Normal Roles

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

I support Hider and Fruit Vendor.
Also potentially this nice role:

1.Role:Vanillaizer
You are a Vanillaizer. You are aligned with the Town/Mafia/You are the Serial Killer.
Each night you may target one person to vanillaize. If they are not Vanilla, they will turn into Vanilla(Goon for Mafia) and they will be told that they were vanillaized. Vanillaizing has instant effect, the target shows up as Vanilla to Vanilla Cop and Rolecop, for example, and their role action(not faction kill) for the same night is disabled.

3. Yes, it is not widely used... because it is blacklisted(and cannot be used in normals). It can be added as a strong tool for the Mafia(or even the Serial Killer) to allow them to bypass any doc/Bodyguard protection to neutralize a power role threat while eliminating other more pressing threats first(unless the target is Ascetic or Commuter). It seems to be a really interesting but powerful role(so powerful that you will rarely see it in full ability). In the hands of Town, it can be a huge liability if someone indiscriminately uses it. But it can be also an asset, especially if someone claims a low power role and then does not report being vanillaized(because they were a goon). Or you throw it into the game as fake guilty for Rolecops(no please do not restrict it to evils).
It looks like a really nice role. Of course, due to its power for scum it needs to be handled with care but that is a thing for reviewers.
(Note: I deliberately used this version as this version makes the Vanillaizer a more powerful(permanent) roleblocker with feedback(but it also changes Rolecop results and Vanilla cop results) that does not run into any problems with delay or, far worse, fake role results.)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 32, Not_Mafia wrote:Remove Ninja, it's a very inelegant counter to an already limited investigative role, if there's a ninja in your set-up, it's probably poorly designed
Are we talking about Watcher or Tracker? A full mafia ninja is probably not ok. A 1-shot or 2-shot to prevent broken situations? That is ok.
Yes, Mafia Ninja and Tracker is not so good, especially because of the fake clear.
Ninja and Watcher is valid.
A Serial Killer Ninja on the other hand, that is fine.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 38, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 35, Marquis wrote:
In post 32, Not_Mafia wrote:Remove Ninja, it's a very inelegant counter to an already limited investigative role, if there's a ninja in your set-up, it's probably poorly designed
I'm torn on whether Ninja should be Normal from a precedence standpoint (or more like I can't remember how we've addressed similarly functioning Normal roles) but anyway I essentially agree with this
I see it the same way as godfather, a relic of the past that's been outgrown and should be dropped
How about dropping it from the Mafia, but not the Serial Killer?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

1: Not Known 15, unfortunately Vanillaiser is blacklisted due to being a role change in the middle of the game.
???
In post 0, Nexus wrote:What roles that are currently non-normal, or greylist, do you want to see on the Normal List?
The opening post includes roles that are currently non-normal as possible additions.
Your post does not help...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 42, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nexus asked for greylist roles. Vanillaiser is blacklisted. Greylisted means anything not directly approved or unapproved, basically roles not in the Normal rulebook.
Read. Non-normal, OR greylist.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 57, BNL wrote:This role will need a name change, but otherwise I think this needs to exist:

Role: Automatic rolestopper (Mafia aligned only)
Sample PM:
Mafia automatic rolestopperWelcome to game X, Player, you are a Mafia 1-shot Automatic Rolestopper

Abilities:
(Standard stuff)
Once during the game, if you are performing the nightkill, you may activate your ability. Any other actions targeting that player that night will fail.

This is in the same vein as the Mafia Ninja and Strongman (which is why I used a 1-shot variant for the role PM). While Ninja takes care of motion and Strongman takes care of kill success, this role will take care of any roles targeting the NKed player, namely Doctor and Watcher. These roles tend to be more powerful than Roleblocker (for Strongman) or Tracker (for Ninja).
This prevents Watcher, unlike Strongman.
But it doesn't prevent Roleblocks.
Nor Bulletproof.
And Strongmen are not affected by the Doctor.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 66, mastina wrote:I'm not sure if this rule was implemented or not, actually. It was discussed backstage, but I don't remember if it went through or not.
Banning duplicates means that every counterclaim is real(one of the two is scum).
Not a good thing.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”