OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Enigma »

quack
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Sando »

In post 924, BuJaber wrote:You may have these people fooled but your stubborness doesn't come from being town. You are either just a horrible individual or you're scum. One or the other. This isn't natural townie-offensiveness. You're worn your biased glasses and everything I do looks scummy to me.
Mate...I explained why Ruru would do what they did and why it was, in my view, a reasonable play. You chose to ignore/disagree and continue down the path that doesn't help us actually solve this game. I wasn't being a dick when I explained why I thought it reasonable for Ruru to do what they did, but it's also a discussion for post-game, not in-game.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:45 am

Post by vulcan logician »

I didn't like skygazer's EoD commentary (starting page 33 up to the end... esp posts 826 & 827). It feels a bit contrived, along with some other things she has said this day cycle. It could be myopia or the result of reading posts with a tad too much scrutiny... but in case anyone else got the same feelings, I thought I'd mention it. Regardless, I don't think she's a good lynch choice for today, because if she's town, she'll be high on scum's kill list, and we don't want to do their job for them. The same reasoning has me wanting to lynch someone other than OkaPoka.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:09 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 872, Skygazer wrote:
In post 871, OkaPoka wrote:How does that give Sando townpoints?
G
A
M
E
S
O
L
V
I
N
G
Shoulda said "gamsolving brooooooooooo".

Anyway, I have this townlean on both Oka and Sky.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:24 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 923, vulcan logician wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 889, ofrhz wrote:how about we just do some good ol fashioned scumhunting without the setup spec
In post 250, brassherald wrote:
In post 249, OkaPoka wrote:pretty sure ausuka is in this game more than invis is, brass.
Invisibility is in this game?

VOTE: Invisibility

I'd rather have the pressure vote on someone I forgot was in the game than Ausuka who I at least remembered.
this kind of reads as awkward distancing
In post 288, brassherald wrote:
In post 287, OkaPoka wrote:id hope that people would talk more when they are mentioned

also i don't see how this has anything to do with scumhunting
I'm scumhunting, I'm just not confident enough in any of my reads to make cases.

Plus, I find its very hard to form a read on someone if they are not participating in the game.

That's just me, though, I might be crazy to want to base my reads on like content.
In post 318, brassherald wrote:I don't like the Enigma wagon, Enigma's ISO has some good questions, and good thoughts. That's a town ISO as far as I can tell.

Vulcan Logician promised more content in and never followed up, I'd like to know why. I know the dude only has 3 posts, but they include him claiming he's a fairly active player. I will allow him more posts before making an actual read, but it makes me uneasy.

Invisibility is scum.

BuJaber, I'm leaning scum on.

I'll find the last scum tomorrow or something, going to the beach now.
first brass has no strong scumreads to explain away his pressure voting inactives, yet 30 posts later he conjures up a confident scumread on invis. where did this newfound confidence come from?
In post 786, Cardi B wrote:VOTE: invisibility if theres more to get from this lil dude I wanna see it. Joinin my mans okapoka ArrArrArr.
okay seems like cardi was basically on the invis wagon for pressure, which by itself is fine
In post 819, Cardi B wrote:
In post 817, OkaPoka wrote:I mean wasting a town investigator on him for a night.

We flip him because he is unreadable
All Im sayins is

0 other votes on invisibility oka be like "this bitch off the table"

3 other votes oka be like "oawww less lynch em"

Looks to me like nothin changed his mind! Skitter skitter talked abt why his content bad... I though she made sense (as usual :D )... okadude didnt even seem to noticed it, you knowwha Im sayin.
In post 828, Cardi B wrote:
In post 824, Skygazer wrote:I don't like how Cardi throws shade at Oka's vote after the hammer but joined the wagon directly after Oka's vote
I didnt like how it interactit with his own reasons, obvissly I didnt think it was a bad vote in general?
cardi then tries to scumread for his "inconsistency" in joining the invis wagon, when i think it was pretty evident oka was mainly on the wagon for pressure (which incidentally, is also the same reason cardi was on the wagon), i.e. oka was NOT on the invis wagon to "less lynch em"

for reference, oka's vote was in

as a bonus:
In post 57, Invisibility wrote:currently townleaning brassherald and Sando
i could totally see invis doing a "townlean your scumpartner and another townie" here

as another bonus, if we lynch cardi, i don't have to read her posts

VOTE: cardi

I like the reasoning here, ofrhz. Although you have the chance of being incorrect in your speculation, what you've said certainly is an eyebrow-raiser. I'll hop on the Cardi wagon.

VOTE: Cardi

I wanna hear from Ceej, too. I still have some uncomfortable gut feelings about him.
I'd love it if you can mention something else on me other than "oh ceejay is so towny he must be scum".
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 am

It's gut, ceej, and so I admit my tea leafy assessment of you comes with limitations peculiar to that type of read. I'm not ready to lynch you or anything, and my mind is very open to the possibility of you being town. Don't think to much of my statements regarding you. They don't amount to much.

What are your reads?
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 am

Post by AP »

In post 908, BuJaber wrote:- AP: why did you hammer?
I mistook CJV's vote for an Invis self-vote, which in my mind translated to either scum gambitting to look like they didn't care or a VT (in which case it was still a better lynch than one that leads to a TPR claim).

Obviously ot was a mistake but one that paid off anyway, so I'm not sorry.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:49 am

Post by AP »

In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
I am one to claim I perfectly understand ruru's gambit (and I acknowledge I did from the very start too).

First off; PGO/1-shot Vig is rarely ever picked anyway, much less so by the #1 draft. ruru obviously was claiming a strong TPR that needed to try and evade the NK. If a Townie had the role they would not have CC'd if they knew what they were doing (and/ot if they knew ruru well enough). Scum would have also known she was lying if they did have the role, so I'm slightly leaning they do, but not ruling out someone in the scum team knows ruru well enough and called her bluff.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:56 am

Post by AP »

In post 919, vulcan logician wrote:Another possibility is that Enigma is mafia, and it wouldn't have mattered which wagon they jumped on. (I lean town on Enigma, so I think this second option is unlikely, but it's still worth mentioning.)
But it did. Unless you think Enigma is also a GOON. I think this is the key to solving the case
IF
Enigma is scum here. You would sacrifice your pawn to save the queen every single time it gets offered to you.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:03 am

Post by AP »

In post 928, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 872, Skygazer wrote:
In post 871, OkaPoka wrote:How does that give Sando townpoints?
G
A
M
E
S
O
L
V
I
N
G
Shoulda said "gamsolving brooooooooooo".

Anyway, I have this townlean on both Oka and Sky.
ROTFL. Now I
demand
to be referred to as "the airhead" or something similar for the rest of the game.
My first impression when I saw the avi was "Why is the already lynched guy still posting" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I SWEAR IT'S TRUE! An I don't even know why. I mean, the avatars of the two aren't even similar!!
YEAH BABY YEAH!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 am

Post by OkaPoka »

im getting the impression that we as a town have no direction to go
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 931, AP wrote:
I mistook CJV's vote for an Invis self-vote, which in my mind translated to either scum gambitting to look like they didn't care or a VT (in which case it was still a better lynch than one that leads to a TPR claim).

In post 351, AP wrote:Hint: You better amuse me, cuz I actually typed the vote then decided not to put you @L-1 now
This is hard to believe. A townie (playing invs style) could put themselves at L-1 regardless of PR or VT, so it is a weak excuse here. For someone who took the time to deliberate voting me, it seems awfully convenient to slip accidentally on the invs wagon for the town cred. Invs was 90% sure to be lynched at that stage anyways ... a bit of LAMIST.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 am

In post 935, OkaPoka wrote:im getting the impression that we as a town have no direction to go
I sort of agree w/ you, Oka. Maybe we should get some wagons going to generate some information for this and the next day cycle. Nailing scum on D1 bought us some time and widened our margin for error, so I don't think it's a terrible way to proceed.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:11 am

In post 933, AP wrote:
In post 919, vulcan logician wrote:Another possibility is that Enigma is mafia, and it wouldn't have mattered which wagon they jumped on. (I lean town on Enigma, so I think this second option is unlikely, but it's still worth mentioning.)
But it did. Unless you think Enigma is also a GOON. I think this is the key to solving the case
IF
Enigma is scum here. You would sacrifice your pawn to save the queen every single time it gets offered to you.
He's a bit far down on the list to assume he DOES have a PR.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 am

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: ausuka

ausuka never joined invis wagon
ausuka's justification for townreading invis is really lame and kinda lazy in retrospect

ausuka might be invis scumbuddy
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 am

In post 934, AP wrote:
ROTFL. Now I
demand
to be referred to as "the airhead" or something similar for the rest of the game.
My first impression when I saw the avi was "Why is the already lynched guy still posting" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I SWEAR IT'S TRUE! An I don't even know why. I mean, the avatars of the two aren't even similar!!
This post rubs me the wrong way. You had no way of knowing his alignment so why would you be surprised that he's posting post-hammer? Townies post after the hammer all the time to release information that they hitherto were keeping close to the chest.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

We're not voting for Ausuka today
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

UNVOTE:
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:19 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 459, Invisibility wrote:Sando - leantown
skitter30 - town
AP - null
brassherald - slight townlean
BuJaber - townlean
Ausuka - town
Skygazer - null
vulcan logician - siteflaked?
ceejayvinoya - null
ruru - townlean actually
ofrhz - town
OkaPoka - townlean
Enigma - null
{AP, Skygazer, Ceejay, Enigma, vulcan}
VOTE: vulcan logician
does invis put scumbuddies into lynch pool?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Ap i think is town
skygazer is town
ceejay is probs town

<enigma, vulcan> by PoE

enigma voted for invis

VOTE: vulcan logician by shitty PoE
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:27 am

Post by AP »

In post 936, Enigma wrote:
In post 931, AP wrote:

In post 351, AP wrote:Hint: You better amuse me, cuz I actually typed the vote then decided not to put you @L-1 now
This is hard to believe. A townie (playing invs style) could put themselves at L-1 regardless of PR or VT, so it is a weak excuse here. For someone who took the time to deliberate voting me, it seems awfully convenient to slip accidentally on the invs wagon for the town cred. Invs was 90% sure to be lynched at that stage anyways ... a bit of LAMIST.
Trust me, if I was scum with him I would've instructed him to claim COP to bait a CC before we lynched him. :wink:
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:27 am

Post by AP »

Also, if I was scum with him I'd know the vote count already.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 932, AP wrote:
In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
I am one to claim I perfectly understand ruru's gambit (and I acknowledge I did from the very start too).

First off; PGO/1-shot Vig is rarely ever picked anyway, much less so by the #1 draft. ruru obviously was claiming a strong TPR that needed to try and evade the NK. If a Townie had the role they would not have CC'd if they knew what they were doing (and/ot if they knew ruru well enough). Scum would have also known she was lying if they did have the role, so I'm slightly leaning they do, but not ruling out someone in the scum team knows ruru well enough and called her bluff.
Well scum could perfectly understand ruru's gambit from the very beginning if they knew she was lying based off their own draft choices.
In post 114, AP wrote:That said, ruru might have thought she's a prime NK target becaise she picked first, and -in that case- if a Doctor existed they'd be inclined to be on her. HOWEVER, Doctor may not be in play (it's Doc or RB), so it's better to self-protect and let the "possible" Doctor protect elsewhere.
A town JK could also protect ruru, and it is an option (though not as ideal as a doc). You could have flagged the possibility of that?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Skygazer »

I could see ceejay's initial ping vote and easy jump back onto the invis wagon as distancing.

Ofrhz also made that jump relatively quickly and a decent chunk of their scum leans seemed to be lynch bait iirc
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:30 am

Post by AP »

In post 940, vulcan logician wrote:
In post 934, AP wrote:
ROTFL. Now I
demand

This post rubs me the wrong way. You had no way of knowing his alignment so why would you be surprised that he's posting post-hammer? Townies post after the hammer all the time to release information that they hitherto were keeping close to the chest.
Dude, the post I'm quoting has been done TODAY (i.e. after both the Invis and the ruru flips)
YEAH BABY YEAH!

Return to “Completed Open Games”