kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by kuribo »

@TDK

Listen, I feel you. I feel you on the emotional overload in this game, all of it. Of all people, I know how it gets when you lose your murder boner because you just can't stop pissing on everything. And while I'd say there are others on this site I'm closer to on a personal level (DGB and mollie for example) you remain the one I've known the longest. Twelve years, longer than either of us have ever even heard of MafiaScum. Long before the lynchings, and the fake claims, and the scumbuddies, there was Second Wave, the Happy FYAD Empire, kuribo's March, and Re: your imminent destruction posts. We've fought side by side beyond galaxies, on town wagons, in scumteams, and when the time was necessary, we've mercilessly destroyed one another. Because that's always been us, right? Brothers united in fury to push victory by any means necessary. I do believe you're Town this game. It's that gut feeling, and no, I won't tell you specifics, and you know why I won't. But I do believe it. HOWEVER, and this, Kats, is the important part. I was gonna wait to discuss this with DGB, but it might not matter by tonight, so I'm gonna ask you directly instead. One- since when do you buddy me day one? And more importantly, two- since when do you not call someone out---especially me--- for role PM shenanigans? Not once did you even call me cheeky and I found that SO weird.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

sorry to interrupt your moment, kuribo, but who do you think is scum apart from dunnstral? (feel free to answer that after youre done, i dont mind)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Post by kuribo »

@Fate

Man, I'm gonna owe you about a dozen apologies by the time this shits over. Aside from the one I already gave you. I've tried to be the enlightened one, the Tranquilo Serene, the Zen Kuribo that I've spent over eighteen months now cultivating in my real life outside of the forum. Do you remember the scum QT for Catch-22? Or as I've come to call it, "Thr scumQT of misery and self loathing?" Do you remember how I was, six years ago (god so long), in that QT, lamenting my failing marriage in real time, logging into the game suicidally wishing for death? I was the last one standing on that scumteam, and I had no one in my life to talk to about my problems, and so I dumped them into that QT. What you don't know, what no one knows, is that sometimes I go back to that ScumQT. It's still there. Every post, every miserable description of what my life was at the time. I like to revisit it, and do you know why? Because when I remind myself of the lowest time in my life, I realize how fucking amazing my life is now. Seriously, my life is awesome. I went to Wrestlemania and met Stone Cold Steve Austin a couple months ago for God's sake. And lord help me, I've tried with this game. I've tried to reflect that I'm in a better place in life, and dare I say a better person than I used to be. But old habits, Fate, they die hard. But I'm trying. I'm trying to be the man I know I am. I do owe you an apology as well, for my behavior toward certain players. There is a reason, I suppose, that we forsake the old ways. Most importantly, though, is that I just don't want to be that toxic forum presence. And I don't want to alienate friends, or strangers who could become friends. Life's too short for all that, and we never know what Fate has in store.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1301, zMuffinMan wrote:sorry to interrupt your moment, kuribo, but who do you think is scum apart from dunnstral? (feel free to answer that after youre done, i dont mind)
Wanna hear something sad?

I've been so busy arguing with Dunn's and Maria that I've barely read a single word the rest of you have posted. Sorry. I was gonna conclude with an @everyone else to reveal that statement, but this is as good a time as any.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Post by kuribo »

I will, presumably, find time sooner or later the next day or two to review the parts of the thread that aren't about me. Anyone who knows my history knows that I work double shifts a lot of weekends, and this weekend is no exception. The main difference is we have a zero tolerance / immediate termination cell phone policy at the facility now, thanks to a teenage employer violating HIPAA last year. So, gone are the days of me shouting in triumph over a scum lynch from inside a linen closet at work.

I'm happy with where my vote is, and with any luck I'll get NK'd (although that's extraordinarily less likely now because of the masons) and not have to read anything else anyway.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ok. fwiw, i think you're probably wrong about cupcake and as much as i joke about lynching him in every game i play with him, i never actually try to get him lynched (much less D1) unless i feel a decent amount of confidence about him being scum and i do here

not really sure why you think he's town and since you're not going to explain it, do you have a pool of players you'd be willing to lynch outside of dunnstral?

i don't really think dunnstral is scum atm and none of the arguments i've seen leveled against him have made me feel like "yeah, that's a good point"
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:02 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1295, kuribo wrote:@Dunn and @Maria

You know what, we've all gotten off on the wrong foot in this game, tempers have flared, and I've reverted back to old habits I've tried so god damn hard to break. I've spoken to both of you in ways I shouldn't, I've taken things more personally than I probably should have at times (as is my nature: ask mollie about the first game I played with Majiffy, who's now a friend of mine) I've probably done harm to the gamestate and made it rather undun for many people involved. For that, I do apologize, both to you two primarily, and to the other players at large. Yes, Dunn, I do still believe you to be scum, for the reasons I've laid out, and I'm sorry but that's just Mafia. The other stuff, the personal stuff, that was wildly uncalled for, and for my part in it, I am honestly regretful.
It's no problem friend it happens tempers flare I agree no harm done. I'm sorry myself I most likely could've handled the situation better myself. Now in a mafia standpoint Dunn is one of my biggest trs and I'll re read later when I get back from work on why people think he's scum but I don't think we're lynching him today he is also one of my townreads.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 am

Post by kuribo »

I do have questions about Kats that have given me pause, as I said above. I also haven't felt the need to vocalize them until now because it's easier than arguing to call him a town read and not drag through all that.

The reasons I read him as Town are my own, and if I reveal those, then he's a self aware enough player to use it against me in the future. Assuming I ever actually play again. He has dropped at least one fairly hard town tell in my mind--- but I also am slightly concerned about the two questions I asked him. Keep in mind, I was perfectly fine to sit on them until I get my PT with DGB so I could approach her privately about it, but with Kats possibly getting lynched, I didn't see any more point in holding it back.

I'm obviously vehemently against lynching either mason. Claiming mason as scum on day 1 would be one thing, a desperation move. Confirming your own scum partner would be a whole other thing entirely. I do believe Nacho has it in him to be cheeky. I do not believe Nacho is stupid. Confirming your own scum buddy day one is the latter.

I keep getting the nagging feeling that some of the scum team are going to be the under the radar types. And why not, with big personalities tearing one another to pieces? Kochina seems like the obvious choice, but they've been VLA so that's not a tell, now is it? I don't like AnonGhost's shade on the mason claim, but is that scummy? Or just bad town play. Both. But does it come from scum? I'm not too sure, it's easiest for scum to just sit back and "mmmhm yup masons, onto the next wagon" and collect claims.

Espe. I'd lynch Espe in a heartbeat. Sorry, but I would. Part of it was the reaction to my first post about partying with me. You wanted in on that, didn't you Espe, or at least wanted to know why you weren't in. Oh, don't get me wrong, I haven't read much of anything from Espe--- similar to most of the players--- but that nagging feeling in my head says scum lies there. He's disengaged, he's made excuses for why he isn't scumhunting, and he's tried a couple of times to buddy up to people, myself included. I'd rope Espe right now.

Feysal, id rather wait till the end of Friday since they had asked for VLA till Thursday. I wouldn't mourn a death in that slot though. If anything I'd say I'm almost 100% sure there's scum between he and Espe, with a non-zero chance they're buddies.

Muffin, I wouldn't lynch you today, but I don't have you as a heavy town read either. I could see you being the workhorse of a scum team. I'm not out for your blood yet, though, so if you're scum you've got plenty of time to NK me.

I don't know Maria well enough to trust my read on her, and I'll defer myself on that for the time being. She could flip town, scum, or anything in between and I wouldn't be surprised. Not because of her posts, just because I have no point of reference.

I also believe there is a possibility of scum among my Fateful Four (DGB, mollie, Kats, LLD) because of the sheer numbers (mathematically, there's a 33% chance at least one of them is scum) ratio and my own aversion to town blocs. I will not speculate at this time on this,
because nothing fruitful can come of it today.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

re:casper

pretty sure i've been more vocal than casper on the masons potentially being scum (only difference being i acknowledge that it's not a great idea to lynch them D1) so i don't really have an issue with the speculation she's been doing (but then i'm biased here because i don't think she's on the wrong track)

as a side note, i don't think nacho is stupid, but i don't think it was as stupid a move as you're suggesting it is. he's the type of player who i think would be willing to take risks and gambit when the alternative is having a buddy go down d1 and him being next on the chopping block. and he was going to be next, or at least one of the top candidates for a D2 lynch, if staeg flipped scum. and i do think staeg has been playing like scum. so yeah...

also re:casper, i've felt the same about a lot of the angles she's been thinking about things this game. e.g. her thoughts on mollie + me being scum together looked far more like paranoid town thinking they're onto something than scum trying to push mislynches. and she's been consistently looking at things in a way that just doesn't make much sense to me from a scum pov imo
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 163, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Maria and Kuribo's bigus dickus contest over who knows me more ending in a draw makes me feel they're both town. Or both scum? I don't see that interaction coming from TvS and them both being scum doesn't fit what I'm feeling in gut soooooooooooooooo call them both town.
Does this seem weird to anybody?
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:25 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 1231, thepixiecollective wrote:can I have a list from you of your reads on all of the players in the game? ty
Town

[Kuribo]

[Muffin, Maria, Dunn, DGB, Pixie]

[Camn, LLD, Kokichi] - Null

[Feysal, Esp, the "Masons" Staega and Nacho]

Scum
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I find LLD's scum read of me to be something that'd come from town, especially since she's consistently held onto it throughout this entire game so far. Going against the curve/majority isn't a behavior I usually associate with scum because it's a lot easier for them to blend into the background.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:33 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Feysal, on the other hand, is someone I'm sus of because he's following an established pattern that has been set by a majority e.g. has me as a town read (Dunn and Maria are the only two peeps that I know, off the top of my head, had a town read on me). The other two parts of (sus of Dunn and agreed with consensus on Staeg's bad turnaround on Dunn) haven't been fact checked yet, but I think that both things fall into that same pattern.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:35 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

VOTE: Feysal

feysal (4): LLD, Maria, Pixie, Ghost

7 to Lynch. July 15 = D1 Deadline
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 1309, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 163, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Maria and Kuribo's bigus dickus contest over who knows me more ending in a draw makes me feel they're both town. Or both scum? I don't see that interaction coming from TvS and them both being scum doesn't fit what I'm feeling in gut soooooooooooooooo call them both town.
Does this seem weird to anybody?
@Dun

DGB pointed this out in this post.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1275, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1262, camntsuki wrote:unusual resistance to a wagon
I disagree with that.
BTW

If you want to look for a resistance to even a first vote

Look no further than LLD

But nooooooooooooooooooooooo we can't talk about that.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:03 am

In post 1307, kuribo wrote:some of the scum team are going to be the under the radar types
Yep. I'm starting to get that feeling too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:05 am

In post 1310, AnonymousGhost wrote:[Feysal, Esp, the
"Masons"
Staega and Nacho]
That's so cheeky.

thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 am

Post by thepixiecollective »

In post 1291, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 1264, thepixiecollective wrote: they are self resolving unless they have a janitor or something but there still ways for town to outplay that.

this is unreal
I'd rather resolve them now versus taking either to LyLo and indadvertantly turning it into a debate over WIFOM Role Play instead of a combo of day night and night play. I think they're the perfect lynch right now because we can confirm this early in the game and the scum NK stands a chance of being focused on the two claimed roles, so it's basically no huge loss if we sacrifice a mason just to get that confirmation.
so your solution is to lynch 1 of them? are you freaking kidding me?

^^^ this is why this thing shld not be endgamed whatsoever. they gonna make us lose and I think that their push on the mason claim is scummy af. its beyond silly and I don't think casper is as dumb as they are trying to make themselves out to be.
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:18 am

In post 1292, kuribo wrote:...

Ok you're out of my town pile now
mindmeld
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 1318, thepixiecollective wrote:so your solution is to lynch 1 of them? are you freaking kidding me?
Nope.
In post 1318, thepixiecollective wrote:^^^ this is why this thing shld not be endgamed whatsoever. they gonna make us lose and I think that their push on the mason claim is scummy af.
Then I guess it's a good thing that I don't care if I reach end game. :3p
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:25 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If both of the Masons reach LyLo and I don't, I'd be okay with that. This way I don't need to wade through all the paranoia of masons be fake claiming scum or not conversation that would probably happen in this scenario.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Cause it wouldn't be my problem anymore~ :3
Talk Fast, Think Faster

thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 am

In post 1295, kuribo wrote:@Dunn and @Maria

You know what, we've all gotten off on the wrong foot in this game, tempers have flared, and I've reverted back to old habits I've tried so god damn hard to break. I've spoken to both of you in ways I shouldn't, I've taken things more personally than I probably should have at times (as is my nature: ask mollie about the first game I played with Majiffy, who's now a friend of mine) I've probably done harm to the gamestate and made it rather undun for many people involved. For that, I do apologize, both to you two primarily, and to the other players at large. Yes, Dunn, I do still believe you to be scum, for the reasons I've laid out, and I'm sorry but that's just Mafia. The other stuff, the personal stuff, that was wildly uncalled for, and for my part in it, I am honestly regretful.
ilu kuribo <3
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:28 am

In post 1321, AnonymousGhost wrote:If both of the Masons reach LyLo and I don't, I'd be okay with that. This way I don't need to wade through all the paranoia of masons be fake claiming scum or not conversation that would probably happen in this scenario.
Strategically the best way to accomplish this is to STFU and sing masons' praises as un-lynchable instead of doing what you're doing.

I'm making a 180 on you right now.

#RopeThisThing

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”