew he was taking the fall after a staeg lynch so yeah
In post 1261, zMuffinMan wrote:not going to argue this point, but @anyone saying they wouldn't claim masons as scum,

staeg was getting lynched if not for that claim and nacho was following right after him (i don't care that people had a murder boner for dunnstral-staeg, nacho was pretty clearly tied to staeg, so even if somehow nacho lived past D2, he wasn't making it past D3). that claim just bought them time to get mislynches (possibly a few because people still might not lynch them when they're both magically alive D3). it's not bad play or 'suboptimal' to throw a hail mary when you're probably fucked anyway

don't blindly write them off as town for that claim
In post 1488, zMuffinMan wrote:thinking i may be wrong about staeg(+nacho) but i don't really care about sorting that further atm

btw, there are 14 players in this game so it should be 8 to lynch, despite what fate's votecounts say
one reason (that's very near and dear to my heart) that I don't mind your push but I fucking hate muffin's is because muffin's is mind-numbingly terrible.
muffin's argument is that staeg and I were very very obviously connected and so connecting myself to staeg 100% was not a significant risk. this is wrong and bad and makes me feel like i need to take a shower for a couple reasons. as scum, I very often (and would do so always in a format where I don't expect people to know my meta) bus the shit out of partners that I believe are weak. I do so because I find it incredibly entertaining and because I find that the confusion + towncred after a good bus usually more than pays off its weight in gold. muffin's aware of this because we've played scum together like 3 times. it makes zero sense for me to go "oh cool, i'm scum with a couple people who can read me pretty well. i think i'll claim masons with my scum partner who gets lynched pretty much constantly!!". the second reason is that the crux of the argument is that i was so fucked because of Staeg interactions that it makes sense for me to throw a hail mary. except... there was no reason for me to literally do nothing but defend him if we were scum partners. and... he says that I'd get lynched pretty much immediately after, but really the only person strongly pushing Staeg-Nacho connection was... Muffin.

as far as how the pushes are different, muffin made his case for why we could be scum, then moved on. in particular, he engaged mollie directly about it, made his case, and moved on. he didn't stick his neck out particularly far when making the argument, and he didn't hit the "yeah this is p much anti-town" point that you did when arguing in general. as scum, his motivation is clear - setting us up for mislynch later and planting the seeds of paranoia then. as town it still makes sense but it's not really a "man he's putting himself out there to such a degree where he
has
to be town" type of thing like it was with you.

does that make sense?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2451 (isolation #76) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2448, kuribo wrote:So you're stuck somewhere between 1 and 2?
if that's a polite way of saying "so you're still trying to figure out how to play the game?", then yes. yes i am.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2528 (isolation #77) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2484, zMuffinMan wrote:I THINK THE LINK BETWEEN YOU TWO WAS FAIRLY OBVIOUS AND THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE WOULDN'T HAVE POINTED IT OUT IS IF THEY DIDN'T CARE,
Your point, as I understand it, is that the Staeg+me connection was so obvious and put me in such a bad position where claiming masons wasn't unreasonable.

My counterpoint was that there wasn't actually a compelling reason to tie myself like that to a sinking ship. I don't have a scum meta that's afraid of bussing or playing a game as the last scum left, which means the "he's just so afraid of losing his partner that he felt compelled to defend him early" argument doesn't really hold up. There also weren't people (except for you) going "man Nacho's defense of Staeg means that they're lock partners". I've been terribly and horribly wrong before, there's no reason I couldn't play it off or coast by on some of the "too blatant to be scum suspicions".

These points are strengthened if this is actually multiball, where claiming masons goes from really dumb to unbelievably dumb. In multiball, claiming masons means that we could not only lose from one of us getting lynched or investigated,the but could also lose from a stray bullet or scum investigation ability on top of that.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2529 (isolation #78) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2484, zMuffinMan wrote:AND NO, I DON'T FOR A SECOND BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULDN'T BE ALL BUDDY-BUDDY WITH STAEG, ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS A MULTISCUM GAME WHICH SEEMS MORE LIKELY THAN LOL-LIMITED-STRONGMAN-WHO-DECIDED-TO-GO-ALL-OUT-ON-MARIAR-N1

PS: I'D LIKE TO HEAR YOUR THEORIES ABOUT WHY THIS SUPPOSED LIMITED STRONGMAN WENT ALL OUT ON MARIAR N1 AND HOW THAT RELATES TO ME. TIA
I don't know why you say limited strogman.
I don't know why you think that two separate scumteams deciding that Maria is the #1 threat is more ridiculous than one scumteam strongmanning her.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2530 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2452, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 2447, kuribo wrote:masons are self resolving--- in a way that's more obvious on day 3 than on day 1.
@Nacho - You're good at explaining stuff. Please explain this statement to my brain.
Self-resolving means that there's a way to confirm them as town or scum without lynching them or using an investigation on them; for masons, if one of me or Staeg is nightkilled, the other is confirmed town. If we flipped another scum in a game with only three scum, we'd be confirmed town (we can't both be scum, so we both must be town).

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2546 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@mollie:
In post 2440, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2418, kuribo wrote:I mean you could always help them foster that fear instead of playing timidly
step 1: play the game
step 2: make an impact on the game
step 3: make a
positive
impact on the game
step 4: strike fear into the hearts of all who would oppose me
In post 2441, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2422, thepixiecollective wrote:@nacho why are you not doing stuff? I think this is the third time I have asked you.
the full answer's pretty lengthy and equally unnecessary
the short answer is something along the lines of "i got overwhelmed, fell behind, kept trying to bite off big beautiful chunks to get back to form when I just needed to take it one baby step at a time".
Reaching out to people and working with my townreads falls under the umbrella of "making a positive impact on the game" for me, although I have tried to reach out to Ghost and Dunn and LLD at points throughout this game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2547 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm also planning on hammering Nos fairly soon and don't really care if he claims or not. Does anyone have anything they need to resolve before I do so?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2573 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Nosferatu

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2574 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2571, Dunnstral wrote:I don't think Nosferatu is mafia
His emotion is coming because he doesn't think kuribo/camn will change his mind on the slot, which isn't alignment indicative unless he thinks they can read him super crazy well. If he didn't actually want to play, he could lurk and get modkilled, but instead he's making us burn a lynch on him for whatever reason.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2814 (isolation #84) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Dunnstral

We have 7 alive right now. There are probably three scum still alive. If we no lynch, we're looking at ending in 4 people alive and if we lynch, we're looking at three. Unless there's information that 100% confirms Dunn as town, there's no reason to do anything but lynch him; there's no realistic situation where we get endgamed because we didn't have one more townie alive and another chance at hitting scum is pretty much always a good thing here.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2819 (isolation #85) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

OHHHHH

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2822 (isolation #86) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I mean if there's an okay chance if Dunn is scum then he has to be lynched basically 100% of the time.

Dunn saying that I'm mechanically wrong and not providing reasons for why I'm wrong is pretty dumb.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”