OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:51 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Why is sando on your scum pool tho
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 281, BuJaber wrote:@ausuka - weird post to choose to point out and TR for vulcan. You don't think he'd make such a post as scum?
i think it reads as genuine.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:06 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 286, brassherald wrote:People tend to talk when they are mentioned, it has to do with ego or something, I just want to make it more noticeable.
Well sure but if that's true why aren't you just mentioning people in thread instead of dedicating your vote to "pressuring?" and why do you feel current posting rates from people are unacceptable?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 323, BuJaber wrote:Vulcan and ausuka aren't contributing much,
they don't seem to want to make waves so to speak.
They could be scum.
why do you feel this way?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:06 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 325, ceejayvinoya wrote:Why is sando on your scum pool tho
If brass is town he's scum. I felt that he agreed with his meta analysis so that he wouldn't analyze him further.
If brass is scum I think Sando is town though. Kind of too obvious buddying there.
And sando picked a low number (4).
I think scum don't want to lose their shot at getting a PR and they would have tried (at least one of them would have) to pick one of the low numbers.

@ausuka - just feels like you aren't being controversial and both your votes were on rising wagons.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:22 am

Post by ruru »

In post 318, brassherald wrote:Invisibility is scum.
Do you usually express this much certainty as town?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:45 am

Post by ruru »

Hmm

{ofrhz, skitter, ceejay}
{BuJaber, Ausuka, Skygazer}
{Sando, AP, vulcan}
{Oka, Invis}
{Enigma, brassherald}

noting for posterity that skygazer and AP are the slots I'm most likely to have positive bias on
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:56 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 1.9

Sando (0)
~
skitter30 (0)
~
AP (0)
~
brassherald (1)
~ BuJaber,
BuJaber (1)
~ Enigma,
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (1)
~ Sando,
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ruru (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~
Invisibility (2)
~ brassherald, OkaPoka,
OkaPoka (2)
~ AP, Invisibility,
Enigma (6)
~ Ausuka, Skygazer, ruru, ofrhz, skitter30, ceejayvinoya,

NOT VOTING:
vulcan logician,

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-07-25 18:30:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 am

Post by AP »

In post 320, ceejayvinoya wrote:Idk what to do with invis. I'll just call him null. Oh well. Back here I guess

VOTE: Enigma

Pedit naa naa naaa i dont hear youuu
OK. This looks like a bad vote to me, but I want to gave an explanation before I make a push. Please explain in you own words what was going through your mind when you posted this.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 am

Post by AP »

@ruru: Why is brass scum? I kinda have a slight TR on him. Help?
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:46 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 329, BuJaber wrote:
In post 325, ceejayvinoya wrote:Why is sando on your scum pool tho
If brass is town he's scum. I felt that he agreed with his meta analysis so that he wouldn't analyze him further.
If brass is scum I think Sando is town though. Kind of too obvious buddying there.
And sando picked a low number (4).
I think scum don't want to lose their shot at getting a PR and they would have tried (at least one of them would have) to pick one of the low numbers.

@ausuka - just feels like you aren't being controversial and both your votes were on rising wagons.
wait what?

everyone doesn't want to lose their shot at getting a PR, pregame is a game of wifom, sure one of them would have picked a low number is a reasonable assumption but if you selected three random players chances are at least one picked a lowish number. I don't see how this is insightful
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:29 am

Post by ruru »

In post 334, AP wrote:@ruru: Why is brass scum? I kinda have a slight TR on him. Help?
I feel like he had some good posts early but he's been like acting busy recently and I actually don't value the early posts as much because scum are more likely to try hardest to look town on first impression

I think the Ausuka vote was bad (like regardless of her alignment even), "pressure vote" on invis which turned into a certain scumread after invis's towniest posts is really questionable (like did he even read any of invis's town meta?)

Something like that
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 am

Post by ruru »

Oh yeah and I'm also skeptical of people already trying to counterwagon enigma when I'm like still questioning him and he's close to getting prodded
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 218, ruru wrote:
In post 213, Enigma wrote:1. Do you think 2 of 3 scum are on my 5 person wagon. I think less likely but not impossible.
Right but the whole reason I'm questioning you about this is that you could say that based purely on probability

"2 players are unlikely to be scum in a random sample of 3" is a much different statement than "if one flips scum, the others are less likely than (2/whatever) to be scum"

The latter involves some sort of correlation or associative read

I'm asking if knowing one of our alignments would affect your read on the others
3. Check my previous posts if it wasn't subtle enough before I wrote it out
Okay I just reread your iso

The first couple times I read I don't think I understood it

I read sky's post as saying that
she's
blatantly sheeping her townreads onto you

I'm now reading your post as you thinking sky was accusing you of sheeping onto a wagon (bujaber), and you thinking it was hypocritical of her?
4. Because it can suggest not being in the non-informed majority ...
Do you think town specifically wouldn't townread my entrance?

Do you think town specifically wouldn't vote a scumread without asking a question?
What are your thoughts on PL on a PGO claim before LYLO?
I'm too obvtown to pl
Its not probability. I don't think scum would so blatantly all jump at the same time onto my wagon. So if one flipped red, I would be less suspicious of the others.

Tbh there are still those who are still grasping at straws over my first (semi-)RVS vote. I don't know any plauers in this game. I had thought of voting bujaber to start of with anyways even before the game started for picking the same number as me ... w/e the explanation of probability theory (which i still stand by) came off badly and it was barely a "wagon" in a sense it was RVS. If I wanted to slip under the wagon (as scum would) I would just do a single "random" vote post and disappear.

I don't know town ruru, I don't know scum ruru. I read the scum PT posted and your entrance play seemed so weird. It was just that I though (and still do) that your play was non-town optimal. But whatever, it's distracting and I already mentioned previously that I was going to ignore the whole PGO debacle until later in the game.

I would like to think a town player would want to confirm for themselves a scum read suspicion before voting? Unless they are that cocky about their play/reads ...
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 337, ruru wrote:Oh yeah and I'm also skeptical of people already trying to counterwagon enigma when I'm like still questioning him and he's close to getting prodded
Soz real life, it was one day ... and if I were to flip (town) what would you say about the counter wagon then?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 277, AP wrote:
In post 113, OkaPoka wrote:I don't think Engima was scumreading BuJaber
Explain in light of Oka's statement. Also, why don't we ask Enigma himself rather than declare reads on his behalf?
In post 113, OkaPoka wrote:sounds like he was doing some weird probability calculations/rvs vote. I don't think that is inherently scummy at this phase of the game, it was like a semi-rvs vote. It's not like BuJaber is going to be lynched this quick in the game.
So he does SR BuJaber. Or are his probability calculations indicative of intent to propose for marriage? And how can a vote based on the
probability of being scum
be considered a RANDOM vote?
Oh come on. You just mentioned why do we ask me, then you go on to make a conclusion of my scum read....

It was a semi-RVS vote for picking the same number as me, I would have done it regardless of what had happened before I posted. The probability stuff is true. Go read game theory and cooperative/non-cooperative game play.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 307, Skygazer wrote:his statistics based scumhunting makes v little sense tho and resulted in an opportunistic vote on a wagon and even tho he's making an effort to look like he's scumhunting since then he hasn't taken his vote off the wagon
There was no wagon and it was page 1. It makes very little sense cause you don't understand and then stubbornly sit there beating the same (first) post over and over again. Here, go enlighten yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

Don't need to take my vote off, it's not doing anything bad where it is right now, don't like the Oka wagon, and spending more effort defending myself than scumhunting.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 339, Enigma wrote:
In post 337, ruru wrote:Oh yeah and I'm also skeptical of people already trying to counterwagon enigma when I'm like still questioning him and he's close to getting prodded
Soz real life, it was one day ... and if I were to flip (town) what would you say about the counter wagon then?
Also, its 14 game days. I disappear for one night (which I will do whenever I want to), IMO it's perfectly fine and even beneficial for people to keep playing the game and not just tunnelling and waiting for my availability.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Skygazer »

341: Yes, it was a wagon, and your vote was the fourth one in it

I don't see how someone stating that two people with the same number can't be in the same scum team (which is false btw) automagically means someone with the same number as you is likely to be scum. That's not game theory, it's a bad leap of logic and you're not even backing it up with actual odds/statistics. And now you're calling me stubborn and telling me to enlighten myself by linking to a broad wikipedia post on game theory? Like what are you even trying to accomplish? Do you think I'm going to read that and somehow throw all logic out the window?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Skygazer »

That's needlessly condescending
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:22 am

Post by ruru »

I feel like the "semi-RVS" vote is kind of a scumtell

and like simultaneously defending it as rational but also writing it off as not scum-indicative because it was RVS
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 343, Skygazer wrote:341: Yes, it was a wagon, and your vote was the fourth one in it

I don't see how someone stating that two people with the same number can't be in the same scum team (which is false btw) automagically means someone with the same number as you is likely to be scum. That's not game theory, it's a bad leap of logic and you're not even backing it up with actual odds/statistics. And now you're calling me stubborn and telling me to enlighten myself by linking to a broad wikipedia post on game theory? Like what are you even trying to accomplish? Do you think I'm going to read that and somehow throw all logic out the window?
Wagons in RVS mean nothing.
Well, maybe if you did maybe try to look a bit into it, you might understand where I'm coming from and my logic, rather than stubbornly dismissing everything I say and repeating the same arguments we've already touched on. Yes stubborn.

Let's not waste our time further.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 345, ruru wrote:I feel like the "semi-RVS" vote is kind of a scumtell

and like simultaneously defending it as rational but also writing it off as not scum-indicative because it was RVS
As you wish, not sure any further explanation will convince a few people on the wagon otherwise.

There is rationality behind it as I explained, and it's not a scum indicative. It's the first post, and I'm also not sure what scum would achieve by jumping on the wagon .... were we going to quick lynch??
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:35 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 333, AP wrote:
In post 320, ceejayvinoya wrote:Idk what to do with invis. I'll just call him null. Oh well. Back here I guess

VOTE: Enigma

Pedit naa naa naaa i dont hear youuu
OK. This looks like a bad vote to me, but I want to gave an explanation before I make a push. Please explain in you own words what was going through your mind when you posted this.
Simple. I tried to put pressure on invis with a vote and see what happens. Nothing much happened so I went back to Enigma.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 am

Post by the worst »

quack?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march