OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Enigma »

quacking quack quack quacking
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 1.21

Sando (0)
~
skitter30 (0)
~
AP (2)
~ Invisibility, OkaPoka,
Cardi B (1)
~ BuJaber,
BuJaber (1)
~ Sando,
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (0)
~
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ruru (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~
Invisibility (3)
~ ruru, skitter30, Enigma,
OkaPoka (1)
~ Cardi B,
Enigma (1)
~ ofrhz,

NOT VOTING:
AP, ceejayvinoya, vulcan logician, Skygazer, Ausuka,

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-07-25 18:30:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

*sad quack*

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by the worst »

i cri evertiem
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

eh ill lynch invis too today i guess

invis or ap

also fine with flipping enigma just so we can see his alignment
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 771, skitter30 wrote:wrt scum on the wagon i'm townreading ruru and to a certain extent cj, and ofrhz's vote made a lot of sense to me in that context, so if there were scum on it i think it's in {ausuka, sky}

what do you think about invisibility?
This is kinda what I was looking for. It felt like a lot of busy-work to come to an "enigma is town" conclusion and then not follow through with the implications of that. You're not a "not follow through" kinda gal.

Invisibility in my lynchpool fo sho. I think Enigma's vote just now says there's one scum in those two. I generally prefer Enigma over Invisibility though.

Skitter/AP/Cardi/CJ are firmly in my not-lynch today.
Enigma/Invis/Vulcan/BuJaber are my happy to lynch today, in no particular order.
Everyone else I need more convincing or less time on the clock to get a lynch out of me.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

why is AP in your not-lynch today?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 781, OkaPoka wrote:why is AP in your not-lynch today?
Meta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok sorry.

General jovial nature, while 277 is a pretty in-depth post that I don't think comes from scum (when combined with other non-serious posts). There's more to progressing game-state than just voting, and he's contributing imo. He's not in my town-pool, that's just CJ at this stage, but I think he's a terrible lynch today.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by ruru »

Is this the part where we manage to find votes for invis and then nothing happens and then people get spooked again

although I'm rather surprised at the lack of people voting him so far or calling his posts null because I don't think they're null
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: invisibility

i encourage everyone else to find a wagon and put your vote somewhere
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 680, OkaPoka wrote:well i guess ill try a more game related question

@cardi b, why am i scum?
Yall postin a lot and I seent nothing from u that made me like "this dude coult NOT have thought that as scum". I cawwed out some posts a yours i thought were shtanky. Awso Yall axin me questions an then go all like "she cant be sorted we gotta tk and ti her." Yaw sound like u not a fan of this bad bish thas gonna kick u outta the townblok.

Awwwso...... my girl skitter skitter was talkin bout complacent gamestates n shit.... I seen a lotta people townreadin u... krr
In post 686, OkaPoka wrote:we can TIs or TKs solve cardi b at night knowing that this isnt a pgo play

so i think invis/cardi b are off the table lynches today
I aint heard of TI or TK?

Yall shoehornin this invisibility guy in?
In post 694, skitter30 wrote:i know nothing about cardi b beyond that she like exists and is some sort of singer i think?
My record dropped a couple monts ago. You can go head n check it out on any top hunnit chart of yaww choice.
In post 694, skitter30 wrote:
In post 648, Cardi B wrote:
In post 236, BuJaber wrote:I read oka's ISO and beyond the townie tone, I also don't think scum would interpret enigma's vote on me with such accuracy.
townie WHATT!!
does this mean you agree or disagree with bujaber saying oka is exhibiting a 'townie tone'?

or are you saying that bujaber's post is townie?
I was a bit suprised that this dude saw townie tone in this hokapoka guy but now I seent a few other folks think the same way so it dont bug me as much.
In post 694, skitter30 wrote:
In post 664, Cardi B wrote:Hokay Im gonna say skitter,AP,ruru,ohrfrz probably town. I think Invinibilty,Skygazer n Engima are all hot maybes. VOTE: OkaPoka is where the shmoney is for me righnow.
can you elaborate on ap and sky?

also i'm not really sure i followed your reasoning on oka - i know you quoted some of his posts but i think i'm doing a bad job interpretting your ... interesting use of punctation, so can you please elaborate?
AP, I seen this guy around, I dont think he likes lyin all thah much. N he keepin his cards close to his tiddies but I think when he scum he more comfortable when he's tryna push stuff. I hope u get me.

I Tink u might be confused n I wanna clarify sky's group was still a bit town for me. She had a buncha grand gamestate reads and evaluatin peoples. Also vibes

Im townleanin sando a bit now too, couple random things I seent from him.

If theres anything about oka I can help u wit lemme know.
In post 699, Ausuka wrote:
In post 657, Cardi B wrote:
In post 267, Ausuka wrote:@brass: what is the point of going around putting "pressure votes" on people that have never been prodded and have given content in the game and why is it better than scumhunting?
There's plentya tracks u coul be on and this is the wrong one.
you appeared to have me as a townread earlier. you only mentioned this about me after that, and you did not say i was a townread when you gave your reads. is 267 scummy to you?
I got some vibes from u but youre not a Tr righ now. U dont seem to be havin much fun.

267, I thought you was on the wrong track. nyaa.

My feelin was that, I know brassherald town, I might be bias but the thing u were callin out from him didn't seem outta character fo him, from what Ive seen, n I though you maybe oughtta be able to figgure that out. But I donno.
In post 708, ofrhz wrote:i'm not sure how many of cardi's posts i actually understood
In post 664, Cardi B wrote:Hokay Im gonna say skitter,AP,ruru,ohrfrz probably town. I think Invinibilty,Skygazer n Engima are all hot maybes. VOTE: OkaPoka is where the shmoney is for me righnow.
Do "hot maybes" = townleans?
I donno about leanin since my ass gives me great possure but yeah I think they're town.
In post 709, ofrhz wrote:
In post 662, Cardi B wrote:
In post 371, ofrhz wrote:the impression i got from reading his scumgame in Coalition was that he was less flippant and more cooperative there. so for example, i think is more likely to come from town than scum invis

basically, if you're expecting paragraphs or even sentences of analysis from invis, i highly doubt you'll get that from him from either alignment.
i think you forgot to write something here

unless you just wanted to quote it for emphasis
Yea thank u. I meant to say I thought u was helpful but I guess I messed summn up.
In post 725, skitter30 wrote:ap i'm kinda like waiting for him to do stuff

like i feel like i can read him with content but the longer he doesn't post the more i'm reminded of jungle republic tbh

i'm a little hesitant to join the ap thing tho cuz vizzy's lolvote is sitting on him and like none of vizzy's votes feel *real* or like he's voting someone he actually found scummy; i feel like he just decided this was a good place to votepark
Donno if yall need me to tell ya but my girl townpostin here.

She shootin feels everywhere like a boombox playin Cardi.

Skitterskitter take her time writin out posts an I'm readin em all the way to the bottom.
In post 745, Skygazer wrote:UNVOTE:
After rereading a few times I've:

1) realized that orfhz has already addressed my points
2) realized on a second reread that I'm pretty satisfied with their answers regarding what I've said
3) realized that it's entirely likely that they are trying to gamesolve and just don't have many strong reads at this point
4) realized that I shouldn't make a vote at 4am after skimming an iso

They still come across playing it safe/kinda floaty but I don't want my vote there at this point until I see more. So, orfhz, could you post a reads list?
I thought this was townpostin a bit as well. She took the time to read an think about her vote. Cardi like finessin as much as the nex bish but when she find a vote she like as scums she usually wanna sit on it fo a while.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Cardi B »

VOTE: invisibility if theres more to get from this lil dude I wanna see it. Joinin my mans okapoka ArrArrArr.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Okadude can u tell me anything for why invisibilty is on the table again?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 785, Cardi B wrote:AP, I seen this guy around, I dont think he likes lyin all thah much. N he keepin his cards close to his tiddies but I think when he scum he more comfortable when he's tryna push stuff. I hope u get me.
Would this be common knowledge or knowledge cardi might be expected to have (@skitter)?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by ofrhz »

@cardi
- have you played with me before?

In post 782, Sando wrote:
In post 781, OkaPoka wrote:why is AP in your not-lynch today?
Meta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok sorry.

General jovial nature, while
277 is a pretty in-depth post that I don't think comes from scum
(when combined with other non-serious posts). There's more to progressing game-state than just voting, and he's contributing imo. He's not in my town-pool, that's just CJ at this stage, but I think he's a terrible lynch today.
I kind of agree with this. reminded me of when AP was reading too much into one of his scumreads in another game I played with town!him (specifically, in Pick Your Poison when AP had some conspiracy theory that ruru and tw were scum together based on their RVS votes)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I think I'm here right now (town to scum):

skitter, bujaber, ceejay, ruru, okapoka
sando, AP
skygazer, vulcan, enigma
ausuka, cardi, invis
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE: invis

wagon ho
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@skitter - yeah it is mostly gut. But his ISO seems lacking. Brass might doubt himself a lot as town but he scumhunts and jumps on/creates wagons. I just see him overly discussing the draft, making too many 'jokes', randomly voting and unvoting people for 'pressure'.
As for Cardi maybe her posts will get better but a lot of her posts were basically just gut or disagreeing with someone's opinioms but there's very little reasoning in her disagreement.

@enigma - brass lynch is more informative than you think. There is definitely at least 1 scum that made up a fake reason not to vote for brass. If he flips town you look for ones that sound like they knew he was town and if he flips scum you look for ones that sound like they knew he was scum.
Also I'm town so if brass is town also they don't want to seem too eager to join the wagon, they'll take it slow because they want to try and spin it later to get me lynched too. If brass is scum they don't want to bus too early and attract attention or encourage town to join and risk him getting hammered.
And then there's the sando association. I know everyone who talked about it has disagreed so far but I believe it applies. Brass flip gives me info on Sando, and that is valuable because we are disagreeing on stuff I didn't even know people can disagree on.
Funny you say that about brass wagon while jumping on Invis. You really think invis has enough content that he's a more informative lynch than brass???!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 774, Enigma wrote:To be honest, the vote I would get behind today would be Invisibility. The lack of association with other players, ignoring my wagon (scum buddies already on it) completely,
posting votes with zero meaning or significance to slip under the radar, no scumhunting effort really, entire read of players being null + voting AP despite reading him null,
etc. etc. the list goes on.

I don't like BuJaber, SkyGazer or Oka directions (for today). Cardi B lynch will provide no useful information at all today. Vulcan a null. Could be convinced on AP.

VOTE: Invisibility

PS: if he flips red, me feels SvS with AP.
who do you think is scum on your wagon? why do you think AP + vizzy?

and yeah the bolded is basically the problem that i'm having with vizzy - i feel like he's lolvoting and setting down random votes that don't really seem to indicate an intent to sort the vote-ee; i feel more like he's looking for places to vote that won't cause super much controversy; he's like voting nulls but isn't interacting with them in anyway otherwise and he changes them at a drop of a hat without following up with the people he's voting

--
In post 780, Sando wrote:Invisibility in my lynchpool fo sho.
I think Enigma's vote just now says there's one scum in those two.
I generally prefer Enigma over Invisibility though.

Skitter/AP/Cardi/CJ are firmly in my not-lynch today.
Enigma/Invis/Vulcan/BuJaber are my happy to lynch today, in no particular order.
Everyone else I need more convincing or less time on the clock to get a lynch out of me.
why the bolded?

i think your argument with bujaber is indicative of a difference in playstyles tbh; i think he legitimately found you agreeing with brass to be scummy which is why he kept on harping on about it; it kinda reminded me of when i get tunneled on something and won't drop it and just keep arguing it do death even

and wrt ap's jovial nature i'm honestly kinda reminded of jungle republic here where he did very little for most of day1 and didn't really push anyone; most of his posts that day were jokes or memes or just kinda being there

--
In post 785, Cardi B wrote:I aint heard of TI or TK?
these are ToS terms i think

ti = town investigavitve (think cop)
tk = town killer (think vig)

--
In post 785, Cardi B wrote:If theres anything about oka I can help u wit lemme know.
with oka i'm a little bit conflicted

i don't like that he's cool with a lynch on enigma (who he thinks is town) just to get a flip; it feels a little bit opportunistic and trying-to-take-advantage-of-a-wagon-y to me, especially since he hates the original enigma-wagon composition; like being chill with an info-lynch on someone you townread is kinda meh

however some of his posts i'm kinda townreading cuz i think they don't really come from scum; like feels kinda ... blatant; it's almost lampshading how scum might be trying to position themselves here and i feel like scum doing that wouldn't really highlight themselves doing that;

--
In post 788, ruru wrote:
In post 785, Cardi B wrote:AP, I seen this guy around, I dont think he likes lyin all thah much. N he keepin his cards close to his tiddies but I think when he scum he more comfortable when he's tryna push stuff. I hope u get me.
Would this be common knowledge or knowledge cardi might be expected to have (@skitter)?
uh i guess that depends on who cardi is?

if she's who i think she is yeah she's played some games with ap

if not idk; it depends on what her ap history is

idk if this is how i would classify ap either; like i don't know if 'cards close to his chest' is wholly accurate; like i played a game with him where he lolclaimed a pr on like page 6 as town knowing full well he'd get nk'd that night; he was a bg it made sense in context tho

he's kinda go-with-the-flow-y and will change his approach based on the game and the particular setup; he's very setup-minded and even though i tend to disagree with how he approaches setup spec he puts a lot of thought into it

i don't think i've ever seen him hard-push anyone as scum on his own initiative tbh; i've played two iterations of jungle republic with him where he was scum in both. in the first he tunneled on me in retaliation for town!me tunneling scum!him; he was very confident there; in the second town!me caught him for *not* pushing anything as scum

in the second towngame i played with him he loltunneled you i think. i don't remember what he did the first towngame tbh; it was like in january and i'd have to check that game

i agree with 'don't like lying too much' for the most part

--
In post 790, ofrhz wrote:I think I'm here right now (town to scum):

skitter, bujaber, ceejay, ruru, okapoka
sando, AP
skygazer, vulcan, enigma
ausuka, cardi, invis
ofrhz i liked your enigma vote and how you approached ruru way back when but since then i've been kinda looking for that 'bleeds town as town' thing you do and i'm not really seeing it :/

--
In post 792, BuJaber wrote:@skitter - yeah it is mostly gut. But his ISO seems lacking. Brass might doubt himself a lot as town but he scumhunts and jumps on/creates wagons. I just see him overly discussing the draft, making too many 'jokes', randomly voting and unvoting people for 'pressure'.
As for Cardi maybe her posts will get better but a lot of her posts were basically just gut or disagreeing with someone's opinioms but there's very little reasoning in her disagreement.
i think i only actually played one game with brass actually; i don't know his meta too well so i can't really judge him on that

tbf to brass he did leave at the endish of rvs so discussing the draft + jokes i don't have much trouble with; i agree that the pressure votes were kinda meh

actually i liked this evening's post from cardi a lot more and found it alot more intelligible than her catchup

@cardi i do appreciate that you made your post easier to read :)
In post 792, BuJaber wrote:@enigma - brass lynch is more informative than you think. T
here is definitely at least 1 scum that made up a fake reason not to vote for brass. If he flips town you look for ones that sound like they knew he was town and if he flips scum you look for ones that sound like they knew he was scum.

Also I'm town so if brass is town also they don't want to seem too eager to join the wagon, they'll take it slow because they want to try and spin it later to get me lynched too. If brass is scum they don't want to bus too early and attract attention or encourage town to join and risk him getting hammered.
i mean, can you point to any such people that you think are confident that brass's slot is town and/or scum?

this reasoning doesn't really seem brass-specific to me if that makes sense

overall i just don't really see what you see in brass; like i don't explicitly townread him but none of the reasons you're offering to scumread him are reallly that compelling to me either
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 793, skitter30 wrote:why the bolded?

i think your argument with bujaber is indicative of a difference in playstyles tbh; i think he legitimately found you agreeing with brass to be scummy which is why he kept on harping on about it; it kinda reminded me of when i get tunneled on something and won't drop it and just keep arguing it do death even

and wrt ap's jovial nature i'm honestly kinda reminded of jungle republic here where he did very little for most of day1 and didn't really push anyone; most of his posts that day were jokes or memes or just kinda being there
Because it's a self serving vote from Enigma.

If you think that you're not reading my argument. I'm saying BuJaber has manufactured a situation where literally no matter what I said, he'd find me scummy. As part of that he thinks me agreeing with Brass was scummy, which I think is wrong. What's blatantly scummy is the manufactured scenario.

Jovial nature + 277 is why I'm TRing him, it's a combo deal.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@Skitter I don't know I'll have to look. I think it's better to look after the flip because you'd be looking for one particular side instead of two anf it's easier to interpret that way. But I see your point and I'll try to look over some posts to see if any stand out.

I agree about Cardi's latest posts being much clearer and to the point. Looking forward for more.

---------

I don't like how the Enigma wagon dissipated. To be honest I didn't really think he did anything that warrants a change of mind. Meaning that the people who scumread him early on, should still be scumreading him. I can't imagine that excuse was satisfying for any townie. I hadn't been convinced of his scumminess in the early game and eveb I find his paper talk suspicious. (I also dislike his SR on me but that's just bias I'm guessing). Kinda suspicous it went from biggest wagon to a lone vote also.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:43 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: invis

L-1 yeaaaah
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:47 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 731, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: vulcan logician

im tired and want to put my vote somewhere and he has the least amount of posts

/logic
This guy must be town.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:12 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 796, ceejayvinoya wrote:VOTE: invis

L-1 yeaaaah
Please be scum
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 787, Cardi B wrote:Okadude can u tell me anything for why invisibilty is on the table again?
not doing anything

can verfiy TI is town investigative and TK is town killing

cj might be scum
orfhz might be scum

Return to “Completed Open Games”