Mafiascum Moderator Society

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MS Moderator Society
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
Watcher

Mafiascum Moderator Society

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:44 am

Post by MS Moderator Society »

In post 0, Inferno390 wrote:OK, so here’s what I’m noticing:
There are not a lot of game mods on he site. Sure we do have a good amount. Just not a lot (if you know what I mean). And some of them specialize to certain queues.
Now, I think that there are plenty of people on the site we find interest in running a mafia game. I know I would. However I think there is a problem with the amount of time required for running a mafia game means either that people are off put by that commitment or they simply don’t have enough time for that much of a commitment.

I think that the solution would be to lessen the burden on newer mods so that they would be more comfortable running games.
But how to do this?
How about this:
Start a forum for game moderators. Sort the interested mods into veteran and newbie, and then pair them off, one newbie to one veteran. That way, newer mods can get their feet wet without taking on the full responsibility of running a game, and they get a taste for what running a game is really like. Call it the Junior Moderator system or something like that.

Then, once we have these people more comfortable with modding and with a better understanding of the commitment, the forum can also be used to find other mods so that they can group up and run games in twos or threes. That way, mods who have time constraints can work together and allow for more games to be run on the site.
Plus, this would make it easier to find co-mods, backup mods, and organize the game modding community a little better.

Okay.
Now that you’ve read the above,
Welcome to the Mafia Moderator Society!
Basically, I’ve started this little thread to bring together the modding community and make the above a reality.
I’ll keep the thread organized and up to date for anyone interested.
If you want to join, simply /in as either a veteran or a newbie. If you’re a veteran, I’m gonna need at least 3 links from modded games. Any games count as long as they are completed.

Then, veterans, just let me know when you have a game getting ready to run and I’ll either pair you off with a newbie or you can choose a newbie from the list!
Once a newbie has 3 or more games as a Junior mod, they can be prompt to veteran IF they can run a single game to completion without a veteran. (Co-modding with another newbie for this game is allowed.)

Also, this thread can be used to talk about being a mod, give tips to the younger mods, and to find co-mods and create groups of moderators for running games.
Last edited by Inferno390 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MS Moderator Society
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:45 am

Veteran Mods:
AnonymousGhost
Korina
Micc
Gamma Emerald
Boonskiies/Flavor Leaf
The Worst
Jingle
Ircher
Skygazer
Zaphkael
Jackall711?

Newbie Mods:
Inferno390
CreativeMod1
horrordude0125
ManateeDude
MagikHorse

Current Games:

Modding Groups:
Last edited by MS Moderator Society on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
MS Moderator Society
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Hey, all, this is Inferno390 here under the guise of the new MMS alt! I'm going to be using this alt specifically for keeping up with this thread, so I thought I'd give you a heads up!
MS Moderator Society
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:56 pm

There are actually more than 2 mods that count as experienced in here
I just haven’t updated this thread in a very long time
Which is one of the reasons I am going to create a new one in the coming days.
MS Moderator Society
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm

I mean that would honestly be a good start
But I have no idea how to do that (going to assume it has something to do with the skittles) and also there are a couple things not in the opening post that I would like to implement, such as a spot specifically for mod resources.
It’s worth looking at though. I’m going to do a little digging and see if I can’t work that out.
MS Moderator Society
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
MS Moderator Society
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:49 am

In post 64, PenguinPower wrote:Could always PM a skittle....or wait for one of us to be bored on an airplane.
Thanks Penguin

Just updated the list for the first time in forever. If anyone has any modding resources, just let me know and I'll add them to the opening posts.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”