NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

VOTE: the worst

this is a good wagon
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

can I get uhhhhhhhh a... boneless wagon
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #112 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by xyzzy »

imo Elbirn is town and just acting dumb

Raskolnikov is scum though

VOTE: Raskolnikov

also if I'm right about Raskolnikov being scum, then inferno is town. I doubt scum buddies would immediately have an interaction like that
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #135 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 113, the worst wrote:oshit xyzzy are you town this time?
yeah dude you know it!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #423 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh my god 10+ pages since the last time I had the chance to read any of the thread at all. let's do this
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #474 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by xyzzy »

here's some thoughts from pages 7 through 11. it might be tomorrow before I can do more because it's 4 am and I gotta sleep y'all

- so basically Elbirn's self vote just felt like a dumb throwaway joke that can be disregarded whereas Raskolnikov's no lynch vote is the sort of thing that feels very unlikely to come from town. it just feels very constructed to avoid creating any actual content. and I don't think Inferno390 as Raskolnikov's scum buddy would've made .
- brassherald feels town from this post.
- profii saying "I think we will find opportunistic scum in [Raskolnikov's wagon]" feels true and town
- feels like a scum post.
- I don't really have a strong opinion about this post re:brassherald, but I feel like saying that I generally don't care for reads based on meta from previous games at all. unless it's an open setup, the conclusions folks draw tend to be kind of meaningless.
- this vote from brassherald feels kinda not great given the total lack of explanation
- "Almost 9 pages already before 24 hours are up? Do you people not understand what a chill game means?" honestly!!!!!
- good post, Inferno390 town.
- this is a good and worthwhile post.
- oh geez Pine this is a confusing votecount format
- NY214 is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In NY214 you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the NY214 motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.
- imo there is nothing intrinsically town or not town about either of these RVS strategies but the context in which the vote appears can be meaningful.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #569 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:35 am

Post by xyzzy »

here's some more thoughts from me through page 19. there's a big chunk of this where I didn't really comment a lot because it was just a bunch of posts either from or about Gustavo and I really don't think there's a lot of actual value in most of those posts. I'm headed out to go do some stuff this evening, but barring like 10 pages out of nowhere, I should very easily be able to catch up on page 20 to the present. as you can see, I don't really have a lot of strong scum reads right now -- mostly people I'm townreading. I also really don't have much of a read at all on Flubbernugget, who I will definitely ISO once I'm caught up, because he's a person about whom people have strong feelings, and I feel like I should develop an opinion there. I'm just unvoting for now, because like I said, I don't really have any strong scum reads, but I'll try forming those once I'm caught up by taking a closer look at the folks I'm not specifically townreading.

- this is a good, thoughtful post.
- so is this one. townreading HeWhoSwims.
- if Ausuka flips scum, there's a strong chance one of these three will as well, but I don't think it'll be more than one.
- this is a good post and makes me think Raskolnikov might be town.
- I tend to do better when I'm doing these kinds of posts where I respond to a bunch of stuff at once, but that also makes me a little less memorable.
- this is another good post from brassherald.
- a perot is when you just repeat the arguments someone else has made in order to look town. wait, shit, no, that's a different thing.
- only 6 pages since I made this post! wowie
- even though this post doesn't say anything substantive about this game, it makes me trust HitAlt a lot; this process feels genuine.
- these are extremely good reads from MagnaofIllusion and I'm just going to perot everything he says here
- Chickadee, I'm really interested in learning more about your reads on Inferno390, Raskolnikov, and brassherald.
- lmao nice
- this is a good post and I think davesaz is town.
- Skygazer, can you point to any specific Elbirn posts that have you town reading him?

UNVOTE:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #596 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Post by xyzzy »

- tbh Flubbernugget responding with a comment that he's not really engaging with the rest of the players by citing his engagement with a useless, probably meaningless argument that resulted in a force replace isn't a great look
- this is very true and this analysis makes me a little cautious of Inferno390.
- I don't like this HitAlt post very much. it's literally the only time they've referenced any of these users at all. I can't really comment on the quality of this group as a potential scum team, but I dislike posts that declare a bunch of players to be scum together with literally no supporting evidence given.
- this vote from Inferno390 feels opportunistic.
- this davesaz post is good.
- this interaction between dramonic and Inferno390 feels like it could be bussy.
- it's a subforum that you have to join a particular usergroup to gain access to. it's the Cool Hangout Spot where you get to know people on site.
- yeah I don't feel great about the Skygazer wagon b/c most of the people on it haven't really offered any actual justification for their votes
- Elbirn, you can be incorrect without being scummy, and it's worthwhile to point out when people are wrong.
- profii, what do you mean when you say that my posts like this one don't really go anywhere? do you mean that you're hoping I'll have some kind of thesis tying up the points I make? if so, that's not really the purpose of these posts, and I try to avoid making broad statements before I feel confident about them. as for my reasoning for joining the wagon, it basically amounted to 1)the no lynch vote was scummy and 2)I like joining early wagons.
- hmm idk sounds like something someone who wanted to argue with the mod would say
- I like this Flubbernugget post.
- post 180 isn't mine. can you clarify?
- Andrius feels very town with this post. all these reads feel very real and organic.
- a lot of these points feel like Inferno390 is willfully misinterpreting Andrius' post.
- that's not an unreasonable complaint regarding my posting style, but I often do these types of catch-ups; it's been well over a year since the last time I played in a regular, non-gimmick game that wasn't a micro where I didn't replace in, but if you go back to any of my games from around 2016-early 2017, you're likely to find me posting similarly irrespective of alignment. I'll make a reads post tomorrow once I've had more time to think things through. mostly my intent with posting this way is that it's easier for me to keep track of my own reads later on--my brain is too full of ADHD to remember things like who I was scumreading yesterday, so for anything longer than a marathon game, I have to structure things in such a way that I can remember how I feel. which, like, sounds like I'm being non-genuine with my reads, but like I said, you can find town games of mine where I played the exact same way. that being said I'm definitely scum reading Inferno390 at this point, hence the vote at the bottom of this post.
- I really, really like this response to my question, and am townreading Skygazer.

VOTE: Inferno390
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #599 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh btw this game has given me another chance to use this image I made a long time ago

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #605 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

it feels genuine to me but idk I don't feel confident about that
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #628 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 626, Elbirn wrote:
In post 596, xyzzy wrote: - Elbirn, you can be incorrect without being scummy, and it's worthwhile to point out when people are wrong.

[...]

VOTE: Inferno390
Did you link to the right post up there because I don't follow what you're saying or how you seem to defend inferno but then vote him
just because I think that overall someone is scum doesn't mean I can't have positive feelings about some of that person's posts. in this case it's hardly even that?? like I'm barely even defending Inferno390 here, this comment is mostly about how I disagree with a thing you said
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #637 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by xyzzy »

three tomatoes are walking down the street, Papa Tomato, Mama Tomato, and Baby Tomato. Baby Tomato starts lagging behind and Papa Tomato gets really angry, goes back and squishes him, says, "ketchup."
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #675 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 651, Taly wrote:OMGUS is another example of a buzzword that doesn't provide valid reasoning or insight onto something

It
is
my bias. But it's provided by experience.
unless it secretly started getting used differently in the past decade without me noticing, OMGUS is reserved for a specific situation—it's for when you abruptly start scum reading someone after they start scum reading you for seemingly no reason other than that they're scum reading you; dismissing it out of hand isn't a great idea because there are plenty of legitimate situations where a vote has absolutely no merit and this is a super effective shorthand for discussing that fact.

anyway hey guess what: the skywagon is bad
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #677 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by xyzzy »

it feels very much like most of the people on it just voted for her and then came up with post hoc justifications for their votes. the closest anyone has really come to offering a justification is either "I think this exact group of people are all scum together and this is the one from the group I want to lynch first," "her posts are all fluff and no content," and "she did something I didn't like on page 5." the first reason is just ridiculous because we're not to a stage in the game where working out the entire scum team is possible, the second I just don't agree with, and the third was irrelevant by the time the wagon actually happened.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #736 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

this while honeypot thing from HitAlt feels like a lot of backpedaling and I'm not a big fan of it
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #739 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

Pine
, can I get uuuuhhhhhhhhhh... boneless votecount (also can you update the OP with Taly replacing?)

p-edit: that's a fun way of asking me not to vote for you. I'll join a wagon if one starts tho
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #781 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 748, Ausuka wrote:
In post 736, xyzzy wrote:this while honeypot thing from HitAlt feels like a lot of backpedaling and I'm not a big fan of it
can you explain this further please? because I'm not seeing it rn
basically he started out by saying "these three people are the scum team" and as soon as people started to apply, like, any scrutiny at all to the idea of guessing the scum team that early, he was like "ACTUALLY I just think this one person is scum and the other two are scum leans. I made this assertion for Very Smart Reasons"

anyway hey there's a wagon here now, so, as promised

VOTE: HitAlt
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #782 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 759, HitAlt wrote:
In post 740, Inferno390 wrote:Lol
This is easily the worst thing you could do at this point.
Join a wagon on a player we actually should and/or can lynch today.
Whether you like my antics or not I am not scum, and will not be lynched this game. (or on this alt for that matter unless town enjoys trolling)
also this is such a bad post. catastrophically bad
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #906 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

I don't really care for the flubber wagon but I'm also not sure where it's at because there's been a bunch of votes since then
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #911 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 910, Pine wrote:
In post 896, Raskolnikov wrote:
@Mod
can we get an updated VC
Yes, soon. Need to go make burgers and dogs for 70 people.
make that 71, brb heading over to get in on this action
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #930 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 927, Skygazer wrote:
Scum Lean

HeWhoSwims - I don't like where he has like six different scumreads he's willing to vote for
on day 1 with 17 players that's not really that bad
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1045 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

hey y'all sorry for going a couple days with no posts, I'm catching up now
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1086 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:32 am

Post by xyzzy »

aw frig I started a thing with a bunch of posts to respond to, then I got distracted because I'm very tired. also sorry if any of this is incoherent, it took me several hours to make this post because I haven't slept in a long time. also I did quotes this time because I guess not having to click on things makes people happy which added to the amount of time it took to make the post (honestly, probably doubled the time required) but I did this because I love and care for you all.
ANYWAY

In post 961, Raskolnikov wrote:writing an extremely barebones one or two sentences why dram or sky is scum should literally take 1 minute if you feel that strongly on the read
the fact that it's like pulling teeth to get substance or specifics on your strongest reads when you keep speaking to there being a mountain of evidence and people should sheep you doesnt make any sense to me
anytime I have a strong read on someone on the basis of their read on someone else I feel like it's basically an ouroboros and there's no actual original thought on my part but hey! I'm townreading Raskolnikov in part because of posts like this one; thus the serpent consumes his own tail
In post 964, Raskolnikov wrote:VOTE: The worst
I think TW defending the fuck out of hitalt and glossing over literally everything there is bad regardless of hitalts alignment. though I have extra concern is TW potentially whiteknighting a hitalt town and duck feeling justified defending as such on the basis of knowing he's town and like dismissing hitalt scum and hitalt wagon out of hand.
I read that game they played and hitalt here really isnt very similar to hitalt there, hitalt there actually went into detail when pressed on his scumreads and made convincing meta+tonal arguments
when I read that game it did blindside me a bit how strong hitalt were there and I did think ok hitalt should get some space in , but getting back into this game its even more clear how much nothing hes doing here in comparison and if anything expectation should be higher (though it's tempting strong meta judgment on that 1 game sample size not necessarily reliable either though)

Also I feel like he's kinda complacent here. impression is he's pointing things out but not actually scumhunting
I feel like I should have more opinions on the worst, but this post gives me a nice starting point.
In post 979, HitAlt wrote:Guys, I'm saying this one more time - do not lynch me D1.
I'm currently being put closer to the situation where you just "ehhh" close to the deadline and someone hammers.

If you REALLY think I've done fuckall, it's an unfair assessment.
If you REALLY think I've been "scummy", you are actually mistaken.
What I haven't done, is that I haven't communicated my points transparently, or "cased" anyone properly.
I haven't been an open book, but why does that make me scum?

It's really very simple - I just can't obv. Town D1 this game.
Although it might be that I can't do any detecting on scum anyway, I simply can't be an obv.town.

I still intend to do more longer posts today, but I'm worried the damage is done already.
tbh I don't know what else to say about the "HitAlt insisting that they're right without offering anything meaningful to say at all beyond just 'can't you see I'm right'" trend but, like, I have to keep pointing out, because why are they still alive. c'mon.
In post 984, Taly wrote:I'll post tomorrow if I don't burnout or withdraw from people

Just by skimming the past few pages, I do not want a
hitalt
lynch at all D1 and I will case a townread on that.
what made you feel that way -- the way HitAlt was acting during those pages, or the way other people were acting?
In post 987, brassherald wrote:
In post 986, Taly wrote:Image

((also, what is a vanity wagon?))
I know this one because I was told that I should know it as not a newbie but it's a wagon where there is only one person on it.

I think it's a dumb term because it makes no sense
this is the first time I've heard this term but yeah that's just........ the opposite of a wagon
In post 997, brassherald wrote:No one really seems to care about my scum reads so I'm just not sharing them until the end of day.

If you want something, I think inferno is scum. But, I doubt an inferno wagon is going to start when I display my reasoning because we all saw how much weight my reads actually have when I spoke about them the last two times, so why distract town with another possible wagon that no one is going to follow for literal days and I only have 3 days.

But, yeah, Inferno scum, dramonic scum, Taly possible scum, the worst isn't looking so hot recently, I'm not sold on Flubber scum, I think the hitalt wagon is not thinking about anything, but again, people have shown a tendency to ignore me, but I'll go for it.

Why does hitalt!scum double down on this position of not doing cases day 1? It would be most beneficial for him to be town read in this case.

When everyone wants to listen to what I'm saying instead of giving me shit about what I'm saying not being enough because there are like 2 posts that don't line up with the general ideas I assert over the course of two weeks of play, then I'll stop having fun as much and start really engaging people, but I don't like wasting my own time.
the tone of this post feels just a little bit off to me. not too off, but just a little.
In post 1005, Elbirn wrote:
In post 991, brassherald wrote:We're getting close to the deadline...

@Elbirn, who we lynching?
I don't even know, as evidenced by my non-voting. I don't care for either wagon and feel that people have written off several people as town who I cant recall having done fuckall to earn it / give my mothers intuition the heeby-jeebies. But then I don't know if they need scrutiny or if scum and town alike are coalescing around the same reads to blend in. Like...do I angry face at the universally townread or look for the fake thought process of someone justifying their shitty townread

Anyway my contrarian gut reads are chick/ausuka/skygazer but that's based on nothing enjoy
those are some fun contrarian gut reads based on nothing! I
did
enjoy
In post 1012, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 1002, Elbirn wrote:
In post 927, Skygazer wrote:
Strong Scum

flubber
HitAlt
Your two scumreads are the two viable wagons we have today?
This is a damning thing and I still think Skygazer is scum

Woops sorry pine for activity. Been tired.

I'm still willing to lynch in [Gazer, Taly, Dram, Hit, Chick], my preference is [Hit/Gazer/Dram] at this point

Well I guess - people who TR in those, convince me?

And people not in that pool, discuss the reads with me or so?
I don't understand how agreeing with the two strongest opinions is scummy??? like I don't really feel like these two positions are in direct opposition, we don't have the threshold of information where finding both of them scummy is a bad thing
In post 1019, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 721, brassherald wrote:
In post 700, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Andrius
What do you see here?
Can’t believe I missed this. Caught it ISOing Brass. Town points for this.

@Brass: this was actually a reaction test to see if I could lure out a few people that I was low-key associating with Andrius (which I’m not gonna reveal at this time because of the way the gamestate has turned). The fact that you caught it and called me out on it the way you did is a positive.
do you think you'll reveal the thing you're referring to later on?
In post 1037, HitAlt wrote:Heh, guess I'll wrote then.
Thought it might not be necessary after all, but since A is being pigheaded (or not paying attention to the more subtle things Taly apparently noted), I guess I would feel like gamethrowing if I just rolled over and died.

I'll make the posts I promised today then. (and you will all have to forgive me for walling, because that is the only way I know how)
I don't have much remarkable to say about this post, I'm just pointing it out as another really bad HitAlt post for the folks who still somehow don't like their wagon.
In post 1043, Taly wrote:
In post 1011, dramonic wrote:
Inferno wrote:-Is passive aggressively tunneling Taly despite giving no reads on him after davesaz replaces out
It's the same playerslot. I don't care what Taly has to say.
-only provided original reads on davesaz. No other original content from the slot after that exchange
Townread deleted.

There's so many things wrong with this post.

VOTE: dramonic VOTE: dramonic VOTE: dramonic

In what world does town literally dismiss an entire replacement slot and tunnel their scumread based off a predecessor, while ignoring the other slot's posts?

Maybe this vote will encourage you
TO CARE
about
ANY
of
MY
posting
IN THIS GAME
because they
HOLD WEIGHT

I'm not moving my vote until you drop this
"you're scum and I want your lynch for reasons that vaguely apply because I don't want to try to read you more"
approach.

I completely disagree with the
Hit
lynch and you seem borderline apathetic about me having any opinion at all, despite it being different from yours.

~~~

Side note, I'm not sure about
TW
read at the moment, but there's more worthy people for me imo.

I think scum-
TW
WKing town-
Hit
is more possible than any reality regarding
Hit
-scum, but I have people I'm borderline tunneling to the ground at the moment.
the wording of "I don't care what Taly has to say" was probably a bit strong, but this is some serious overreaction imo

anyway there's been a few pages since I started this post a few hours ago and there's some stuff I want to respond to there soon but uh. it's been long enough since I last slept that my brain is quite frankly way too fucky to do that right now
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1105 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1103, the worst wrote:can someone gimme a quick synopsis of why xyzzy flashwagon?
elbirn ignored all the content I've posted and claimed that I haven't posted any content and voted for me and for some reason everyone went along with it
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1125 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:21 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1124, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1120, HeWhoSwims wrote:Even if he doesn't post much at least I do feel his posts have content
Literally where because I have seen nothing but "Beep boop I agree with this post"

You all are straying from the true path, stop
repeatedly claiming to not see something does not disprove its existence
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1145 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 am

Post by xyzzy »

prime number modifier is kind of weird but also plausible in 17p
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1149 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:01 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1146, Elbirn wrote:Isn't 1 a prime number

I went to college
1 is definitely not a prime number
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1323 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by xyzzy »

y'all we could've lynched hitalt but instead we let them hammer someone else
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1600 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1380, HitAlt wrote:OK, with this in mind, I have a CRAZY idea that will likely backfire, so I'll skip that.
But.
I feel 75% sure I was protected last night AND I got a guilty on the scummie who tried to kill me.

TO BE CERTAIN WOULD REQUIRE OUR VIG TO STEP FORWARD AND CLAIM THE KILL THAT WENT THROUGH.

Opinions?
I'm currently catching up on the posts so far today but I really hate this post. if you're going to make some grandiose statement like this then, like, back it up with an explanation for why it's true instead of just asking a vig to come forward
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1602 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1428, Taly wrote:
Townbloc

Taly
Chickadee
HitAlt
Inferno390
Raskolnikov
Ausuka

Everyone active in the thread right now is giving me townvibes. Like
Brass, Andrius
becoming townleans.
Ausuka wrote:i guess we can wait for the vig. i still don't get scumreads on tw at all.
Take my scumreads with a grain of salt at the moment because with
Dram
flipping scum, a lot of my reads are being reset to what they were Mid-D1, but I have more game information to process.

My brain is going 90 MPH at the moment, and since I'm blending a
"Conversational Posting Style"
with my
"Wallpost Style"
, it's showing.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1603 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1467, Raskolnikov wrote:I think xyzxyz might be scum he commented on hit and flub not dram. But he had opportunities to like in (at the end where he responded to taly)
honestly I just really never had very strong opinions about anything dramonic posted. I know that sounds like a fake copout but it's true
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1604 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1490, the worst wrote:
In post 1489, HitAlt wrote:
In post 1487, the worst wrote:read my responses to you really carefully
if you want to go down this path it's 100% up to you but it's not my preference.
OK, I'm willing to take the blame then as I can't see what you might have hinted at there.

NO MORE HINTING (or hidden meanings):
I'm proposing that you did nothing last night, is that assumption correct?
OMG THE WIFOM IN RESPONDING TO THIS POST
are you asking this last question because you love me and respect me?
I'm still scumreading HitAlt but regardless of their alignment I think they deffo don't have the same alignment as the worst so on the off chance the worst flips scum I will be inclined to believe HitAlt is town
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1605 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1520, the worst wrote:Btw I think someone probably has an inno on me
is this just a broad in general statement or are you saying a particular, specific person?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1606 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1563, the worst wrote:outliving like 40 other people is shitttt
<3
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1611 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1610, HitAlt wrote:If I were to be scum fakeclaiming to get a lynch through, I would be submitting myself up for a trade 1for1..?
I think I'd be willing to take you up on doing just that
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1614 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

y'know

this is still the right choice
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1617 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Post by xyzzy »

so that's a "no" to explaining your reasoning in plain terms then
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1619 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by xyzzy »

HitAlt, do you believe that you're going to convince anyone that the worst is for sure, without a doubt mafia through your current behavior? if so, why? if not, why are you acting this way?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1631 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:23 am

Post by xyzzy »

HitAlt, when you ask bizarre, vague questions without explaining yourself in an attempt to trap someone, you irrevocably taint the usefulness of any data you might be creating. your line of questioning today has been baseless and unhinged and comically aggressive, but you expect the worst to just play along with your pointless nonsense. that's unlikely to work on
anyone
regardless of meta or alignment, and trying to frame this as you having caught scum in a trap is just not remotely accurate.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1634 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 1632, the worst wrote:
XYZZY HOW DARE YOJ HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ROLL SCUM.
I did no such thing! how dare you use the power of the double mech to make such an accusation
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1833 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 am

Post by xyzzy »

VOTE: Elbirn
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2059 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 599, xyzzy wrote:oh btw this game has given me another chance to use this image I made a long time ago

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2113 (isolation #42) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:15 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2080, Taly wrote:
In post 2059, xyzzy wrote:
In post 599, xyzzy wrote:oh btw this game has given me another chance to use this image I made a long time ago

If this is all you have to say, I may have to reevaluate my townread on you.
I mean maybe show me the base level of respect of getting this right if you want me to engage with your posts. like I avoided specifically calling anyone out but you're the one who's been fucking this up the most and it makes your posts basically impossible for me to read
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2161 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2138, Skygazer wrote:Hey xyzzy, what are your thoughts on {me, Almost50/elbirn, profii}?
working on an answer to this question
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2162 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:36 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2121, Andrius wrote:Thing is, Magna, I almost want to lynch xyzzy for the MIA but I want to give her time to actually show up and play.
seriously what part of this do you not understand
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2297 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I feel like all of the setup speculation today has been probably 99% useless and will likely only benefit scum
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2421 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hey, I just saw my prod a bit ago and haven't had an opportunity to post since then and I'm about to go to sleep BUT I will focus on this game first thing tomorrow morning. sorry I've been slacking off on this one, y'all.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2426 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:32 am

Post by xyzzy »

at some point someone suggested the following strategy for fruit vendors: have each person claim "received fruit/did not receive fruit" in order (either popcorn or alphabetical or in player order or whatever else we want to do). this is much, much better than just having people who received fruit claim.

I don't really feel like there's any strong evidence that Inferno and dramonic are scum together. I read through the parts of Inferno's iso from yesterday regarding dramonic and along with how voting went I just don't think that was bussing?

Taly, you wrote in that "Chick could also be apart of the low-content group, but there's reason to suggest she's town over the others." could you clarify what you mean by there being reason to suggest that?

the worst, in , you write "I can't really see a reason {dram, profii, inferno} doesn't contain 3 scum." will that change if either profii or Inferno flip town?

MagnaofIllusion's "Skygazer is secretly an alt" theorizing in is really weird to me. I feel like that sort of analysis isn't usually very useful.

re: , the worst vigging me would be highly unproductive.

I really can't agree with Andrius' "If you shoot someone unacceptable we'll lynch you" in . while it's generally a good idea for a vigilante to give a shit about what the town wants, it seems like being a populist and just shooting the most scumread player every night is a good way for an SK to skate by.

Taly's analysis in of HeWhoSwims is really good

profii's feels like it can't come from scum. the "these are reasons why it would be good to lynch me" arguments feel like they'd be impossible from scum in this position.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2481 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 503, Inferno390 wrote:That is a weaksause response. A good read doesn’t go back and contradict itself when re-examined. You’re far too old of a player to be saying that this sort of discrepancy just “happens.”

That’s enough to garner my vote.
VOTE: dramonic
I'm in the middle of putting together a reads list and I'm going through some of my old posts and I just noticed on day 1 I said this Inferno/dramonic interaction feels a little bussy and I think that might be worth pointing out again now that dramonic has flipped
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2482 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

anyway it makes zero sense to me that scum profii would be arguing on behalf of their own lynch. like as a scum post just makes zero sense to me

here is a reads list I composed by going through my previous posts and noting who I have thought is scummy throughout the game; note that in the case of Gamma Emerald at the very bottom that's mostly because of HitAlt who was the Most Scummy Of All and I don't really have a strong opinion regarding Gamma Emerald in that slot yet. even though he's down there at the bottom I don't think it makes any sense to lynch him until we have a better sense of him since it's possible HitAlt was just doing a really bad job of being town.

town
brassherald
MagnaofIllusion
Taly
Skygazer

Andrius
Elbirn
profii
Chickadee
Ausuka

Raskolnikov
HeWhoSwims

the worst
Inferno390
Gamma Emerald
mafia
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2483 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:47 am

Post by xyzzy »

btw Taly I'm honestly not sure if you're still misunderstanding this or not (I hope you're not intentionally antagonizing me? I honestly can't tell but that would be... super shitty of you so I hope that's not the case) but this is a fairly good article that would be worth checking out: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-use-gende ... 1821239054
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2502 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:28 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2489, Inferno390 wrote:Xyzzy
Please explain your scumreads on TW and myself.
so I went kind of back and forth on this a couple times over the past couple days but I think I've settled on there being a greater than average chance that your interactions with dramonic were bussing yesterday. my feelings there have Rapidly Evolved but that's pretty much where I'm at.

the worst probably should've gone in the third group with Raskolnikov and HeWhoSwims, possibly ranking a little higher; I've just not really had many strong impressions of him this game and I've read a couple of critiques of him that I've found generally agreeable.
In post 2501, Chickadee wrote:I also think popcorn is a bad idea. I think that the two people who get fruit claim it in their first post, and until then tomorrow, no one else even talks about fruit.
I feel like that system is a lot more vulnerable to scum trying to exploit it? like if everyone claims fruit/no fruit in an order that scum can't directly control, it becomes much harder for them to try to outguess the fruit vendors.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2507 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

right, but if scum has good reason to believe they were targeted by a fruit vendor based either on their own role or on the lack of other players claiming having received fruit, that gives them a small chance to claim having received fruit. this is obviously incredibly unlikely to work, but why would we leave that possibility open when there's a system that removes it?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2526 (isolation #53) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »

VOTE: HeWhoSwims

HWS and I are both L-2

[L-2] xyzzy - Andrius, Raskolnikov, Gamma Emerald, MagnaofIllusion, Almost50, Inferno390
[L-2] HeWhoSwims - Taly, brassherald, the worst, Ausuka, Skygazer, xyzzy

does anyone want me to claim? I'll do that if anyone wants me to
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2537 (isolation #54) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2535, Skygazer wrote:xyzzy, do you have any reasons for not wanting to lynch profii other than the fact that he calls for his own lynch? Because I was rereading and noticed that and it feels p weak to me considering everything else about profii
that's most of it honestly. I'll join a profii wagon if I can be convinced that his actions make sense as scum but I don't really feel like I've been convinced of that yet
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2539 (isolation #55) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by xyzzy »

VOTE: profii
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2542 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by xyzzy »

that's L-1 on me
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2615 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:36 am

Post by xyzzy »

being willing to compromise on getting a lynch on someone who I think isn't the worst lynch option ≠ survivalism

like I want to avoid my own lynch obviously but my primary motivation for my last couple of votes has been being fine with the proposed lynch. similarly, the fact that I'm willing to lynch folks who aren't my very bottom scum read isn't bad—it's a conscious acknowledgement that I'm more confident in my town reads than my scum reads.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2616 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

being more confident in my town reads than scum reads is deffo something that I am consistent about meta-wise btw. I generally feel much safer finding people I trust and following then than going on the attack
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2618 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 am

Post by xyzzy »

I believe that's L-1 again jsyk
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2639 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:17 am

Post by xyzzy »

skygazer is a bad lynch
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2670 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by xyzzy »

well hey maybe y'all'll get lucky and you'll just keep lynching town and nightkilling scum
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2701 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2702 (isolation #63) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:52 am

Post by xyzzy »

hey let's not lynch me then
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2962 (isolation #64) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hey, sorry for not posting anything for a couple days; I was going to do a catchup post last night for the past few pages but I had a pretty nasty fall and was in more of an "oh god I'm bleeding from several places, that's not where the blood goes" mood than a "let's read some posts" mood. reading now.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2963 (isolation #65) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2829, Ausuka wrote:1) no. SK is scum imo and the optimal play for anyone but tw who shot Dram is obviously to stay quiet and shoot tw at night.)
this 100%. treating scum and SK as separate categories is antithetical to the town win con. treating the worst as possible scum is the correct play.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2966 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2875, Almost50 wrote:Scum are playing a splendid game by day I guess. There is NO ONE that I'm
confident
they'd flip red.

@Taly: Seriously now.. why am I in your suspects/lynch pool still? And how would my flip help you reconsider your reads? (Hint: To save yourself some effort, just assume I am today's lynch and I flipped GREEN. So what next?)
this post is pretty scummy imo. while it's not bad to not feel confident about anyone for sure being scum (I'm as guilty of that as anyone), the way this is worded with the "scum are doing really well and THAT'S why my reads aren't solid" vibe isn't great
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2967 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2930, Ausuka wrote:Uhhh I might be being stupid but

I think this might be multiball
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2969 (isolation #68) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I see zero value in speculating on multiball until we get concrete, explicit evidence that something like that is going on
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3066 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 am

Post by xyzzy »

welp it looks like I'm Extremely Dead then, and it's even real this time
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3067 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

if I'm right about Skygazer being town I think that might make MagnaofIllusion scum
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3068 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2426, xyzzy wrote:re: , the worst vigging me would be highly unproductive.
also fun fact: this was a breadcrumb
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3069 (isolation #72) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:04 am

Post by xyzzy »

also while I'm a town lean on Ausuka I think it's worth trying to assess whether y'all think she knew I was actually at L-1 or not
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3070 (isolation #73) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

actually yeah I feel super confident that Ausuka didn't think that was L-2 and knew it was a hammer and I'mma need to know why
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3071 (isolation #74) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh wait lol profii is the one who actually hammered I misread that shit
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3072 (isolation #75) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am

Post by xyzzy »

in fact Ausuka didn't even vote me LISTEN i just woke up from a nap to a hammer and my whole brain is fuck
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3074 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:09 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3073, Raskolnikov wrote:whoops
whoops?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3076 (isolation #77) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:10 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3029, Raskolnikov wrote:VOTE: almost50
this post-hammer vote is fascinating to me
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3078 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3075, Raskolnikov wrote:youre claiming pr?
yup but I'm several stages past hammered anyway so not like it matters, unless governor got secretly whitelisted as a normal role while none of us were looking
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3081 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:19 am

Post by xyzzy »

I don't think it can but I'm a hider (specifically not the more common weak variant)

I was reticent to claim before being hammered because of the possibility of scum losing a nightkill by targeting me
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3088 (isolation #80) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh yeah I hid behind Taly. that is a possibility yes