Jury Voting Philosophies

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Jury Voting Philosophies

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by PrivateI »

So, Survivor: Ghost Island aside, it seems like MS historically has more divisive Tribal Councils than the show does. For example, having a zero vote finalist is relatively rare on MS, while it's almost a standard on Survivor.

If you agree with the above, why do you think that is? My initial thought is that there's more pressure on jurors on the show to be "right", and that, conversely, on MS, there's almost no true "accountability" for jury votes. What do you think?
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 31, Drench wrote:
In post 29, Cephrir wrote:We were going to try RCV in disney but we kinda forgot
i hate to say it but as much as i love a good rank, it's just too convoluted to really fit with the vibe of survivor
my great fear is that in implementing it you just make it a game of whoever can best manipulate the idiosyncrasies of any particular voting system
With respect, isn't Survivor already a game of whoever can best manipulate the idiosyncrasies of any particular voting system?

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”