Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Claus »

Hasdgfas - you're voting Gorrad and GS. Who do you think is the better lynch?

I don't think that GS is "obviously town" - but the two current reasons being used to lynch him:
- his hammer
- his slip

are shitty. So his bandwagon looks scummy and oportunist, and that's why I'm against it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count!
With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

7 Greasy Spot (windkirby, Kison, PyroDwarf, hasdgfas, Blazerunner, Gorrad, Xdaamno)
6 JDodge (windkirby, Kison, Gorrad, PyroDwarf, Blazerunner, JamesThePhox)
6 Gorrad (JDodge, UROE, armlx, hasdgfas, Claus, Greasy Spot)
4 Sonickid (JDodge, UROE, Gorrad, skitzer)
3 JamesThePhox (GhostWriter, JDodge, armlx)
3 Claus (UROE, PyroDwarf, Blazerunner)
3 Kison (JDodge, GhostWriter, JamesThePhox)
2 GhostWriter (Claus, Kison)
1 Blazerunner (hasdgfas)
1 hasdgfas (GhostWriter)
1 Xdaamno (JDodge)
1 Pyrodwarf (Greasy Spot)
Not voting: UltimaAvalon, sonickid01,

Deadline: May 6, Tuesday at 11:59 PM EST.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm with Dodge here. This is definitely town GS to me, based on Adel's mountainous open.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:47 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

At first I thought the hammer was scummy, but, as GS pointed out, there was a good amount of time where people made cases against ZS, which could have prompted GS to hammer. I feel like had it been anyone else, we'd be jumping on that wagon instead of the GS one.

Vote: GW
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Claus »

JtP, why are you voting Kison and JDodge?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Unvote JamesThePhox, armlx

Vote: Greasy Spot
Nice...no reasons given. This is the best kind of vote to get.
I do remember posting 'They look town to me'.

:amnesiac:
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Xdaamno wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Unvote JamesThePhox, armlx

Vote: Greasy Spot
Nice...no reasons given. This is the best kind of vote to get.
I do remember posting 'They look town to me'.

:amnesiac:
Freudian?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by armlx »

GS: That is not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip involves accidentally using an incorrect term which implies your true feelings rather then those you are portraying.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by windkirby »

armlx wrote:I'm with Dodge here. This is definitely town GS to me, based on Adel's mountainous open.
Don't understand this post. Could you explain?

I'd also like to point out that JDodge's latest post is further confirming the way he's tossing votes around like they mean nothing: does he actually believe that every single person on the GS bandwagon is scum? Of course not! Rather, he tries to scare the people off of the wagon by threatening to vote for them simply because he doesn't agree with their suspicions. In this case, wouldn't voting them be more of a result of a desire not to get GS lynched than the result an actual belief that the offending players are mafia? Then again, perhaps it's just so he can say, "Now look! This many more players I'm voting for are voting for me back!"

Again, I'm not saying that he 100% confirmed scum, but if we all played like JDodge we would have seventeen simultaneous lynches. You cannot seriously tell me that a townie would believe another player to be scum because he was "asking about something without knowing the context of it."
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by armlx »

I was referencing a game where GS acted similarily as town, namely Open 62 or something, run by Adel, called Mountainous Multiball. I was even scum and tried to push a GS lynch, and if a remember a lot of the other scum did as well.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Claus wrote:JtP, why are you voting Kison and JDodge?
JDodge for just some weird vibes from him, and to put him at the same votes as GS.

Kison because of his early game bandwagoning, switching between people who have only slight suspicion. Kison seems very opportunistic in his play.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by JDodge »

hasdgfas wrote:
JDodge wrote:Don't claim. This is a horrid bandwagon and I'm pretty sure I know now why you're coming across as scummy. In 24 hours, I will be voting everyone who is voting Greasy Spot unless they move their votes. It should be incredibly obvious that he's town by now to anyone paying attention to this game.
You need to explain this better than "It should be incredibly obvious why he is town" because there is no way I can see the obviousness of his townieness in basically anything he's done, and there's also no reason that you should vote for every single person voting for him. Just because you see that him being town is "incredibly obvious" doesn't mean that it is to the rest of us. I see someone who is being quite scummy, not "obvious town."
Because you are thinking actions from a standard, experienced player. Not from an erratic newbie. This explains the hammer.

Then you realize that the case on the supposed "slip" is about as stable as a New Orleans levee.

Now, for the fun bit of obvious townness - try to place yourself in GS's state of mind. You're not too experienced, you're not quite as logical, and you see a -1 vote sitting there on someone you think is scummy. What do you do as scum? What do you do as town?

As town, your inhibition is greatly reduced - you'd see no problem with hammering right then.

As scum, you'd be a bit confused, a bit more careful - why then, is there no hesitation on the hammer vote?

As neutral, you'd think about how this will affect yourself first - it would not be as immediate.

Learn to psychoanalyze, please.

Also,
Vote: windkirby, PyroDwarf, hasdgfas, Blazerunner
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

JD, you do realize that GS has been here for over 3 months and has taken part in many games so far, right? Wouldn't that change opinion of him from being "an erratic newbie" and "not very experienced"? 3 months is enough to join the modding queue, and IC if you have enough completed games, so why do you still consider him extremely inexperienced?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by JDodge »

hasdgfas wrote:JD, you do realize that GS has been here for over 3 months and has taken part in many games so far, right? Wouldn't that change opinion of him from being "an erratic newbie" and "not very experienced"? 3 months is enough to join the modding queue, and IC if you have enough completed games, so why do you still consider him extremely inexperienced?
That is not the point. The issue here is that he does not have a grasp of mafia concepts in the same manner that you do - again, try putting yourself in his shoes and see if you can see the light here.
stream

JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

I don't know. GS had some suspicions on him even in Day 1. Why would he hammer, as town, knowing that it might lead to a miss lynch, thus adding even MORE suspicion on him?

Then again, I know that ZS was innocent, so that would add a bit of a bias, but still. If he is town and I was standing in his shoes, I wouldn't have hammered.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by JDodge »

JamesThePhox wrote:I don't know. GS had some suspicions on him even in Day 1. Why would he hammer, as town, knowing that it might lead to a miss lynch, thus adding even MORE suspicion on him?

Then again, I know that ZS was innocent, so that would add a bit of a bias, but still. If he is town and I was standing in his shoes, I wouldn't have hammered.
Because he wasn't thinking that far due to lowered inhibition, which is a sign of towniness - why would he hammer as scum? Your argument is self-defeating.
stream

JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well I was also considering the fact that he is scum and that he wouldn't hammer as well, a third party wouldn't do that as well either.

I guess either way you look at it, GS is just inexperienced (not as inexperienced as myself). I still don't buy the inexperienced TOWNIE card just because of the hammer error. He could still be mafia/SK.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:39 am

Post by armlx »

Lol, way to throw in I'm an inexperienced townie into your post.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I will have very little access till Wednesday April 30th.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:10 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

are you voting for everyone now Jdodge?
windkirby wrote: if we all played like JDodge we would have seventeen simultaneous lynches.
Now that would be something... I think the mod said first person to reach needed votes dies. Anywhoo, I'll
unvote:claus
because I'd like to focus on GS an JD. As for my hypocritical suspisciouns of GS for hammering Zombie after I said I was comfortable with his lynch, when I posted that, I was, as zombie was posting responses to people's attacks, I was thinking that he was becomming less scummy, we should have persuaded him to claim.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

PyroDwarf wrote:As for my hypocritical suspisciouns of GS for hammering Zombie after I said I was comfortable with his lynch, when I posted that, I was, as zombie was posting responses to people's attacks, I was thinking that he was becomming less scummy, we should have persuaded him to claim.
You are very hypocritical. You already stated you didn't take your vote away from Zombie because you weren't here at the time.

Does everyone not see how scummy Pyrodwarf is?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 am

Post by windkirby »

JDodge - I've been here approximately three months and I knew probably within the first that hammering like that is not beneficial for town.

armlx - Could you provide a link to the game? I'm lazy. :]
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

To everyone disagreeing with me on GS: Have you actually followed through with what I said in trying to put yourself into GS's state of mind, or are you just saying "BUT I LEARNED THAT WAS SCUMMY EARLIER" whilst ignoring the real point of my argument, which is that any rational and thinking scum would not in any way hammer suddenly like that, and if said person is irrational and wasn't thinking, that said hammer is a nulltell as you can't really tell what their state of mind was like at the time they hammered?
stream

windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by windkirby »

Really that's kind of WIFOM, though... You're saying that scum wouldn't do it because scum would do it. Not all scum are smart, y'know.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Sorry for being off!
Well well...
JDodge, who was already the person with the most votes today, threatening people to vote them as well if theydidn't unvote GS... Freaks people out huh?

Anyway, though I don't agree with the "I am going to vote you" threat, I do agree tha wagon is senseless, and with Dodge's arguments, so, for now...

unvote: Greasy Spot
unvote: JDodge

Gotta re-read!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”