OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 845, OkaPoka wrote:i think this post is just to cover his tracks
Literally the entirety of your case on someone that a few days ago was "unreadable"...yeah righto.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i made a case on you that said you were unreadable?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 901, OkaPoka wrote:i made a case on you that said you were unreadable?
Donner Party...
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

ok those are different games?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 903, OkaPoka wrote:ok those are different games?
Really? :o :o :o
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Then I don't see what point you are trying to make here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 2.3

Sando (1)
~ OkaPoka,
skitter30 (0)
~
AP (0)
~
Cardi B (1)
~ ofrhz,
BuJaber (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (0)
~
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~
OkaPoka (0)
~
Enigma (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, skitter30, AP, Cardi B, BuJaber, Ausuka, Skygazer, vulcan logician, ceejayvinoya, Enigma

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-08-05 09:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Hi I am vla and will be back Monday
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by BuJaber »

-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
So I feel like I'm missing something obvious or it's a pointless gambit??

-CJ: why did you put invis at L-1?
- AP: why did you hammer?
Discussion was still ongoing, I don't know why you two decided to end the day 3 days before deadline.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
It's a fairly painless fakeclaim and she did it with no pressure, so a PGO/Vig would feel no real need to counter/kill. It also makes scum hesitant to kill her, unless they somehow know she's lying, either by being it or happening to be Sky and picking jailer themselves.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Skygazer »

~stop rolefishing~
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 790, ofrhz wrote:I think I'm here right now (town to scum):

skitter, bujaber, ceejay, ruru, okapoka
sando, AP
skygazer, vulcan, enigma
ausuka, cardi, invis
can you explain more of these reads ofrhz? specifically I'd want to hear the reasoning for your reads on me and cjv.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Ausuka »

(just crossposting this over all of my games to say i'm going to spain for two weeks and won't have access to PC. i'm not on much nowadays anyway so my activity shouldn't, like, dramatically decrease, but i'll be less able to read through the game, make quotes, etc.)
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 912, Ausuka wrote:(just crossposting this over all of my games to say i'm going to spain for two weeks and won't have access to PC. i'm not on much nowadays anyway so my activity shouldn't, like, dramatically decrease, but i'll be less able to read through the game, make quotes, etc.)
Enjoy, Spain is awesome.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:56 am

Post by BuJaber »

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Town PGO would cc. Why wouldn't they?
Town vig shooting ruru is a conceivable scneario, but it further makes me question ruru's decision. How would that have helped at all? Town vig wasting his shot on town roleblocker because the town vig knew he was lying.
Ruru is dead now I really don't care about her intentions anymore but considering she is clearly not a new player I want to learn why a townie would do that and why it would be a good/viable strategy. I'll just ask her post-game.

Vulcan ... thanks to the quickhammer you survived day 1 without having to complete your readlist. Do it now.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:01 am

Post by vulcan logician »

Yo! Yo!

My power got shut off near EoD guys... (because in RL I'm even more delinquent and irresponsible than in this game). So, sorry about my absence there.

Happy scumday, Ausuka!

p-edit: okie dokie on the read list
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:13 am

In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
I don't think I like Ruru's strategy, which (as far as I can see) hinged on her fakeclaim being believed. That is problematic for the reasons you listed. In addition, Ruru selected a very townie role, that was apt to be chosen by those halfway down the draft or lower, thus condemning all of them to vanilla-ness. PGO would have actually been a good pick, or even vig... if anything just to prevent scum from getting the role. To pick a role so useful to a townie who
wasn't
going to be a prime n1 target was a bad move IMO.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

dont listen to the haters ruru
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Sando »

In post 916, vulcan logician wrote:
I don't think I like Ruru's strategy, which (as far as I can see) hinged on her fakeclaim being believed. That is problematic for the reasons you listed. In addition, Ruru selected a very townie role, that was apt to be chosen by those halfway down the draft or lower, thus condemning all of them to vanilla-ness. PGO would have actually been a good pick, or even vig... if anything just to prevent scum from getting the role. To pick a role so useful to a townie who
wasn't
Congrats, you have different views of how to play town PRs, well done. Ruru is dead, their alignment is known, let's move on. Contribute to how we can move the gamestate forward rather than speculating about why a town player did a thing...they did, deal with it.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:33 am

I don't think we can say that scum wouldn't have hopped on to Invisibility's wagon. As Vizzy's participation was minimal, the best "bang for the Vizzy buck" as it were would have been to jump onto the Invisibility wagon... basically using Invisibility as cannon fodder to dissociate themselves from the scum alignment.

Another possibility is that Enigma is mafia, and it wouldn't have mattered which wagon they jumped on. (I lean town on Enigma, so I think this second option is unlikely, but it's still worth mentioning.)
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:36 am

In post 918, Sando wrote:
In post 916, vulcan logician wrote:
wasn't
Congrats, you have different views of how to play town PRs, well done. Ruru is dead, their alignment is known, let's move on. Contribute to how we can move the gamestate forward rather than speculating about why a town player did a thing...they did, deal with it.
Not really trying to dwell. BuJaber asked if there was any other strategy that might have been at work. The short answer would have been "no."
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Sando »

In post 920, vulcan logician wrote:Not really trying to dwell. BuJaber asked if there was any other strategy that might have been at work. The short answer would have been "no."
Sorry, I'm more annoyed at BuJaber (and SRing him for it) for this insistence on discussion without actually digging into the implications of something. I really don't care if Ruru fakeclaiming was good or bad, being dead gave us information that is far more valuable than "gee was that a good play mate".
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:49 am

Post by Enigma »

Trying to make sense of N1 (using PoE) and discussing hypo scenarios is pure fiction and time could be better invested looking at D1 play at this stage - considering we have no certainty of who killed town ruru.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 am

In post 889, ofrhz wrote:how about we just do some good ol fashioned scumhunting without the setup spec
In post 250, brassherald wrote:
In post 249, OkaPoka wrote:pretty sure ausuka is in this game more than invis is, brass.
Invisibility is in this game?

VOTE: Invisibility

I'd rather have the pressure vote on someone I forgot was in the game than Ausuka who I at least remembered.
this kind of reads as awkward distancing
In post 288, brassherald wrote:
In post 287, OkaPoka wrote:id hope that people would talk more when they are mentioned

also i don't see how this has anything to do with scumhunting
I'm scumhunting, I'm just not confident enough in any of my reads to make cases.

Plus, I find its very hard to form a read on someone if they are not participating in the game.

That's just me, though, I might be crazy to want to base my reads on like content.
In post 318, brassherald wrote:I don't like the Enigma wagon, Enigma's ISO has some good questions, and good thoughts. That's a town ISO as far as I can tell.

Vulcan Logician promised more content in and never followed up, I'd like to know why. I know the dude only has 3 posts, but they include him claiming he's a fairly active player. I will allow him more posts before making an actual read, but it makes me uneasy.

Invisibility is scum.

BuJaber, I'm leaning scum on.

I'll find the last scum tomorrow or something, going to the beach now.
first brass has no strong scumreads to explain away his pressure voting inactives, yet 30 posts later he conjures up a confident scumread on invis. where did this newfound confidence come from?
In post 786, Cardi B wrote:VOTE: invisibility if theres more to get from this lil dude I wanna see it. Joinin my mans okapoka ArrArrArr.
okay seems like cardi was basically on the invis wagon for pressure, which by itself is fine
In post 819, Cardi B wrote:
In post 817, OkaPoka wrote:I mean wasting a town investigator on him for a night.

We flip him because he is unreadable
All Im sayins is

0 other votes on invisibility oka be like "this bitch off the table"

3 other votes oka be like "oawww less lynch em"

Looks to me like nothin changed his mind! Skitter skitter talked abt why his content bad... I though she made sense (as usual :D )... okadude didnt even seem to noticed it, you knowwha Im sayin.
In post 828, Cardi B wrote:
In post 824, Skygazer wrote:I don't like how Cardi throws shade at Oka's vote after the hammer but joined the wagon directly after Oka's vote
I didnt like how it interactit with his own reasons, obvissly I didnt think it was a bad vote in general?
cardi then tries to scumread for his "inconsistency" in joining the invis wagon, when i think it was pretty evident oka was mainly on the wagon for pressure (which incidentally, is also the same reason cardi was on the wagon), i.e. oka was NOT on the invis wagon to "less lynch em"

for reference, oka's vote was in

as a bonus:
In post 57, Invisibility wrote:currently townleaning brassherald and Sando
i could totally see invis doing a "townlean your scumpartner and another townie" here

as another bonus, if we lynch cardi, i don't have to read her posts

VOTE: cardi

I like the reasoning here, ofrhz. Although you have the chance of being incorrect in your speculation, what you've said certainly is an eyebrow-raiser. I'll hop on the Cardi wagon.

VOTE: Cardi

I wanna hear from Ceej, too. I still have some uncomfortable gut feelings about him.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 am

Post by BuJaber »

Again Sando proves that we come from different planets.

Fuck me for taking the opportunity every game to improve myself and learn from others.

Fuck me for respecting a decision that ruru made consciously and wanting to learn from it.

Fuck me for expressing surprise at someone doing something that never would have occurred to me.

Fuck me for making sure I post when I have something relevant to say even if I want to go off-topic instead of dedicating an entire post to the off-topic thing.

You may have these people fooled but your stubborness doesn't come from being town. You are either just a horrible individual or you're scum. One or the other. This isn't natural townie-offensiveness. You're worn your biased glasses and everything I do looks scummy to me.

Have fun you just ruined my best friend on MS's game for me.

-please replace me TW. I don't have time to play games I don't enjoy.

I hope you're scum I really do. It's better for you as a human and as a player.

Return to “Completed Open Games”